Forum of Thrones: An Interactive Story

Comments

• Oh.....ok. Just remember to check later...... someone might have asked something very important........

Several actually. I start to curse the fact that a day has only 24 hours, because I have started a seriously embarrassing backlog when it comes to answer messages. There's only so much I can write each day without having it affect all the other things I'm up to on a daily basis. That means I am way slower at answering messages then I am at receiving them, which makes me feel bad, because I hate letting you and the others wait.

Nope, and for this reason. I commented once saying this and he liked my comment in agreement.

Well, several people have submitted characters since then, so I think there's nothing in the way of you submitting one as well. I'm sure you'd be a very welcome addition to the Monument readership!

Thank you. That was very kind of you to say.

It's the truth, you know. You have a unique and enjoyable style in Multiverse, stylistically different from Hope's or mine, so comparing them is not something that should be done, because they are all great in their own way. On top of that, you have developed your own style tremendously over the past year of writing.

AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! Who the hell is that userpic? Wtf did you do with Liquid foul demoness?!!!!

Muahahahahaha! You fool, there is no Liquid anymore!

enter image description here

Seriously though, I decided it was time for a new avatar. Lyanna Mormont was awesome, but there was one unfortunate problem. Save for a one-second cameo in Episode 9, all of her scenes were placed in dimly lit halls. Thanks to the general darkness, I came to the conclusion that her scenes simply don't make good avatar material. I wanted something striking, preferrably in bright yellow and red, since these are relatively rare colours here in the forum as far as I have seen. That's what I appreciated so much about my old Oberyn avatar, who surely was visually distinctive.

After a bit of thinking, I came to this conclusion and so far, I'm very happy with it. The character is from my 2nd favourite webcomic ever, which I have been following for over a year now and which is genuinely awesome. Her name is Ava and even if she currently does not look the part, she's technically the main heroine and one of the good guys... most of the time. If you (or anyone else here) like webcomics, you should totally check this one out. It's fun to read and the artwork is consistently the most stunning I have ever seen in a webcomic, by far. Here, take this link: http://www.avasdemon.com/

Lord_EAA posted: »

Oh.....ok. Just remember to check later...... someone might have asked something very important........ Nope, and for this reason. I comm

• Yes indeed, San Antonio (or more specifically, the gated community of Harvest Hills) is the first major location of the story, even though current parts are set in Laredo at the mexican border, as well as in Colorado. And I'm glad I was able to warn you, there's a zombie apocalypse going to hit San Antonio soon, so better prepare.

Bounden posted: »

Wow, it starts off in my home town of San Antonio. I guess that explains why there's been a sudden influx of zombies at the Target down the street.

• (Several actually. I start to curse the fact that a day has only 24 hours, because I have started a seriously embarrassing backlog when it comes to answer messages. There's only so much I can write each day without having it affect all the other things I'm up to on a daily basis. That means I am way slower at answering messages then I am at receiving them, which makes me feel bad, because I hate letting you and the others wait.)

Well to be honest, and this might just be me speaking, i think your comments are worth the wait. You always have so many interesting things to say and you're so passionate and supportive of other stories that i honestly sometimes just look for excuses to hear your opinion. In fact more than once i made those questions you like on the spot.

(Well, several people have submitted characters since then, so I think there's nothing in the way of you submitting one as well. I'm sure you'd be a very welcome addition to the Monument readership!)

Oh the temptation! But hasn't it been going for so long that its ending by now?

(It's the truth, you know. You have a unique and enjoyable style in Multiverse, stylistically different from Hope's or mine, so comparing them is not something that should be done, because they are all great in their own way. On top of that, you have developed your own style tremendously over the past year of writing.)

Thank you for saying this, its very positive of you to say. At my worse, most doubtful moments i question whether Multiverse can even compare in terms of quality to the other long running stories (ironic that it is one on its first ep) Monument and Forum (and mr.qualitiy's which name i cannot remember). At one really bad moment i thought that people just read it to support me as friends and not because it was any good. I have been glad to prove that wrong over time.

But, i ask trembling and fearfully, i have to know........what is my style? I have gotten a vague idea from you guys's comments but i still can't put my finger on it. Do you mean making every character a Pov? Writing them in the first person with a past/present tense that will probably never be explained?

Also WEBCOMIC!!!!! YESSS!!!. I will most definitely check it out......eventually. I have to finish some homework, make a character for agent story and maybe ask you for advice on how to deal with a character in Multiverse.

Take your time answering these, there is no rush.

Oh.....ok. Just remember to check later...... someone might have asked something very important........ Several actually. I start to

• Well to be honest, and this might just be me speaking, i think your comments are worth the wait. You always have so many interesting things to say and you're so passionate and supportive of other stories that i honestly sometimes just look for excuses to hear your opinion. In fact more than once i made those questions you like on the spot.

This is relieving to hear, but still, occasionally I need far too long to answer to messages, especially when there are other things I have to write. I usually try to work down messages in the order in which I receive them, but in general, longer messages require more time to answer, which is a shame since these are usually the ones I like answering the most.

Oh the temptation! But hasn't it been going for so long that its ending by now?

While this is a question you'd better ask Hope himself, I think I can at least safely say that the story is far from over. Five acts are planned, Hope is halfway through with the third, which means that the finished story will at least be twice as long as it currently is. On top of that, as Hope's writing evolved, the parts started to become longer, so it is entirely possible that the part of the story that remains will be even longer than the part of the story that already got written.

But, i ask trembling and fearfully, i have to know........what is my style? I have gotten a vague idea from you guys's comments but i still can't put my finger on it. Do you mean making every character a Pov? Writing them in the first person with a past/present tense that will probably never be explained?

