14 days left!

Wow, doesn't the countdown in the home page makes you even more excited about the new Monkey Island adventures?

I can't wait for it! Thanks Telltale for making this one of the best years for me! :-)

Comments

• edited June 2009
    omg omg omg omg
    What has happened to me?
    I went from being a normal guy to being completely obsessed with this site, checking it every 5 mnuutes 24/7. It's sick.
  • edited June 2009
    TTG should come with a warning label. "Warning: May cause serious nostalgia flashbacks and some individuals may experience addictiveness bordering madness."
  • edited June 2009
    a new screenshot would be nice :)

...or an mp3 of some music ;)
  • edited June 2009
    ss_preview_talesofmi_guybrush_monkey.jpg.jpg

From Eurogamer. I guess it counts as a new screenshot. :p
  • edited June 2009
    Attachment not found.

W00t! (Horrible picture I know - cell phone camera)
  • edited June 2009
    Damm, only 14 days to find someone with a credit card. Lousy bank. >_>
  • edited June 2009
    omg omg omg omg
    What has happened to me?
    I went from being a normal guy to being completely obsessed with this site, checking it every 5 mnuutes 24/7. It's sick.

My thoughts exactly.
    Well..er... oppisite gender though. :p
  • edited June 2009

It's new to me! I like it.
  • edited June 2009

Yes! One of the best screenshots I've seen, actually.
  • edited June 2009
    The screenshot looks nice. Cool lab of SCIENCE.

Does the counter make me more excited? Not really. Perhaps it's the fact that I won't be playing Tales until the 11th, though.
  • edited June 2009
    nice new pic :)
  • edited June 2009
    only 2 weeks away from the biggest comeback in gaming history, can't wait!!!
  • edited June 2009
    13 days now! :D
  • edited June 2009
    only 2 weeks away from the biggest comeback in Adventure gaming history, can't wait!!!
    Fixed!

Seriously, let's face it, as much as I love MI, Starcraft 2 is in the works and that's a game that didn't get a sequel for a looong time.
  • edited June 2009
    I agree this is hardly the biggest comeback in the gaming industry.

But it's going to be one of the best (I hope).
  • edited June 2009
    Mack Daddy wrote: »
    Attachment not found.

W00t! (Horrible picture I know - cell phone camera)

what exactly did you take a picture of.? just uh?

This would be the biggest thing in adventure gaming if that said Monkey Island 5 note that it does not
  • edited June 2009
    actually i cant remember of bigger gaming come back, not talking about quality, just of the franchise popularity

and u can not compare starcraft which is one game with monkey island series, also quality aside
  • edited June 2009
    and u can not compare starcraft which is one game with monkey island series, also quality aside
    Okay then. Replace Starcraft 2 with Diablo 3. Happy now?

And what does "Quality aside" even mean in this context?
  • edited June 2009
    TTG should come with a warning label. "Warning: May cause serious nostalgia flashbacks and some individuals may experience addictiveness bordering madness."
    Accurate! Some of us have been waiting for QUALITY games since 2004. I speak, specifically, for the upcoming Jane Jenson game, called, "Grey Matter." This is a game I will purchase, blind (without demo) because I trust Jane to write an exceptional story.

To topic: What the hell is wrong with Generation Y? Why can't they accept that they do not have entitlement? Two weeks, fer chrissakes! They have no idea what it is to wait for a game to be fully developed. These are toads and tools. Anyone who "can't wait" for a game to be delivered in 4 (nay 2 more weeks) is a geek of the most disdainful type. Screw these losers!

Give us MI as you see fit. I will even wait until August 7th, if you need that time to make the game perfect. Anyone who moans about a mere two weeks for a quality game should be ignored as the crybaby suck-ass that they show themselves to be.
  • edited June 2009
    it means i m not arguing which game is better in its own standard, or genre, but talking only about franchise itself

i don't think that diablo 3 is bigger gaming comeback to Monkey Island of several reasons

monkey island has 4 sequels, with first one released much before diablo 1. diablo has two sequels, with first released 12 years ago. both last installments of the two series as for now are released 9 years ago.

