60,000,000 (WORLD WAR 2 INTERACTIVE STORY: CHARACTER SUBMISSIONS OPEN)

13»

Comments

• I have been considering doing Winter War, because it's one of the most interesting parts of World War 2. I think I am actually going to write a little about it, if you're interested!

finlander posted: »

Just asking because I'm curious, will this story contain Winter War? It's part of ww2 but I guess this story will focus on the Nazi Germany and stuff.

• edited May 2015

That's awesome! My grandpa's father was defending Finland in Winter War, and Finland wouldn't be intepentend without it. I could actually submit a character for that.

I have been considering doing Winter War, because it's one of the most interesting parts of World War 2. I think I am actually going to write a little about it, if you're interested!

• February 20th, 1943

Pvt. Aiden Mathews

The Battle of Kasserine Pass Begins

Aiden Mathews gripped the gun in his hand, looking down at the dust being kicked up by his own feet. Lines of men walked down the road with him, looking out upon the desert. “Hey! Private!” Aiden wiped the sweat away from his forehead, then turned to his higher-in-command. Corporal Marcus Levine. Aiden didn't want to talk to the Corporal right now. Aiden himself was simple-minded.. He was a farm boy who had taken it up upon himself to get in the Second World War after his brothers went ahead and joined themselves. Aiden didn't want to leave his sweet old momma back at home, but he wanted to fight with his brothers.

Too bad he got shipped off to Africa instead. "Yes sir?" Aiden groggily asked from his forward march, turning his head to Cpl. Levine. "You feeling good in this heat? Or is the sun too much for the potato farmer?"

Aiden smirked, and called back at him. "Fuck you too, sir!" Marcus laughed, and then grinned right back at him. "Never mind! Idaho's pretty much a desert anyways, ain't it?"

Aiden laughed at the lovely joke at the expense of his home state, and tried to think of a witty retort back at him. Alas, his thoughts were interrupted by a relatively tall and muscled soldier turning his head and shaking it. "You guys are assholes. Both of you. Especially Levine."

"Alright Sarge." Marcus curled his lips into a smile, as the good old Sgt. Garrett Davis turned his head around. "Where's Ayers at? I see Mathews and Blox, but Ayers has run off again." Sgt. Davis frowned, rubbing the bit of stubble on his chin while still maintaining a forward stomp. The other Private in Aiden's squad, Grady Bloxham, mostly known as Blox, was a slim man with glasses perched on the top of his nose. He had always been the blunt of the group, runt of the litter, whichever you call it. He looked over at Aiden in guilt, knowing something the both of them knew.

Patton Ayers had stayed back at base for a few extra minutes, choosing to hide so he could go and "nab some extra grub." Aiden had tried to reason with Pfc. Ayers while Blox was busy pissing hisself over the idea of German-Africans (fucking dumbass). And now, Aiden Mathews could feel the cold stare of death from his Sargent. "I saw Blox looking at you, Private. Where's Ayers?"

[Tell the truth]

[Tell a lie]

• [Tell a lie]

Hopefully this won't backfire on me.

February 20th, 1943 Pvt. Aiden Mathews The Battle of Kasserine Pass Begins Aiden Mathews gripped the gun in his hand, looking down

• [Tell the truth]

Do not lie to your higher-ups. If they find out, you will sure as hell regret you lie.

Great chapter!

February 20th, 1943 Pvt. Aiden Mathews The Battle of Kasserine Pass Begins Aiden Mathews gripped the gun in his hand, looking down

• [Tell the truth]

Lying to his sergeant could backfire horribly, so I think he should just play it safe here.

• [Tell the truth]

• [Tell a lie]

• Hey guys, I guess it's time for me to sit down and talk for a second. I have good news and bad news. I'll go ahead and get the bad news out of the way.

I'm no longer going to update any of the stories on this forum. gasp

Yes, you did read that right. No more updating on this forum. However, I'm still going to update the stories.

"Wait, what?" You ask. Yes, yes, I know. It's confusing, no? I mean, I'm leaving the Telltale Community for something a little more accessible. I'm going to start moving these stories ok to Wattpad. And yeah, I know Wattpad is kind of the lowest of the low, and with good reason too what with all of the stories of questionable quality on the sight, but I don't really mind that much. It's just so much easier to write stories under it's format rather then in an interactive Telltale like text adventure with a much larger waiting time. So, yeah, I'm moving to Wattpad. Writing will still stay as a hobby, as I'm still able to easily balance it with many other aspects of my life currently.

