This game hasn't even cameout yet.

And people are already saying this will be bad......Why??? There's not even a trailer for it yet.

Comments

• Its mostly because most people didn't want a Minecraft game and would have preferred something else.

• Thought you were Ozzy for a second.

• Of all the movies/shows or games to take on they chose Minecrap?! I mean seriously W.T.F..Telltale..
    I seriously want the name of the guy who laid this steaming pile at Telltale's feet.

• Cope49Cope49 Banned
    edited April 2015

Seems like a waste of good money.....
    How the guy who created this game made any money at all is beyond me .

• edited April 2015

well people like to express creativity and building awesome things is 1 popular way after all the game can teach you how to be a young architect
    because you have to make things even and the right length and such so its pretty much a game with education values

Cope49 posted: »

Seems like a waste of good money..... How the guy who created this game made any money at all is beyond me .

• I really wish Minecraft stayed and indie game. I miss the days when it was in beta and not many people knew about it and those who did were really close.. :( What popularity does to people and games...

• They could at least cancel the game... and yeah they should have created another game ,meh, let's hope it's gonna be a great game doe

• Yep

Poogers555 posted: »

Its mostly because most people didn't want a Minecraft game and would have preferred something else.

• Cope49Cope49 Banned
    edited April 2015

They can't get that from The sims game ?
    Telltale should be working on the next Wolf game instead of this trash...
    And I mean ...come on look at this...

Alt text

So...ugly...

Lehfeels posted: »

well people like to express creativity and building awesome things is 1 popular way after all the game can teach you how to be a young arch

• edited April 2015

If you don't like it, then don't get it. Easy solution. TellTale can make whatever they want. I'm just saying how it is, since I see your comments hating on Minecraft all over these forums. But I'm expecting your usual "Don't read my comments then" response, along with a meme that just makes you look worse.

They can't get that from The sims game ? Telltale should be working on the next Wolf game instead of this trash... And I mean ...come on look at this... So...ugly...

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited May 2015

come on look at this... So... ugly

I see you didn't play the announcement game in which it states the following:

This thing won't look exactly like Minecraft, but it will feel authentic in its own special way.

They can't get that from The sims game ? Telltale should be working on the next Wolf game instead of this trash... And I mean ...come on look at this... So...ugly...

• [removed]

If you don't like it, then don't get it. Easy solution. TellTale can make whatever they want. I'm just saying how it is, since I see your co

That's kinda rude.

• So was he.....

dojo32161 posted: »

That's kinda rude.

• I remember when my best friend (Then my new friend) introduced Minecraft. I thought it was weird when I saw it. I mean, a game where you are only digging and mining? Where was the fun in that?

I never imagined it became so popular.

Yami_Wolf posted: »

I really wish Minecraft stayed and indie game. I miss the days when it was in beta and not many people knew about it and those who did were really close.. What popularity does to people and games...

• I mainly enjoyed it because my brother would play with me (on single player ironically just sit together) it wasn't the games itself it was how my brother's and me spent more time together. I remember how excited I got when they updated so leaf blocks would despawn after punching down the log blocks (that was alpha 0.1 or something ridiculous like that. That was 5 years ago dam I guess I grew up with minecraft)

I remember when my best friend (Then my new friend) introduced Minecraft. I thought it was weird when I saw it. I mean, a game where you are only digging and mining? Where was the fun in that? I never imagined it became so popular.

• I'm all for this game and I will buy it no matter what, but one thing I'm worried about is the forums. We might be overrun by little kids O_O

• That's what I'm afraid of too... :(

I'm all for this game and I will buy it no matter what, but one thing I'm worried about is the forums. We might be overrun by little kids O_O

edited April 2015

I'm going to say it's not going to be as bad as everyone thinks it will be. I remember when people thought there would be a lot of dudebros obsessed with FPS games complaining about the lack of gunplay or just being A-holes when TFTB was announced.

Besides, Minecraft has its own forums so they can discuss the game there instead of venturing here, and I'd say the majority of people will stay in the place they know. Besides, I don't really think there are many bad people who play Minecraft, most seem relaxed.

