The Hunters of Oblivion (Interactive story) CANCELLED

Story Summary

This story is about a team of superheroes, supernaturals and a superhuman type known as "Shadowlings" that venture the world and the demon world in order to hunt down dangerous cryptids, urban legends and demons. Rather then having episodes, the story will be divided into the different contracts that the team takes on. The demons have levels and stats as well as the team, so the team cannot hunt down a demon that is too tough for them. The team improves their levels and stats by killing demons.

Oblivion & Demons

Oblivion is the realm also known as "Hell" or the "Netherworld". It is populated by evil creatures called "demons". Demons are embodiments of the negative human emotions in the world. Demons are not created like most of Earth's inhabitants, they are created in the Forsaken Lake.

The Forsaken Lake: An ocean of a blue lava-like liquid called "Demonspawn". Trillions of demons emerge from it every single second.

Titanskull: A massive castle the size of the moon created out of human bones where the Dark One lives. It is guarded by billions of demons and the throne room is guarded by "Cerberus" the Dark One's personal Hellhound. Its layout changes every day.

Lost Tears Prison: The place where people go when they die regardless of their morality.

Suiciders: Demons that are embodiments of depression and explode into acid when they meet mortals.

Striders: Fleshy dog-like biped creatures that run on all fours and by the time you see them you're dead.

Your superheroes can have any power they want except for immortality.

You can be these supernaturals: Vampire, Werewolf, Werecat, Fairy, Witch, Wizard, Genie.

Shadowlings are humans who have the ability to transform into their "demon" selves.

Character Template

Name:

Superhuman type: (If you're a superhero put down their powers, if you're a supernatural then put which you are)

Weaknesses:

Personality :

Height: (If your character transforms put their normal height and transformed height)

Clothing:

Favoured weapon:

Facial features:

Country of Origin:

Skin tone:

Accent:

Reason for joining the team:

History with demons:

Other info: (If you're a Shadowling describe their demon form)

The Teams

The E.S.A (Elite Superhuman Agency): Specially hired by the government to destroy any threat to Earth.

The Nightcrawlers: Rogue agency that get what they want by any means necessary.

The E.S.A

Jinx (Witch's cat)

November/Seth Steven (Superhuman)

Martin Gomez/Kail (Superhuman)

Lebter Kasis/The Reverser (Superhuman)

Sisu (Superhuman)

Luke Williams/The Rock (Superhuman)

Amber Impyre/Phoenix (Superhuman)

Mikoto Honjo/Shadow (Werecat)

Jason Ulfred IV/'Vĺ' (Superhuman)

Tycho Dukas/Ace (Superhuman)

Saul/Grey (Superhuman)

Sofia Bowman (Superhuman)

Alessa Penz/The Redirector (Superhuman)

Asita Kaur/Thanda (Superhuman)

The Nightcrawlers

Creepswood (Shadowling)

Helenge Sliccan (Witch)

Cameron Bowman/ Black Hawk (Superhuman)

Soul (Superhuman)

The Current Targets

Mr Teddy (Level 5): A demon who apparently lures children into TVs so he can eat them.

Alt text

Chupacabra (Level 1): Responsible for the deaths of cattle in various parts of America.

Alt text

Jersey Devil (Level 1): Stalks and assumably kills innocents.

Alt text

Mothman (Level 8): Is known for causing disasters.

Alt text

The Mascots of Treasure Island Amusement Park (Level 3): Demonic entities said to sacrifice children to the devil.

Alt text

The Anonymous Man (Level 10): Unknown.

Alt text

The Dover Demon (Level 2): Strange creature said to loom around Dover, Massachusetts.

Alt text

The Kraken (Level 7): Giant squid known to destroy ships.

Alt text

Wendigo (Level 5): Demonic half-beast creature appearing in the legends of the Algonquian peoples along the Atlantic Coast and Great Lakes Region of both the United States and Canada.