Now, as exciting as that last paragraph was, here's something much more interesting. I have a few projects I'm announcing for the website. The Stand will return under the name of "Captain Trips," which I hope is good news to some of my other fans. Skyrim will be known under the subtitle "Fiery Ruins" and Borderlands "Run & Gun." The Walking Dead: Humane has been changed to not fit in with The Walking Dead world anymore, and will be known as simply "Humane." The World War 2 story I have, "60,000,000" will stay practically the same. I'm also going to take "Pet Sematary" and give to some more substance and take out a lot of the plot holes. It will be known as "Brain Damage." And finally, I'm adding a new series to the bundle called "The Normalities," which is an X-Files like series that is actually somewhat original? Whaaaattt? Meeee? Original?

In all seriousness however, I realize this seems like a little bit more than I can chew. However, honestly, I feel it's going to be much easier to update stories without having to give out choices and having to constantly shift story lines. I can also take this time to fix up some of the inconsistencies in my stories and sort of clean them up. (Although primarily Borderlands, as it has so many inconveniences it's not even funny.)

I do hope you guys can join me over on @VanillaPepsi on Wattpad, and keep giving me feedback on my stories. Very extra special thanks goes to @LiquidChicagoTed and @supersagig, as they have followed me through every one of my stories. Liquid, thank you for the great feedback on my stories, and thanks to sagig for being an overall positive guy. Thanks for the great times on this forum, guys. I'll still check in and read a few stories every so often, and I'm not sure too many people will really care that I'm gone. But thanks anyways for reading all of my stupid stories, and here's to hoping you keep on reading them. :D

• Well, that's crappy news. I really liked this story. When you do have this story up on Wattpad, could you upload a link? I would still like to follow this story.

Hey guys, I guess it's time for me to sit down and talk for a second. I have good news and bad news. I'll go ahead and get the bad news out

• I would like a link also.

Hey guys, I guess it's time for me to sit down and talk for a second. I have good news and bad news. I'll go ahead and get the bad news out

• https://www.wattpad.com/user/VanillaPepsi

Here's a link to my account, so whenever I update you guys can get referred here!

Also, sorry to subject you to the toxic wasteland that is Wattpad. It's members are...unique.

hihitwd posted: »

Well, that's crappy news. I really liked this story. When you do have this story up on Wattpad, could you upload a link? I would still like to follow this story.

• Thanks!

https://www.wattpad.com/user/VanillaPepsi Here's a link to my account, so whenever I update you guys can get referred here! Also, sorry to subject you to the toxic wasteland that is Wattpad. It's members are...unique.

• You went from being chocolate to vanilla xd

I am saddened to hear this but i will try to follow it , the wattpad thing

https://www.wattpad.com/user/VanillaPepsi Here's a link to my account, so whenever I update you guys can get referred here! Also, sorry to subject you to the toxic wasteland that is Wattpad. It's members are...unique.

• Rip in Kill this thread

• Okay guys, I don't think that the whole Wattpad thing is working for most of you, so I was wondering if I could find a compromise...I can still update the stories here, and copy and paste new chapters from Wattpad into this thread, if you'd like. Of course, the Wattpad stories will be updated more frequently, but I was just wondering how this would work for you guys. :D

• I'd say do whatever you would like.

Okay guys, I don't think that the whole Wattpad thing is working for most of you, so I was wondering if I could find a compromise...I can st

• Yep.

Also named my other characters from others stories after venusaur,blastoise, and tyranitar :)

Charizarde

• Either would be fine, but most people seen if you could post a chapter here that would be fine too, since I mainly check this site at least once a day

Okay guys, I don't think that the whole Wattpad thing is working for most of you, so I was wondering if I could find a compromise...I can st

• Alright, here goes. The REAL Chapter 1.

Chapter I

Athens, Greece

Elias sat on a stool, next to his older brother and his father. They were only many amongst a crowd, a crowd of other's from Greece that had gathered to see the newest attraction in town.