I'm all for this game and I will buy it no matter what, but one thing I'm worried about is the forums. We might be overrun by little kids O_O

• You never know....
    I might be a really good Point & Click game.....
    As i said...Don't judge a game by what it's based off of.

• The name's Notch

Of all the movies/shows or games to take on they chose Minecrap?! I mean seriously W.T.F..Telltale.. I seriously want the name of the guy who laid this steaming pile at Telltale's feet.

• Its because people wanted something else, and also because there are people out there who hate Minecraft and think there's no story that can come out of it. I'm not a fan, but, I think it could be interesting what Telltale do with it. People said that Borderlands would suck, but look at the success Telltale have achieved with that.

• I'm pretty sure Notch isn't in Mojang anymore.

The name's Notch

• Of all the movies/shows or games to take on they chose a game that sold 34 million copies? The 7th most purchased game ever made? That's cray cray.

(Not a big Minecraft fan myself, js.)

Of all the movies/shows or games to take on they chose Minecrap?! I mean seriously W.T.F..Telltale.. I seriously want the name of the guy who laid this steaming pile at Telltale's feet.

• Cope49Cope49 Banned
    edited April 2015

It's not story-telling worthy .....and I hope it fails...

Ryanoo posted: »

Of all the movies/shows or games to take on they chose a game that sold 34 million copies? The 7th most purchased game ever made? That's cray cray. (Not a big Minecraft fan myself, js.)

• I kind of agree here....I even Downloaded minecraft and has so many kiddos and do you know what happened??? They were so annoying! Most of them are kids in there,everyone wanted a great game instead of a kiddie game including me of course,I just want to know, what's the point of minecrafts original game?? Create a house and screenshot it?...no harsh but I'm serious...

• Wow, I bet telltale really appriciates that. -_-

• [removed]

• Cope49Cope49 Banned
    edited April 2015
  • edited April 2015

Telltale's trying new things. As much as I want a season 3 of walking dead, its good they're putting these games out there to fill your need for telltale. People were worried about Borderlands because of the story, and telltale pulled it off! Minecraft may be a strange decision but they are VERY creative. I also hop their "super show" comes out at the same time this does as well. (hopefully end of summer?) wait till the photos come in or trailer then judge if you want it or not... I don't like minecraft, but having a story seems cool.

Chaspen posted: »

You never know.... I might be a really good Point & Click game..... As i said...Don't judge a game by what it's based off of.

• puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni

Sooooo... I'm going to be honest here. When I first heard we were doing Minecraft, I had absolutely zero idea how it could possibly work as a Telltale game. Now that I've seen the first concepts and story ideas? Holy crap I cannot wait for this thing to premiere. I guess all I can really say right now is that it's totally understandable to be skeptical about the idea, but maybe it'll be more useful to judge the end product. ;)

• Alt text

puzzlebox posted: »

Sooooo... I'm going to be honest here. When I first heard we were doing Minecraft, I had absolutely zero idea how it could possibly work as

• I'm definitely one of the skeptics and would have preferred a different license, but I'm not totally averse to the idea either. I guess we'll have to wait and see Telltale do their magic :)

Sooooo... I'm going to be honest here. When I first heard we were doing Minecraft, I had absolutely zero idea how it could possibly work as

• Same. It was so surreal.

Thought you were Ozzy for a second.

• I need to see a trailer or something to get onboard. I'm looking at the ship, tempting to get onboard or not.

Also, TellTale Staff has spoken!

Alt text

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I did a double take when i first saw their avatar :P

Same. It was so surreal.

• We already konw it will be shit since its Minecraft

I remember when you used to say the same things about Tales From The Borderlands. sigh Nostalgic memories.

Journey95 posted: »

We already konw it will be shit since its Minecraft

• konw

Anyways this is a prime example of a random hate comment based off of seemingly biased views lol

Journey95 posted: »

We already konw it will be shit since its Minecraft

• (?) TellTale games will remember that...

Wow, I bet telltale really appriciates that. -_-

Sign in to comment in this discussion.