It all makes sense why they're making this game

2»

Comments

• Yeah I know...

Nope. but one of these two theories is true. 1: For them. It is just money for the sake of money, like EA! 2: They have a genuine aristic vision. Take your pick

• Minecraft is the new

Alt text

Kids gotta have something to do.

• You guys do realize people thought the same thing about Walking Dead when Telltale announced that game, right? Of course, that's not to say that Minecraft has potential for an emotionally gripping story in the same way that Walking Dead had, but, Telltale often does a good job of exceeding expectations in terms of story quality. People thought Walking Dead was going to be some generic zombie story with average characters that rode off of a popular TV show, and likewise with Borderlands, people thought that game was just going to be about guns/memes/explosions and ride off of the popularity of the shooter series. However, Telltale generally does a great job at finding a captivating angle of the franchise to tell a story about, even if some of their choices of series to make story-based games about might initially seem odd at face value.

A large part of what Telltale always talks about when they pick a franchise is how big of fans they all are about the franchises they choose. Speaking as a somewhat longtime fan of Telltale (since like 2008), even if their franchises nowadays are more popular (like Game of Thrones, Minecraft, Borderlands, Walking Dead) and less niche like Fables (source material of Wolf Among Us), Sam and Max, etc, I don't think that dilutes Telltale's enthusiasm to work with these series, and it certainly shows in the attention to detail that Telltale puts into the stories they write.

• there most likely gonna make a great amount of money

Lehfeels posted: »

But the thing is im just saying there most likely gonna make a great game resulting in us fans loving the heck out of it and while we enjoy it they profit so its win/win situation honestly

• edited April 2015

And were all most likely gonna enjoy the amazing writing from minecraft story mode so its a win/win situation

Talimancer posted: »

there most likely gonna make a great amount of money

• "amazing writing"

Can't wait to get my amazing Steve plot twists

And were all most likely gonna enjoy the amazing writing from minecraft story mode so its a win/win situation

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

They've confirmed that Steve won't be in Minecraft: Story Mode.

"amazing writing" Can't wait to get my amazing Steve plot twists

• I actually cant wait for this I think it will be unique and cool

I feel like posts like this should be quarenteened and sent to a warfield filled with mines. -_- DO YOU PEOPLE NOT GET HOW HARD THEY'RE WORKING FOR YOU, AND YOU CHOOSE TO MAKE A JOKE OUT OF IT?! Jesus christ...

• edited April 2015

Yeah steve aint in this they confirmed a couple months ago i think so you can expect telltale to make up a amazing unique story telltale rarely has failed us they put alot of effort into the games they make

"amazing writing" Can't wait to get my amazing Steve plot twists

• Except from, ya'know the Walking Dead Season 2

Yeah steve aint in this they confirmed a couple months ago i think so you can expect telltale to make up a amazing unique story telltale rarely has failed us they put alot of effort into the games they make

• edited April 2015

well luckily the first 2-3 episodes were good so season 2 was not all wasted to be honest

Except from, ya'know the Walking Dead Season 2

• It is quite a Uniqe approach from Telltale.

I actually cant wait for this I think it will be unique and cool

• Yeah, maybe. But making a story out of Minecraft is like getting blood from a stone, the whole point of Minecraft was that there was no story.

well luckily the first 2-3 episodes were good so season 2 was not all wasted to be honest

• well that sounds good to me since telltale can express full creativity

Yeah, maybe. But making a story out of Minecraft is like getting blood from a stone, the whole point of Minecraft was that there was no story.

• Except that they have never made a story on their own, they always have needed a base.

well that sounds good to me since telltale can express full creativity

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited April 2015

Cough Puzzle Agent 1 & 2 as well as their upcoming "Super Shows" cough

Except that they have never made a story on their own, they always have needed a base.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.