Alt text

Bloody Mary (Level 10): Uses mirrors as portals into houses so she can kill people.

Alt text

The Boogeyman (Level 15): Eats children.

Alt text

The Dark One (Level 100): Also known as: Satan, The Devil.

Alt text

Users Participating

@Lord_EAA

@NoHopeLeft

@supersagig

@ualexen92

@WildlingKing

@finlander

@LiquidChicagoTed

@knightofangst

@mr.quality

@purugly

E.S.A Level: 1

The Nightcrawlers Level: 1

Comments

• edited February 2015

Can i make a villian character?

Also whats the character limit?

• You can make morally grey characters who may use methods of torture on demons and even people, but you can't make outright villains although your character might become more evil as the story goes on.

The character limit is infinite.

Lord_EAA posted: »

Can i make a villian character? Also whats the character limit?

• okay thanks :).

Oh and will there be any sims inspired cities?

TheFurryOne posted: »

You can make morally grey characters who may use methods of torture on demons and even people, but you can't make outright villains although your character might become more evil as the story goes on. The character limit is infinite.

• Nah, none this time XD

okay thanks . Oh and will there be any sims inspired cities?

• NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO actualy thats okay :)

Nah, none this time XD

• edited February 2015

Name: November/Seth Steven.

Superhuman Ability: A odd ability, if he dies, his powers will allow him to reverse time to about 20 seconds back (or just before he died.) He doesn't know how to control the power, he remember's everything that happens after coming back to life, and will use it to try to keep himself from dying the next time. The ordeal of coming back to life is somewhat distressing and can be quite odd, but as times reverse itself he is simply aware of what's happening, but can not change anything during the refuse. Everything, including his thoughts, will play out in refuse.

Weaknesses: Though his powers makes him very hard to kill, it can be stopped in it's tracks by anything that can outright control time.

Personality: Kind and somewhat quiet. He'll never go too far, but will go to a few extremes, he will kill anyone who posses a large threat.

Height: 5'7".

Clothing: He wears a costume that covers his entire body, it's mainly white but also has blue streaks.

Favored weapon: Dual katanas that fit in a single sheath, appearing to be a single sword. Also carries smoke bombs and assorted items that could be useful.

Facial features: A scar on his right eye from when he fell through a window.

Country of Origin: America.

Skin tone: Light.

Accent: An "American" accent.

Reason for joining the team: To help people.

History with demons: His parents were killed by them, ever since then he was made it his goal to wipe them out.

Other info: Amazing at parkour, climbing, running, and fighting.

Anyway, that's my character, if you have any problems with the power let me know and I'll weaken it.

• edited February 2015

Awesome character! I'll add the weakness part to the CS

NoHopeLeft posted: »

Name: November/Seth Steven. Gender: Male. Age: 16-years-old. Superhuman Ability: A odd ability, if he dies, his powers will allow h

• edited February 2015

Name: Martin Gomez (real) Kail (superhero)

Superhuman type: He can turn things into other things and use telepathia

Personality : Funny , Nervous , KInd , Pensative , Smart

Height: 5,4 Feet tall

Clothing: black and green costume , white slippers

Favoured weapon: Himself

Facial features: a scar throw his nose

Country of Origin: Uruguay

Skin tone: ight-brown

Accent: Latin

Reason for joining the team: He wants to follow his brother legacy

History with demons: His parents were killed by Mothman. He hates him. His brother , who was part of the team before , died to him too.

Other info: Likes Plants

• Thanks for the character!

supersagig posted: »

Name: Martin Gomez (real) Kail (superhero) Gender: Male Age: 13 Superhuman type: He can turn things into other things and use telep

• edited February 2015

Lebter Kasis ( Aka: The Reverser)

Male

Power: Alter peoples personality to their opposite. Good to Evil, Fearless to Fearfull, Hopefull to Despaired, etc. He is also extreamly inteligent. He also can tell what a person (or anything) is feeling just by looking at them.

