Is Beshka a lesbian?

loveyoucarleyloveyoucarley Banned
edited May 2015 in Game Of Thrones

Hmm...

Comments

• What exactly is your basis for this theory? If I recall correctly, (correct me if I'm wrong) when she was talking with Asher about having money for whores, she didn't exclude herself from partaking of, ahem, "the pleasures of the flesh", so it's possible.

• What does it matter?

• i dont think it really matters.

• No matter, I think she might be bisexual, Asher does seem to like tomboys. Gwyn seems a bit tomboyish as well, if you don`t mind me saying.

• edited February 2015

It doesn't matter either way, as others have mentioned (though a badass warrior sister-in-arms would be a fun romance for Asher). That is, of course, if it doesn't affect the story. Though, I think it might...

I did get the impression that she might be gay, with referring to her and Asher's shared bedding of whores (without gender-qualifier) and I also get the feeling that her secret regarding why she fled her home might be her running away from a heterosexual betrothal that she wanted no part in. Something akin to the story of the magnificent Dorian Pavus of DA : Inquisition.

• Idk. Isn't the term "Lesbo" kinda frowned upon... I'm gay, and it doesn't offend me, but I know some lesbians who don't like to be referred to as a "lesbo."

I honestly don't think OP meant anything though.

• I doubt it, I think she is gonna be the Brienne to Asher's Jaime. Where she is in love with him, but he doesn't realize or reciprocate it.

• If i have the chance, Asher will totally reciprocate. Especially since he will need a new lover to console him after Gwyn's accident (The upcoming one where she falls on my sword 73 times)

I doubt it, I think she is gonna be the Brienne to Asher's Jaime. Where she is in love with him, but he doesn't realize or reciprocate it.

• I believe Baskha referred to Asher as her brother, so I doubt she loves him.

I doubt it, I think she is gonna be the Brienne to Asher's Jaime. Where she is in love with him, but he doesn't realize or reciprocate it.

• This is GoT.

"Loving" your brother isn't totally out of question, to be fair. Lol.

dojo32161 posted: »

I believe Baskha referred to Asher as her brother, so I doubt she loves him.

• There is male whores and really...who gives a shit.

• I think it is not a coincidence that they introduced Gwyn. I think if Asher makes it back to Ironrath, there will be interaction between them.

• Honestly, given this is Meereen we're talking about, I think it's more likely that Beskha is an escaped slave, and that's why she's worried about going back.

rcarass1 posted: »

It doesn't matter either way, as others have mentioned (though a badass warrior sister-in-arms would be a fun romance for Asher). That is, o

• Hmm. That would make a lot of sense!

baroqueout posted: »

Honestly, given this is Meereen we're talking about, I think it's more likely that Beskha is an escaped slave, and that's why she's worried about going back.

• Seems a waste to spend so much time killing gwen thats 72 times you could have been decapitating Lord whitehill

Duruial posted: »

If i have the chance, Asher will totally reciprocate. Especially since he will need a new lover to console him after Gwyn's accident (The upcoming one where she falls on my sword 73 times)

• I'd personally be stoked on her being a lesbian. I was hoping during the scene with Mira and the other handmaiden, that the girl was going to confess she had feelings for her. Bow-chicka.

By the way, I think people are getting oddly defensive. The original poster didn't say anything offensive, or made it sound like a negative thing. Curiosity, yeah? My favorite past time is wondering if (and hooooooooooooping) characters are gay.

• I don't really see why it matters but I think she might be bisexual, like Oberyn's "lover" or whatever she was called.

• If you are basing this speculation on the fact that she mentions whores then I should mention there are male prostitutes in both real life and in Westeros, they even appear in the television series.

If you are basing this speculation on her appeareance then no, just no.

• Can you decapitate a man more than once? I imagine this involves some sort of grotesque carnival act where I have Talia sew his head back on so I can chop it off again.

Seems a waste to spend so much time killing gwen thats 72 times you could have been decapitating Lord whitehill

• guuuurl, they need to take a chill pill:-)

steenug posted: »

I'd personally be stoked on her being a lesbian. I was hoping during the scene with Mira and the other handmaiden, that the girl was going t

• Yes, she is.
    She said: " we can have whores..."
    When Asher tells her about Gwen, she answered: " you don't chose who you love. Your family, should understand that."

• edited February 2015

I think you should read comics named "I Vampire" . In one issue , the protagonist(who is a vampire with magical powers = badass) cuts every limb of his enemy's body(who had seriously hurt protagonist's friends) , then using his magic makes him all well again and cuts him into pieces again and then he repeats the process for another 11 times :D AND finally beheads him !(

In fact I've a picture from that part : http://www.axgig.com/images/56917239950119110666.jpg

I think this would be an awesome way for Ludd to die !

