Forum of Thrones: An Interactive Story

Comments

• and would have shown little motivation to impress her.

I get the feeling one of these days she's just going to have sympathy sex with him. Soon.

This is one option I really wish you would have picked, because it would have given me an opportunity to develop Federico. The poor guy is by far the most underused character in the entire story. Anyways, Jenna would have talked to him, eventually noticing that a few things about him are off a little bit, as if he is hiding something. During their talk, she would have also encountered Saerya for the first time and later on, she would have drawn the correct conclusion that Saerya seduced him into giving her the key to the ravenry. There would have been an additional choice to reveal Federico's actions to Nora, which would have resulted in him loosing his job. Afterwards, the talk to Saerya would have happened, although she would have been slightly pissed at Jenna if you would have chosen to rat Federico out.

This made me laugh.

I won't spoil too much, but Willfred would have learned a secret about Hobert that is now going to revealed at a later point in the story. He would have been caught spying and Hobert's guard Malkolm would have, fought, overpowered and knocked him out, leaving him for dead. Such an action would have naturally worsened Hobert's chances of becoming the next lord.

Probably doesn't have a dick or likes men (Malkolm).

Alternative Choices: Chapter VI Lucas I: [Focus on Harris] This choice would have had major consequences on the way the entire re

• However, it would have introduced a deeper level of the archive, where some strange things would have happened. Keat mentioned that the lower levels of the archive don't feel right and it would have given me the chance to hint at some really, really freaky stuff that goes on down there.

Federico's meth lab? Leonard's gold dragon pile he sleeps on?

In one case, it would have even been possible for you to use the information you received from this vision to correctly deduce one characters death in a later chapter and this vision would have shown you the option that would lead to said death, which would have given you knowledge to make your choices in a way that might possibly prevent it.

Ah man. Better not be Leonard.

Surprisingly, Aylard would have survived. I still have plans for him and Lucas wouldn't have managed to kill him. Instead, Leonard would have tackled him to the ground, to prevent him from committing murder and the two knights would have gotten into a fight. Lucas would have tried to let his anger out on Leonard, who would have lost this fight because of his leg wound. However, Ian would have helped Leonard and would have restrained Lucas. This option would have ruined the opinion Leonard, Harris and Ian have about Lucas. It would have irreparably destroyed the friendship between Lucas and Leonard and it would have caused Harris to loose any bit of respect he has for him, since he'd see him as a big hypocrite. In general, it would have turned Lucas into a much darker character, without any friends or allies.

Sounds solid.

Sadie II: [Seek help from Blane] This would have given Blane more screentime in this chapter, at the expense of Baelor. Despite her ob

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited May 2016

Hey Liquid, are there any major choices from previous chapters whose effects you can now reveal?

• Yes, in fact I'm writing them down right now, though it'll probably take me until early tomorrow to finish it. There have been quite a few choices that would have majorly affected the events in this chapter.

Hey Liquid, are there any major choices from previous chapters whose effects you can now reveal?

• Goodluck with tha man :)

Yes, in fact I'm writing them down right now, though it'll probably take me until early tomorrow to finish it. There have been quite a few choices that would have majorly affected the events in this chapter.

• edited May 2016

Oh also. I forgot to respond. Sorry.

Ok its fine. I even i forget to add stuff to my replies..... Like all of this.

I would honestly like to see how the heck you could give Mullendore a karmic death. Unless you have a red priestess ready to revive him only for him to die even more horrifying deaths at least 6-7 times (after several hours of torture done by........certain individuals.) I also wonder how Harmund will die since there are several canonical deaths for Harrens heirs.

Thats cool. I enjoy sticking to canon.

Interesting. On Prime i do a weird mix of all three, though mostly it's reliant on who i haven't shown yet and who hasn't been seen for a while.

I will take this as confimation that all characters will gain superpowers soon.

Again very interesting, i was asking since i remember that you mentioned a few times the effect they had sometimes. Once you mentioned a character didn't kill her enemies since she was Sadistic and enjoyed seeing them suffer far more.

Not unless i make them be in my head. The best example would be the prolougue where i posted a joke about my accidental prediction for the Maesters death.

So while reading this reply i was thinking of possible Samantha-ships and i suddenly had a very dark thought. Yes you could use this to give her happines........ Or you could use it in the most f****d up way possible. If you don't yet get what i mean just remember that there are many messed up women who would use her feelings to manipulate her......or worse.

Nice job on the relationship questions. I do find it funny just how many people hate Mullendore.

So yeah. Thats it for now. I will give you questions later but i think you earned a break.

That actually surprised me. Is it complicated or just a long explination? Complicated. Though I acutally meant to give an explanatio

• Still would've preferred Dark Lucas.

I'm really interested in the fight that would've happened between the Tom, Marak and Terroma. How would it have gone down? Who would've won? Would any of them have been injured or killed? And Who would've gotten Briar?

Sadie II: [Seek help from Blane] This would have given Blane more screentime in this chapter, at the expense of Baelor. Despite her ob

• Still would've preferred Dark Lucas.

