60,000,000 (WORLD WAR 2 INTERACTIVE STORY: CHARACTER SUBMISSIONS OPEN)

Comments

• Better than Call Of Duty. I truly admire your story, it just gets better! And it's nice to see that the soldiers have some personality and aren't just blank people with a gun in their hands.

I would like to see the intro characters back, just because that way they won't be left abandoned.

APRIL 12th, 1938 AUSTRIA ONE MONTH AFTER ANSCHLUSS Boris Waltz watched the three men on the stage before him and a crowd of people

• Awesome Chapter!

And do what you think is the best

APRIL 12th, 1938 AUSTRIA ONE MONTH AFTER ANSCHLUSS Boris Waltz watched the three men on the stage before him and a crowd of people

• This is really, really good stuff! :) submitting a character for you.

If you feel you can get something more out of these intro characters, go for it.

• edited April 2015

Thanks! I was a hoping I'd get the soldiers to be likeable, as I have this weird tendency to make my characters spiteful and angry, so it's good to hear that I've been doing good!

hihitwd posted: »

Better than Call Of Duty. I truly admire your story, it just gets better! And it's nice to see that the soldiers have some personality and a

• edited April 2015

SEPTEMBER 1st, 1939

Wielun, Poland

4:30 AM

Gabriel Pasternak sat on a chair outside his home. He knew they were coming. The Germans. They had asked for a truce with Poland, as long as Poland gave it's ports for free use to Germany. Poland declined the truce and ended up pissing off Germany. Adolf Hitler was having a tantrum in his diapers. Damn straight, Gabriel thought. Poland was making the right decision. Germany wasn't going to do shit with them.

Gabriel's nationalistic pride had already seeped through the town of Wielun. The best town in all of Poland, as he'd say. Gabriel picked up his glass of water, previously resting on the arm of his chair, and poured some through his scruffy beard into his mouth. The Germans were coming. Yes, they most certainly were.

They were going to bring Russia with them, as well. Why wouldn't they? Russia had pussyfooted around and gave in to big bad Hitler's demands. Bastards, all of them. Probably all get run over by Germany's tanks anyways.

Gabriel stood up and walked inside his house, taking the cup of water with him. Gabriel walked up his window, looking out on the town. It truly was a beautiful day. The sun was shining, puffy white clouds floated through the air, as if they were flying cotton balls. Gabriel suddenly began to think that this was perhaps one of the more beautiful sights he had ever seen, in his twenty-two years of life. It was...beautiful.

Then somebody ran screaming past his window. Another. Then another. "The Germans!" They screamed, and Gabriel tilted his head, taking another sip of water. "Airplanes!" A young boy pointed out to his mother, before being dragged along by his mother. Gabriel looked up to the skies, to see, in fact, airplanes.

The last things that Gabriel saw before his window exploded in a fiery blast were the mother and son being vaporized by a German bomb.

The most beautiful day, assuredly.

Gabriel suddenly woke up to the sound of voices. He couldn't see. It was too dark doe that. But the mother and son turning to liquid was imprinted on his mind. Gabriel still couldn't see. But he could hear voices.

He couldn't understand the voices. But he could hear them.

Gabriel's eyes finally opened, and he looked up into a blinding light. He was in his house. Or, well, what was left of it. Part of the room had been blown in, and the rest was just lightly hanging by a thread. His window had been blown out, the force of which had knocked him out. His bed was toppled over, and his wall had completely shattered. It was in pieces, but some boards still held it in place. Gabriel rolled over on to his stomach, and began to crawl towards the broken wall.

He began to notice he was leaving a trail of blood.

Was that his blood?

It had to be, right?

Gabriel suddenly felt a wave of nausea, as he touched his neck, feeling a shard of glass embedded in it. He croaked out an exasperated yelp, but stopped his crying when it hurt the back of his throat. Gabriel grabbed his neck, then his eyes widened as he heard the speaking again. He didn't understand the language, but it was an unmistakable German.

"Ich mag es nicht, ein Henker."

What were they saying? Gabriel didn't know. He swore to God he wished he would.

"Ich sah jemanden mit kein Gesicht früher."

The second voice was much deeper, more stoic. Gabriel was scared. More scared than he had ever been.

Two figures suddenly emerged into view. The two Germans which Gabriel had known. Both were clean-shaven and pale, but they wore the same green uniforms. One held a pistol in his hand.

One of them turned around, and spoke. "Schau! Es ist jemand da!" It was the first man, judging by his voice. He was the one holding the pistol. Gabriel closed his eyes to hold back the tears, and tried to speak but couldn't. He couldn't breath, he wanted to throw up but he couldn't. Oh God, oh God, oh God!

"Sind sie am Leben?" Said the stoic one.

"Ja." Replied the other.

