Anybody know how to get CMI working perfectly on windows XP?

2»

Comments

• edited June 2009
    I am not sure, but IIRC; you shouldn't use the original COMI menu for saving the game.
  • edited June 2009
    Yeah, just tried it. Saving and loading in the COMI menu doesn't actually do anything. But at least it's there. The settings seem to still work. And there's nothing wrong with saving in the ScummVM menu.
  • edited June 2009
    Well there you go! There's no reason not to use ScummVM.

Except that I don't need it, because I got the CMI working under XP without ScummVM. Sure I could use it just for fun, but I don't see the point.

I haven't tried ScummVM with CMI, so I don't know how the menus work, but someone did say earlier in this thread that original menus don't work. Same happened also with SMI and LCR. Losing the original menus, was the reason why I rather play SMI and LCR with DOS emulator than with ScummVM.
  • edited June 2009
    i fought the rats back in th' big war!
  • edited June 2009
    Except that I don't need it, because I got the CMI working under XP without ScummVM. Sure I could use it just for fun, but I don't see the point.

Well, if you've already got it working fine...then...yeah. No point.
    I haven't tried ScummVM with CMI, so I don't know how the menus work, but someone did say earlier in this thread that original menus don't work. Same happened also with SMI and LCR. Losing the original menus, was the reason why I rather play SMI and LCR with DOS emulator than with ScummVM.

It was mentioned on the last page that the original menus ARE intact and you just have to pres F1 to get it to display. The only problem is it doesn't actually save and load but it's still there. And the settings works. And there's not much difference between SMI/MI2's menus and the built-in classic-style menu in ScummVM other than custom colour schemes. Not a huge loss. CMI, on the other hand, was completely different. But still accessible!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.