Understandable, Dark Lucas is pretty interesting. Though, just because he managed to contain his anger this one time does not mean that Lucas has stopped growing into a darker character now. He still has a multitude of problems and severe, bottled-up anger issues, so don't expect him to turn into a more light-hearted character anytime soon. The main difference is that he would have truly been lost in the eyes of his friends if he would have tried to kill Aylard.

I'm really interested in the fight that would've happened between the Tom, Marak and Terroma. How would it have gone down? Who would've won? Would any of them have been injured or killed? And Who would've gotten Briar?

This would have been a storyline for Chapter 7. A the end of their respective Chapter 6 storylines, Noelle and Terroma would have both learned about Ellena's capture and this would have replaced their storyline in the next chapter, which is going to take place in the rural areas of the Reach, with a storyline in Oldtown. However, I can't go into too much detail there, because some plot points (including some of the potential injuries/deaths) are going to be similar in the storyline you're going to get now. For a short time however, Marak and Terroma would have joined forces against the Tom, though it would have been a very uneasy alliance. At the end of Chapter 7, I'm going into more detail about this, but for now I'm afraid I might spoil anything.

AgentZ46 posted: »

Still would've preferred Dark Lucas. I'm really interested in the fight that would've happened between the Tom, Marak and Terroma. How wo

• I would honestly like to see how the heck you could give Mullendore a karmic death. Unless you have a red priestess ready to revive him only for him to die even more horrifying deaths at least 6-7 times (after several hours of torture done by........certain individuals.) I also wonder how Harmund will die since there are several canonical deaths for Harrens heirs.

The wounds Mullendore received in this part would actually make for a karmic death in my opinion. He lost his eye and his leg got fucked up, which are exactly the most grievous wounds he gave to Lucas and Leonard in Chapter 5, he lost this fight because of his own arrogance and to make things worse, the one that took him down was among the people he hated the most, and a young girl on top. Bleeding to an unceremonious death at the hands of Harpy in the most shabby part of Oldtown might as well be one of the worst deaths Mullendore can imagine. As for Harmund... I actually see him as even worse than Mullendore, so if I decide to kill him off, it would truly be a glorious moment.

Thats cool. I enjoy sticking to canon.

Me as well, especially with such a fascinating canon. This change I'm going to make is merely a pragmatic change to one event that makes it easier and more enjoyable to include this event in the story in my opinion.

I will take this as confimation that all characters will gain superpowers soon.

Of course. Some of them gain the superpower to die at my will.

Again very interesting, i was asking since i remember that you mentioned a few times the effect they had sometimes. Once you mentioned a character didn't kill her enemies since she was Sadistic and enjoyed seeing them suffer far more.

Ah yes, this was Alysanne. She's among the more sadistic characters in the story, though she's nothing compared to Harmund or Mullendore. Actually, her sadism was a problem, as it prevented her from gaining an advantage in the warehouse fight in Chapter 5.

Not unless i make them be in my head. The best example would be the prolougue where i posted a joke about my accidental prediction for the Maesters death.

Well, I think that death was indeed predictable. Maester Eaton was a prologue character and prologue characters mustn't live ;)

So while reading this reply i was thinking of possible Samantha-ships and i suddenly had a very dark thought. Yes you could use this to give her happines........ Or you could use it in the most f****d up way possible. If you don't yet get what i mean just remember that there are many messed up women who would use her feelings to manipulate her......or worse.

Yes. Oh yes, I do get what you mean. That would be cruel, wouldn't it?

Nice job on the relationship questions. I do find it funny just how many people hate Mullendore.

Hehe, everyone hates Mullendore and he does not mind at all. Even his own men are not particularly fond of him, but that's what you get when you purposely surround yourself with brutal thugs.

So yeah. Thats it for now. I will give you questions later but i think you earned a break.

Oh, keep them coming. It might just take me a while to answer, now that I have actively started writing for the next chapter.

Lord_EAA posted: »

Oh also. I forgot to respond. Sorry. Ok its fine. I even i forget to add stuff to my replies..... Like all of this. I would honestly l

• Well i guess its karmic in a sense.

As for Samantha....... Yeah. That is actually the worst thing that can possibily happen to her. I'm pretty sure the entire experience would slowly drive her mad......

And i will don't worry i'm just giving you a break. You probably have other people to talk to through pm's or something and i don't wan't to bothersome while you're writting a Part.

I would honestly like to see how the heck you could give Mullendore a karmic death. Unless you have a red priestess ready to revive him only

• edited May 2016

As I promised, here is a little overview of important consequences your past choices could have had on the current chapter. Many of them are the usual suspects that have already been detailed at the end of earlier chapters, though a couple of choices from the last chapter (and one apparently minor choice from Chapter 3) have played a role in the current chapter as well

What would have happened...

...if Ellena wouldn't have warned Terroma that Butterfly's men are looking for him?

