Should they add violence to the game?

There's alot of minecraft's haters so i think they should make this game more violently ...

Comments

• Well I'd hope it would be a bit more mature than the regular game. Not really bloody and gory like TWD but not treating us all like kids.

• Agreed. I still love to play Minecraft but i want the story mode has many interactive just like TWAU ( sorry if grammar bad )

Well I'd hope it would be a bit more mature than the regular game. Not really bloody and gory like TWD but not treating us all like kids.

• Minecraft is already really violent.

Going around slaughtering hundreds of innocent animals.

Pushing rotting corpses into lava to watch them burn and melt.

Breaking your legs and dying from falling.

Starving to death slowly and painfully.

I mean yeah, it's already fairly brutal stuff.

• That's not really what i mean. I mean here is you can see the guts, hearts, bones... spill outside.
    That would be too bloody, don't you think?

Minecraft is already really violent. Going around slaughtering hundreds of innocent animals. Pushing rotting corpses into lava to watc

• edited January 2015

Oh, so gory then?

No, it would be pretty pointless to have the inclusion of gore and blood in an established E for Everyone game. It'd be like playing a Barbie game that included explicit scenes of sex and drug use.

That's not really what i mean. I mean here is you can see the guts, hearts, bones... spill outside. That would be too bloody, don't you think?

• Telltale always stays true to the source material. For example, Strong Bad never swore in Poker Night 1 even when the censors were turned off.

If it doesn't make sense for the license, they won't have it in their adaptation. So, there will likely be deaths and probably killing, but it will be done in a manner like in the first Minecraft game. So, definitely no gore. Telltale has handled mixing cartoon style violence with excellent stories before (for example Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse or Tales of Monkey Island).

• A lot of "all ages" stories are able to adress rather mature themes, in whatever fictional universe. Movies and books manage to capture children while still treating the adult mind with respect.

I have no idea what Telltale's direction will be here, but I guess they can pull it off.

Well I'd hope it would be a bit more mature than the regular game. Not really bloody and gory like TWD but not treating us all like kids.

• Probably there will be some QTE and on-screen prompt action scenes killing creepers and what not. Otherwise, I don't think there will be the type of violence that shows up in other Telltale games.

• Violence allures fans.

• To a point I think yes. The game is more then likely going to be rated e10+ for fantasy violence and maybe other stuff, just like minecraft its self

• An example of how a story can be carried out in the Minecraft setting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBXuXAqKZDo

• I don't understand why you think violence is the reason some people aren't buying.

Violence won't get fans...

• I think because too many people think it for kids...

I don't understand why you think violence is the reason some people aren't buying. Violence won't get fans...

• Some do, others are questioning the story possibilities in Minecraft, and others might think this is cool.

However I honestly doubt adding senseless violence and other things like blood and gore to this game will change people's minds. I think TT should focus on the story instead of things such as this as I have seen more people worried about a good story than it being a children's game.

I think because too many people think it for kids...

• Well they have violence in the original minecraft, so IDK why not.

• Alt text

"No violence!"

-Crane, The Wolf Among Us, Season 1 episode 2

• Only in a fun, cartoony way.

• "pull it off" they can't pull it off. They could hardly pull of TWD S2.

Vainamoinen posted: »

A lot of "all ages" stories are able to adress rather mature themes, in whatever fictional universe. Movies and books manage to capture chil

• True - but mainly because of the interfering lore they created themselves with Season 1.

Plenty of nothing in Minecraft to not trip over, I'll say. ;)

Talimancer posted: »

"pull it off" they can't pull it off. They could hardly pull of TWD S2.

• Why they make a game that has a "E" rating violent. Does that make any sense?

I plan on buying this game for my nephew who is 4 years old. This is for him. He is a minecrafter.

• "Hey you know what, F--" *stopped by Snow
    -Bigby, The wolf among us, S1E1
    I'm F crane not u so don't take it personally

dojo32161 posted: »

"No violence!" -Crane, The Wolf Among Us, Season 1 episode 2

• Well I mean violence would kind of ruin the point of mine craft

• Yeah in Tales of Monkey Island, the main character gets his fucking hand cut off and his only reaction is "Hey! I was using that!"

Jennifer posted: »

Telltale always stays true to the source material. For example, Strong Bad never swore in Poker Night 1 even when the censors were turned o

• If they wanted this game rated E 10+ with violence then just add blood only

Sign in to comment in this discussion.