This is something I have a hard time of answering as well. Your writing has a unique style to it, but it's hard for me as well to place my finger on it and point out everything that makes it unique. It's more like a sum of countless smaller details, some of which can be found in other stories as well. In general, you make it seem natural, with a very light-hearted way of writing even when you handle dark themes. It's very easy to get immersed in your world and every addition you make expands it in a believable way. And there's the thing that you naturally make every character a PoV when required, although this is not necessarily unique, but something I have seen with other stories as well.

Also WEBCOMIC!!!!! YESSS!!!. I will most definitely check it out......eventually. I have to finish some homework, make a character for agent story and maybe ask you for advice on how to deal with a character in Multiverse.

Trust me, it's a great webcomic and thanks to the way it is structured (as well as the beautiful art), it is very easy to read and get drawn into it. If you like webcomics, you're going to love this one. As for the character advice, sure thing, go ahead and send me a message and it will be my pleasure to help, although I don't know when I will be able to answer, since there is something that I will have to take care of in the evening.

(Several actually. I start to curse the fact that a day has only 24 hours, because I have started a seriously embarrassing backlog when it c

• (This is relieving to hear, but still, occasionally I need far too long to answer to messages, especially when there are other things I have to write. I usually try to work down messages in the order in which I receive them, but in general, longer messages require more time to answer, which is a shame since these are usually the ones I like answering the most.)

Again your replies are worth it. And don't worry you don't need to make long comments, just write what you feel like.

(While this is a question you'd better ask Hope himself, I think I can at least safely say that the story is far from over. Five acts are planned, Hope is halfway through with the third, which means that the finished story will at least be twice as long as it currently is. On top of that, as Hope's writing evolved, the parts started to become longer, so it is entirely possible that the part of the story that remains will be even longer than the part of the story that already got written.)

So in a sense its starting and its going to be insanely long. Reminds me of another story ;). Ill ask no hope about it then and well see where it goes.

(This is something I have a hard time of answering as well. Your writing has a unique style to it, but it's hard for me as well to place my finger on it and point out everything that makes it unique. It's more like a sum of countless smaller details, some of which can be found in other stories as well. In general, you make it seem natural, with a very light-hearted way of writing even when you handle dark themes. It's very easy to get immersed in your world and every addition you make expands it in a believable way. And there's the thing that you naturally make every character a PoV when required, although this is not necessarily unique, but something I have seen with other stories as well.)

Lighthearted but with dark themes has always been what i aimed for, at least for now. But this brings me a question i feel sort of bad for putting here since fewer will notice it. How would you define your OWN style of writing?

And i will definitely check it out whenever i have time.

Well to be honest, and this might just be me speaking, i think your comments are worth the wait. You always have so many interesting things

• Hello! I'm gonna jump here before the next part comes out, presenting you another batch of character illustrations! This time all the characters are ones that have been drawn before by foxbrg, but they have all gone through so much in the story that they deserve an update =) And indeed I'd say the uniting theme here is that all these characters have gone through very shitty times recently - which can be seen both physically and mentally.

Oh, and I also have something extra this time, scroll down and you'll see :p

And here is the extra:

The one and only Storm Princess, Argella Durrandon :)

• OH MAH GERD! These are great! I've actually been meaning to requesst an updated version of Lucas so I'm happy :)

Hello! I'm gonna jump here before the next part comes out, presenting you another batch of character illustrations! This time all the charac

• Hehe, he looks pretty badass with the eyepatch :p

AgentZ46 posted: »

OH MAH GERD! These are great! I've actually been meaning to requesst an updated version of Lucas so I'm happy

• I'll make sure to put some raw meat in my lawn to distract the walkers.

Yes indeed, San Antonio (or more specifically, the gated community of Harvest Hills) is the first major location of the story, even though c

• Wow, those looks pretty cool, especially Argella's face expression :-o

Hello! I'm gonna jump here before the next part comes out, presenting you another batch of character illustrations! This time all the charac

• I made updated Lucas too in the past, but obviously not handdrawed as Wildling did :-) If you did not see it, sadly I don't know on which page it is already...

OH MAH GERD! These are great! I've actually been meaning to requesst an updated version of Lucas so I'm happy

• Either I didn't see it or I forgot.

Mathea posted: »

I made updated Lucas too in the past, but obviously not handdrawed as Wildling did :-) If you did not see it, sadly I don't know on which page it is already...

• edited September 2016

Wow, these are just incredible! I was greatly looking forward for them and it's safe to say that they exceeded my already high expectations. They are spot on, every single one of them! All of these characters have been through a lot and it shows. The changes to foxbrg's old drawings is amazing, while the similarities between them in terms of looks are still visible. So yeah, I'm loving this! My favourite is probably Torvin, I love his posture, his facial expression, just everything about him. That said, the others are perfect in their own right as well and a very close second to Torvin here is Lucas, whose physical and mental changes you've both caught equally well in his drawing. Seeing him in a Durrandon tabard is a bit unsettling, as I must admit. In general, since not all of these characters had strong physical changes, you did a great job portraying the mental and emotional hardships they went through. The exhaustion on Leonard's face and especially this dead stare from Torvin are the best examples for this. This is wonderful and as always, thank you very much for drawing them!

And well, the portrait of Argella stands out of competition here. It is without a doubt the most detailed drawing you ever made for FoT, as well as my favourite. When you told me you were planning a portrait of a character you have drawn a while ago, Argella was actually one of my stronger guesses, considering the development she recently got. It is a bit eery how you always manage to draw these characters so spot on, but you just did it again XD This is exactly how I imagined Argella to look and I love that facial expression. So yeah, this one's my favourite and I can't thank you enough for it :)

• After switching PC's, I haven't saved it anymore either (although the data is still save on my old PC, which only needs a new graphics card), but I still knew that you have made updated versions of Lucas, Jenna and Garthon around Page 100, shortly after the knights returned to Ralansfair. So I went to look for it and there you go:

Lucas:

http://i.imgur.com/ugdhcAg.jpg

Garthon:

http://i.imgur.com/NIvmtwa.jpg

Jenna:

http://i.imgur.com/WJrq00u.jpg

There are certainly similarities between your version and Wildling's updated drawings, which is great! You both really showed Lucas' struggles very well, from the nearly broken man he was at the time of your version, to the more resilient and hardened version of Wildling, set slightly later in the storyline.

