Official Rhysha Thread (Episode 5 Spoilers)

Comments

• Look who decided to change her profile picture,glad you like it.

20 minutes into Quick Change machine & chill and Rhys gives Sasha this look:

• Tbh, I don't know why Telltale isn't doing anything for you guys.

Like, for realsies. You guys were about to have a moment finally, and Telltale nope'd it.

:(

Poogers555 posted: »

20 minutes into the audio files and you find out it was originally quick change machine and chill with Fiona

• It's pretty awesome, Zap. It fits me perfectly.

ZapThroat posted: »

Look who decided to change her profile picture,glad you like it.

• enter image description here

Like, they could have included it if you dont buy Sasha anything, but instead teliporting Sasha was a better choice

Tbh, I don't know why Telltale isn't doing anything for you guys. Like, for realsies. You guys were about to have a moment finally, and Telltale nope'd it.

• Seems August isn't really happy about it....

20 minutes into Quick Change machine & chill and Rhys gives Sasha this look:

• He still misses Sashe...

Nah,Who am I kidding?He tried to kill her.

GrumpyDof posted: »

Seems August isn't really happy about it....

• edited September 2015

Four episodes' worth of developing a romantic relationship between Rhys and Sasha, only for a Rhyiona ship tease moment to come out of nowhere and bring the whole thing crumbling to the ground, not to mention leave the whole situation ambiguous as hell? That'd be "forced" and a really bad decision.

And these cut audio files do constitute as "doing something" for Rhyiona fans. Stuff like that fuels the imagination and gives shippers incentive to keep on shippin', regardless of whether their pairing never came to be in canon.

I shipped Beast Boy and Raven in Teen Titans. When Terra came along and pretty much ruined any chances of BBRae happening, I was really pissed off for a while, but I didn't give up because the writers gave us tons of stuff to work with beforehand.

It's not the end of the world.

Tbh, I don't know why Telltale isn't doing anything for you guys. Like, for realsies. You guys were about to have a moment finally, and Telltale nope'd it.

• edited September 2015

That'd be "forced" and a really bad decision.

Don't really want to start a flame war right now, but Rhysha comes off insanely forced to me considering these things can happen in my game even though I made the game know I hate her by choosing basically every option to keep her away from me. Why can I still get options to romance her if I haven't had any romantic development with her for all 4 episodes?

Four episodes' worth of developing a romantic relationship between Rhys and Sasha, only for a Rhyiona ship tease moment to come out of nowhe

• Leluch123Leluch123 Banned
    edited September 2015

Why can I still get options to romance her if I haven't had any romantic development with her for all 4 episodes?

And why north is north?, why the handsome guy always gets the girl? Why every spaceship in universe is shaped like a cock?

It's destiny Green....and bad things happens to those that oppose it....just sayin

Green613 posted: »

That'd be "forced" and a really bad decision. Don't really want to start a flame war right now, but Rhysha comes off insanely forced

• Can't they just give me a choice .-.

That's all I'm sad about V-V

Leluch123 posted: »

Why can I still get options to romance her if I haven't had any romantic development with her for all 4 episodes? And why north is n

• Oh boy..

enter image description here

That'd be "forced" and a really bad decision. Don't really want to start a flame war right now, but Rhysha comes off insanely forced

• See, I would've just guessed that Telltale only wanted to focus on more than romance. They picked Rhysha to be a romantic subplot then focused on more plot-driving things that matter more than the ships.

That's what I would've guessed.

Hearing that they swapped out Fiona for Sasha dialogue, I'm not sure what Telltale is attempting in the romantic-subplot now.

Can't they just give me a choice .-. That's all I'm sad about V-V

• They swapped it cuz they dont like us very much I guess ;-;

See, I would've just guessed that Telltale only wanted to focus on more than romance. They picked Rhysha to be a romantic subplot then focu

• It all boils down to Telltale wanting one thing and you wanting another. It seeming "forced" is just a natural progression to actively opposing the pairing Telltale wants to develop. They never touted this as a dating simulator.

• pairing Telltale wants to develop

Well I don't want that pairing they want to develop. Hell, they're so bent up on always giving the player a "choice" all the time, so why can't they give me one?

It all boils down to Telltale wanting one thing and you wanting another. It seeming "forced" is just a natural progression to actively opposing the pairing Telltale wants to develop. They never touted this as a dating simulator.

• edited September 2015

But why force people into something they dont want, that obviously isnt a massive story plot, and needs to happen. Why not just let them say, no, I aiiiiiint having any of that.