I don't blame you if you don't even remember this choice, but it has always been planned to potentially play a large role in this chapter. In Chapter 3, Ellena learned that Butterfly is looking for Jaron and Terroma, after loosing several of his men to them at the end of Chapter 2. She was given the choice to warn one, both or neither of them and decided to warn both. However, if she wouldn't have warned Terroma, then he would have gotten into a fight with Harrington and Jaylon. Such a fight would have ended with both, Harrington and Terroma wounded. While Samuel's wound wouldn't have had that much of a consequence, Terroma's wound would have actually had the potential to lead to his death in Chapter 6. In fact, if he would have received this wound, then your choice to help Harrington during the fight in the labyrinth would have caused his death. Naturally, Terroma's death would have meant a much darker ending for Raenna's storyline in Chapter 6 and it would have continued to affect her in Chapter 7. To honour his memory, she would have vowed to free Ellena, so the general idea behind her Chapter 7 storyline wouldn't have changed much, but as you can probably imagine, the absence of Terroma would have caused noticeable changes. More about this at the end of Chapter 7.

...if Lunett would have survived Chapter 4?

Another big one, that would have continued to cause consequences for Lucas' storyline in this chapter. Obviously, there would have been no confrontation between Lucas and Aylard. In fact, Lunett's survival would have been only possible at a cost, as Aylard would have died in Chapter 3. Lucas would have been slightly less broken in this chapter, though his experiences in Mullendore's dungeon would have still affected him and turned him into a darker character. Even worse would be that he would distance himself from Lunett, which would basically break her heart. Confronted with the utterly unexpected death of her father and the sudden coldness of Lucas, she would have broken up with him, which would have affected him, but not as badly as her death did.

... if Jenna would have died in Chapter 3?

This choice would have continued to affect Richard's storyline. In fact, if Jenna would have died in Chapter 3, potential choices in Richard's Chapter 6 storyline could have led to him killing Wolfius in the city guard prison. Such a move would have further ruined his life, as Commander Hackor would have seen this as murder. Richard wouldn't have been hanged for it, as his friends would have managed to free him in Chapter 7, but his storyline as a wanted man would have been dramatically different. Someone else, likely Arthur, would have been the PoV for the beast storyline. Also, a big difference would have been that I come to the point where I need a PoV in the castle, close to Harris. It is likely that Saerya would have been this PoV, if Jenna would have died, but no concrete plans have been made into this direction. Further changes would have been that Septon Corbin would have survived, since his involvement with Butterfly wouldn't have been uncovered until much later.

... if Leonard would have stayed in Raylansfair in Chapter 1?

This is the one choice that mostly stops being relevant by the next chapter, as Leonard is now back in Raylansfair in both cases. In this chapter, he would have met Lucas for the first time since Chapter 1 and the two wouldn't have gotten along. In fact, as a result of Lucas being a much darker character than before and Leonard being Leonard, they would have developed a fierce rivalry. By now, Leonard's wounds from Wolfius' attack in Chapter 3 would have been largely healed and his new position as the captain of the castle guard would have given him quite the authority. He would have also been a major ally of Jenna and depending on your choices, could have also been convinced to ally with Saerya, even though he would have argued against this. Together with Jenna and potentially Saerya, there would have been a chance for him to bring Harris down, possibly against Lucas' attempts to use Harris against Mullendore. This version of Leonard would have also been a bit of a dick, since his character development from Oldtown wouldn't have happened.

... if Arthur would have let Wolfius go at the end of Chapter 5?

I have already hinted at the fact that this would have been a catastrophe and in the alternative choices for Chapter 5, I already detailed a few consequences. First of all, Arthur would have been kicked out of the city guard for such an action, his father would have been pushed to the point where he'd outright tell Arthur that he does not consider him family anymore and Aditha would have been terribly disappointed as well, resulting in her refusing to talk to Arthur anymore. As soon as the first dead bodies would have showed up, Arthur would have been overwhelmed with guilt and a majority of his storyline in Chapter 6 would have revolved around him trying to atone by capturing Wolfius, with the help of Philip and Torold. Also, Urid Strad would have died when Wolfius and Kreep would have forced Mathea to treat his wounds.

... if Jaron would have spared Butterfly?

This choice would have actually changed less than you probably expect, even though there would have been one huge consequence that would have majorly changed Jaron's Chapter 7 storyline. A spared Butterfly would have revealed the truth about Mullendore in Chapter 5, which would have led to the Burned Man planning to assassinate Mullendore instead of saving him. He would have also went into hiding, to prevent Mullendore from locating him. Jaron, Harpy and the others would have infiltrated the masquerade, with the goal to kill Mullendore and to put the blame on the Alley Cats. This plan would have resulted in Mullendore getting grievously wounded, while Jarek, Martin, Ayden and Keira would have died. However, Jaron, Harpy and Taria would have survived, as would the Burned Man and potentially Himani.

... if Harren Hoare would have died?

The choice that would have broken with the canon in a massive way would have had similarly massive consequences. Instead of Harren, you would have had King Harmund and with him a new bunch of horrible problems for basically everyone. Torvin and Garthon would have been kingslayers and they would have been treated as such. Harmund would have imprisoned them and a very long torture session with Holt would have followed. In the end, depending on your Chapter 6 choices, Torvin could have even died. A lot of this chapter would have revolved around the efforts of Garthon to escape. He would have been aided by Kyra, Hjalgar and the Riverlords and ultimately, he would have managed to escape indeed, which would have led to an entirely different storyline for him from now on. King Harmund would have commanded Cleaver Clint to lead the raid on Raylansfair on his own. As you can probably imagine, there is a reason behind the Hoare's obsession with this particular city.

