All Song Lyrics

2»

Comments

• ArthurVArthurV Telltale Alumni

Hahaha no it's fine. Just you did such a good job deciphering my lyrics for the ballad that I figured you'd want to explore on your own.

Oh I see. So not allowed in the forums then ?

• Could this be,FORSHADOWING

Echopapa posted: »

The Crimson Rains is all about Blood magic, which while is forbidden and looked down on, that's how far Talia will go to bring Ethan back.

• You made those lyrics? Wow they are really good, any chance of confirming my theory :P?

I think I understand the bulk of the lyrics, but I don't really understand "The wolves dropped the fish 'n' they all ran away." and what the "towers" refers to: I can only presume that based on the context this refers to the twins and as an extension of this House Frey? Or maybe House Hightower?

I feel like I'm missing out something important!

ArthurV posted: »

Hahaha no it's fine. Just you did such a good job deciphering my lyrics for the ballad that I figured you'd want to explore on your own.

• You burn Lord Gregor's Body first Ethan will remember that

choircorgis posted: »

His final words, faced with the sword, Cut short the bastards breath, Take me as hostage oh my lord! He saved us all from death. Fight on, fight on, Ethan the Brave...

Thanks! Yeah I wrote the lyrics to both voiced songs in the game. The ever-awesome Jared Emerson-Johnson composed the music.

The wolves are the Starks. They dropped Edmure Tully (the "fish") at the Freys' (the "towers") doorstep instead of offering Robb in marriage. Also remember that there are triple meaning to things: this is a bawdy drinking song after all, similar to the Bear and the Maiden Fair in themes...

And sorry, can't confirm theories either way. Don't want to force authorial intent on people! I like what you came up with though! :-)

You made those lyrics? Wow they are really good, any chance of confirming my theory :P? I think I understand the bulk of the lyrics, but

• Oh yeah thanks, I meant to add that about the song foreshadowing the Red Wedding, I really appreciate this. These songs are brilliant so thank you, and thanks Jared!

Thanks! Yeah I wrote the lyrics to both voiced songs in the game. The ever-awesome Jared Emerson-Johnson composed the music. The wolves a

• Alt text

You burn Lord Gregor's Body first Ethan will remember that

• I got the joke. Doesn't mean I have to approve of it, however... He can't remember that. He can't remember anything because he's FREAKING DEAD.

Alt text

• What is this and why does it belong here...?

choircorgis posted: »

I got the joke. Doesn't mean I have to approve of it, however... He can't remember that. He can't remember anything because he's FREAKING DEAD.

• I did a little tribute thing to my version of Ethan and somehow it turned into this. Sorry if it's bothersome...

What is this and why does it belong here...?

• Posted the rest of the songs here except Ethan the Wise - Extended. Anyone found that?

https://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/98537/the-ballad-s-of-the-forresters-talia-s-ballad-s-has-anyone-found-ethan-the-wise-extended?new=1

Also Britisher, I think you got the first two of Talia's songs mixed up?

• I don't think so, but thank you! :D

Jack11 posted: »

Posted the rest of the songs here except Ethan the Wise - Extended. Anyone found that? https://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion

• Hello everyone!

It has been a long while since I last posted on here, so here we go. I missed out part of The Trout in the Towers song lyrics, which I shall attempt to digress (albeit rather late!)

Here is the stanza in question:

• The stag, the stag, the stag in the garden,
    • His crown is a gift from the wildest boar.
    • When roses are bloomin' and antlers are hardened
    • The stag growls “hear me roar!”
    • A lion’s fearsome roar!

Here's my interpretation:

• The stag, the stag, the stag in the garden,
    • His crown is a gift from the wildest boar.

This part of the song refers to Renly Baratheon, the stag (which is the sigil of House Baratheon) representing Renly, the Garden representing the Reach. The Reach is compared to flowery images such as roses (the sigil of House Tyrell, who are the lords of the Reach) and gardens (Highgarden being the seat of House Tyrell), derived from the region's famed fertility and the legend of Garth the Gardener. House Tyrell initially supported Renly Baratheon's claim to the Iron Throne before his death, making him the Baratheon brother (or the 'Stag') in the Reach (or the 'Garden'). His claim to the throne was gifted to him by the death of Robert Baratheon, his elder brother, who died at the hands of a wild boar.

• When roses are bloomin' and antlers are hardened
    • The stag growls “hear me roar!”
    • A lion’s fearsome roar!

This relates to the conflict between Renly and Stannis at Storm's End: the two stags (the two Baratheon brothers) are clashing antlers to win/retain the allegiance of the rose, House Tyrell, who flourishes upon Renly's death with the marriage of Margaery Tyrell to Joffrey Baratheon. Joffrey, unknown to the realm at large, is the incestuous child of Cersei and Jaime Lannister. House Lannister's words are "Hear Me Roar!" I think this is underlying the fact that the stag "growling" is actually a Lion (the sigil of House Lannister) "roaring" - Joffrey - who choosing the words of the Lannister's over the Baratheon's (and is actually a Lannister pretending to be a Baratheon).

More importantly, I think this is included in the song as it parallels the Tully/Stark "two weddings two beddings": this time it is the weddings of Margaery Tyrell with Renly and Joffrey, brought on within the context of "beheadings" (war).

And "All ends happily!": everybody dies!

• Northward Ho!