It all boils down to Telltale wanting one thing and you wanting another. It seeming "forced" is just a natural progression to actively opposing the pairing Telltale wants to develop. They never touted this as a dating simulator.

• No offense, but tough titties.

And your argument about them always giving you a choice is extremely flimsy at best. It implies things that Telltale have never explicitly stated themselves.

pairing Telltale wants to develop Well I don't want that pairing they want to develop. Hell, they're so bent up on always giving the player a "choice" all the time, so why can't they give me one?

• Destiny....

But why force people into something they dont want, that obviously isnt a massive story plot, and needs to happen. Why not just let them say, no, I aiiiiiint having any of that.

• Exactly, it's not a massive story plot, so why dedicate extra time to it when they already have something set in stone?

• Well, if every choice you make is to try to avoid it but you cant, its kinda annoying.

Example: Tell Fiona and Sasha about Jack, they both get pissed. 2 seconds later Sasha seems to forget the whole thing and is all "oh Rhys I love you."

No offense, but tough titties. And your argument about them always giving you a choice is extremely flimsy at best. It implies things that Telltale have never explicitly stated themselves.

• Thats not what I meant.

its not like Rhys and Sasha NEED to be together for the story to progress. It doesnt. So why do they make the game about choices that way?

Exactly, it's not a massive story plot, so why dedicate extra time to it when they already have something set in stone?

• That's not even remotely how it happened, but okay.

Well, if every choice you make is to try to avoid it but you cant, its kinda annoying. Example: Tell Fiona and Sasha about Jack, they both get pissed. 2 seconds later Sasha seems to forget the whole thing and is all "oh Rhys I love you."

• edited September 2015

But it is. Everyone gets mad at Rhys for having Jack with him, and then everyone just seems to forget it. The only person who mentions him is Fiona and she seems to forget she was mad aswell.

That's not even remotely how it happened, but okay.

• I think she's being professional about this whole thing after all they on enemy territory and squabbling about stuff would do them good.

But it is. Everyone gets mad at Rhys for having Jack with him, and then everyone just seems to forget it. The only person who mentions him is Fiona and she seems to forget she was mad aswell.

• Except Rhys has a chance to apologize to Sasha at the Quick Change machine...

She is willing to forgive him, but her lack of response is indicative of someone who is weary and still a little pissed off.

• Yeah but like I said, based on your choices, it shouldnt work, what if I didnt say sorry?

Except Rhys has a chance to apologize to Sasha at the Quick Change machine... She is willing to forgive him, but her lack of response is indicative of someone who is weary and still a little pissed off.

• edited September 2015

No offense, but tough titties.

Your Rhysha bias shows clearly in your argument, it's really no use trying to debate with you. You don't listen at all. Why is it tough titties for trying to get a say in the matter? I'm sure you would feel the exact same way as I do if Rhyiona was canon rather than Rhysha.

No offense, but tough titties. And your argument about them always giving you a choice is extremely flimsy at best. It implies things that Telltale have never explicitly stated themselves.

• No. I wouldn't incessantly denounce someone else's ship as forced just because I don't understand how creative freedom works. Your debating skills are sorely lacking when your only argument is "I don't like this pairing. Let's call it forced even though it's been built up ever since Episode 1. My disillusionment with the lack of ship-related choices (even if Telltale never promised anything like it) shall be my only salient point!"

No offense, but tough titties. Your Rhysha bias shows clearly in your argument, it's really no use trying to debate with you. You do

• trying to get a say in the matter

sorry to say that but who are you to say how TT should make their games? It goes for all of us Green. They pay people to write script and you except them to change it because some fans are unhappy about it? We're just a fans we can voice our likes or dislikes but that's all. Whenever the developer listens or not it's their choice, that's all it is to it.

No offense, but tough titties. Your Rhysha bias shows clearly in your argument, it's really no use trying to debate with you. You do

• It's not because I don't like it Is why it's forced, I pretty clearly said why I thought it was forced in my other reply. At least have the decency to go through my post before you call my argument sorely lacking. And built from episode 1?Lmao, I never picked that though, so why are they still clearly falling for eachother in episode 4?

No. I wouldn't incessantly denounce someone else's ship as forced just because I don't understand how creative freedom works. Your debating

• edited September 2015

Fuck. These Rhyionas have pissed me off too much. I couldn't even post one thing without them coming out the woodwork with their half-assed arguments.

