Can we ever re-capture the happiness of youth?

2»

Comments

• edited June 2009
    music nowadays is soulless, and sung purely for profit.Everything seems to revolve around record companies, rather than bands enjoying making their music.
    I tend to appreciate music from the 70s and 80s a load more than any modern music.
  • edited June 2009
    serweet wrote: »
    music nowadays is soulless, and sung purely for profit.Everything seems to revolve around record companies, rather than bands enjoying making their music.
    I tend to appreciate music from the 70s and 80s a load more than any modern music.
    Maybe you should just stay away from today's mainstream, then?

There's lots of bands making interesting and fresh music nowadays, you just won't hear them on Top-Umpty-pap playing radio stations...

np: Tosca - Busenfreund (Philippe Lussan Dub) (Suzuki In Dub)
  • edited June 2009
    No offence to anyone, but pop punk = bleh.
    Music has been weak since the mid 90's.
    And as for the answer to whether you'll ever feel that sense of escapism again, the answer is - No one knows. Try to achieve it. It's all you can do with life. If you try and remember, you didn't really appreciate it this much when you were actually PLAYING the game... It was afterwards...
  • edited June 2009
    Leak wrote: »
    Maybe you should just stay away from today's mainstream, then?

There's lots of bands making interesting and fresh music nowadays, you just won't hear them on Top-Umpty-pap playing radio stations...

np: Tosca - Busenfreund (Philippe Lussan Dub) (Suzuki In Dub)

oh I do, i listen to the punk-ska/punk-rock scene that is around, such as Goldfinger; but I've yet to come across a band with the charm of Queen, or the ambience of Clapton.
  • edited June 2009
    serweet wrote: »
    oh I do, i listen to the punk-ska/punk-rock scene that is around, such as Goldfinger; but I've yet to come across a band with the charm of Queen, or the ambience of Clapton.
    Can't help you there - what is this "punk" you speak of?

np: Tarwater - Captain (Not Given Lightly (Disc 2))
  • edited June 2009
    Leak wrote: »
    Can't help you there - what is this "punk" you speak of?

np: Tarwater - Captain (Not Given Lightly (Disc 2))

well, I listen to The Ramones, Sex Pistols and Blondie; but then there is punk rock, such as Bad Religion which has now spanned out to ska influences with some bands, like Goldfinger and Less Than Jake where there is brass used aswell as the guitars and kit.
    I like it, but to most people, it's not their cup of tea.
  • edited June 2009
    I remember when I was young, how the LucasArts adventures and especially SoMI provided epic levels of escapism for me. But it recently occured to me that I may be just over-romanticizing the *memory* of how much I enjoyed it...

Does anybody think that it's possible to re-capture the epic enjoyment we remember getting from our first MI experience, or do you think that's just an exercise in "chasing the dragon"? Thoughts...?

Offtopic: South Park really ruined my life... my first thought was http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/155898

Ontopic: If someone can make Tales as good as the classic ones.. it would be Telltale!! So yes it must be possible!!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.