Weakness: His power will work ONLY if he is in some form of fisical contact (though it works through any clothing). And most highther up deamons are immune to his powers.

Clothing: When in normal attire a wears brown buissness suit and brown tie. When he is in action he puts on this self desined black-blue combat suit wict has a hoodie-like removable mask.

Personality: Lebter is highly unpredictable to many (if not all) members. While he is dedicated to stopping the demons his moral state is very questionable. He is very notable for his intelect. Most especially his ability to tell a persons emotions (its kinda scary when he outright TELLS you what you're feeling). He is also highly studious making sure to know all data know about the demons. Lebter is sometimes very sadistic towards people during "bad days" but mostly for short periods. He hates it when things don't go according to plan.

Height: Average height.

Favorite Weapon: Swords but really likes fire arms.

Facial fetures: Has a small brow beard and black-red eyes.

Country of Origin: United States (but he is of eastern european decent.)

Skin tone: Caucasian

Accent: None but he can very easily fake one.

Reason for joining: He wants to make sure the demons are stopped by any means.

Backround: Lebter became a psycology proffesor due to his ease in reading human emotions. Many belive he may have used his powers to alter people even before he joined the team ( He made a girl hate her boyfriend so she would stop texting him, made the class bully afraid of everyone else, etc). Lebter also spent A LOT of time reading. He even tried to make magic with little sucess. Lebter has proved to be VERY valuable due to his intelect. He is currently trying to make a gun that could transmit his power in the bullet.

History with demons: Although hes never encountered one he can very easily recongnise one.

• Thanks!

Lebter Kasis ( Aka: The Reverser) Male Age: 26 Power: Alter peoples personality to their opposite. Good to Evil, Fearless to Fearf

• No probs :)

Thanks!

• Okay we've got:

Someone who can cheat death

A shape shifter telepath

And a personality altering genius

What are we missing?

• edited February 2015

Okay, I'm not sure if I'm that good with making superheroes but let's give it a try...

Name: Sisu

Age: 30, truly 130, let me explain that: He fell through thin ice on a lake 100 years ago (he was 30 years old) but for some reason he didn't die. However his body froze and he didn't age during the time he was at the bottom of that lake for 100 years. Then suddenly he came up from the lake after a century with his new powers.

Powers: He has extreme strength, meaning he can for example put down a skyscraper with couple of punches and kicks. Also very tough skin, immune to bullets for example and hard to cut with blades etc. On top of all that he cannot feel fear. Oh, and cold doesn't bother him at all :)

Weaknesses: Fire most of all. Also too quick opponents.

Personality: Doesn't talk much and seems to always be serious and grim. However he always keeps his promises and never betrays a friend. Also never ever wants to give up if he has decided to do something.

Height: 5,6 feet

Clothing: Barefooted, black pants, ragged old green jacket (keeps it open)

Favoured weapon: Axe

Facial features: Long-faced, grim look on the blue eyes, thick brown eyebrows, bald.

Country of origin: Finland

Skin tone: As pale as anyone can be

Accent: Well... Finnish, meaning his English vocabulary is not the largest possible and the way he speaks is somewhat clumsy.

Reason for joining: He wasn't sure what to do with his new powers so when he heard about this team he joined it.

History with demons: Not really any, but you can make up something if you want to :)

• Name: Luke Williams/The rock

Superhuman abitility: Superhuman strength. He is really strong. He turns more muscular and taller when he changes.

Weaknesses: He can't turn into his superhuman "mode" if someone doesn't annoy him. He becomes very violent when someone really annoys him so the other people near to him are in danger because he can't see the difference between friends and enemies while being really mad. It's really hard to convince that you're a friend of him if he's trying to attack you, but there's a slight chance of that happening.