I know this is generalizing, but "friendly community" my sweet patootie. XD

• edited September 2015

My problem is that they advertise their games so much on the choice factor, and they aren't giving me any choice. I'm obviously not telling them what to do, since yes it is their choice, but I am allowed to express my distaste for their choices, which is what I'm doing.

trying to get a say in the matter sorry to say that but who are you to say how TT should make their games? It goes for all of us Gre

• edited September 2015

It's useless to try and argue with them. I'mma just give you a "Bravo" for echoing my sentiments and be done with this.

trying to get a say in the matter sorry to say that but who are you to say how TT should make their games? It goes for all of us Gre

• Well,I need to grab more popcorn..

grabs more popcorn

It’s gonna be a long night.

Fuck. These Rhyionas have pissed me off too much. I couldn't even post one thing without them coming out the woodwork with their half-assed arguments. I know this is generalizing, but "friendly community" my sweet patootie. XD

• Do you guys see this cookie? enter image description here

It is a peace cookie. Rhyiona shall go back to their thread, with their forced complaints. It is raising anger and madness in the thread, risking it to be shut down. The disrespect of fellow members may also start up, which is definitely a big no no. You may ask why Rhyiona shall go back to their thread, Rhyiona shipper. That is because... cookie. Who doesn't take them. If you're allergic, we have a variety of cookies for you to take. Just retreat to your thread

• Why are you so hellbent against giving a choice? We should all be for getting a choice in the game. All I'm trying to get at is that we should have an alternative to Rhysha, which is what I think, you aren't liking.

It's useless to try and argue with them. I'mma just give you a "Bravo" for echoing my sentiments and be done with this.

• Hey man, let's not getting another flame war going.

But I guess it's too late.

Fuck. These Rhyionas have pissed me off too much. I couldn't even post one thing without them coming out the woodwork with their half-assed arguments. I know this is generalizing, but "friendly community" my sweet patootie. XD

• Well they have to have some selling point whenever it's real or not. Honestly I would like for it to be less....one sided more fun that way.

And you kind of are. wanting to have a say in a matter is basically telling them to adjust their game to your view point, I'm not saying that you can't dislike or express your opinion but going on and on about forced ship is getting a bit tiresome. That game have so much more than shipping and I still remember what happened when your thread got fake news of Rhysha happening.
    I dread to think what will happen when Rhysha really happens.

My problem is that they advertise their games so much on the choice factor, and they aren't giving me any choice. I'm obviously not telling

• It's staying in this thread. Not planning on going to their chatbox anytime soon.

Hey man, let's not getting another flame war going. But I guess it's too late.

• So, I decided to put in a lot of thought about it, and excluding the swapped Sasha and Fiona dialogue, the only reasonable explanation I can think of for playing on one ship more than another is actually indeed story elements.

I think it's fair to say we all have interpreted Sasha as someone sick of life on Pandora and wants off the planet, and at the same time adjusted rather well to the society on Helios (the corporate society). Rhys comes from that society and wants BACK in that society. Vaughn comes from that society too, but likes the rough n' tumble world of Pandora. Fiona is a pandoran-native who, after spending some time with Athena, doesn't actually mind the Pandoran lifestyle she's come to grow up in.

The point is, it would seem as it was established early on that Rhys and Sasha have similar goals and ideals in mind, whereas Fiona and Vaughn's ideals are different. So, in Telltale's eyes, it probably at least made sense why a potential romance could develop between Rhys and Sasha.

In fact, that right there is why I ship Rhysha, minus the fact that Sasha is smol and Rhys is tol.

Yes, I can see why people of other ships view that as unfair, primarily Gayperion and Rhyiona, but think of the outliers being neglected. Looking at Rhys and Vaughn, if they were to get together, one of them would have to be put in an environment they aren't all that fond of. Rhys stuck on a chaotic planet, or Vaughn trapped in a boring-douchey corporate space station.

We know that in Episode 4 that Fiona is confirmed to be vault-hunting before she and Rhys are kidnapped by the Stranger, indicating she followed through with her vault-hunting lifestyle she learned from Athena. Rhys, on the other hand, is clearly part of the corporate world, his uniform basically screams it. They both achieved and excelled in their separate lives.

What I'm theorizing, and I'm serious about this, is that Telltale isn't doing anything for the other ships (minus Rhack, but that's a different story) is because of their differing goals. To me it wouldn't be worthwhile to establish a romance between two characters when it's a known fact that they go their separate ways eventually. Don't get me wrong, the lovers-to-enemies plot device exists! But it's evident that Telltale would rather go for the relationship that builds slow and (potentially; since Sasha's fate isn't set in stone) stays strong.

I'm guessing the "choices" that exist around the romance is whether or not you want any at all.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.