yes, diablo 1 is one of the best game (as is Monkey Island), and diablo 3 is probably gonna be more expensive budget title then Tales of MI or SE, but when i say "come back" i m not taking into observation quality of new games, just the come back itself.
  • edited June 2009
    What time of the day will the episode be released?
  • edited June 2009
    i don't think that diablo 3 is bigger gaming comeback to Monkey Island of several reasons

monkey island has 4 sequels, with first one released much before diablo 1. diablo has two sequels, with first released 12 years ago. both last installments of the two series as for now are released 9 years ago.
    That... doesn't make any sense at all :confused:

But whatever, that's not what we're here to discuss. Yay for ToMI, and only 13 days left \o/
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009
    Let's keep it civil. You can't claim someone feels entitled and then repeatedly self-righteously crap on them. It doesn't work that way.

We don't know what time exactly the game will be releasing. Historically, we've usually released them by noon pacific time on the announced day, but I can't say for certain!
  • edited June 2009
    Sheepbrush wrote: »
    What time of the day will the episode be released?
    If released by Midnight+1 second on July 7th( pacific time) , then TT has obliged its prediction. If released on July 7th( just before midnight) then its projected obligations have been met. Asking for the specific hour is the height of geekdom. You shame yourself and your mom and dad for asking
  • edited June 2009
    xaRoc there's a big difference in waiting for something to be released in a few years or even months versus something that's being released in two weeks. The wait for the two-weeks release is INSANELY more difficult than the wait for something a few years away.
  • edited June 2009
    PS chill the f*ck out
  • edited June 2009
    Duate wrote: »
    xaRoc The wait for the two-weeks release is INSANELY more difficult than the wait for something a few years away.
    No, it isn't, except before true adventurers. Only those who rely on walkthroughs are adventures who pine for adventures within "a few weeks."
  • edited June 2009
    I...

what?
  • edited June 2009
    I...

what?
    I've just identified you as someone who completes adventure games with a walkthrough. What's so difficult for you to understand that I gleen you and your ilk?
  • edited June 2009
    I...

what?
  • edited June 2009
    Xocrates wrote: »
    I...

what?
    Unlike Duante, you are clearly not capable of producing an intelligent reply, so I'll speak to you in the language you are most accostomed to:
    Good doggy! Nice Boy!
  • edited June 2009
    You're funny. I like you.
  • edited June 2009
    Don't be a jerk, xaRoc.
  • edited June 2009
    xaRoc wrote: »
    I've just identified you as someone who completes adventure games with a walkthrough. What's so difficult for you to understand that I gleen you and your ilk?
    wait

you think that because we're excited for a new MI game to come out, that means we use walkthroughs to beat them?

you must have a PhD in logic or something :)

sorry guys, anybody who enjoys playing videogames HAS TO use a walkthrough. it's the law of xaRoc. she's so smrat
  • edited June 2009
    Unlike Duante, you are clearly not capable of producing an intelligent reply, so I'll speak to you in the language you are most accostomed to:
    Good doggy! Nice Boy!
    And I'll reply to you in the language YOU are most accustomed to. BRAY! BRAY! BRAY! HEEHAW!
  • edited June 2009
    Good doggy! Nice Boy!

well i KNOW you're a marvel of intelligence now when you can look at a person's handle like 3 inches away and STILL MISSPELL IT

you are so rebellious
  • edited June 2009
    I don't feel very good about all the hostility in here...come on guys IT'S MONKEY ISLAND!
  • edited June 2009
    C'mon guys, Obvious Troll is Obvious (yes, I know that is a really stupid meme). Just stop feeding it.
  • edited June 2009
    No, it isn't, except before true adventurers. Only those who rely on walkthroughs are adventures who pine for adventures within "a few weeks."

I just wanted to say that this statement makes no sence to me either ;)
  • edited June 2009
    well i KNOW you're a marvel of intelligence now when you can look at a person's handle like 3 inches away and STILL MISSPELL IT

you are so rebellious
    :) Scoff all you want. You know I have pegged you for what you are. Deny it all you want. I expect you'll fool this crowd, even ... but you and I know it's fact.
    Doomduck wrote: »
    I just wanted to say that this statement makes no sence to me either ;)
    Impatience. That's the key.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.