Chapter 7 will start either today or tomorrow! I have started writing a Marak PoV, although I am still undecided about perhaps adding a second PoV into it, which would most likely be Ellena or Raenna. I'm leaning a bit more in favour of Ellena, though I haven't started writing into this direction yet. Apparently, this here is coincidentally the 6000th comment, so yay :D

• It's no secret that I've been looking forward to a possible fight between Terroma & Marak.

Terroma VS Marak. Who do YOU think would win? http://strawpoll.me/10119265

If you want you can reply to my comment and explain why you chose what you chose.

• That one's a good question. Of course I have thought about such a scenario for a while now, so I know the answer. Depending on your choices, it's definitely a possibility that you're going to get this answer as well, in due time. And now I better remain silent, so that I don't spoil anything :P

AgentZ46 posted: »

It's no secret that I've been looking forward to a possible fight between Terroma & Marak. Terroma VS Marak. Who do YOU think would w

• Wow,I must admit that the story according to many choices could have been much more different than how now is (however until now I like more the "canon" story of the fic :D)

As I promised, here is a little overview of important consequences your past choices could have had on the current chapter. Many of them are

• Even worse would be that he would distance himself from Lunett, which would basically break her heart. Confronted with the utterly unexpected death of her father and the sudden coldness of Lucas, she would have broken up with him, which would have affected him, but not as badly as her death did.

Ophelia from Hamlet?

I have already hinted at the fact that this would have been a catastrophe and in the alternative choices for Chapter 5, I already detailed a few consequences. First of all, Arthur would have been kicked out of the city guard for such an action, his father would have been pushed to the point where he'd outright tell Arthur that he does not consider him family anymore and Aditha would have been terribly disappointed as well, resulting in her refusing to talk to Arthur anymore. As soon as the first dead bodies would have showed up, Arthur would have been overwhelmed with guilt and a majority of his storyline in Chapter 6 would have revolved around him trying to atone by capturing Wolfius, with the help of Philip and Torold. Also, Urid Strad would have died when Wolfius and Kreep would have forced Mathea to treat his wounds.

Aw, that sucks :(

This version of Leonard would have also been a bit of a dick, since his character development from Oldtown wouldn't have happened.

The one and only dick Leonard.

As I promised, here is a little overview of important consequences your past choices could have had on the current chapter. Many of them are

• https://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/comment/2371610/#Comment_2371610

Called it.

Anyway, do you got any plans for Jarow or Gabin? I was rereading some old stuff and I remembered them. I know Gabin just appeared in the last Garthon part, but Jarow must have been last year?

• Called it.

You did indeed. Actually, you have been the only one to call it.

Anyway, do you got any plans for Jarow or Gabin? I was rereading some old stuff and I remembered them. I know Gabin just appeared in the last Garthon part, but Jarow must have been last year?

Yes, I have plans for both. Jarow hasn't appeared in Chapter 6 at all, but he is planned to reappear in Chapter 7. Meanwhile, Gabin won't be in the story for the remainder of Book 1, together with a majority of the Harrenhal cast, but he is going to reappear in Book 2 in a more important role.

https://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/comment/2371610/#Comment_2371610 Called it. Anyway, do you got any plans for Jarow

• edited May 2016

Act III: Wildfire

Chapter I: Valar Morghulis

Marak

What are you thinking about, little brother?”, he asked with a smug grin. Oh, Marak hated this grin more than anything else. When it came to his brother, there weren't many things he did not hate. The way he called him 'little brother', even though Marak was a head taller than anyone else, even though Marak was the older brother by three years. The way he grew his beard out as soon as Marak started to gain more attention with his. Even his name was enough to cause anger to flare up inside of him. Agran... has there ever been a more stupid name? But the grin was the worst.

“None of your concern”, Marak slurred and the words were barely intelligible after the fourth bottle. It surprised him that he felt this way. His father hadn't been the most kind-hearted man in the world. In fact, Marak had never been fond of him. He was Ironborn. Marak was Ironborn and even Agran, with his pearly-white shark smile was Ironborn. It wasn't grief he felt. Grief was something for Greenlanders. And still, here he was, remembering his father in his own way, by drinking the last stash of moonshine the old man ever made. What really got to him was the thought of how he died. Marak's hand touched the wooden plank of the boat below him and a drunken smile formed on his face. He was the captain. The smile faded. Was it worth it?

“Oh, but it is my concern”, Agran said and his smile faded, as water splashed into his face. The boat was shaken by a particularly large wave and Marak grumbled something. The Storm God was particularly vicious tonight. Perhaps because his bastard of a father was with him now. “Because you're the captain now and you do nothing than drinking moonshine all day. We need to talk, little brother. About father and his death”

“Careful”, Marak managed to growl. He attempted to rise, but a particularly nasty wave sent him down onto his knees, knocking the bottle out of his hand. A whimpering sound forced its way out of his throat as he saw the alcohol spilling out of it. Agran's sneer got wider. “So I thought”, he said. “Can't say I'm sad for father, but still... this is fucking low, even for you”

“We really need to discuss this right now?”, Marak asked and slowly stood up, to reach for the next bottle, the last bottle. He felt no love for his father and little regret at throwing him overboard a week ago, but he still felt uncomfortable talking about it. Especially during a damn storm like this and with his fucking brother on top!

