OMG, i hate german whiners

I for myself are german, a stronghold for adventure games. And I hate all the whiners out there on german adventure-homepages. It's so encouraging and it cuts off my excitement for ToMI, cause everybody is like:"This looks fugly, horrible, 3-D sucks, telltale sucks, Sam&Max was bad, too, bla bla bla."

Why are people that dumb and hateable???

Telltale I love you!

TG

Comments

• edited July 2009
    I guess we're not all like that... I'm trying to defend the game over at pcgames.de and adventure-treff.de ... but I'm getting tired.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2009
    It's their loss! :)
  • edited July 2009
    No idea how Germany is. I've been to the country twice when going by bus from Sweden to Italy and back again, and I slept through the whole thing both times. : S
  • edited July 2009
    No idea how Germany is. I've been to the country twice when going by bus from Sweden to Italy and back again, and I slept through the whole thing both times. : S
    You weren't sleeping... it's like that.
  • edited July 2009
    @Laserschwert: Hab einmal durch die Comments bei Adventure-Treff gelesen. Das reicht mir. Was ist aus der Adventure-Community geworden: Graphic-Whores!
  • edited July 2009
    I for myself are german, a stronghold for adventure games. And I hate all the whiners out there on german adventure-homepages. It's so encouraging and it cuts off my excitement for ToMI, cause everybody is like:"This looks fugly, horrible, 3-D sucks, telltale sucks, Sam&Max was bad, too, bla bla bla."

Telltale I love you!

TG

You’re not alone, don’t worry. :)
  • edited July 2009
    Scheinbar... aber glücklicherweise dürften genausoviele Leute zufrieden sein, bzw. ihre Prioritäten auf die Inhalte legen.
  • edited July 2009
    Majus wrote: »
    You’re not alone, don’t worry. :)

Hehe, danke.

I mean, if i write a thousand times how cheap CMI looked (cause Walt Disney made waaaay better cartoons at this time) will it become true?

German whiners don't deserve a new MI, because they are to wrapped in their shitty childhood, when daddy read the SMI dialouges to them...blah.
  • NickTTGNickTTG Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2009
    @Laserschwert: Hab einmal durch die Comments bei Adventure-Treff gelesen. Das reicht mir. Was ist aus der Adventure-Community geworden: Graphic-Whores!

Have once through the Comments in Advent original encounter read. That passes me. What become is out of the Advent original Community: Graphic Whores!
  • edited July 2009
    NickTTG wrote: »
    Have once through the Comments in Advent original encounter read. That passes me. What become is out of the Advent original Community: Graphic Whores!
    That's EXACTLY what he said... impressive.
  • edited July 2009
    NickTTG wrote: »

I just looked @ the comments on "Adventure-Treff. That's enough for me. What happend to german Adventure game community? Graphic Whores!

;)
  • edited July 2009
    You weren't sleeping... it's like that.

Oh... Then it's pretty nice I guess. :D
  • edited July 2009
    I think it's kind of stupid of you to say german whiners.
    I am Norwegian, and I also see a lot of stupid Norwegian whiners. They are everywhere, in every country!

Kyle in South park once said that 25% of the world is stupid, and I find that as right as it can be.
  • edited July 2009
    Sphaa wrote: »
    I am Norwegian, and I also see a lot of stupid Norwegian whiners. They are everywhere, in every country!

Kyle in South park once said that 25% of the world is stupid, and I find that as right as it can be.

u r right.
    I think it's the time of the internet, where every individual can share his unworthy opinion about everything. Guess how much gamers would've bash MI2 if there was Internet?
  • edited July 2009
    yeah, i posted the news about the new trailer on gamestar.de (with all my enthusiasm) and the first answer i got was a complain about the graphics and stuff like "guybrush looks ugly, he looks more like an idiot as like the pleasant blunderer he was before and the well-known richness of mi games's details are dodged by the typicall plainness of games telltale makes and the intro is not funny and blablabla....

i don't get it that this people call themselves fans....

but i think those whineres are spread all over the world, it's not only a german "problem"
  • edited July 2009
    I had no clue that 3D adventure games where German Kryptonite..
  • edited July 2009
    Irishmile wrote: »
    I had no clue that 3D adventure games where German Kryptonite..

there are even germans out there who do not deign to look at a adventure game, only 'cause it's 3D

i couldn't believe it myself, but i read it with my own eyes

germans (only germans? i don't think so...) are just to sceptical these days.... in everything i guess
  • edited July 2009
    There are a few things that will keep my from playing TOMI... and its all out of TTG control, and 2 are only temporary.

1 my wife in skimpy lingerie
    2 promise of free beer
    3 I died
  • edited July 2009
    There are a few things that will keep my from playing TOMI... and its all out of TTG control, and 2 are only temporary.

1 my wife in skimpy lingerie
    2 promise of free beer
    3 I died

Number 1 would keep me from playing ToMI as well... okay, depends on your wife really.