The brand new tank that was rolling down the road, followed by the German soldiers. Elias was perfectly silent, simply stating ahead as the soldiers walked past him, some occasionally giving him confused glances considering his surroundings. There was no doubt in his mind that he looked like one of Hitler's super race. The thirteen-year old boy had quite the head of blond hair, as well as some deep, blue eyes. It made him feel terrible, especially when surrounded by his Jewish brothers and sisters. Neither Elias's father nor his mother had even so much as had a tinge of blond resting atop their pretty little heads, but now look at him.

One of Hitler's own.

The thought chilled Elias to the bone, and he squirmed in his chair as he watched the soldiers march through Athens. Elias's brother crossed his arms, then rubbed his nose as he stared angrily at the men. "Fucking ingrates." A distinctly European, Greek sounding accent came through his voice, and Elias's father looked down upon him. "Elijah! Watch your language and be quiet!" The man with the scruffy beard responded, and Elijah only huffed. "That's what they are. Buncha ingrates."

Elias's father only frowned and shook his head. "Do you wish to get your entire family killed for your insolence? Stop it, right now." Elias's father was firm, but kind. He was only looking out for what was best for the family, as Elias thought. Elias frowned, looking at Elijah. "You had better stop." He told his brother, and Elijah looked away. He said nothing else, but did continue staring at the soldiers.

Finally, one of the men walked up to the crowd and began waving his arms in the air. "Get out! Go! Now! Go back to homes!" He yelled in a shaky German accent, obviously showing he didn't know much about the Greek language. Still, the crowd seemed to understood, and if they had fear of anybody they had fear of the Axis powers. The artillery shells from before had killed so many people...Elias was lucky his own home hasn't come toppling down with his family. His father stood up, and put two hands on the backs of his sons, and brought them away from the German line. "We're going to be okay, sons. I promise."

Elijah stated forward, rubbing his nose again. "I'm gonna go fight. I'm gonna make them know who I am. Greek aren't going to be done for, no way." Elijah swallowed, and Elias looked away. Their father once again frowned, shaking his head. "Be quiet boy. You'll get yourself killed. I don't want you to get yourself killed. What will your mother think? Your siblings?"

Elias's father was also a very blunt man. The topics of conversation he carried on about were often times inappropriate for his children. But he lived under the mentality that his children needed to know what the real world was like. Sheltering them would just cause the roof to cave in. But outside, in the real world, there was no roof to fall on their heads. Just the sky and a lot of artillery shells.

"I'm going to do something. I swear I am." Elijah said once again, and his father frowned once more. He was going to get angry. "Are you not listening to me? You need to be quiet. You listen to your father."

Elias began to realize that this was going to turn into another unstoppable debate soon. He watched as the two bickered back and forth again, and rubbed his forehead with annoyance.

Elias lowered his head, looking away from his brother and his father. The two continued to butt heads, until Elias's father threw his hands up in the air. "I am done with you! Die if you must." He spat, storming off towards their own house. Elijah watched and frowned, kicking at the dust in the ground. "Ah. You'd better listen to'em. I'm not. You better, though." Elijah looked down at Elias, and patted the side of his head. "Come on. We'd best follow him." Elias nodded, then followed after his brother like a lost puppy. He trotted along the beaten path, eyeing chunks of concrete and rubble scattered across the ground. A few buildings were nothing but char and ash, having been burnt down by the soldiers who had attacked. During the six-month battle, Greece had fought well. But not well enough. And when artillery began to rain down on the cities, apparently they had enough. Germany and Italy had overtaken Greece. Elias had heard some other army...Belgium, or something, had attacked Greece as well. He personally had seen none of the fighting, but was scared of the German soldiers nonetheless.

Finally, the two caught up to their father, who had reached the house and stepped inside. They followed shortly after, entering inside. The outside appearance of the house was nothing unique. It was in one of the many "suburbs", if that was what you'd like to call it. It was two-stories, white walls and a few windows, nothing too spectacular or flashy. The Nazis were sure to be after it.

Elias waved to his mother, who had quite possibly the most conflicting appearance of all time. Her face was that of a Gentile, but of a Jew's at the same time. It confused poor Elias at times. Elias's father stomped upstairs, and Elijah briskly walked away into the living room, where Elias's other siblings waited. But first, his mother was coming to greet him. Instead of the warm smile however, she instead gave a cold frown. "What is wrong with your father?" The woman kneeled down to get on the same level of the short Elias, who shrugged. "Something with Elijah, I think."

