Voice Recording Snapshots

JaredEJJaredEJ Former Telltale Staff
edited July 2009 in Private Pirates Club
Hi everybody—Jared from Bay Area Sound here.

We've uploaded a very small collection of photo snapshots from the TOMI 102 voice recording sessions which you may all access here:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pages/Bay-Area-Sound/60739756013

Audiophiles may want to "fan" that page while they're there, since that's where we post behind-the-scenes content for several of our current projects.

...and for those of you without Facebook, here are some of the pictures:

102voicerec1.jpg

102voicerec2.jpg

Enjoy!

Comments

• edited June 2009
    Thanks for the behind the scenes, Jared. That's pretty cool. I notice Wallace and Gromit, Sam and Max, and eSurance are listed on there as well. :D
  • edited June 2009
    Legendary, I wish I could participate in some sound recording for a game as cool as this :P
    I just have to pretend I'm Guybrush at the moment :(
  • edited June 2009
    Awesome, what mic is that?
  • edited June 2009
    Facebook? Gah, I hate Facebook. If I sign on, everyone in the Universe will come down on me for signing on but not updating. You'd think not signing on in over a year would help. It doesn't.
  • edited June 2009
    Hi Jared,

Awesome! Would you mind telling us who we're looking at in the pictures?

4805_107956581013_60739756013_3314790_1243482_n.jpg

This guy looks like he should be able to voice LeChuck with the right amount of piraty menace.

4805_107956561013_60739756013_3314788_2415033_n.jpg

Elaine?

Btw, the next time Telltale's going to record audio commentary's for the DVD's, make sure you get to do some. The audio commentary's are always awesome, I was sad to see they weren't included on the Season 2-DVD.
  • edited June 2009
    How about some movies to go with those pictures, eh?
  • edited June 2009
    Argh! Please place the photos on something other than Facebook. Photobucket/some other image hosting website, anything but Facebook :( I'm not going to sign up just to see some photos

I'm a very anti-Myspace/Facebook person :p
  • edited June 2009
    backslash wrote: »
    respect :cool:
  • edited June 2009
    Argh! Please place the photos on something other than Facebook. Photobucket/some other image hosting website, anything but Facebook :( I'm not going to sign up just to see some photos

I'm not on Facebook (I've never been on any social networking-site), and I'm able to see the pictures just fine. Can you see them in my previous post?
  • edited June 2009
    Tjibbbe wrote: »
    I'm not on Facebook (I've never been on any social networking-site), and I'm able to see the pictures just fine. Can you see them in my previous post?
    There are more photos on the page linked at the top of the thread, which quickly prompts you to sign into Facebook.
  • edited June 2009
    There are more photos on the page linked at the top of the thread, which quickly prompts you to sign into Facebook.

I know there are more pictures there, but I can look at them without creating an account or logging in. I can see the entire Wallace & Gromit-albums as well.

Maybe some weird thing based on territory, where being in Europe doesn't require you to log in?
  • edited June 2009
    B A S! B A S! B A S!

I once wrote an email a half year go to BAS when I thought Clint was still working at your place. Stupid wikipedia...

Some of the photos are pretty dark. Could you give a short description to each pic? Who's to see and what he's doing? That would be great. And I "fanned" you some moments ago.^^
  • edited June 2009
    It seems so dark in the room all the time :P
  • edited June 2009
    Do light bulbs make too much noise? Maybe you should use candles...
  • edited June 2009
    Light disturbs the sound waves.
  • edited June 2009
    Wow! Thank youuuu! :D
    Me no like facebook, but me likes the pictures! Yay! :p

I allready joined Twitter because of you guys. Just post the stuff here :p
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009
    102voicerec4.jpg

Here's the fourth image, which the facebookless haven't been able to see yet. Big spoilers!!! (not really :) )
  • edited June 2009
    Who is that guy handling the mike(mic?)? I think he was in those videos you guys made to promote the first season of S&M, but I don't think he was ever identified. Is he
    Damian Kastbauer? Do you only hire red-heads with long names? Ha! I kid BAS, but you guys know I love you. (Btw, can I tell you how much I loved the sound of the Home for Child Stars in ep 1 of S&M? Even now when I hear it I want buttered popcorn and to watch an episode of MST3K.)
    edited June 2009
    That's Jory Prum of studio.jory, the place we do much of our voice recording.
  • edited June 2009
    Jake wrote: »
    Here's the fourth image, which the facebookless haven't been able to see yet. Big spoilers!!! (not really :) )

I'm sure there's something wrong with me, but I see the 4 pictures all right without having a facebook account :confused:

Awesome thread btw!
  • vizviz
    edited June 2009
    Azure wrote: »
    Awesome, what mic is that?