Personality: Talktative, makes a lot of jokes, doesn't take shit from anyone, helpful. When he gets angry he becomes really violent. He doesn't hurt his friends unless he becomes really angry (6 metres)

Height: Normally he's 184 cm tall but when he changes he's 250 cm - 6 metres tall (It depends how angry he gets)

Clothing: Normally: white shirt and a black tie and black jeans. When he changes his shirt gets torn but his jeans stay on him.

Favoured weapon: He doesn't really use any weapons. He might throw cars and other stuff like that on his enemies.

Facial features: Has a rugged beard and blue eyes.

Country of origin: USA

Skin tone: Caucasian

Reason for joining the team: I don't know, make something up :D

History with demons: You'll make something up :P

• edited February 2015

Perkele että on kyllä sopiva nimi :D

Okay, I'm not sure if I'm that good with making superheroes but let's give it a try... Name: Sisu Gender: Male Age: 30, truly 130,

• edited February 2015

Here's my first character, I'll do a second one later :)

Alt text

Name: Amber Impyre/Phoenix

Superhuman ability: Amber is able to raise the temperature around her, up to the point where things around her start to burn and even above this. She herself is completely fireproof and can also control fire to a certain degree. She is also able to prevent things around her from burning, a power that is mainly applied to her clothes

Weaknesses: She is not able to stop the fire she starts. While she is able to control it enough to prevent it from spreading, once something burns, she can do nothing against this. She also has a hard time against anything that is immune to fire.

Personality: Amber is hot-headed, temperamental and fun-loving. She is quick to give snarky responses to almost anything and rarely seems to take anything serious. She also likes to playfully mock other people, but never takes it too far. When she is under emotional stress, she is known to have violent outbursts, though she would never hurt her team mates. Underneath all the snarkiness and occasional temper, she has a good heart and would never turn her back on innocent people. She has a fierce hatred against demons or anyone who serves evil and can be frighteningly cruel against them, preferring to cause pain with her powers and showing no mercy towards anyone who has something to do with demons or willingly let's innocent people suffer. Outside of a mission, Amber enjoys being creative. She paints, even though she has little talent and loves to go to the cinema. She also enjoys making bets or playing games and is a light smoker

Height: 5'6

Clothing: Although Amber doesn't like fancy costumes, she wears clothes mainly in a dark red or brown colour pattern, that could also be worn outside of a mission. Perhaps the only thing she wears on a mission that resembles a real costume is a bright orange cloak that is shaped like wings

Favoured weapon: Fire, obviously. Since her powers work extraordinarily quick on existing fires, she carries a small lighter with her, which she uses like a flamethrower. She also owns a short sword to defend herself against everything that is immune to fire.

Facial features: Amber has a pretty face, red hair and light brown eyes. Her eyes appear orange-red when she is using her powers.

Country of Origin: England

Skin tone: Light

Accent: British

Reason for joining the team: As unlikely as it seems, Amber actually wants to use her powers for good. She has never suffered under demons, but has seen what they can do and decided that she can't turn her back on this threat as long as innocent people suffer

History with demons: When Amber was fiftenn years old, she encountered and fought a weak demon who was responsible for slaughtering a family that lived near to her. Even though she managed to kill the demon, it put up a good fight and almost killed her. She found out that it was actually a pretty weak demon and decided to commit herself to fighting them. Ever since, she trained to become stronger

Other info: She is a skilled torturer and able to use her powers to cause almost unbearable pain for humans, simply by raising the body temperature of her victims by a few degrees or by raising the temperature in certain body parts by several degrees.

• Haha, en viittiny viinaa laittaa supervoimien lähteeksi ;D

finlander posted: »

Perkele että on kyllä sopiva nimi

• Thanks!

Okay, I'm not sure if I'm that good with making superheroes but let's give it a try... Name: Sisu Gender: Male Age: 30, truly 130,

• Thanks!

finlander posted: »

Name: Luke Williams/The rock Age: 32 Gender: Male Superhuman abitility: Superhuman strength. He is really strong. He turns more mus

• Thanks!