This song is sung by the Pit Fighters as the sail to Westeros with Asher:

• We'll fight for the Forresters, fight for the good!
    • Hey, ho, Northward Ho!
    • We'll fight for their riches and ironwood!
    • Hey, ho, Northward Ho!
    • Hey, ho, Northward Ho!
    • Hey, ho, Northward Ho!

A nice song, which I don't think needs too much reading into.

• So while we're on the subject of songs am I the only one disappointed that they didn't slip The Rains Of Castamere somewhere in there beyond background at the Red Wedding?

Imagine during the intro to A Nest of Vipers where you're walking through the woods with Ramsay and he's just casually whistling it. That's the stuff nightmares are made of.

Or Talia singing it/playing in the background if you decide to poison Ludd.

• I'm glad that Telltale decided to use original songs: I found it to be more in-keeping with the atmosphere of the game and found Talia's ballad to be particularly poignant. I never felt during any of my playthroughs that there was a need for The Rains of Castamere, though it is a fantastic piece. Perhaps Telltale will include a variant of the tune in future titles?

I don't believe there was any point during season 1 when Rains of Castamere would fit, for me it serves as a dramatic (and possibly tyrannical) tune remarking the brutality and raw power of House Lannister, which we have yet to encounter in the game series.

I hope Telltale keeps up the good work and continues to produce original music for any of their future Game of Thrones titles.

Joe_Momma posted: »

So while we're on the subject of songs am I the only one disappointed that they didn't slip The Rains Of Castamere somewhere in there beyond

• Well done mate, your analysis is practically perfect..

• Don't get me wrong; I love the original pieces (I have both versions of Talia's song on my phone). I don't want The Rains to be prominent, but more subtle just to add atmosphere. Not a necessity, just would've been a nice little touch.

I'm glad that Telltale decided to use original songs: I found it to be more in-keeping with the atmosphere of the game and found Talia's bal

• But the they did play in the backround... right at the very beginning of the game...
    enter link description here

Go to the 8:40 mark and hear for yourself.

Don't get me wrong; I love the original pieces (I have both versions of Talia's song on my phone). I don't want The Rains to be prominent, but more subtle just to add atmosphere. Not a necessity, just would've been a nice little touch.

• But the they did play in the backround... right at the very beginning of the game...

Original post:

in there beyond background at the Red Wedding?

But the they did play in the backround... right at the very beginning of the game... enter link description here Go to the 8:40 mark and hear for yourself.

I love this topic so much.

• Oh right. My mistake.

But the they did play in the backround... right at the very beginning of the game... Original post: in there beyond background at the Red Wedding?

• Thank you :)

Chusets posted: »

Well done mate, your analysis is practically perfect..

• Anything missing from my interpretation of The Trout in the Towers, or hidden meanings from Northward Ho? :)

I love this topic so much.

• Okay.... who else REALLY wants there to be a song written about Rodrik or Asher depending on who died in episode 5?

I fucking love the songs that TTG crafted for this game, even Northward Ho which is short and sweet. I would love to hear another song like Talia's Song that is dependent on our actions, except more of a drinking song than a funeral ballad.

There are a couple more hidden nerdy things in Trout but you expertly caught the bulk of them. Northward Ho was actually written to branch based on your past choices (like Talia's Song). It originally had a rhyming verse that reflected a) whether or not you killed Bloodsong and b) what Asher told the crowd of pitfighters to entice them to come to Ironrath. But we had to trim it down to just the final chorus for time.

Anything missing from my interpretation of The Trout in the Towers, or hidden meanings from Northward Ho?

• Please put some determinant songs in season 2, you guys are awesome and it's amazing what you did with this series already!

There are a couple more hidden nerdy things in Trout but you expertly caught the bulk of them. Northward Ho was actually written to branch b

• I've possibly spotted innuendo regarding the stag and the rose which I've omitted from the Trout in the Tower. Beheadings also relating to Eddard Stark's beheading perhaps?

I'd be interested in those additional lyrics if possible, sounds very interesting! :)

Thanks for all the work you've done, I love your songs!

There are a couple more hidden nerdy things in Trout but you expertly caught the bulk of them. Northward Ho was actually written to branch b

• Aye, you probably can't but if you could show us the scrapped dialogue that would be an amazing fanservice

I've possibly spotted innuendo regarding the stag and the rose which I've omitted from the Trout in the Tower. Beheadings also relating to E

• edited June 2017

Pretty interesting post, seriously I did only know one song of the game(see Forrester's ballad) but no idea about the others.
    Specially the song "The trout and the tower" with that dark references to a happy outcome after the wedding(nice song for a wedding) Moreover I liked the little mocking to the craven Renly Baratheon and king Robert.
    Also the "Brought by beheadings" like could be a remembering to the execution of Rickard Karstark that force Robb Stark to claim Frey's forces if he wants to campaign in the south

Also the pirate ballad Northward Ho! I think I was dreaming while playing this cause I don't remember this song neither :(

• edited June 2017

my bad the first song is called:*The trout and the towers.I have to say that Arthur Von Nagel did a pretty good job and songs like those made this game awesome.And that's why we still waiting for season 2 small details for fans that love asoiaf(like all in the community) give us hope that a production like got telltale will get all the focus and quality it deserves.

I'm still hoping that some reveals will appear mates either on the E3 or other events.
    And please let's tell Telltale itself that we don't care about that f u c k i n g "story Minecraft" of theirs.
    WE WANT MORE OF GOT!

Tunak23 posted: »

Pretty interesting post, seriously I did only know one song of the game(see Forrester's ballad) but no idea about the others. Specially the

Sign in to comment in this discussion.