Mathea posted: »

I made updated Lucas too in the past, but obviously not handdrawed as Wildling did :-) If you did not see it, sadly I don't know on which page it is already...

• John

With narrowed eyes, John looked at the man in front of him, whom he had just caught red-handed, trying to break into another room. That it had been the room directly next to Behara's only added to his anger and he was not willing to let him get away with it. Though not exactly lean, his opponent still had a way more lanky frame and wasn't looking dangerous at all, even if his anger was obviously real. “You bastard!”, the man screamed. “I'll show you what it means to...”

John did not listen. Instead, his closed fist hit the man without warning, knocking him back and almost causing him to stumble to the ground. “You talk to much”, he said. “For a thief” Now, the man let out an angry growl. “Are you the thickest person in the entire city?”, he barked. “I'm not a thief, you moron! I'm...”

He was cut off by John attacking once again. This time however, his strike was parried, not by the man himself, but by another man who had made his way through the crowd. He was tall, even slightly taller than John, with very short, blonde hair and a sturdy build. Slightly behind him, John saw the familiar shapes of Daghan and Janae slowly pushing through the bystanders.

“You're not going to harm one of my men”, John's new opponent growled, before he attacked. His fist came fast and strong, though John quickly parried. Pain flashed through his forearm, as the fist slammed against it. Before John gained the chance to counterattack, his opponent attacked again with his other fist, forcing John to parry again, using his other forearm this time, but also stepping back, to take away a bit of his opponent's strength.

In doing so, John gained a chance to attack, which he immediately used. His left arm darted forwards and the second his opponent instinctively parried, his right hand hit him right in the stomach. The man's eyes widened, as he let out a gasp, though he remained standing. Instead of flinching back as planned, he instead grabbed John's shoulders and heavily slammed his forehead right into him, hitting him at the jaw.

This time, it was up to John to stumble backwards and finally, Janae and Daghan had arrived. Neither of them looked happy in the slightest. Especially Janae looked pissed, as she charged at the blonde man, her fists clenched. Before she reached him, the other man, the one John had caught trying to break into the room, tackled her from the site, catching her by surprise and forcing her to the ground.

Now, the blonde man attacked, though John was prepared this time. He caught his fist, but as he tried to attack instead, the man grabbed his forearm, before moving his knee upwards, hitting John in the stomach and pressing the air out of his lungs. As John gasped for air, he had to let go of the man's fist, which he immediately regretted, as he got punched in the face.

And then Daghan had reached them. Violently, he yanked the blonde man back at the neck, while simultaneously kicking Janae in the ribs. She had just managed to gain the upper hand in her struggle with the other man, although the kick was enough to sent her to the ground, where Daghan picked her up as if she would weigh nothing. Holding both, the blonde man and Janae, at an arm's length, he gave them a terrifying glare.

“This is quite enough”, he barked. “Are you children, that you have to fight each other over nothing?” John took a step forwards, glaring at the man on the ground. “I saw him breaking into one of the rooms”

Trying to break in”, the man on the ground corrected him. “And if you'd just listen to me for a second, you'd have known how important this would have been!” Daghan silenced him with a glare. “So you just decide that a fight would solve your problem?”, he growled, just as the fat innkeeper had made her way through the crowd, wielding a wooden spoon in her hand like a mace.

“Could any of you do me the favour and tell me what the fuck is going on here?”, she hissed and John gulped as he noticed her anger. Usually, he wasn't afraid of any woman, but this one was different. Though a good head shorter, she weighed roughly twice as much as he did and the spoon in her hand gave her something strangely dangerous.

John opened his mouth to answer just as Daghan did, though neither managed to say something as the door got pushed up. “John!”, a familiar voice called out and he looked up. Daghan instinctively let go of Janae and the blonde man, but instead of attacking again, the woman quickly looked towards the door.

The blonde man used this chance to help the other one up. He looked towards the corner an suppressed a curse. “Golton and Shortwood”, he barked. “Come on, Bernile, maybe we'll catch up to them” And with that, they pushed through the crowd and neither John nor Janae had the will to stop them. After all, their gazes were fixed onto the people who just entered the tavern.

The first to enter, the one who had called out, was Samantha and she was in a terrible shape. There was a cut on her cheek and fresh bruises that covered her face and the portion of her arms he was able to see. Her eyes were widely opened and showed pure fear, an uncharacteristic expression for her. Behind her, John saw a man with dark hair and a full beard. More importantly was the sigil on his breastplate, which he was showing openly by now. John tensed up as he recognised the dragon of Targaryen.

In his arms, he carried Sasha, who had a makeshift, blood-stained bandage wrapped around her neck. Naturally dark-skinned, the woman was as pale as death right now and shivering in a half-conscious state. Samantha rushed towards him and despite her own wounds, she barely got slowed down by the crowd that did not manage to make way for her quick enough. “Help her!”, she gasped.

John's eyes widened as he saw just how close Sasha was to dying. “Janae!”, he barked and his maiden fair gave him a nod. For someone with such a natural talent for causing wounds, Janae had quite an impressive knowledge of treating them. Still, she made eye contact with Behara from across the room and the young woman rushed towards them.