His mother sighed, then stood back up and shook her head. "That boy will give us both heart attacks one day. Go talk to your other brother and your sisters." Elias nodded wholeheartedly, then turned around into the living room to greet his kin. The oldest of his sisters, who was still only eleven years old, was on the floor, same brown hair. Anastazie was her name. Next to her, looking very much alike and being eleven all the same, was Carissa, Anastazie's twin. The two twins sat on the floor with their younger brother, Claeus, who was only nine years old. The three were sitting on the floor with a ball, playing Lice. Anastazie picked up the ball, then tossed it to Carissa, yelling "Tine-Tine!" The girl caught it at first, but then let it go suddenly. "Fourteen lice!" Claeus spoke out, and Carissa frowned. She threw it towards Claeus, saying "Adolf Josef!" She pouted in her corner, and Claeus caught the ball. "Tine-Tine!" He said, throwing it zooming towards the aptly named "Tine-Tine."

She once again missed it, and this time Anastazie giggled in delight. "Fifteen lice! You get a new name, Tine-Tine! You're Tine-Tine Claeus!"

Claeus frowned and Carissa smiled, throwing her head up and down with laughter.

Elijah walked past them and patted Elias's shoulder, before walking outside into the now dawning night. Elias looked upon his remaining siblings, and sat down. "Can I play too?" He asked, and Anastazie nodded. "Yes, you'll be Nazi!" She threw the ball to him, and Elias stared down at it while his sister's laughter filled the air.

FEBRUARY 20th, 1943

THE BATTLE OF KASSERINE PASS BEGINS

Aiden Mathews gripped the gun in his hand, looking down at the dust being kicked up by his own feet. Lines of men walked down the road with him, looking out upon the desert. "Hey! Private!" Aiden wiped the sweat away from his forehead, then turned to his higher-in-command. Corporal Marcus Levine. Aiden didn't want to talk to the Corporal right now. Aiden himself was simple-minded. He was a farm boy who had taken it up upon himself to get in the Second World War after his brothers went ahead and joined themselves. Aiden didn't want to leave his sweet old momma back at home, but he wanted to fight with his brothers.

Too bad he got shipped off to Africa instead. "Yes sir?" Aiden groggily asked from his forward march, turning his head to Cpl. Levine. "You feeling good in this heat? Or is the sun too much for the potato farmer?"

Aiden smirked, and called back at him. "Fuck you too, sir!" Marcus laughed, and then grinned right back at him. "Never mind! Idaho's pretty much a desert anyways, ain't it?"

Aiden laughed at the lovely joke at the expense of his home state, and tried to think of a witty retort back at him. Alas, his thoughts were interrupted by a relatively tall and muscled soldier turning his head and shaking it. "You guys are assholes. Both of you. Especially Levine."

"Alright Sarge." Marcus curled his lips into a smile, as the good old Sgt. Garrett Davis turned his head around. "Where's Ayers at? I see Mathews and Blox, but Ayers has run off again." Sgt. Davis frowned, rubbing the bit of stubble on his chin while still maintaining a forward stomp. The other Private in Aiden's squad, Grady Bloxham, mostly known as Blox, was a slim man with glasses perched on the top of his nose. He had always been the blunt of the group, runt of the litter, whichever you call it. He looked over at Aiden in guilt, knowing something the both of them knew.

Patton Ayers had stayed back at base for a few extra minutes, choosing to hide so he could go and "nab some extra grub." Aiden had tried to reason with Pfc. Ayers while Blox was busy pissing hisself over the idea of German-Africans (fucking dumbass). And now, Aiden Mathews could feel the cold stare of death from his Sergeant. "I saw Blox looking at you, Private. Where's Ayers?"

Private Mathews was really just too quick to sell out his friend, however. "Ayers...stayed back at base, sir. He, uh, wanted more rations. I don't know how he was going to get them."

Sgt. Davis continued walking, silent. "What? Where is Ayers at, Private? Don't lie to me." Mathews took a hand off of his gun and wiped a bead of sweat from his forehead, and adjusted his collar. "I...I told you, sir. He's back at base."