The one with the pistol approached Gabriel, his footsteps echoing through the hall. He looked down upon him, and frowned. "Er ist nicht zu leben." He told his larger friend, who walked up and eyed Gabriel as well.

"Sie haben ihn zu töten."

And then it was silent. The man with the pistol looked down at Gabriel, and slowly loaded a bullet into the pistol. "Ich weiß, ich weiß." He said in reply, and finally loaded the bullet into the gun, and pointed it down at Gabriel. The gun went off, and a squirt of blood flew from Gabriel's forehead.

SOMETIME IN JUNE, 1941

The Invasion of Russia

High Above the Ground

Vladimir Klikiov quickly dodged another hail of gunfire from a Luftwaffe plane, and turned around to shoot at it some more. He had been going at this all day with the German aircraft, and it was becoming harder and harder to defeat him. Just a continual game of cat and angrier cat, floating through the crowds where bullets would sometimes tear through. One of Vladimir's wings had been hit, but he had been keeping it up so far. As long as it didn't get shot again, he should be fine.

The two aircraft did another dance in the sky, firing at each other but completely missing. Vladimir grunted, then flung the plane around again. The IL-2 he was flying was becoming a bit of a drag to fly, if someone had asked him. If only he could get out of it and do something more interesting...

The tail of the plane suddenly went tearing off as the German came soaring behind Vladimir. Vladimir screeched, as his own plane went plummeting, and plummeting towards the ground.

DECEMBER 7th, 1941

Pearl Harbor

Brandon Garret leaned over the edge of the American docks, looking at the beautiful water below him. He could see his own reflection in the water. A man with red hair and a crooked nose waved back at him. Brandon grinned, but that was before he heard the planes.

The planes?

What?

Why were there planes coming here?

Brandon looked up, before a bomb quickly exploded the battleship in front of him, and sent Brandon into a state of unconsciousness, one he might never wake up from again.

• More RIP people.

Awesome Chapter!

SEPTEMBER 1st, 1939 Wielun, Poland 4:30 AM Gabriel Pasternak sat on a chair outside his home. He knew they were coming. The Germans

• Great chapter.

This is very brutal. No one is safe.

SEPTEMBER 1st, 1939 Wielun, Poland 4:30 AM Gabriel Pasternak sat on a chair outside his home. He knew they were coming. The Germans

• Again, brilliant! I'm assuming that some intro locations, settings may at least play a part in the main story. I hope so, even if the characters don't make it, because it's very engaging stuff ATM :)

• They had asked for a truce with Poland, as long as Poland gave it's ports for free use to Germany.

What ports ?

• Well, they had one large main port, and that was Danzig. It led straight into the Baltic Sea, but Germany had asked for a truce between the two and when Poland refused, it led to this invasion.

Kurusu posted: »

They had asked for a truce with Poland, as long as Poland gave it's ports for free use to Germany. What ports ?

• I can see you don't hesitate to kill characters. One advice that I want to give is that instead of saying 'he was scared', you could show it, by saying 'cold sweat ran down his spine', 'his heart was racing' or 'he held his breath, hoping the soldiers would move on'. I'm just giving you a tip to improve your story, but this chapter was still great nonetheless!

• Really great part again! I liked the german soldiers speaking german, most of what they said was gramatically correct :D

• Danzig was a free city under the auspices of the League of Nations.

Well, they had one large main port, and that was Danzig. It led straight into the Baltic Sea, but Germany had asked for a truce between the two and when Poland refused, it led to this invasion.

• While it was a free city, a port was still inside of it. I worded my original statement badly, I should have said IN Danzig instead of just Danzig. A quick Google Search "Port of Danzig" will bring a lot of good sources.

Danzig was a free city under the auspices of the League of Nations.

• Thank you for the criticism! And yeah, I've always found that I'm way too blunt whenever I write.

hihitwd posted: »

I can see you don't hesitate to kill characters. One advice that I want to give is that instead of saying 'he was scared', you could show it

• Well, they had one large main port, and that was Danzig. It led straight into the Baltic Sea, but Germany had asked for a truce between the two and when Poland refused, it led to this invasion.

• From the article:

"Poland was to either become a German satellite state or be neutralised to secure the Reich's eastern flank and to prevent a possible British blockade. Hitler initially favoured the idea of a satellite state, but upon its rejection by the Polish government, he decided to invade and made this the main foreign policy goal of 1939."

From another article:

"The natural next target for the Third Reich's further expansion was Poland, whose access to the Baltic sea had been carved out of West Prussia by the Versailles treaty, making East Prussia an exclave. The main port of the area, Danzig." - Specific Development, Danzig Crisis

Start of World War II Wikipedia

• edited April 2015

Sorry, I thought that the forum was eating my comments when in actuality it was just not allowing them to show up, even after a refresh.

• edited April 2015

Sorry, I thought that the forum was eating my comments when in actuality it was just not allowing them to show up, even after a refresh.