Duruial posted: »

Can you decapitate a man more than once? I imagine this involves some sort of grotesque carnival act where I have Talia sew his head back on so I can chop it off again.

• "Men don't choose who they love. Your family should understand that."

Perhaps the keyword there is "Men"? I have no idea.

Yes, she is. She said: " we can have whores..." When Asher tells her about Gwen, she answered: " you don't chose who you love. Your family, should understand that."

• Remove the scars and she IS kinda attractive... ehm.

SnownRaven posted: »

If you are basing this speculation on the fact that she mentions whores then I should mention there are male prostitutes in both real life a

• Did you mean to suggest that she must be heterosexual because of the fact that she is attractive? I'm sorry if I misunderstood you, I just had to check because I'm not sure if I understood the meaning of your words correctly.

stitch123 posted: »

Remove the scars and she IS kinda attractive... ehm.

• "B-but how does it matter ?" "Nothing wrong with it !" "I-It doesn't matter !"

Gosh ! OP was only asking !!! Why are people getting all defensive and suspicious on the spot ? How annoying. You guys look like part of a cult.

• edited February 2015

I think, if anything, it says more about the people who reacted than it does about the OP.

If they asked if Mira was gay, would people get this defensive? Hmm...

Or, for fun, if someone asked if Beshka came across as more of a Scorpio or a Leo? It's all just curiosity. An interesting tidbit about a character that makes you feel more connected and/or intrigued/fascinated by them.

"B-but how does it matter ?" "Nothing wrong with it !" "I-It doesn't matter !" Gosh ! OP was only asking !!! Why are people getting all defensive and suspicious on the spot ? How annoying. You guys look like part of a cult.

• SnownRaven said:

If you are basing this speculation on her appeareance then no, just no.

Jugre said:

Did you mean to suggest that she must be heterosexual because of the fact that she is attractive? I'm sorry if I misunderstood you, I just had to check because I'm not sure if I understood the meaning of your words correctly.

Sometimes you can just tell if people are homosexual from their appereance. She simply doesn't look like a lesbian to me.

But I do not even care to be honest. I don't judge people by their sexual orientation.

Jugre posted: »

Did you mean to suggest that she must be heterosexual because of the fact that she is attractive? I'm sorry if I misunderstood you, I just had to check because I'm not sure if I understood the meaning of your words correctly.

• I hate sounding like a feminist, but cmon.
    Because she is a tomboy, a fighter and a bit brutish, its assumed she is gay?
    I find that a little insulting to women.

• [removed]

• Alright, thanks for answering. I'm down with that, people should not be judged by their sexual orientation. But I also find it a bit rash to assume one's sexuality solely by their appearance. I can't help but wonder if people would be more willing to see her as a lesbian if she had short hair.. hmm.

stitch123 posted: »

SnownRaven said: If you are basing this speculation on her appeareance then no, just no. Jugre said: Did you mean to sug

• If that's your reason for wanting her gone then you have some serious issues.

• Never apologize for sounding feminist. :)

Jere85 posted: »

I hate sounding like a feminist, but cmon. Because she is a tomboy, a fighter and a bit brutish, its assumed she is gay? I find that a little insulting to women.

• I don't think that's why people may think that. It's just that she makes the offhand comment about "buying the best whores" and people guessed it from there.

Jere85 posted: »

I hate sounding like a feminist, but cmon. Because she is a tomboy, a fighter and a bit brutish, its assumed she is gay? I find that a little insulting to women.

• Ah allright, still, male whores are also a thing in the GoT universe. But it makes more sense now :)

That1Guy posted: »

I don't think that's why people may think that. It's just that she makes the offhand comment about "buying the best whores" and people guessed it from there.

• Beskha can refer to Asher as 'little brother', so I think their relationship is strictly platonic.

WardenKing posted: »

No matter, I think she might be bisexual, Asher does seem to like tomboys. Gwyn seems a bit tomboyish as well, if you don`t mind me saying.

• Cope49Cope49 Banned
    edited February 2015

It doesn't help her case .But It's not the main reason for my wanting to be rid of her.

If that's your reason for wanting her gone then you have some serious issues.

• It doesn't help her case

Keep those thoughts to yourself please. Or at least, don't bring that here.

Cope49 posted: »

It doesn't help her case .But It's not the main reason for my wanting to be rid of her.

• If you don't ask that of others then don't ask it of me.

Green613 posted: »

It doesn't help her case Keep those thoughts to yourself please. Or at least, don't bring that here.

• I know right?! The discussion was supposed to be just a bit of fun and people are reacting like they're desperately trying to prove they're not homophobic.

"B-but how does it matter ?" "Nothing wrong with it !" "I-It doesn't matter !" Gosh ! OP was only asking !!! Why are people getting all defensive and suspicious on the spot ? How annoying. You guys look like part of a cult.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.