Rhys X Fiona Confirmed Season Finale "The Vault of The Traveler" Spoilers!!

Comments

• BUT WHERE IS VAUGHN??? ;___;

• So... when do we stop using spoiler tags? In a couple of days or what?

• What choices you did? I didn't see that.)

• Okay, so I think one of the biggest problems was the hype Telltale generated before this episode. Honestly, I think it set us up for disappointment. See, I think Telltale saw this going very differently. They probably figured when Rhys and Sasha had a scene like that we'd all start play fighting in the threads and having fun-filled "shipping wars" and such. I don't think they realized that when you give a legit advantage to one side the reaction is going to be a lot more...muted from the opposition than you figured. This didn't fire us up. Mostly it just made as glum and disappointed and sadly cast a shadow for us on what was otherwise a very fun and enjoyable episode.

Sadly, Rhyiona moments were extremely thin on the ground in this episode. Hell, their only real scenes together only happen if you chose to trust Fiona in the last episode. And even in those scenes their dialogue never gets all that shippy and it's mostly about action anyway. This, of course, makes me second-guess myself and ask have there been any legitimate shippy moments between them at all? Basically the only one I came up with is the start of episode two where they're sleeping on each others' shoulder and have the brief awkward moment afterwards. I think that scene alone is what bought so many Rhyiona converts after episode two.

But sadly that scene has nothing on the unskipable, unavoidable Rhys and Sasha scene in this episode. And the irritating thing is this scene is going to win over people who are neutral on the concept. Let's face it, most people are going to give Sasha that flower. The only reason we didn't is because we're holding out hope for an alternate ship choice in the vague future. But most people aren't shippers, and since Fiona hasn't really gotten any romantic push, most people are just going to assume Sasha is the love interest. This unfortunately puts even less pressure on Telltale for alternate choices and will likely swell the ranks of Rhysha shippers, further diminishing the need to "throw us a bone."

So, sad to say, but we're at a major disadvantage right now, Which isn't to say it's impossible, but we're definitely on the defensive. Unfortunately, it's all going to come down to episode 4 for us. If Rhys and Fiona don't get any significant hints in that episode and it remains just "ohhh we're friends who snipe at each other" then I'd say by that point we are indeed sunk, because I don't believe Telltale can pull a romance out of their hat in a single episode. At the very least not a good one.

My hope is that episode four will give us an extended, required scene with Fiona and Rhys (it's doesn't have to be some silly Avatar-like setting thing, as that frankly wouldn't suit Rhys and Fiona's relationship or Fiona's character) where they get some good hints, then in episode five they let you pick. That would be the ideal scenario right now. As it stands, it's all gonna come down to episode four probably. So cross your fingers, say your prayers and offer up your spiritual energy to Goku because it's gonna be another long wait.

• edited June 2015

imageimage" alt="Alt text" title="Optional title" />

Wow that came out weird...

ABigBadWolf posted: »

I'll post it this week, I promise.

• I can't see the picture.

MarteenPyro posted: »

" alt="Alt text" title="Optional title" /> Wow that came out weird...

• edited June 2015

They probably figured when Rhys and Sasha had a scene like that we'd all start play fighting in the threads and having fun-filled "shipping wars" and such.

Didn't they say on Twitter they expected a "civil war"? Naw, Telltale, you should know us better than that.

I do think it's ridiculous to ignore one side though, especially considering how huge that side is. I'm gonna wait for episode 4 but I am definitely disappointed that we're not worth a choice so far. It sucks a part of the excitement out of us. I can't even enjoy Sasha's character properly now.

• you have to trust handsome jack and when you are at this area with beautiful trees you have to talk to vaughn when he's alone, he'll be pissed and he'll talk to rhys by himself when you tell loader bot to move some stuff :)

Vernaya posted: »

What choices you did? I didn't see that.)

• i think that's the most saddest part of this episode :(

but there's no way vaughn betrayed rhys.

nohuhhuh posted: »

BUT WHERE IS VAUGHN??? ;___;

• if that how this is gonna look, i'd prefer no romance, no rhysha or rhyiona, because it's really not fair...