While it was a free city, a port was still inside of it. I worded my original statement badly, I should have said IN Danzig instead of just Danzig. A quick Google Search "Port of Danzig" will bring a lot of good sources.

• edited April 2015

• On 1 September 1939, Germany invaded western Poland under the pretext of having been denied claims to the Free City of Danzig and the right to extraterritorial roads across the Polish Corridor.

From the article: "Poland was to either become a German satellite state or be neutralised to secure the Reich's eastern flank and to prev

• Yes, and what does this have to do with the ports?

If you look in this article , and then scroll down to the timeline, it is shown that Hitler was very interested in taking Danzig back, under his saying as it was primarily German. However, his plan as shown was to start war, but first he was to take Poland for a military advantage. This started WWII.

Oh, and I know what pretext means. But I have shown you two different sources, now three. Can you give me the source of where you found your comment?

On 1 September 1939, Germany invaded western Poland under the pretext of having been denied claims to the Free City of Danzig and the right to extraterritorial roads across the Polish Corridor.

• In private Hitler revealed that Danzig was not the real issue to him, but pursuit of Lebensraum for Germany.

A World at Total War Global Conflict and the Politics of Destruction 1937-1945
    Roger Chickering, Stig Förster and Bernd Greiner page 97

Yes, and what does this have to do with the ports? If you look in this article , and then scroll down to the timeline, it is shown that H

• Thank you for the source. I didn't know about Hitler revealing this in private, so it's good to know. However, Gabriel couldn't possibly know this, and his chapter is from his perspective, so that could explain why Hitler's true plans weren't said in this chapter.

In private Hitler revealed that Danzig was not the real issue to him, but pursuit of Lebensraum for Germany. A World at Total War Global Conflict and the Politics of Destruction 1937-1945 Roger Chickering, Stig Förster and Bernd Greiner page 97

• edited April 2015

EPISODE 1: THE CAT'S IN THE CRADLE

Chapter 1: The First

Elias

Athens, Greece

Elias sat on a stool, next to his older brother and his father. They were only many amongst a crowd, a crowd of other's from Greece that had gathered to see the newest attraction in town.

The brand new tank that was rolling down the road, followed by the German soldiers. Elias was perfectly silent, simply stating ahead as the soldiers walked past him, some occasionally giving him confused glances considering his surroundings. There was no doubt in his mind that he looked like one of Hitler's super race. The thirteen-year old boy had quite the head of blond hair, as well as some deep, blue eyes. It made him feel terrible, especially when surrounded by his Jewish brothers and sisters. Neither Elias's father nor his mother had even so much as had a tinge of blond resting atop their pretty little heads, but now look at him.

One of Hitler's own.

The thought chilled Elias to the bone, and he squirmed in his chair as he watched the soldiers march through Athens. Elias's brother crossed his arms, then rubbed his nose as he stared angrily at the men. "Fucking ingrates." A distinctly European, Greek sounding accent came through his voice, and Elias's father looked down upon him. "Elijah! Watch your language and be quiet!" The man with the scruffy beard responded, and Elijah only huffed. "That's what they are. Buncha ingrates."

Elias's father only frowned and shook his head. "Do you wish to get your entire family killed for your insolence? Stop it, right now." Elias's father was firm, but kind. He was only looking out for what was best for the family, as Elias thought. Elias frowned, looking at Elijah. "You had better stop." He told his brother, and Elijah looked away. He said nothing else, but did continue staring at the soldiers.

Finally, one of the men walked up to the crowd and began waving his arms in the air. "Get out! Go! Now! Go back to homes!" He yelled in a shaky German accent, obviously showing he didn't know much about the Greek language. Still, the crowd seemed to understood, and if they had fear of anybody they had fear of the Axis powers. The artillery shells from before had killed so many people...Elias was lucky his own home hasn't come toppling down with his family. His father stood up, and put two hands on the backs of his sons, and brought them away from the German line. "We're going to be okay, sons. I promise."

Elijah stated forward, rubbing his nose again. "I'm gonna go fight. I'm gonna make them know who I am. Greek aren't going to be done for, no way." Elijah swallowed, and Elias looked away. Their father once again frowned, shaking his head. "Be quiet boy. You'll get yourself killed. I don't want you to get yourself killed. What will your mother think? Your siblings?"

Elias's father was also a very blunt man. The topics of conversation he carried on about were often times inappropriate for his children. But he lived under the mentality that his children needed to know what the real world was like. Sheltering them would just cause the roof to cave in. But outside, in the real world, there was no roof to fall on their heads. Just the sky and a lot of artillery shells.

"I'm going to do something. I swear I am." Elijah said once again, and his father frowned once more. He was going to get angry. "Are you not listening to me? You need to be quiet. You listen to your father."

Elias began to realize that this was going to turn into another unstoppable debate soon. He watched as the two bickered back and forth again, and rubbed his forehead with annoyance.