“We need supplies”, John barked, glancing at the innkeeper. The red-haired woman clenched her teeth, but after a look at the barely conscious Sasha, she gave him a nod. “Bring her upstairs”, she ordered. “I'll get whatever supplies I have”

Without hesitating, Janae and the dark-haired man walked upstairs, though not before Daghan exchanged a look with the latter. The bald man seemed genuinely surprised. “Ser!”, he said and the dark-haired man gave him a nod. “Daghan”, he stated firmly, before he glanced at Sasha with worry. “We'll catch up later”

Finally, John saw the other people entering the room. Two of them were knights, both showing the sigil of House Targaryen. One of them had silver curls, the other had a hair that went more into a shade of golden. But what John mostly looked at were the men they were carrying. Jaro and I'lian, obviously in a terrible condition.

The golden-haired man walked up to them and stopped next to Daghan, if only for a second. “Oxus”, he said. “Fancy meeting you here” Daghan narrowed his eyes. “Gordar Celtigar. So he brought you along with him. Is he not aware that the Durrandon girl is in the city?”

The man, Gordar, narrowed his eyes at the mention of the princess. “Ser Orys knew why he chose me. My feelings for House Durrandon won't stand in the way of our mission”, he stated firmly, though in a slightly aggravated tone, before he marched after his silver-haired companion.

Finally, John got a hold of someone. She was pale and he noticed her white hair, covered with blood. Her face, though covered in fresh bruises and old scars, was somehow pretty, though the look in her reddened eyes was fearful and anything but attractive. In her arms, she gently held a woman John recognized as Lenrianda.

“What exactly is going on here?”, he growled and the woman looked at him, glancing at his face and especially at his eyepatch. “Gutten?”, she asked. “John Gutten?” As John gave her a nod, she turned towards the nearest person, who just happened to be Temari. “Bring her upstairs, to the rest”, she ordered and Temari visibly suppressed the urge to salute at her stern voice. “Yes, but...”, he started, though she cut him off. “Just do it!”, she barked. “And... if anything happens to her...”

She left the sentence unfinished and instead focussed at John, heavily biting down on her lower lip for a moment. “You know my name, but I don't know yours”, he said and she gave him a nod. “The name's Nym”, she introduced herself. “Nymeria Aspys. I believe your men were looking for me”

“That is correct”, John confirmed. “Could you inform me what happened to them? Nymeria gulped. “Rodrik Stone”, she snarled. “The Kinslayer” John's eyes widened as he recognized the name. “Stone! He's still alive?”, he asked and Nymeria gave him a nod. “That Orys guy knocked him out cold. Roughed him up badly, I doubt he's going to be awake anytime soon”, she confirmed and her expression darkened. “Which might be for the better, considering what I'm going to do to him the second he wakes up”

She sighed. “He attacked us. Me and Len, we'd be dead without your men”, she stated and a thin, thankful smile flashed across her face. “And your men would be dead without Orys and his knights” John glanced at Daghan. “Orys?”, he asked.

“Orys Baratheon”, Daghan confirmed. “The men at his side are Gordar Celtigar and Rahaerys Velaryon. King Aegon sent his best” He smirked. “Seems like you're going to get your chance to join us after all”

Quickly, Nymeria shook her head. “That can wait... whatever it is”, she stated and urgently looked at John. “First, you got to listen to me” She sighed and glanced towards the door. “We got Stone with us, tied to the saddle of Orys' horse”, she informed him and John saw how she tensed up. “I know what he's planning. You, me, we gotta bring him to some authority now. The lord, if there is one, or maybe the guards” She narrowed her red eyes. “We gotta do this before his allies drown this city in a sea of blood”

No Choices for this part

Sadie

“Wait!”, Sadie hissed and the old woman narrowed her eyes. “I'm... I'm not a thief. My name is Sadie Wade and I'm here for my sister” Now, Senyse raised her upper lip, which gave the impression as if she was smiling. “Your sister”, she repeated and Sadie gave her a nod. “Her name is Melanie and she's been held here, against her will”, she explained.

As soon as she had said this, Senyse's twisted half-smile was gone. “She's one of his girls? I told the boy that they would be trouble sooner or later”, she growled. “But did he listen to me? No, he only listened to the coin his little whores brought him” She shook her head. “And now I got a fucking thief in my room”, she barked, before she looked over her shoulder. “GYLES!”

Sadie stumbled backwards, suppressing the urge to flee. She had revealed her identity. There wouldn't be another chance for her now that Gyles was about to learn about her mission. Just seconds later, the door got opened. The man that stumbled in wasn't Gyles, but merely one of his guards, a middle-aged man with a strongly receding hairline. Sadie recognized the sigil on it, a golden lion, crossed out with black. He was one of Leo's men.

“M'lady!”, he gasped, as he spotted Sadie. His hand hovered above his sword, uncertain if he should just draw it. Senyse narrowed her eyes. “You're not my son”, she barked at him and he instinctively took a step back. “I want to speak to my no-good disappointment of a son!”

“I... I heard you scream and...”, the man stuttered and he walked backwards, as Sanyse took a shaky step towards him. “And I screamed for Gyles! You're not Gyles, so get your ass towards him and bring him here!”, she yelled at him, before she looked over her shoulder at Sadie, impaling her with a glare. “And bring me your master, that Lannister bastard”

The man quickly saluted and turned around, only to leave the room as quickly as he had entered it. “Gyles!”, he yelled as he rushed down the hallway. “Ser, it's about your mother!” Senyse smiled as she heard these words. “That's right, I'm his mother”, she mumbled. “He's a failure, but at least he's better than his father, who got himself killed while mining for gold”

Sadie tensed up as she heard footsteps down the hallway. “What are you going to do about him?”, she asked and Senyse gave her a confused look. “What do you mean?”, she asked. “You're the one having a problem with him” A crooked smile formed on her face. “But don't you worry, Gyles is not going to kill you. He's too much of a coward for that. Besides, he never wastes a pretty face”

Just in that moment, two men steppe through the open door. Gyles Gomblinger went first, his fists clenched and his jaw trembling, while Leonard Hill behind him was calm, though he narrowed his eyes as he spotted Sadie. Over his shoulder, he was casually holding a large battleaxe. And behind him... Sadie gasped as she spotted Dan and Baelor, their hands tied and each of them being held by two of Leo's men.