Davis continued walking, but Mathews knew what was about to happen. Another breakdown. It had been in the Sarge's report, as one of those corporate monkeys back in America had told him. When he was being first drafted into this squad, he didn't think much of it. But now...

Blox looked at Mathews and drug a finger along his neck, the universal sign of "Somebody is fucking dead." Mathews turned back to the Sergeant and swallowed with anxiety. What the hell was about to happen? Just do something already!

And do something, he did.

"I am going to have Ayers court-martialed for what he just fucking did. I'm going to call it fucking treason. That's what it is. He's betraying his own goddamn squad so he can have a few pieces of food. When Ayers gets back, I am going to have a talk with him."

Marcus looked at Davis. "Listen, maybe you shouldn't be too hard on Ayers. You don't want another...breakdown, right?"

Davis stayed quiet, looking away from Marcus and straight ahead. Pvt. Mathews continued marching, looking at the ground and sighing. He was seriously hoping he didn't just kill Ayers. That'd be blood on your hands, Mathews. The soldier wiped more sweat from his forehead, kicking a small rock into dust. "Jesus, it's hot out here..." A soldier behind Mathews, stating the obvious, called out to the sky. Nobody paid him attention however, because they were too busy listening to the sound of the engine. "What the hell is..." Marcus looked up at the hill, only to scream with terror. "Tank!" A soldier cried out, and the American soldiers scrambled. A German tank was rolling just over the hill.

Machine gun bullets erupted from it, tearing through two men. A soldier was instantly ripped in half, spilling his guts on to the ground. Mathews did not have time to watch the rest of the army get torn apart, so he instead grabbed Blox and tossed him to the ground by the hill where the tank was coming from. "Blox! Stay down! Stay down!" Mathews screamed, and Blox covered his head with his rifle. "Oh God, oh God!" The man with the glasses screamed, and Mathews turned around to see Marcus and Davis lying down next to them. "What do we do?!" Mathews screamed over the gunfire, and Marcus yelled back. "We're gonna die!"

Motivational, Aiden decided.

Aiden Mathews rolled over, watching as the tank came rolling over the hill. "What is it doing here?! Just one tank?!" Aiden screamed, and Marcus looked up. Davis crawled past him however and shook his head. "It's just some crazy German! I don't know what's wrong with them!"

One poor American soldier had taken cover at the top of the hill, but when the tank came rolling over he realized he was stuck. "No! No please Jesus no!" He screamed, the tank treads rolling over his head, popping it like a balloon. Aiden looked away, feeling tears welling up in his eyes. "Fuck! I can't do this! I can't fucking do this anymore!" He bawled, hitting the the ground with his fist. "Get ahold of yourself Mathews! Just stay alive!" Marcus screamed over more gunfire.

Aiden took a look at the tank, seeing an American soldier climb on the back. He quickly opened the hatch, and dropped a grenade in. "Run!" He yelled, and leapt from the tank as it rolled down the hill. The Americans ran away from the tank in disorderly fashion, some doing so fine and some trying to hold their body parts in as they scrambled. Two Germans came clambering out of the tank, seeing the Americans and jumping out. One pulled a pistol out and tried to shoot, but Marcus and a few other soldiers open fired upon him. The German fell back on to the tank, and other was gunned down and fell to the ground. A burst of fire spouted out from the tank like a baking soda volcano, and a burning soldier came running out, crying and screaming. He was on actual fire, like some damn Tank Engineer of the Apocalypse. "Mama! Maammaa!" He screamed, and the soldiers backed away. "Let him burn!" Davis called out, and the soldiers watched as the German burned. "Mamaaaa! Mama! Bitte!" Aiden looked away from the burning and screaming German, trying to gaze away from the fire.

Finally, the German died, and Aiden thanked God. He looked down at Blox, seeing a darkened area around Blox's crotch. "You pissed your pants?" Marcus said, walking over to Blox and Mathews. "Can you believe this shit? Look at him! Just took a wet one in his pants!"

Aiden swallowed hard, thinking he had almost done it himself.

Soldiers climbed inside the tank, some yelling a cursing about how this one tank just came by and screwed everyone's day up. The Germans, the Americans, everybody's. They began to grab weapons, as a single medic began to tend to the wounded. Sam Santos was his name, and unfortunately ripping out bullets and applying bandages was his game.