Agran knocked the bottle out of his hand and Marak narrowed his eyes. “Yeah, we have to”, his brother insisted and Marak rose to his full size. “Careful, Agran”, he growled, just as another wave send the boat shaking. Both staggered, with Agran even stumbling into him. Angered, Marak pushed him away, but to his surprise, Agran remained standing this time, the look on his face not less angry than his own.

“So, this is how you want to do it, huh?”, his brother growled. “First your father, then your own brother. Is that fucking boat worth it, Marak?” He clenched his fists, as both brothers simultaneously started to charge at each other. Marak was the taller one, the stronger one, the warrior. Agran was a sailor, lithe and damn fast. Also, he had a knife. When he jumped at him, Marak grabbed him, only to feel pain flashing through his shoulder, where his brother had cut him And then it was over.

Marak's memory of the next minutes was blurry at best. Both brothers fell over board, three sea miles away from Pyke. He never saw his boat again, the boat he murdered his father for. He did not remember what he felt and thought these minutes, only how he pushed Agran down underneath the waves again and again, as his brother threw weak, ineffective punches at him, until finally, Agran stayed down.

“What are you thinking about, Marak?”, Noelle asked softly, and Marak opened his eyes. He was staring into the fire, of course. It had been five years since Agran and his father died and in all these years, Marak had never even thought about them. Why should he? They were dead, he wasn't. They had it coming and that was everything that mattered. And this was the second time since he met Noelle that he had this thought.

He glared at her. “Why don't you read my mind to find out?”, he barked and paused. Could she do that? The look in her eyes told him that she almost certainly could, so Marak tried his best to think of something else.

Noelle sighed. “You know I can't do that, don't you?”, she asked again and Marak raised an eyebrow. She sounded almost... friendly. That was not good. Perhaps she wanted to take another sample of his blood or something like that! He noticed that she was sitting quite close to him and instinctively, he moved a few inches away.

“What do you want, Noelle?”, he asked. It sounded less friendly than he wanted it to sound, but at this point, he did not care. The past two days had been among the hardest in his life. Noelle was pushing North as if the Storm God was behind them. From the little he knew about the man following them, that may as well be true. He glanced at his axe, sharpened and ready.

“I want to serve”, Noelle answered, now staring into the fire herself. The reflection it left in her eyes was unsettling. “I want to do the right thing, no matter how hard it is” She looked at the other side of their makeshift camp. It was dark, but Marak saw the girl lying in the grass, wrapped in a blanket, but still shivering in the cold. What was her name... Ella? Wulvren was lying close to her, sleeping soundly. He was the oldest of their group by far and the journey had been the hardest on him.

“And burning a little girl is the right thing now?”, Marak asked. Noelle gave him a confused glance. “Since when are you starting to have thoughts like that?”, she asked and it was impossible to tell if she was mocking or praising him. On any other day, Marak would have settled for the praise, but now? Now his fucking brother was back in his mind, it was Noelle's fault and everything she said seemed to be aimed at mocking him.

“Since your rollmop found it funny to torment me with these damn fire visions”, he growled and Noelle looked genuinely baffled. “You have seen another one?”, she asked. This time, he shook his head. “Had to think about my family”, he answered. “The last time I thought about them was when you made me look in that fire. Before that, I haven't thought about them since I... since they died” He glared at her. “What have you done to me?”

To his surprise, Noelle looked genuinely baffled. “Done to you?”, she asked. “I have done nothing. Whatever you saw in the fire was something the lord wanted you to see. Something important. Do the deaths of your family trouble you?”

He shook his head. “Not one bit”, he answered truthfully. She sighed, but remained silent. It was an uncomfortable silence and for the first time since he met her, Marak wanted her to say something, even if it would be her usual enigmatic prophecy bullshit.

Finally she spoke, but it was not what Marak had been expecting. She sighed. “Am I doing the right thing, Marak?”, she asked and he looked at her, slightly unsure what to say. Was she starting to doubt? She had kidnapped a little girl, pissed off a very dangerous man in the process, all for the goal of burning another little girl alive and now she started to get doubts? Even without doubts, Noelle was scary. Now, she was terrifying. “You're asking me?”, he finally spat. “Out of all the people, you're asking me?”

“Well, whom else can I ask?”, Noelle answered flatly. “I know what Wulvren is going to say. You're not suggesting I'm talking to the girl, do you?” Marak shrugged. “You always have your rollmop to talk to”, he answered. “But me? I'm the guy that kills things and never objects. I don't talk when it can be avoided”

Noelle's smile grew smaller. “Understood”, she said slyly. “But perhaps I have something that changes your mind” She reached for her bag that was lying next to her and Marak glanced at his axe. He calmed down slightly when she pulled out a bottle.