[Side with Elijah]

[Side with your father]

[Do nothing]

• Do nothing.

Great chapter!

EPISODE 1: THE CAT'S IN THE CRADLE Chapter 1: The First Elias 1941 Athens, Greece Elias sat on a stool, next to his older bro

• [Do nothing]

EPISODE 1: THE CAT'S IN THE CRADLE Chapter 1: The First Elias 1941 Athens, Greece Elias sat on a stool, next to his older bro

• [Side with your father] Just to don´t get killed

Awesome Chapter!

• [Do nothing]

• [Do nothing]

• [Do nothing]

• [Side with your father]

Another awesome chapter!

• [Do nothing]

• [Do nothing]

Elias lowered his head, looking away from his brother and his father. The two continued to butt heads, until Elias's father threw his hands up in the air. "I am done with you! Die if you must." He spat, storming off towards their own house. Elijah watched and frowned, kicking at the dust in the ground. "Ah. You'd better listen to'em. I'm not. You better, though." Elijah looked down at Elias, and patted the side of his head. "Come on. We'd best follow him." Elias nodded, then followed after his brother like a lost puppy. He trotted along the beaten path, eyeing chunks of concrete and rubble scattered across the ground. A few buildings were nothing but char and ash, having been burnt down by the soldiers who had attacked. During the six-month battle, Greece had fought well. But not well enough. And when artillery began to rain down on the cities, apparently they had enough. Germany and Italy had overtaken Greece. Elias had heard some other army...Belgium, or something, had attacked Greece as well. He personally had seen none of the fighting, but was scared of the German soldiers nonetheless.

Finally, the two caught up to their father, who had reached the house and stepped inside. They followed shortly after, entering inside. The outside appearance of the house was nothing unique. It was in one of the many "suburbs", if that was what you'd like to call it. It was two-stories, white walls and a few windows, nothing too spectacular or flashy. The Nazis were sure to be after it.

Elias waved to his mother, who had quite possibly the most conflicting appearance of all time. Her face was that of a Gentile, but of a Jew's at the same time. It confused poor Elias at times. Elias's father stomped upstairs, and Elijah briskly walked away into the living room, where Elias's other siblings waited. But first, his mother was coming to greet him. Instead of the warm smile however, she instead gave a cold frown. "What is wrong with your father?" The woman kneeled down to get on the same level of the short Elias, who shrugged. "Something with Elijah, I think."

His mother sighed, then stood back up and shook her head. "That boy will give us both heart attacks one day. Go talk to your other brother and your sisters." Elias nodded wholeheartedly, then turned around into the living room to greet his kin. The oldest of his sisters, who was still only eleven years old, was on the floor, same brown hair. Anastazie was her name. Next to her, looking very much alike and being eleven all the same, was Carissa, Anastazie's twin. The two twins sat on the floor with their younger brother, Claeus, who was only nine years old. The three were sitting on the floor with a ball, playing Lice. Anastazie picked up the ball, then tossed it to Carissa, yelling "Tine-Tine!" The girl caught it at first, but then let it go suddenly. "Fourteen lice!" Claeus spoke out, and Carissa frowned. She threw it towards Claeus, saying "Adolf Josef!" She pouted in her corner, and Claeus caught the ball. "Tine-Tine!" He said, throwing it zooming towards the aptly named "Tine-Tine."

She once again missed it, and this time Anastazie giggled in delight. "Fifteen lice! You get a new name, Tine-Tine! You're Tine-Tine Claeus!"

Claeus frowned and Carissa smiled, throwing her head up and down with laughter.

Elijah walked past them and patted Elias's shoulder, before walking outside into the now dawning night. Elias looked upon his remaining siblings, and sat down. "Can I play too?" He asked, and Anastazie nodded. "Yes, you'll be Nazi!" She threw the ball to him, and Elias stared down at it while his sister's laughter filled the air.

Next part will mainly be featuring Pvt. Aiden Mathews! So, yeah, look forward to that!

• Awesome chapter!

[Do nothing] Elias lowered his head, looking away from his brother and his father. The two continued to butt heads, until Elias's father

• Awesome part!

[Do nothing] Elias lowered his head, looking away from his brother and his father. The two continued to butt heads, until Elias's father

• Amazing part! I liked how you described the game the children were playing. I'm guessing that's some kind of Jewish game, and it made the characters seem more alive. Also, I don't know why, when Anastazie said Elias would be the Nazi, that sort of made me shudder. It seems like some kind of dark foreshadowing.

• Excellent chapter again.

I can't wait to see my character!

• OH MY GOSH I UNFOLLOWED SO SORRY CATCHING UP RN

• Just asking because I'm curious, will this story contain Winter War? It's part of ww2 but I guess this story will focus on the Nazi Germany and stuff.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.