PFC Santos hovered over one man in particular, who's arm had been snapped in half by a bullet. "Oh God! My arm! I can't feel it! I can't feel my arm!" The man screamed, and Santos patted the man's chest. "You're gonna be okay, you're gonna be okay..." He sniffles a little bit, holding pressure on the man's arm, but blood continued pouring out. "I can see it...my arm...it's just over there..." Sam turned to where the soldier was looking, seeing his forearm lying on the ground, disembodied completely. "Don't pay attention to that, I'm just gonna bandage you up, okay?" Sam said, still wrapping, up gauze around the bleeding stump.

"My arm...just let me get it..." The man whispered, and Sam shook his head. "No, you just need to stop. So, stop. Please." The man looked at his arm again, and began to growl and cry. "That's my arm!" He yelled, and rolled over onto his stump only to scream in pain. "No! I said no!" Sam cried, grabbing the man and pulling him back. The man slapped Sam away, then began to crawl towards his arm, leaving a trail of blood in his wake. "No! Quit it!" Sam was getting aggravated. He honestly didn't care how delirious this guy was, he was being beyond difficult. And like hell if Sam was going to take that. The soldier's remaining arm gripped ahold of his other hand, holding onto the dead fingers.

He just stared at his hand, and Sam grabbed the man's back and flipped him over, only to see two cold dead eyes staring back at him. "Oh, shit..." Sam sighed, dropping the man's body and sitting back. "Dammit!" He swore, and stood up and away from the now dead soldier on the ground. Sam took a step back and looked away, not wishing to peer down upon the man who's blood was quite literally on his hands.

Sam surveyed the mini-battle that had taken place. Total of eight deaths. Four American soldiers and the four Germans inside the tank. He too was a bit 50/50 on the subject at hand.

On one hand...which, seemed a bit disrespectful to Sam at the point right now. He held his chin in his hand, rubbing the five o' clock shadow that had appeared on his face. He had never really kept facial hair. At home, he had always shaved immediately, despite the many gripes from his wife. He was 33 years old around two months ago, long before he had been drafted into war. Well, perhaps not that long.

Sam walked past the tank, looking up at the damage that had been dealt to it from one simply grenade. Or, rather, to the patrons inside of it. Two men, one laying on the ground and the other on the tank had been shot to death. Another was quietly roasting on the ground, but had previously been screaming and crying for his mother. The other...there would have been one more inside the tank, as Sam guessed it.

Sam clambered on to the top of the armored vehicle, and peered down inside. A few Americans climbed out with guns and weapons, leaving behind only the burning and bloody body parts of a tank driver. Poor kid, Sam decided. He hopped off of the tank, and studied the American losses. The one he had been working on was the only one who had been alive after the tank was destroyed. The three others included one man who had been torn in half by the first barrage of machine gun fire. He lay on the ground in two parts, currently dead. His body still twitched, his finger stiff but moving up and down. Sam held in his lunch, despite not really having been prepared for this. They say a gutted rooster will prepare you for becoming a surgeon, but nothing can prepare you for a living human, one of your fellow soldiers, having been torn into two pieces. Sam stepped away from him, and looked at the other two. One of the others had been pierced by a bullet in the side of his stomach unfortunately. This spilled the soldier's guts, and the man, confused, tried to pull them back in before succumbing to shock, nausea and blood loss. Finally, one American lay on the ground, or rather, in the ground as the tank had embedded his body into the ground. Every bone in the man's body had been crushed, and his head had exploded as the tank rolled over. Now, bits of brain and bone and blood and flesh was stuck to the treads. A soldier came up behind Sam as he studied this with caution, and patted him on the back. "What? You never seen a rooster's insides?"

PFC Santos sighed, and walked after the soldier to begin cleanup.

• Great to see this again! Great part!

Alright, here goes. The REAL Chapter 1. Chapter I 1941 Athens, Greece Elias sat on a stool, next to his older brother and his

• Looking forward to the next part :)

Alright, here goes. The REAL Chapter 1. Chapter I 1941 Athens, Greece Elias sat on a stool, next to his older brother and his

• Yes! So glad to see this is back. I'll definitely be coming back often for updates!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.