Here's my first character, I'll do a second one later Name: Amber Impyre/Phoenix Gender: Female Age: 22 Superhuman ability:

• Cool character Liquid :) ( Then again you never dissapoint)

Here's my first character, I'll do a second one later Name: Amber Impyre/Phoenix Gender: Female Age: 22 Superhuman ability:

• Hey FurryOne can i ask a question?

• Yes.

Hey FurryOne can i ask a question?

• Ummn this might be a REALLY odd question but......... are these straight to kill misions?

Because i think that there is some potential in capturing and stuying them. I mean Bloody Mary would 100℅ HAVE to die but creatures like the Mothman CAN be captured.

Yes.

• The main goal is to capture them but depending on the choices made the targets may have to die in battle.

Ummn this might be a REALLY odd question but......... are these straight to kill misions? Because i think that there is some potential in

• oh okay :) Then my question was stupid lul

The main goal is to capture them but depending on the choices made the targets may have to die in battle.

• Wait were gonna try to capture bloody mary.........WERE GONNA TRY TO CAPTURE BLOODY MARY......god help us....

The main goal is to capture them but depending on the choices made the targets may have to die in battle.

• So which monster are you guys looking forward to most?

Mine's Mothman

• Mothman seems nice, and of course I'm looking forward for the Bloody Mary but I must say I'm also interested in the Mascots of Treasure Island Amusement Park :D

So which monster are you guys looking forward to most? Mine's Mothman

• Here's my character. Let me know if there's need of clarification.

Name: Mikoto Honjo/Shadow

Superhuman type: Werecat (Black Panther)

Weaknesses: Allergic to chocolate. She is stuck in her natural form for a day to recuperate after battling in her super battle form.

Personality: Curious, respectful, righteous, brave, pure-hearted, compassionate, territorial but lazy and prefers to laze around reading. She may seem standoffish at first as she talks very little but she is really kind-hearted and compassionate in her own way.

Height: 5’8”

Clothing: Black, black, black. Cargo pants, hoodie and tank top mainly.

Favoured weapon: Long range – Crossbow, Close range – her claws

Facial features: Long silky black hair, mesmerizing emerald green eyes which she hides behind thick black square rimmed non-prescription glasses so it lessens the effect of her eyes.

Country of Origin: Japan

Skin tone: white fair skin

Accent: Japanese accent

History with demons: Her village was destroyed by demons when she was three but she was able to run away to the shrine before she passed out from blood loss and exhaustion from the scratch that she received on her back. She was then raised at the shrine as a miko in training regardless of her being a werecat due to her pure-heart and compassion of the head priest. She was trained to dispel demons. She was 14, she was out hunting when the shrine was destroyed by an army of demons and was killing everyone in it. This triggered her into transforming into her super battle form and she was able to kill all the demons single handedly.

Reason for joining the team: To bring justice to the world and protect innocents so no one has to go through what she has gone through

Other info:

Natural form – small super cute black panther cub, very defenseless except for the cute factor, but in this form she heals and regenerates energy. She has a keen sense of smell, hearing, and sight as well to help survive and escape.

Battle form – transforms into a 200 lb panther that is fast, agile, strong and can cut through steel with her super sharp claws.

Super battle form – enlarged form and is basically an enhanced version of battle form but on two legs, super-fast, super-strong and becomes true to her nickname and can blend with shadows. Looking into her eyes in are hypnotizing and freezes her prey. She can only achieve this form when she is in battle form and can stay in this form until she loses energy and returns to her natural form automatically.

Human form – slim, lean, flexible, athletic, and has great balance. She retains the slash marks that she received on her lower back from the village attack but she easily hides it with the clothes she wears. She retains her keen sense of smell, hearing, and sight from her animal form even when she is human. Can switch from natural form or battle form when she is human. She likes to read and also target practice to keep calm.

• Thanks!