“Kelly!”, Gyles snapped at her. “What the hell are you doing here in my mother's room? I demand an explanation, or else I'm going to feed you to my dogs!” He cringed as Leo put his free hand onto his shoulder. “Easy, Ser”, he said. “I believe I have an idea what's going on” He took a step forwards. “Your not just here to steal, aren't you?”, he asked and Sadie knew it was a rhetorical question. “And your name is not Kelly”

His second statement surprised her and she looked past him at Dan, who shook his head. Leo sighed. “I grew suspicious of you when you did not return. After I've been informed that Senyse wishes to speak to me, I knew something was very wrong”, he explained. “So I took Baelor and Dan with me and I see I wasn't wrong with this decision” A smile formed on his face as he put the battleaxe in both hands.

Sadie gulped and took a step back, stumbling against the wall behind her. Leo's smile got slightly wider, though overall his demeanour was unsettlingly calm. “Relax, girl”, he ordered. “If I wanted you dead, I would have started with your friends here. I don't want your life, I want answers” He pointed the axe right at her. “Who are you, really?”

“My name is Sadie”, she answered with a sigh. Dan gulped. “Don't!”, he warned her, though Leo quickly spun around and slapped him across the face without holding back. “I am talking to Sadie”, he growled, before he focussed back on her. “Continue”

With widely opened eyes, Sadie saw Dan groaning in pain, before she gave Leo a nod. “Sadie Wade”, she fully introduced herself. When neither Gyles nor Leo showed any sign of recognizing the name, she clenched her fists. “The sister of Melanie Wade”

Gyles still looked confused, though Leo's eyes widened. “Melanie!”, he said. “Yes, that's where I've seen you before! There's certainly a similarity” Slowly, he lowered his axe and Sadie calmed down now that she wasn't directly threatened anymore. “But that does not explain why you break into the building”

“She... she was abducted, from our home in the Stormlands”, Sadie stated and Leo raised an eyebrow. “The men who abducted her, they sold her, to Gyles Gomblinger” Immediately, the sellsword shifted his attention to the man next to him, who gulped audibly. “She speaks the truth”, Dan said from behind and Leo momentarily glared at him, before looking back at Gyles. “Is she?”, he asked.

A nervous smile formed on Gyles' face. “Does it matter?”, he asked and Leo took a step forwards. “It matters to me”, he growled. “Is she telling the truth?” Gyles gulped again. “I... well, that's a bit...”, he stuttered. “Technically...”

Leo's fist hit him in the centre of the face, causing him to fall to the ground almost instantly. Before reaching it, the sellsword grabbed him by the collar of his shirt, lifting him up into the air. Though Sadie saw how angry he was, she also realized that he was holding back. “That explains a lot”, he snarled. “Why the girls are afraid to speak to me and the men for example, or where you got all of them from. Or that stuff you give them... you keep them calm, don't you?” With Gyles shifting in his grip, he glanced at Sadie. “Apologies. I had no idea of this”, he said sincerely. “And neither do I approve of it”

“Leonard!”, a voice echoed through the hallway and the sellsword shifted his attention to the door. Just second later, a young man rushed into the room, breathing heavily, his face reddened from exhaustion. His skin was naturally fair though and the dark brown hair was tied back, to prevent it from falling into his face. He wore dark leather, the sigil of Leo's company visibly on the chestpiece.

“Edward”, Leo greeted him calmly, as he let go of Gyles. The fat man sank to the ground and instantly began to crawl back from him, while his mother only smirked at the scenery. “Edward, what is going on?”, Leo asked.

The man, Edward stopped, to take a deep breath. “Ironborn”, he revealed. “Three longships have landed down the bay, their raiders are marching upon Maybros” Even then, Leo's unnerving calmness did not fade. “How many?”, he asked and Edward gulped. “Almost two hundred at the least”, he said.

Now, Sadie saw a smirk on Leo's face. “Then it seems we'll get a good fight”, he answered, as he reached for Baelor's hands. With a quick movement of his axe, he cut the bindings, before he proceeded to do the same with Dan, who instantly started to rub his wrists. “Edward, gather the men. You'll lead a third of them, the same goes for Rhogarn”, he ordered. “Make sure we occupy of the best spots in the city, the Golden Gyles and the city guard headquarters. I'll lead a force to the market square”

He and Baelor exchanged a look and Sadie noticed that the warrior was anything but calm. “What's with the castle?”, he asked. “Lord Turnberry...” He got cut off by Leo, who quickly put a hand onto his shoulder. “Lord Turnberry can fuck himself”, he growled. “He sent most of his men to fight at the Golden Tooth. If he leaves too little to defend his people from raiders, then I couldn't care less what happens to him”

“He's my lord”, Baelor protested, though Leo shook his head. “He's an old cunt that would rather save his own pathetic ass than to lift even a finger to help his people”, he stated. “Baelor, I'm going to need your help down there. Together, we can push these bastards back into the sea they came from. Think about it, you can save a lot of lives”

On his face, Sadie saw the battle raging on in Baelor's mind. Finally, the man gave him a nod. “I'll gather my men. Where shall we meet up?”, he asked. Leo was obviously pleased by this. “The market place”, he explained. “That's where we'll take them”