The other two won't stop me :)
  • edited July 2009
    I don't think the game needs defending. If it's good, it'll speak for itself.
  • edited July 2009
    Bezüglich der Grafik: Ich denke, daß einigen halt ein 2D Adventure lieber gewesen wäre oder eine stimmungsvolle 3D Grafik, die einer 2D Anmutung relativ nahe kommt - eine aufwendige mit Effekten gespickte 3D Grafik wollen sie gar nicht. Es soll halt stimmig sein und vom Stil her passen - insofern ist die Bezeichung "graphic whore" fehl am Platz.

Desweitern gibt's sicherlich Dauernörgler. Dabei sollte man die Kritik aber auch nicht über einen Kamm scheren. Ich find's gut, daß es auch differenzierte Meinungen hierzu gibt und nicht nur ein einstimmiges Juhuu-Gejaule.

Apropos: Deutschland ist in vielerlei Hinsicht ein tolles Land. Es gibt viele lustige Menschen wie z.B. unsere Kanzlerin. Manches nervt, aber sag mir einer ein Land in dem alles stimmt.
  • edited July 2009
    Well being an austrian the main issue in most if not all german speaking countries is that the people there generally have a tendency to whine a lot.
    Usually it is like that they whine a lot upfront and in the end they are happy...
  • edited July 2009
    Bei uns wird net gweint, da wird grantelt!

-> http://www.bayrisch-lernen.de/popups/granteln.html
  • edited July 2009
    Sphaa wrote: »

There are people who won't be able to get over the graphics in every country. And as someone who interacts with the public on a daily basis, let me just say the number is far higher than 25%.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited July 2009

Telltale I love you!

TG

Ok, let's talk about your use of the word "everybody" first. What you are saying here - literally! - is that every German adventure gamer besides you hates 3-D adventures, TTG and Sam&Max. Sales of these games in Germany and to Germany beg to differ. The move to 3-D, furthermore, has its enemies not only in Germany, but pretty much all around the world; and you do not have the right to bluntly call people "dumb and hateable" because of a mere personal preference of theirs.

You are trying to promote a stupid stereotype about your own country - and I really wonder why. I love Sam&Max season 1 & 2, TTG for these games, and obviously, they are in 3D, and I am as German as humanly possible, not that this matters in any way.

Post your love, not your hate! ;)
  • edited July 2009
    i like germans but to be honest, good & bad where ever you come from! :)
  • edited July 2009
    Germans. I hate these guys! I mean, who annointed these krauts the adventure game literati? I know European societies often have complex social strata. Perhaps there's some educated gaming class we don't know about over there? More likely they're just pissed about TMI's conspicuous lack of techno and sexual ambiguity. And as for their hatred of Sam and Max? Well, in their defense, I think it might've been marketed a little differently over there.

Taking this post seriously may pose serious health risks.
  • edited July 2009
    You know what I hate? Unicorns.
  • edited July 2009
    The only thing worse is a german riding a unicorn

**shudders**
  • edited July 2009
    Jake wrote: »
    It's their loss! :)

Oh, yes! :rolleyes:

I don't think it's a german thing, however, I read and know people with this opinion all over....

Number 1 would keep me from playing ToMI as well... okay, depends on your wife really.

Ahr ahr ahr! :D

You are trying to promote a stupid stereotype about your own country - and I really wonder why.

Simply tiredness and exasperation, possibly... I too sometimes burst into calling my compatriots names just out of that... Narrow-minds very close to you are an heavier burden...

Post your love, not your hate! ;)

Oh, yeah! :D
  • edited July 2009
    You know what I hate? Unicorns.
    WHAT??? But... but... they're magical :(
  • edited July 2009
    The only thing worse is a german riding a unicorn

**shudders**

I won't mind a scantly-clad buxom german hottie riding a unicorn half a bit, you know...
  • edited July 2009
    TBH, I think 3D with fixed camera angles might be a good compromise.

It's still 3D with the advantages of that, but the fixed camera angle would give a similar feel to the 2D games.

Think something like the early Resident Evils only the backgrounds are 3D too.
  • edited July 2009
    The key to failure is trying to please everybody.
  • edited July 2009
    TBH, I think 3D with fixed camera angles might be a good compromise.

It's still 3D with the advantages of that, but the fixed camera angle would give a similar feel to the 2D games.

Think something like the early Resident Evils only the backgrounds are 3D too.

I dunno...that sounds a lot like the prerendered backrounds of EMI. Worked great for the mostly urban environments of GF, but...Geez buddy, I don't know what to tell you, it's 2009! I think if you're gonna go full 3d than you might as well have some dynamic camera angles and moves! Our friend Mr. Tiller is doing some sweet work with 3d characters on hand-painted 2d backgrounds, though!
  • edited July 2009

Telltale I love you!

TG

you know, you can ignore them and not think about it. why care??
  • edited July 2009
    you know, you can ignore them and not think about it. why care??

No! We must keep this seething hatred of all things German alive and well! Cheesy techno, a quasi-intellectual gaming social class, and apparently unicorns! Damn them all to hell!
  • edited July 2009
    I quite like Liebfraumilch.
  • edited July 2009
    and i love shopping in germany an then getting the VAT back.
  • edited July 2009
    When I was in high school I fooled around with a German exchange student she was cool.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.