“What's that?”, he asked and she opened the bottle. “I believe it is something alcoholic”, she said and took a small sip. It was enough to make her grimace. “Yes, yes it's definitely alcohol”, she coughed and handed him the bottle.

Marak narrowed his eyes. “What do you want me to do?”, he asked and she raised an eyebrow. “You really need me to spell it out for you, tough guy?”, she asked in return. “This is a gift. A peace offer, if you want to. I know, we haven't seen eye to eye in the past, but you've always been loyal. I would like to understand you a bit better. I would like for you to understand me a bit better. My dreams, my... goals. It actually doesn't matter if you understand” She sighed and in the light of the fire, she looked a dozen years older than before. “Perhaps I just need to explain myself to someone, even if that someone is going to be drunken out of his mind”

Marak doubted he could ever understand Noelle. She was insane. She was both, the smartest and the dumbest person he ever met. And it sounded as if she wanted to talk to him about serious stuff, perhaps even about her stupid plan to burn that girl! He shuddered. That said, he was pretty low on alcohol. With a bit of luck, he could get drunken enough to stop remembering his bastard of a brother, even if that would mean talking to Noelle.

[Accept the drink] [Refuse the drink]

Willfred

Finally, the princess got her strawberries. It took a while, but eventually a visibly disgruntled Elias Tyrell had returned, bringing refreshments for the Stormlanders and the young captain of the guard, including a small bowl with strawberries, which Argella took. Visible joy sparked up in her dark blue eyes.

“Thank you, Elias”, she said with a sweet smile and the knight frowned. “It's Ser Elias”, he corrected her and her smile got wider. “Of course it is”, she said, in the same tone someone would use when talking to a young child. “Now... during your adventure in the buttery, have you spotted a bottle of Arbor Gold?”

The knight frowned again at her belittling him and Willfred couldn't contain a smirk. Elias had previously been oozing arrogance and seeing him getting knocked down a peg was satisfying, at least to him. “Arbor Gold?”, he said tonelessly and she gave him a nod.

“You listened well. It's a wine, Elias”, she answered with a smile and he finally snapped. “It's Ser Elias!”, he barked and the Stormlander knight narrowed his eyes, only for Argella to slightly shake her head. “I am a knight, I insist on my title and I won't be belittled! Three times have I won the joust during the tourney of Highgarden! I unhorsed Landry Swann, Tythan Lannister and Rody Hunt!”

She raised an eyebrow. “I tremble in the presence of your terrifying skills of stick-fighting, Elias”, she answered and Willfred chuckled as the knight slowly turned purple. The princess gave him an impatient handwave. “And now, the Arbor Gold. I know it's a rare bottle, but I have trust in the threefold victor of the joust of Highgarden to find it” Her words were sweet poison and Willfred finally had to ask himself if the princess and Elias Tyrell had some sort of history. The desperate nod Lord Harlen gave his nephew only further hinted at it and Elias finally sighed in frustration.

“But don't open it!”, she ordered him sharply, as he was just about to leave. “It is a gift, for... a friend, I guess” While Ser Elias left, with a look of visible confusion on his face, Roger leant in. “I don't believe she has many friends”, he whispered into Willfred's ear, who had to chuckle. “I can't imagine why”, he answered, not less sarcastic. “Though it was satisfying seeing the Tyrell boy being ordered around”

“That it was”, Roger agreed, as he watched the young knight storming off. The princess leant back in her chair and glanced at the men from the Rock. Willfred gave her a light smirk as she lay eyes on him, though he had to gasp when she reciprocated the gesture.

“So... the delegation of the Rock”, she spoke. “What brings you here?” Willfred glanced at Tallian and Roger and noticed that none of them made any attempt at answering, so he stepped forwards and went down on one knee in front of her. “Princess Argella, may I say, you look radiant”, he complimented her.

She gave him a bright smile. “You may”, she grinned. “Though you may also answer my question” He gave her a nod. “Of course. I was sent here, together with General Tallian and my uncle, Ser Roger Hill, by King Loren Lannister himself. The late Lord Raylan gave his word that he will send men to help protect our southern borders from the Ironborn”

“There are Ironborn on your southern borders?”, Argella asked and her smile faded. It was replaced by a curious, if slightly worried streak. Before Willfred could answer, Tallian stepped up. “Aye, mylady”, he confirmed. “We don't know how many of them, but with a majority of our forces needed in the east and the north, we frankly admit that we lack the troops to protect the southern border appropriately. Lord Raylan though...”

“Robert Raylan's hatred for the Ironborn was as well-known as it was understandable”, Argella answered and her smile returned. “A lord of the Reach gave you his word. Unfortunately, he died before he could make good on his promise. And now, Raylansfair is not part of the Reach anymore” She showed at least a tiny bit of tact, when she lowered her voice during the last few words, enough to make it impossible for the gathered smallfolk and even Lord Tyrell to hear them.

“Our kingdoms have coexisted for ten thousand years and never before have the Storm Kings stood side by side with the Kings of the Rock”, she explained and Willfred exchanged a worried glance with Tallian. They had a deal with Harris, but that was before they even had to consider the presence of a Durrandon in this city.

