What is the rating going to be for this game?

Hopefully its a "E" game, in my opinion. At first i was a little shocked by this announcement, but now since i found out my four year old nephew is interested in Minecraft (got it for xmas), let TTG make a game for him. Hopefully they make a smart decision here and make it a "E" game, so children can play it.

Comments

• Well I can't really see Minecraft having an M rating like TWD or TWAU. So chances are it will be an E rated game.

• Hopefully so. because now that he knows about the TTG version of minecraft he wants that too. Kids are so spoiled now adays. When i was a kid, all i had was a Gi-Joe Action figure with one leg missing and that was my only toy! Now kids get PS4s, IPODS, IPADS, Whatever

Not fair IMO

Well I can't really see Minecraft having an M rating like TWD or TWAU. So chances are it will be an E rated game.

• E 10+ Maybe since MC is rated that o:

• Probably E though no doubt kids would play it even it was an 18

• E or T. Doubt it will become a M rated game lmao

• E 10+ would be my guess, as that's Minecraft's rating, and that's mostly due to "Fantasy Violence".

• Personally i would rather them not have any violence in it at all. It would be a easier sell to a lot of parents.

dojo32161 posted: »

E 10+ would be my guess, as that's Minecraft's rating, and that's mostly due to "Fantasy Violence".

• Well not all kids are like that. I was never like that when I was your nephew's age and I'm still not like that (I'm currently 17). Sure I have an iPad, but I don't spend the entire day on it like some kids do, and I don't sit on my ass all day in front of my computer. I agree though that a lot of kids are like that, but no one is going to get anywhere in life by looking at a screen all fucking day, that's what some kids fail to realize.

CrazyGeorge posted: »

Hopefully so. because now that he knows about the TTG version of minecraft he wants that too. Kids are so spoiled now adays. When i was a k

• It will be Telltale's first AO [Adults Only] game. Since the art style is much more simple, Telltale will be able to take more liberties in designing gore and over the top violence! QTEs will be more visceral and brutal than the likes of Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, and Game of Thrones combined. Amputations of pixelated limbs will be a guaranteed certainty! Telltale will unleash true horrors that will make even the most desensitized Walking Dead fan recoil in horror!

...Nah, just kidding. An E/E10+ game is all but certain as Telltale makes their games have a presentation faithful to the series' source material. It wouldn't be very "Minecrafty" if the game was rated anything above E10+ now, would it? ;)

Keep in mind that, prior to Walking Dead, Telltale's forte was comedy games with cartoony art styles. That's not to say that every game was family friendly (even though most were), but it's not like the games were as sordid as Walking Dead/Game of Thrones/etc in their presentation and writing.

• Lol when I first started reading I thought "Well fuck, it's gonna get banned here."

It will be Telltale's first AO [Adults Only] game. Since the art style is much more simple, Telltale will be able to take more liberties in

• Most kids are so spoiled in today's world they need MEDICATION to pay attention. Not saying all. The majority.

What do you think happened to me as a boy, if i didn't pay attention.

Well not all kids are like that. I was never like that when I was your nephew's age and I'm still not like that (I'm currently 17). Sure I h

• edited December 2014

"such lego dudes" 12/10 -ign

• where's winston when you need him.... =~=""

• You almost got me there xd

It will be Telltale's first AO [Adults Only] game. Since the art style is much more simple, Telltale will be able to take more liberties in

• so what's next? flappy bird: story mode xD

• I swear I've seen this rating on a movie or game before :x

• I'd buy that.

Mich19 posted: »

so what's next? flappy bird: story mode xD

• Please no... I've seen too much madness already :x

Mich19 posted: »

so what's next? flappy bird: story mode xD

• edited December 2014

Glad you found some use for it. It would probably be an E rates game, however I would rate the idea an F for Failure or Fuck Up, maybe R for Ridiculous?

• It will be rated NC-17 and it will be even more inappropriate than Grand Theft Auto.

Just kiddin' it'll probably be rated E10+ or T.

• E 10+ at best. I wonder what the dialog choices will be...

Villager does not give you emerald for 21 wheat what do you say?

"Please, I don't bite"

"I worked hard for this wheat... now I'd suggest give up that emerald or I'm going to use this sword on you."

"F**k you!"

"..."

• F for Failure or Fuck Up, maybe R for Ridiculous?

I like how in the "Nate Defense Thread" you tell me I'm close minded because I don't like Nate despite "not knowing anything about his backstory" yet we know practically nothing about this game yet you are hating on it.

cough hypocrite cough

Clemenem posted: »

Glad you found some use for it. It would probably be an E rates game, however I would rate the idea an F for Failure or Fuck Up, maybe R for Ridiculous?

• I have ADHD. I take meds. I don't consider myself spoiled.

Most kids are so spoiled in today's world they need MEDICATION to pay attention. Not saying all. The majority. What do you think happened to me as a boy, if i didn't pay attention.

• I'm not bashing the game as much as I'm bashing the idea. I don't like the idea of a Minecraft game so I'll change it. Just the idea is ridiculous. Maybe I am being a little presumptuous apologies

F for Failure or Fuck Up, maybe R for Ridiculous? I like how in the "Nate Defense Thread" you tell me I'm close minded because I don

• ok

Wolverisk posted: »

I have ADHD. I take meds. I don't consider myself spoiled.

• Its a great idea bro,

Its a great way to get 4 year olds playing TTG games. My 4 year old nephew needs some games, he can play. I think Minecraft Storyode is the game for him.

Clemenem posted: »

I'm not bashing the game as much as I'm bashing the idea. I don't like the idea of a Minecraft game so I'll change it. Just the idea is ridiculous. Maybe I am being a little presumptuous apologies

• Please be at least E10 plus.... Please Telltale.....

• Alt text

It'll include the "Hot Creeper 'dating' mod"...

• I just.

• Hey now! I already used that joke a few posts above! ;)

• Damnit!

I knew if I didn't act fast, somebody would. But, I did supply a nice visual image and a very erotic mental one...

Hey now! I already used that joke a few posts above!

• Anything that gets kids into adventures is tops in my book, especially if the adventure turns out to be enjoyable for adults too (or at least enjoyable for adults to play with their kids like the Humongous Entertainment games).

Its a great idea bro, Its a great way to get 4 year olds playing TTG games. My 4 year old nephew needs some games, he can play. I think Minecraft Storyode is the game for him.

• X rated: Hardcore violence with zombies getting their block hands cut off and ketchup spilling out everywhere and creepers commiting suicide #Sarcasm

• Rating: NOWAB (No one was asking, but) for intense blocky violence, red particle effects and monsters falling over, potion reference, and bad skins

Sign in to comment in this discussion.