“The market place...”, Dan gulped. “Oh, no, no, no, not good! My wares are there!” He looked at Sadie. “Damn it, I need to go there, I have to save whatever I can. Without them, I'm ruined! Sadie, I need your help”

Leo glanced at him. “You're free to go”, he stated. “It's obvious that you did nothing wrong here. Save your wares, if that's what you want” He looked at Sadie. “However, I could also use your help, Sadie”, he said. “Down in the city, I need every blade I can get and I bet you're not too bad with it” He glared at Gyles. “And once we have pushed these raiders back, we're going to talk about your sister”, he growled. “There are... a few things you don't know yet”

“Shit, Sadie, I need you here! I helped you so much and now I need your help!”, Dan urged her. “If I don't manage to save my wares, I'm done for. Ruined!” Leo chuckled. “Screw your wares”, he said. “Down there, I'll need every fighter. Help me and maybe we'll manage to save a few more lives. But that's your decision”

[Help Dan] [Help Leo]

• Thanks! I'm very happy that you liked them, it was a nice challenge to try and show the change in them. Personally I like Lucas the most (maybe because in his case the physical changes are most noticable), but I'm glad that you seem to be satisfied with Torvin, because he was the one I spent the most time doing - that was mostly because I was never satisfied and kept fixing him XD

And yeah, drawing the Argella portrait was nice - I definitely thought she deserved a better illustration than my earlier drawing of her :) I'll probably do these kind of portraits of some other FoT characters as well in the future ;)

Wow, these are just incredible! I was greatly looking forward for them and it's safe to say that they exceeded my already high expectations.

• Again your replies are worth it. And don't worry you don't need to make long comments, just write what you feel like.

That is the problem. I have realized I am completely incapable of answering things in a short way, which of course makes my own messages longer than necessary.

So in a sense its starting and its going to be insanely long. Reminds me of another story ;). Ill ask no hope about it then and well see where it goes.

Oh yes, speak to him. I'm sure he's going to be glad to have you on board! Keep in mind, I don't know how long Monument is going to be, but I have the feeling that there's still a lot more to come.

Lighthearted but with dark themes has always been what i aimed for, at least for now. But this brings me a question i feel sort of bad for putting here since fewer will notice it. How would you define your OWN style of writing?

My own style? Oh man, this is an even harder question, one I'm not even sure I could answer. As hard as it is for me to describe the style of others, describing my own is almost impossible. It's... mine? I don't know, I'm having a hard time objectively describing it. How would you describe my style of writing? I think that's more interesting here.

(This is relieving to hear, but still, occasionally I need far too long to answer to messages, especially when there are other things I have

• [Help Dan] Damn, this isn't an easy choice, but in the end I think we should stay loyal to Dan. He seems like a good guy, and obviously has helped Sadie, so we should have his back.

John With narrowed eyes, John looked at the man in front of him, whom he had just caught red-handed, trying to break into another room. T

• You want me to.....ok. Well....how can i describe it? Well first i should clarify that this is my definition of your style in this story.

I guess the structure is similar to GRR Martin. As for tone i would say......realistic for lack of a better word. Maybe historical contextual severe realism fits better to describe it (even though i have no idea what the heck that means and have no idea why i used the word severe). There is an big variation between P.O.V's. Sometimes there is even contrast between joyful parts and others full of violence and dread. Even in victory there is some loss and the world is seen as anything but perfect. I find the 'honorable' good natured heroes either fighting to keep their values and mostly suffering for it or being protected by others with a more grey morality. The most focused characters tend to be the ones who deem their morally ambigous acts as necessary, inevitable or it simply doesn't concern them. Infact many are openly willing to kill remorsesly to achieve their goals. Many doubt themselves and their actions and very few really see themselves as good people even if they truly are. VIllains tend to go from morally dark with good intentions but horrid ways to achieve them or down right psychotic and inhuman. You also focus a lot on building foreshadowing and you have even managed to trick the readers several times with twists you hinted at before.

You tend to focus a lot on exploring characters to the point in which many readers openly care about them. Long term characters especially tend to be beloved to the point in which newer characters are sometimes seen as human shields or openly disposable to help others. Characters develop via choice in such a different in a way in which if they ever met their other choice versions they would dislike each other openly maybe even want to kill each other (Multiverse Thrones anyone? XD)

The world feels so big and interesting and it developed so well, with so much mystery and lore and i just want to make a character whose entire goal is to explore EVERYTHING. But i understand that would probably torture you. Especially due to the fact you have given so much detail to just the small locations we've seen.

I want to keep going and i feel like i'm leaving out to much and being to simplistic and unfair to your skill, but i could just go on forever and still feel that way. Maybe i have already been wrong truly, by your opinions, others opinions, several combinations of them or all at once.

Whatever the case i can say one thing with full certainty: IT'S FANTASTIC!!!!!!!

Again your replies are worth it. And don't worry you don't need to make long comments, just write what you feel like. That is the pr

• Thank you for finding them when I myself did not had time for that. :-)

After switching PC's, I haven't saved it anymore either (although the data is still save on my old PC, which only needs a new graphics card)

• [Help Dan]

That's actually very hard choice here... but still I decide to help Dan, who helped Sadie.

John part was cool as well, I liked the descriptions a lot... and that short, gentlemen welcomes between Daghan and the rest of the dragons... awesome, made me smile.

John With narrowed eyes, John looked at the man in front of him, whom he had just caught red-handed, trying to break into another room. T

• (Help Dan)

• [Help Leo]

• edited September 2016

John really pissed me off in this part.

[Help Dan] Dan's been a true friend and it's time to return the favor.

• Hehe, was it because of the fight he, sort of, started, or were there other things he pissed you off with as well?

John really pissed me off in this part. [Help Dan] Dan's been a true friend and it's time to return the favor.