They probably figured when Rhys and Sasha had a scene like that we'd all start play fighting in the threads and having fun-filled "shipping

• I'd also prefer no romance if they don't give us a choice (in a choice based game... yikes).

But I'm still gonna root here and see what comes out of episode 4. Just going to hope it's fair now.

xfuriouss posted: »

if that how this is gonna look, i'd prefer no romance, no rhysha or rhyiona, because it's really not fair...

• Alt text

Remember when we all thought "love is in the air" was just an elaborate troll on both ships and had nothing to do with confirming Rhysha? Yeah, those were better days...

• I just hope he's not dead! ;---;

xfuriouss posted: »

i think that's the most saddest part of this episode but there's no way vaughn betrayed rhys.

• when the whole squad is away to avoid spoilers

Alt text

• edited June 2015

When the bae likes what she sees

Alt text

EDIT: Didn't mean to reply but it still works :P

when the whole squad is away to avoid spoilers

• edited June 2015

Alt text

Alt text

Alt text

Alt text

Alt text

Alt text

94 wonderful souls. <3

• I am waiting for the game to download super slow. So I watch the trailer for the episode and it looked very Rhysha. I'm not against it but I do think Fiona is just a better fit for Rhys (if they're actually going to go with romance). So I came here to look for encouragement that its not set in stone and I see all you fans with your heads hanging low and I haven't even gotten to play yet. I wish I could give you all a pick me up speech from the bottom of my ignorance of the third episode but...........oh hey its done! Be back in a couple hours

• when the bae's too good

Alt text

Green613 posted: »

When the bae likes what she sees EDIT: Didn't mean to reply but it still works :P

• Just an update for you all, I've edited the OP title so people will be aware that episode 3 will be spoiled in here, so no need for you guys to spoiler tag your stuff anymore ^-^

• It'll take more than that to bring us down lmao

I am waiting for the game to download super slow. So I watch the trailer for the episode and it looked very Rhysha. I'm not against it but I

• Fiona with no hat <3

When the bae likes what she sees EDIT: Didn't mean to reply but it still works :P

• tfw you get to the end of the episode and there was no choice to give your flower to Fiona

Alt text

when the bae's too good

• @Green613

I can't believe you edited the OP. It's ten times better now. <3

• But walf I change mah pic </3

• I don't want to give her a flower. I want to give her my heart. <3

tfw you get to the end of the episode and there was no choice to give your flower to Fiona

• sry bud ;-; on it

But walf I change mah pic </3

• I edited it with one more ;]]]]

@Green613 I can't believe you edited the OP. It's ten times better now.

• So anyone else notice that Rhys and Fiona seem to be alot more friendly to each other now in the future. Like if you dont Trust Jack in the Caravan, Fiona tells Rhys that she didnt think he had it in him, which makes Rhys kinda just turn away and look sad ;-;

• Also, trusting Fiona had a nice feel to it for the intro, I liked that. Also cards op

Alt text

• edited June 2015

Alt text

• lmao I was actually wondering what the scene looked like if you hadn't given him his boot back

NICE

I edited it with one more ;]]]]

• I thought Fiona was gonna be snarky when I said "I trusted her" but she just said "Thanks :D" and it was just ???? are you trolling me or what is this.

• @Bloop @Poogers555 read my post above, you don't need to spoiler tag your stuff anymore :P I'll put it in huge words so everyone can see it.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO SPOILER TAG YOUR POSTS ANYMORE

• Yup. I actually really liked how she just looks at Rhys when hes all sad. Also, that whole talk with Jack makes me feel like its foreshadowing Rhys death, and he will die either a good or bad guy.

I thought Fiona was gonna be snarky when I said "I trusted her" but she just said "Thanks " and it was just ???? are you trolling me or what is this.

• This is my favourite screencap cause it perfectly describes what we've been doing here for three months,

• I'm gonna keep missing this thread because of the title change lmao

• Please no... enough of PCs dying. ;-;

Poogers555 posted: »

Yup. I actually really liked how she just looks at Rhys when hes all sad. Also, that whole talk with Jack makes me feel like its foreshadowing Rhys death, and he will die either a good or bad guy.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.