She noticed the glance and smirked. “I believe this should change. How many men have you been promised?”, she finally said and her smirk got wider as Willfred let out a sigh of relief. “Five... Five hundred, my princess”, he answered and she raised an eyebrow. “Five hundred? You travelled an awfully long way for such a small amount”, she stated. “Let it be clear: Support my father's claim and I'll make it ten thousand for you”

For a moment, Willfred just stared at her, his mouth dropped open, while Tallian coughed in surprise. Her beautiful face seemed almost emotionless, though he noticed the hint of amusement at his own surprise. “I...”, Talian coughed. “I don't think we can argue with that, my princess”

“I don't think you can argue with me, general”, Argella retorted sweetly. “It's settled then?” She looked up and at Tyrell, who slowly approached as he noticed that she wanted to talk to him. “Harlen, dear, do me a favour and fetch me the pretenders”

“Pretender”, Tyrell corrected her immediately, before he noticed what he just said. “I.. I mean, contender. There is only one. Lord Hobert Lowther of Mander's Mouth” Argella gave him a nod. “Ah yes, yes, of course”, she said, before her smile faded. “I have literally never even heard of that man. Bring him to me. Tell him, the daughter of the new lord of Raylansfair wishes to speak to him”

Tyrell furrowed his brows. “Isn't it a bit early for that, my princess?”, he asked and she shook his head. “When it comes to a pretender, it can never be too early to show dominance”, she explained. “Besides, once my advisor and her friend have met up, we shall present you flawless evidence of my father's right to rule this city. I actually wonder where she is... Her name is Lady Sherryl, do you happen to know where she is?”

Just as Tyrell was about to answer, the door to the Great Hall got opened. Willfred glanced past the crowd and saw a man entering. He looked to be in Roger's age, perhaps in his mid-thirties, with short, black hair and an equally short full beard. While he wore armour and was armed, though his longsword was still resting in its sheath. “Lord Tyrell!”, he yelled loudly. “Lord Harlen Tyrell, your help is needed!”

He approached through the crowd, advancing as fast as they managed to make way for him and as he came closer, Willfred noticed a worried look on his face. He also noticed that the Stormlander knight, Dresfel, slowly narrowed his eyes. “Derek?”, he mumbled in disbelief.

Tyrell turned away from the princess, who was looking at the man with interest. “Speak up, Ser”, the lord urged him and the man stopped in front of them, gasping for air. “Quick, you have to help! They are killing each other out there!”

“Killing?”, Tyrell exclaimed. “Explain yourself!” The man paused, while regaining his breath. Slowly, the words left his mouth. “A... a fight, mylord! The knight, Ser Lucas. But Lord Harris has been attacked as well!” As he said this, a distant, but familiar sound reached Willfred's ears. Out in the courtyard, he heard the sound of clashing steel.

Tyrell heard it as well and so did Argella. While the lord hesitated, surprise and perhaps even fear on his face, the Storm Princess rose from her chair. “Ser Harris is fighting someone?”, she asked and the man gave her a nod, as if he just now noticed her presence. His eyes widened, just for a moment and genuine shock appeared on his face as he looked at Ser Emphryus to her right. Then, he regained his composure. “I fear for his life”, he confirmed.

Dresfel still glared at him. “What is your name”, he suddenly asked and the man's shiver was barely noticeable. “Shortwood”, he introduced himself “Ser Ian Shortwood” He took a bow in front of Argella and Ser Emphryus. The Stormlander knight gave him a reluctant nod. “Very well, Shortwood”, he growled.

Argella raised an eyebrow at the strange interaction between the two knights, but she approached Shortwood without hesitating. “Lead the way, Ser Ian”, she ordered him. “I won't tolerate fighting on my courtyard, especially not if the castellan of Raylansfair is involved in it”

“Your courtyard?”, Shortwood asked in surprise, but Dresfel put a hand onto his shoulder. “Just lead the way”, he growled. Before the princess was able to follow, Tallian raised a hand, which gained her attention. “Princess Argella, do you intend to go out there?”, he asked and she immediately gave him a nod. He sighed. “I'm sorry, but I have to object. It might be dangerous out there”

She decidedly shook her head. “General, there is nothing out there that could be dangerous to me”, she insisted. “Your concern is touching, but I am not a little girl that needs your protection. You may accompany me though”

Tallian gave her a nod and glanced at Roger, who shook his head. “I'll stay here, waiting for the arrival of Lord Hobert. Someone has to prepare him... you know”, Willfred's uncle answered and looked at Tyrell, who sighed in relief. “My princess, will you deal with this turmoil?”, the lord asked and Argella gave him a nod. “I have everything under control, Harlen, as always”, she chuckled. “Go and bring me the pretender”

She glanced at Willfred, who was still undecided. On the one hand, he was curious about this fight. Perhaps he could even end up useful out there. On the other hand, Roger was right. Someone had to prepare Hobert for what would undoubtedly follow and Willfred might be able to help his uncle. He felt no sympathy for the Lord of Mander's Mouth, but not even Hobert deserved to face Argella Durrandon unprepared.