• Oh man, I did not expect to get such a great compliment :) This is what I mean, I could never describe my own writing in such terms. In fact, I'd probably be mostly negative, focussing on the negative aspects and blowing them out of proportion. I know my writing does not suck, or else I wouldn't have an audience, but that's about the best I can say about it. And I guess I do a good level of planning and foreshadowing, that much I can admit. Other than that, I have a hard time actually saying much positive about my writing, even though I know there must be something of value that you and the others see. So, thanks a lot, this helped me greatly with understanding my own writing =)

You want me to.....ok. Well....how can i describe it? Well first i should clarify that this is my definition of your style in this story.

• It was mostly the fight. I get that it's a matter of perspective and everything but it just really annoyed me.

Hehe, was it because of the fight he, sort of, started, or were there other things he pissed you off with as well?

• Yeah, I think I get what you mean. Even from a completely objective basis, John started this fight far too quickly. While he was right that Torrence wanted to break into Shortwood's room, he jumped at this conclusion without much of an evidence and this fight could have totally been avoided if it wouldn't have been for him being rash. I can certainly see how he annoyed you with this behaviour.

It was mostly the fight. I get that it's a matter of perspective and everything but it just really annoyed me.

• [Help Leo] Well this is certainly a tough choice and I do agree that Dan has helped Sadie a lot and is a good guy but I also want to see this fight with the Ironborn which has the potential to be epic so I suppose I will go with that here.

• But who doesn't love a good old bar fight. To be honest I was hoping for the whole bar to erupt in chaos only to be brought to order by Audrey or Daghan.

Yeah, I think I get what you mean. Even from a completely objective basis, John started this fight far too quickly. While he was right that

• [Help Leo] Sadie, cold hearted bastard who is only doing what furthers her own goals, at least what I want to make her.

• YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Liquid you are amazing! Don't tell me you fall for my stupid doubts about writting too. Your writting is amazing!!!!! You make beutiful, descriptive, detailed parts of leghts i can only dream about.

Your writting is beyond fantastic never doubt that :D :D :D.

On a side note i thought i was way off and you and many others would dissagree on several things with me (How could i call Samatha morally ambigous and remorsless and cold blooded about things like murder. Shes a bae!!) hence me saying that this was my description of your writting in this story. Then i basically put a disclaimer in the end to make sure. But just so you no that did not stop me. This was my honest opinion on your writting (And why i love it).

To be honest it was a bit weird to analyze. Its a story thats compleatelly written, owned and imagined by you, made as a fan prequel to a popular book series, with many of characters made by other people that have now become yours (or at least shared between both), with mayor story and development changing desicions decided by a vote of said people.............I think it finally hit me how weird yet absolutely awesome interfics are in literary contex.

But i just decided to focus on the themes, story direction, characters you chose to focus and abunch of other factors and it seemed pretty clear then. And it actually helped me love it more :). Your story is awesome ;).

Oh man, I did not expect to get such a great compliment This is what I mean, I could never describe my own writing in such terms. In fact,

• Tough call.

Wares are pottery, so they are pretty valuable, but...

[Help Leo]

"I want to see some body parts!"

• Maybe I put that wrong, it's not as if I'm doubting my writing, at least not that much. I still think I'm my own worst critic, but most of the time I end up happy about a part when I finish it. It's just, I have a hard time putting my finger on the good sides of my writing, even though I know they have to be there. As easy as it is for me to praise the works of others, I can hardly praise my own even when I am very satisfied with it. Posts like yours always help me to realize what exactly you and the others appreciate about my writing, so it is something I'm going to pay more attention to in the future. So, thanks a lot, that really helped :)

YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Liquid you are amazing! Don't tell me you fall for my stupid doubts about writting too. Your wr

• [Help Leo]

• edited September 2016

The Voting is closed!

Sadie is going to help Leo

This choice was pretty big for Sadie, as it'll decide what she's going to do in the next chapter, if she focusses on helping her friend Dan, or if she focusses on helping Leo and his men to fight against the Ironborn. I can confirm, both characters are going to play pretty big roles in the next chapter in either choice, but now it'll decide, among other things, how they will see Sadie. Obviously, Dan won't be happy, although Leo might be pleased. There will be a couple of other things this choice decided, but more of that later.

Now, I have written roughly half of the next part and it should be ready today, or tomorrow at latest. We're nearing the end of the chapter, my friends. It will feature a PoV from Marak for sure and if I can somehow fit it in, a PoV from Drent as well. Currently, it looks like it'll be Marak only, but we'll see how my writing progresses. Marak himself got a recap recently (and his part has been pretty recent as well), so I think it should still be known what he's up to (hint: it involves a creepy hatch behind the house of the equally creepy farmer Otis). However, Drent's latest part has been awhile ago. I'm not sure if he's going to return in the next part, but the last time we saw him, he and Montclair got into a talk with Ian Shortwood, the hedge knight with a secret. During this talk, Ian grew increasingly uncomfortable and almost hostile to the two men, whom he rightfully identified as Stormlander soldiers. Luckily for him, John provided a distraction by stumbling upon Torrence, who tried to break into his room. Ian used this distraction to get away, but Drent decided to follow him instead of helping Montclair and Torrence.