It looks like a Blue Bottle (Baby? Bluebird?).
  • edited June 2009
    Btw, the next time Telltale's going to record audio commentary's for the DVD's, make sure you get to do some. The audio commentary's are always awesome, I was sad to see they weren't included on the Season 2-DVD.
    I am also hoping for audio commentaries on the Monkey DVD. The team should have a lot to say on them. This being the first Monkey Island in nine years and all.
  • edited June 2009
    102voicerec4.jpg

That almost looks like Brian Cox... from this angle at least.
  • vizviz
    edited June 2009
    Fausk wrote: »
    That almost looks like Brian Cox... from this angle at least.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Cox_(physicist) ? ;)
  • edited June 2009
  • edited June 2009
    That's Jory Prum of studio.jory, the place we do much of our voice recording.

Jory Prum might be the best name ever. Jory Prum, Avenger of Darkness. He's even got a ponytail already! All he needs is the motorcycle.
  • edited June 2009
    4805_107956561013_60739756013_3314788_2415033_n.jpg

Elaine?
    This is "Elaine" aka Alexandra Boyd:

Alexandra%20Boyd%20small.jpg MV5BMTM0NTg1NzEzMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNDk3ODIy._V1._SX323_SY400_.jpg
  • edited June 2009
    Well IMDB came with that name, and it was said to be Alexandra Boyd that did Elaines voice there, and I remember people saying that it will be the same Alexandra doing ToMI's Elaine.

IMDB:
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0134599/

Google Images:
    http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=alexandra+boyd&btnG=Search+Images&gbv=2&aq=0&oq=alexandra+boyd
  • MarkDarinMarkDarin Former Telltale Staff
    edited June 2009
    Well IMDB came with that name, and it was said to be Alexandra Boyd that did Elaines voice there, and I remember people saying that it will be the same Alexandra doing ToMI's Elaine.

IMDB:

Google Images:
    http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=alexandra+boyd&btnG=Search+Images&gbv=2&aq=0&oq=alexandra+boyd

Yep it is. (When I originally posted "It's not", that picture wasn't visible! :P )
  • edited June 2009
    HA! :p

So who's the girl on the photos then? :)
  • TeaTea
    edited June 2009

I have OpenDNS configured to block both so I can't even get to these pictures.
    edited June 2009

BASD was all set up to do audio commentary for Sam & Max Season Two's DVD but they had some last minute schedule changes which threw it out of whack unfortunately. Next time we do a DVD with commentaries, we'll try to schedule it out again and hope for the best ;)
  • edited June 2009
    Speaking of audio commentaries, I was listening to the Sound Guys commentaries on the Sam & Max Season One DVD last night and found myself thinking that Jared would make a very good Lemonhead. I swear he sounds just like Lemonhead from CMI.
  • edited June 2009
    A long shot, but commentaries done in-character (a la "Lincoln Osiris" in Tropic Thunder) would be hilarious.
  • edited June 2009
    Soup wrote: »
    A long shot, but commentaries done in-character (a la "Lincoln Osiris" in Tropic Thunder) would be hilarious.

That's a really nice idea, actually. I'd love to hear Sam & Max talking about their season in-character, and a Guybrush/LeChuck/Elaine thing would be pretty funny too
  • edited June 2009

IMDB:

Google Images:

I can't believe it, I thought that picture looked familiar and it was, she was in Corination Street for a while, which is a soap in the UK, and I never noticed that this person was the voice of Elaine.
  • edited June 2009
    Can't wait to hear what the voices will be like :D

I'm not sure if this is the place to suugest but would it ever be possible to get such actors for future Monkey Island games as Paul McGann, Colin Baker or Tom Baker?
  • edited June 2009
    vitas wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this is the place to suugest but would it ever be possible to get such actors for future Monkey Island games as Paul McGann, Colin Baker or Tom Baker?

Doctor Who fan? :p

edit: Just noticed the TARDIS pic for your avatar :p
  • edited June 2009
    Ash735 wrote: »
    Doctor Who fan? :p

edit: Just noticed the TARDIS pic for your avatar :p

Well yeah of course.

But also the fact is that these actors have played roles in like times which Monkey Island is set. I know Paul McGann especially played a red coat in Hornblower. That's why I thought also him being british as also the other two would be perfect for a role in a Monkey Island game. :)
  • edited June 2009
    I reckon TTG should cast relative unknowns for their voices. It's great us fans being able to go "I want Hugh Laurie, and Johnnie Depp... and Brian Blessed... OOOH and Patrick Stewart!" etc. (Though, granted, we're not actually talking about such big names), but apart from a warm fuzzy feeling from hearing lines being read by guys we know/like, it serves very little purpose for a pretty big total hike in the budget. There are some extremely good voice-actors i've met in the UK who remain relatively un-tapped, and i'd be surprised if it isn't the case in the U.S.

I just want some Irish guy with dreadlocks and a purple suit, playing the piano in a basement bar (pub) voiced by Duke Special :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.