Lady Forrester Appreciation Thread

I'm not going to lie, Lady Forrester is one of my favourite characters. Her husband is died, her eldest son is dead, Ryon has been kidnapped and Ethan is dead. Yet (in the next-time trailer for the next episode) she is still strong, caring about this house and not only that but she is just shown as a great mother to her children and is pretty tough.

So yeah I pretty much wanted to make this appreciation thread to see if any other people seem to like this character.

Comments

• Shes.... meh. She held it together well but didnt offer all that much, she seems to have to same pros and cons of Catelyn

• The Forresters resemble the Starks in many ways, including the Ladies of the House. Personally, I would have named her Sentinel !

• edited January 2015

Ehh she's okay. Right now she just seems like a clone of Catelyn Stark just with a different name.

• edited January 2015

I like her, I think its too early to really love her though, because so far she just seems like a replica of Catelyn Stark (like said before). If they develop her differently then she certainly could be an awesome character.

• Her husband is died ;(

• So has English apparently

Her husband is died ;(

• Lady Forrester is beautiful. I wanted to say that. :)

• She didn't really make that much of an impression on me.

• She is pretty cool. Wonder why Lord whitehill got pretty spooked when he saw her.

• ...I think I'm the only one who likes her. Oops.

• I like her character, i just don't trust her.
    She was asking all those pointed questions of gared when he got back, and her husband didn't trust her enough to tell her his secret about the North Grove. He specifically said, 'tell no one but your uncle, swear to it'. If her husband doesnt have faith in her why should I?

HarjKS posted: »

...I think I'm the only one who likes her. Oops.

• I like her dude, its just too early to really "appreciate" her character.

HarjKS posted: »

...I think I'm the only one who likes her. Oops.

• Betting Whitehill has the hots for her and he was pissed that Gregor Forrester got married to her rather than himself :B

She is pretty cool. Wonder why Lord whitehill got pretty spooked when he saw her.

• edited January 2015

She's great. Still managed to hold her family together after the death of the patriarch (and the presumed death of the heir), along with her eldest remaining children being lost in Essos and King's Landing respectively. She even owned Lord Whitehill - he's scared of her. Not to mention how she jumps into action not soon after Ethan is made lord so that she can secure the house by sending her brother to find Asher as well as attempting to get help from the crown via Mira.

Gotta give her respect for that. She knows what she's doing.

• Ned didn't trust Cat enough to tell her the truth about Jon, is Cat not trustworthy? ;p But yeah, what raised my eyebrows and got me suspicious was lord Whitehill's behaviour with lady Forrester. I'm not sure about Elissa yet. Many say she is replica of Cat and while I agree there is much in common with them I still don't get the same vibe from Elissa than Cat. Elissa seems more...cunning?

Arya_Stupid posted: »

I like her character, i just don't trust her. She was asking all those pointed questions of gared when he got back, and her husband didn't

• Cat is absolutely NOT trustworthy. Look at all the bullshit she caused!!!

Now, i know most of it was done with good intention, or no intention to cause problems. But that makes her all the less trustworthy IMO, because if you cannot stop and look at the consequences of your actions what the fuck good are you? Not much when someone needs to babysit you like a child so you wont fuck anything else up.

Ned didn't trust Cat enough to tell her the truth about Jon, is Cat not trustworthy? ;p But yeah, what raised my eyebrows and got me suspici

• Catelyn V2, I even see a similar end in her future.

• I agree Cat has good intentions but shes a disaster

Cat is absolutely NOT trustworthy. Look at all the bullshit she caused!!! Now, i know most of it was done with good intention, or no inte

• LADDDDDY FORRESTER DESTROOOOYEEEERRRR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Lord Gregor dieded.

Her husband is died ;(

• Catelyn wasn't as confident and decisive as Lady Forrester.

I agree Cat has good intentions but shes a disaster

• LADY FORRRRESSSTEEEEER DESTROOOOOOYERR !!!!!!!!!!

I agree Cat has good intentions but shes a disaster

• LADY FORRRRESSSTEEEEER DESTROOOOOOYERR !!!!!!!!!!

Shes.... meh. She held it together well but didnt offer all that much, she seems to have to same pros and cons of Catelyn

• Yes she was thats part of cat's problem she thinks shes doing the right thing when she isnt.

Catelyn wasn't as confident and decisive as Lady Forrester.

• I feel much more fear and weakness coming from both book and series' Catelyn. Sorry, but making a comparison between her and Lady Forrester is not right

Yes she was thats part of cat's problem she thinks shes doing the right thing when she isnt.

• Lady Forrester is the best !

really think I'll regret having said this later in the game but wha'eva

I feel much more fear and weakness coming from both book and series' Catelyn. Sorry, but making a comparison between her and Lady Forrester is not right

• Gregor didn't want him to tell Royland, does that make Royland any less trustworthy? He didn't want Gared to tell the Maester, is the Maester untrustworthy now as well? Holy schmut, he didn't even tell Gared until he had no other choice.. With this kind of logic--all of them are untrustworthy!

In all seriousness, I don't know why you think him sharing a secret with Duncan and not compromising it to anyone else makes any of them untrustworthy? Just because they are husband and wife does not mean they need to tell each other everything, especially in a world like Westeros.

I like her character, i just don't trust her. She was asking all those pointed questions of gared when he got back, and her husband didn't

• Six kids and she still looks fine. I think this character is based on J.Lo.

• edited January 2015

I agree that lady Forrester is decisive and confident but if we would get inside her head like we do with Cat (in books), we would find some fear and even weakness from there too.

I feel much more fear and weakness coming from both book and series' Catelyn. Sorry, but making a comparison between her and Lady Forrester is not right

• Well... I consider the maester pretty untrustworthy...

Gregor didn't want him to tell Royland, does that make Royland any less trustworthy? He didn't want Gared to tell the Maester, is the Maeste

• edited January 2015

Not all women ignore fitness and resort to eating copious amounts of ice cream and carbs during pregnancy. Also, I would assume that it would be extremely difficult to get fat in Westeros... unless there is a Ye Olde Cold Stone Creamery in every stronghold.

Now, her vag, on the other hand...

Alt text

Butt-head posted: »

Six kids and she still looks fine. I think this character is based on J.Lo.

• Wyman Manderly manages to stay fat just fine.

Not all women ignore fitness and resort to eating copious amounts of ice cream and carbs during pregnancy. Also, I would assume that it woul

• I don't know what you're saying but I know it's bullshit.

I agree that lady Forrester is decisive and confident but if we would get inside her head like we do with Cat (in books), we would find some fear and even weakness from there too.

• holy jesus

Not all women ignore fitness and resort to eating copious amounts of ice cream and carbs during pregnancy. Also, I would assume that it woul

• She's the best character in this game.

• Did anyone else find it odd how passive Whitehill abruptly became around Lady Forrester? If he was intimidated by her why would he raise such a bluster in her household in the first place? It's not like he didn't expect her to be there.

• My brother had a theory that shes a witch because she scares people

• Okay :D just saying that she is only human :)

I don't know what you're saying but I know it's bullshit.

• Yeah but since she is a Lady it could be common courtesies, Lord Whitehill probably has some of that. I actually think that Lord Whitehill wanted her hand in marriage but Gregor was the one who got her but he's still got feelings for her :P

Mikejames posted: »

Did anyone else find it odd how passive Whitehill abruptly became around Lady Forrester? If he was intimidated by her why would he raise such a bluster in her household in the first place? It's not like he didn't expect her to be there.

• She's alright I guess. And she has a name you know. :[

Sign in to comment in this discussion.