However, before I post this part, there is something special for you. @TheFurryOne, creator of House Frostborn, has written a short part from the PoV of his currently unintroduced character Lupin. As you may remember, Lupin is the twin brother of Alphyn Frostborn and the black sheep of his family. While many things about him are currently still a mystery, Alphyn revealed that he was banished from the Frostborn lands after comitting a number of crimes, of which murder was by far not the worst. This part is set in Lupin's past and should give you a bit of an overview of the history of this darkly fascinating character and if I'm not mistaken, TheFurryOne wishes to post it right away :)

• edited September 2016

A Wolf in Lord’s Clothing Part 1

Deep in the woods a hunter stood
    Wearing a cloak and a dark green hood
    In his hands he held a bow
    With an arrow aimed straight at a doe
    Then he heard an agonised howl
    Which soon turned into a vicious growl
    At first he thought he saw a man
    And then the terrified doe ran
    Cracking bone sounds filled the air
    It gave the hunter such a scare
    A lupine creature came into view
    Vomiting blood and viscous goo
    Hair sprouted from its back
    And then its spine began to crack
    Razor sharp fangs shot from its jaw
    Lethal nails came through its paw
    The hunter knew he had no hope
    Of surviving the vicious lycanthrope
    And with a slash of the creatures claw
    The intrepid hunter was no more

“Wake up!” the familiar voice yelled. Sixteen year old Lupin Frostborn’s eyes cracked open. He could see the blonde-haired, grey-eyed face of his brother looking down on him. He felt relief at having one of his normal dreams again.

“The Wolfravens are almost here, father will be out for blood if the whole family isn’t there” Alphyn Frostoborn barked. He was dressed in chainmail, with a breastplate donning the Frostborn sigil, the black wolf and the white wolf facing opposite to each other.

“Fucking fine then” Lupin grunted, reluctantly dragging himself out of his bed.

“Be in the courtyard in five minutes or you’re direwolf dinner” Alphyn warned, before marching out the door. Lupin smirked at the mention of “direwolf”.

Alphyn Frostborn, my big brother Lupin thought. By seven minutes

Lupin dressed into his leather amour and made his way to the courtyard. On his way he passed something big and unfamiliar hung up on a wall in a hallway. He made his way back to look at this mysterious object. It was the newly-made family tapestry. He immediately noticed the infant in his mother’s arms. He smiled at the sight. Everyone else looked as miserable as usual in the interpretation, except for Lupin himself, who had a wolfish grin.

“Apparently the maker shit ‘imself when he got to your face” a familiar voice suddenly appeared behind him. He turned to see his mother’s younger brother, Ser Darko Mogfield, a tall man in his early thirties. His hair was brown like the rest of the Mogfields had been. He was dressed in hunting fur with his bow still equipped. His eyes were light blue and bloodshot, most likely from the journey back to Castle Thaumaturge. Lupin also noticed that had grown a short beard throughout his hunting trip too.

“Uncle Darko!” Lupin exclaimed in excitement as he hugged his favourite uncle, although he just happened to also be his only uncle.

“It’s good to see you, nephew, I only got back this morning” Darko said. He then pulled a dead rabbit from his knapsack.

“This is for your little pet, you won’t be able to hide him forever, he’s growing fast” Darko warned.

“Those little hunting buddies of yours killed his mother and brothers” Lupin hissed. “And they’ll kill him too if I release him.”

“Calm down mother hen, I never said you had to get rid of him” Darko argued back. “It’s just-”

“I’ve been having dreams uncle” Lupin said. “In these dreams I sort of.. become-”

“A big bad werewolf who kills all the mean hunters, blah blah, you’ve told me of this before Lupi-” Darko began, before being cut off by his nephew.

“I become Witherfang in these dreams” Lupin explained. “I can smell the forest outside Thaumaturge, I can feel the soil beneath my feet, and I can taste the blood of Witherfang’s kills.”

Darko suddenly dropped the rabbit carcass and fell to his knees. He pointed his finger up to Lupin and his lips began trembling.

“You.. you’re one of them…” Darko began gasping “You’re…”

Anticipation began to swell up in Lupin.

“…A FUCKING NUTTER!” Darko blurted, soon bursting into a fit of laughter.

“C’mon now kiddo get to the courtyard or your father’s gonna be pissed.”

“Arsehole” Lupin muttered as he walked away from his uncle down to the courtyard.

As soon he arrived in the courtyard he gulped at the sight of his father, Lord Lionel Frostborn, staring directly at him with a look of frustration upon his
    features.

“Seven fucking hells, what took you so long?” Lionel yelled.

“Sorry, father” Lupin sighed looking up to the towering lord.

“What is this?!” Lionel questioned, grabbing his second-born son’s jawline and tilting his upward and pointing at the scruffy stubble on his face.

“I never get the chance, Alphyn’s always trimming his cunt hairs when I go to shave” Lupin grinned. He expected to immediately be punched to the mud by his twin, but when Lupin turned to his twin he noticed that Alphyn had completely bypassed his insult and was instead staring at a man in his forties and a small toddler boy, no older than three, who were standing by an anvil and a blacksmith’s forge. He noticed that the man looked up and sneered at his twin.

Staring at his bastard again Lupin thought.

“You’re supposed to be meeting your betrothed today! Gregory will not be impressed with the future father of his grandchildren looking like a pig farmer!” Lionel lectured.

“Yeah… my betrothed…” Lupin grunted. “Where is Connor?”

“He’s sleeping” the voice of Lady Elizabeth Frostborn appeared as she and her only daughter, Evelyn Frostborn, Alphyn and Lupin’s sister approached.

“May I see him?” Lupin asked.

“No” Evelyn hissed coldly.

“And who are you to say-” Lupin began to say before Frostborn guards approached.

“M’lord, Lord Gregory Wolfraven and his family have arrived” one of them reported. Lionel grunted and turned to his son.

“You shall clean yourself up during Ryden Grimthorn and Ascar Bloodboar’s round” Lionel commanded.

“Yes, father” Lupin sighed.

Lupin looked up as the gate doors opened.

“Time to meet my betrothed” Lupin said.

END OF PART 1

• Werewolves. My ultimate fear. Witherfang huh. Well, something is definitely off with Lupin, I can tell that for sure. I must wonder what his crimes are.

Interesting to see something special like this, I hope we can see some more guest writers. I think it be kind of a fun thing.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.