[Go outside] [Stay in the Great Hall]

Here it is, the first part of Chapter 7. I know, it starts a bit slow, but this part laid the foundation for the very exciting next part. I hope you all enjoyed :)

• [Refuse the drink] I don't think it's wise that the only fighter of the group would get pissed drunk. But I loved this part, especially the flashback in the beginning! Damn Noelle trying to get sympathy, not working on me witch! :D

[Stay in the Great Hall] I don't really know which one is better option for Willfred, but I'm interested in the conversation between him and Hobert. Also, Rody Hunt mentioned! :D

Act III: Wildfire Chapter I: Valar Morghulis Marak What are you thinking about, little brother?”, he asked with a smug grin. Oh, Ma

• [Refuse the drink]

[Go outside]

Act III: Wildfire Chapter I: Valar Morghulis Marak What are you thinking about, little brother?”, he asked with a smug grin. Oh, Ma

• [Accept the drink]

[Stay in the Great Hall]

Whose part is next?

• Here it is, the first part of Chapter 7. I know, it starts a bit slow, but this part laid the foundation for the very exciting next part. I hope you all enjoyed :)

Don't worry Liquid! I really like how you decide to start this act! (expecially the first part)

[Accept the drink] Alcohol for free? Count Marak in! (plus the other seems a really boring choice)

[Stay in the Great Hall] I'm of the opinion that one of the next parts Lucas PoV will start from where we left him so I prefer stay in the Great Hall for two good reasons :

• develop the uncle-nephew relationship between Willfred and Roger
    • this is obviously a good moment to try to discover what Hobert is planning

• It's going to be a Lucas part, showing the aftermath of his Chapter 6 storyline and detailing the events that have been hinted at in Willfred's part.

Arrodor posted: »

[Accept the drink] [Stay in the Great Hall] Whose part is next?

• [Accept the drink] Don't think it's anything in drink, but I would like to see him fight drunk.

[Go outside] I assume we would learn what happened from a different PoV anyway, but it would be interesting to see what he can do.

• [Accept the drink]

[Go outside] I want to see Argella roast Lucas.

• [Refuse the drink]

[Stay in the Great Hall]

• (Refuse the drink)

(Go outside)

• [Accept the drink]

[Go outside]

• [Accept the drink]
    [Stay in the Great Hall]

• [Accept the drink] I'm just going to take it that it's a generous offer and and that nothing was put in the drink. :P

[Go outside] Maybe Willfred and Argella can strike up a good conversation on their way.

• edited May 2016

[Refuse the drink] I will not accept any offer of bonding from Noelle!

[Go outside] Wilfred's a warrior not a diplomat. He's better in a fight than talking with arrogant noblemen.

• I'm so worried about Ellena. :(

• [Accept the drink]

[Go outside]

• [Accept the drink]

[Go outside]

• [Refuse the drink] [Go outside]

• [Refuse the drink] Don't give her satisfaction.

[Stay in the Great Hall] I wanna see what Argella is gonna say to Hobert.

• I thought Argella was going outside?

[Refuse the drink] Don't give her satisfaction. [Stay in the Great Hall] I wanna see what Argella is gonna say to Hobert.

• [Accept the drink]

[Go outside]

• The Voting is closed!

Marak is going to accept the drink

Willfred is going to follow Argella outside

This would have basically been my choices as well. In this chapter, I'm trying to greatly develop the characters of Noelle and Marak, so I am pleased about the first option, as it gives me an opportunity to develop their relationship and also to shed a light on Noelle's personality beyond being mysterious and creepy. The second choice mostly means that Willfred is going to appear in the next Lucas part. As an accomplished fighter, it is highly likely that his presence will do something good.

We'll see about that pretty soon, in the next part to be precise, which is hopefully going to be out today, or early tomorrow at latest. This next part is a Lucas PoV and it is set immediately after the end of his Chapter 6 storyline. The last time we saw Lucas, he arrived at the castle, together with Leonard and Ian, where they met with Harris and Darren. After a bit of talking, Lucas decided to reveal Harris' crimes to Darren, who in turn stormed off, greatly angered by the decision to spare Harris for now instead of bringing him to justice immediately. Lucas, Leonard and Harris talked about what happened and their next steps, when they were interrupted by someone on the courtyard demanding to speak to Lucas. This someone was none other than Aylard Kawl, Lunett's father. Armed with grief and a warhammer, it was clear that his intentions were not peaceful. Indeed, he managed to knock down Harris and he also used Leonard's leg wound to prevent him from intervening, before he demanded to hear what Lucas has to say about Lunett's death. Since he himself was still struggling with his anger, Lucas ended up fighting against Aylard. Despite his wounds, he is still a trained knight and he managed to take the innkeeper down with relatively little effort. Still taunting him, Aylard's behaviour became increasingly suicidal, up until he had pushed Lucas almost to his breaking point. The part ended with Lucas raising his sword and you having the choice to kill Aylard, or to spare his life. Ultimately, you chose to spare Aylard.

• So, I bought my first drawing tablet today and played around with it :D Here is a fan art of my dear bastard :)

enter image description here

Sign in to comment in this discussion.