Here's my character. Let me know if there's need of clarification. Name: Mikoto Honjo/Shadow Gender: Female Age: 18 Superhuman

• I've added a new target to the list: The Chupacabra.

• Oh good he fits in nicely :)

I've added a new target to the list: The Chupacabra.

• edited February 2015

I hope you like it...

Name: Human name Jason Ulfred IV and The Demon/Spirit name is ' ʐ'əȵoƧû ɐɔunuuɐΛ ' but hes called My Fallen Angel and usual 'Vĺ'

Age: Jason have 22 year but Demon/Spirit say she is younger than him.

Superhuman type: 'Vĺ' can summon weapon from veil/void.

Weaknesses: 'Vĺ' can not control host for ever, usual she come when is in danger or emotion are very strong.

Personality: Jason is adventurous and playful while the 'Vĺ' is Cool and Calm with a sense of pride and can count on her combat skills to pull them through a tough situation if need be.

Height: Jason have Height: 164 cm Weight: 58 kg and 'Vĺ' have 172 cm Bust: 83 cm (J) Waist: 56 cm Hip: 86 cm Weight: 56 kg

Clothing: 'Vĺ' have some kind of wooden and silver body and Jason usual wear shirt and jeans.

Favoured weapon: 'Vĺ' use sword and shield as main and rarely use shotgun and uses two guns to the entity from far away.

Facial features: Jason look like this main protagonist from far cry 3 Jason http://farcry.wikia.com/wiki/Jason_Brody

Country of Origin: Jason is from Romania and she is from Veil/Void it self.

Skin tone: Jason look like this main protagonist from far cry 3 Jason http://farcry.wikia.com/wiki/Jason_Brody

Accent: Jason have american accent but 'Vĺ' is like Marzia lower voice in echo.

Reason for joining the team: She want to REAL to feel what we feel once more again and he want back his girl.

History with demons: Jason girl firend is in coma, usual pray to gods to all of them but one day he heard a crying voice that was like his girl friend he try to reach it when he touch snap of light got him then he pass out when he awake was not alone anymore, a strange 'friend' voice was spoke.

Other info:
    Jason is come from rich family that say are heirs of Vlad The Impaler or related to him, when all his family die long time ago he was just little scary boy, at adolescence in middle of winter from his mansion/castle he look through windows and see alone red hooded girl in snow he run to help she after a few day he feel in love with girl but soon she got into a coma and never wake up, after that day he create and underground facility and trying to find way to bring she back he also praying in his sanctuary after 'Vĺ' reach to him he use it self at test subject thinking after life is key for saving his red hooded girl.

'Vĺ' look like this:
    Alt text
    Alt text
    she does not understand what good and evil mean but is well aware that she must leave the body as two souls In one single body can not stand for much longer, she usually teaches and tell him hes opinion when 'Vĺ' reach out he can not control his body anymore.

• Thanks!

ualexen92 posted: »

I hope you like it...   Name: Human name Jason Ulfred IV and The Demon/Spirit name is ' ʐ'əȵoƧû ɐɔunuuɐΛ ' but hes called My Fallen An

• Is he a Shadowling?

I hope you like it...   Name: Human name Jason Ulfred IV and The Demon/Spirit name is ' ʐ'əȵoƧû ɐɔunuuɐΛ ' but hes called My Fallen An

• there are too different soul in one body when 'Vĺ' reach out Jason body complete transform in something different and yeah if Shadowling mean perform transformation from human to demon is mean that he is Shadowling however he still have human soul and can talk to 'Vĺ' head.

Is he a Shadowling?

• edited February 2015

btw "Reason for joining the team: " I want Jason to try to captures every creature for studding instead of killing and 'Vĺ' want to purified the world of creature kind of bady so they are always go intro conflicts hes head will be messy.

there are too different soul in one body when 'Vĺ' reach out Jason body complete transform in something different and yeah if Shadowling mea

• Awesome character also nice to meet you im Lord :)

Sign in to comment in this discussion.