Marvel and Telltale Games Teaming Up for 2017

Marvel TTG

Announced this evening in San Francisco, we're excited to reveal an all-new partnership with the incredible team at Marvel Entertainment. We'll be teaming up on the development of an upcoming Telltale game series project set to premiere in 2017!

As always, stay tuned here for the latest news and details on this and all of our upcoming projects as they become available...

Comments

• Alt text

I love you, guys.

• edited April 2015

This news totally made my day! Hoping that it's related to the Marvel Cinematic Universe! :-)

Alt text

• As a huge fan of Marvel, I am pumped already! :D

• ME RIGHT NOW!Alt text

• Marvel and Telltale? Sounds cool, but I'm gonna keep my expectations low for now until I hear more details about it… Telltale has great stories, but Marvel's got lots of action, and sometimes telltale's action parts can be… clunky... :P
    Hopefully by then their games won't have as many problems as they do now

• Might be it's own thing.

This news totally made my day! Hoping that it's related to the Marvel Cinematic Universe! :-)

• Alt text

Ohmigodohmigodohmigod!

• That's not true and Marvel values great stories.

blupengu posted: »

Marvel and Telltale? Sounds cool, but I'm gonna keep my expectations low for now until I hear more details about it… Telltale has great stor

• I wonder, will we play a Cop/SHIELD agent set in the Marvel Universe?

• SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Im excited for this!

• Wow, you've got a lot of resources to work with, too. I'm more wondering if it's going to be as mature as your other games, because, if so, you've already sold me on it.

Not only that, but this is fertile ground for your writers to work their comedy and painfully emotional styles into a great story. I hope to see your top players from other games work together on this for best results.

• Oh my, this is awesome news. Cannot wait!!!!!

• Is it The Punisher??? Please let it be The Punisher... I'd give my right testicle for it to be The Punisher.... THE PUNISHER!!!

• Great news!

I actually thought of this collaboration a while ago, particularly as another part of the MCU. But even if it's its own thing, I'm really excited to see what they come up with for the story. There's definitely a lot of potential for this project.

• When I saw this I literally screamed. I have never done that towards anything in fiction ever. (Non-jump-scare)

• I like this, next stop teaming up with Naughty Dog, Last of Us spin off lol

• Now this is exciting.....

Alt text

• You should ask them for money then.

Great news! I actually thought of this collaboration a while ago, particularly as another part of the MCU. But even if it's its own thin

• Gonna go ahead and make a guess right now....Howard the Duck

• The same was said about Tales From the Borderlands and that story turned out incredible so far. Safe to keep expectations low though. I've been disappointed so many times that it's built into my body not to get too hyped.

Marvel and Telltale? Sounds cool, but I'm gonna keep my expectations low for now until I hear more details about it… Telltale has great stor

• Though it sounds awesome... I don't know how they want to handle all of their games. They are releasing two games right now and they have already three others in their minds. Don't get me wrong - Telltale and Marvel? Great news, I like both. I'm just a little worried how it'll affect their work on those games. If it'll, of course.

• I wouldn't mind that either.

BullseyeRey posted: »

Might be it's own thing.

• But....The Wolf Among Us season 2....?

;_;

• What about us!? You NEVER release a geme in IRAN!

• I'm pretty sure you are mixing up Marvel movies and Marvel comics...

• OH MY GOOOOOD!!!!!

• 2017 damn! still good news though

• Alt text

DAYUM my dreams have come true :'D YESSSSSS

• Oh my God :))) This is fuc*king awesome...

• This is incredible news, I can't wait to see what Telltale and Marvel will do.

• I'm probably in the Minority with this, but I do hope it's set within the Comic Universe rather then the Cinematic. If so: Civil War please! The Perfect Concept. Sometime in the Past i already posted that in a general Suggestion Thread.

• Daredevil, Black Widow, She Hulk... Any superheroes where dialogue is as important as fighting. So yeah, lawyers and BW being a master interogater would fit well. Would be awesome to have the actors do the voice over like you did with Game Of Thrones. Maybe this will be a chance for the REAL Mandarin to have a venue? The 10 rings story arc hasn't been resolved yet and it needs some closure that the movies aren't willing to give/risk. It would be good to explore the more mystical magical side of the Marvel universe in preparation for Dr Strange. Show the real variety that stems from the actual Marvel comics that the movie side is too worried wont translate to screen, like courtroom drama stuff, and not just biffo bammo. HULK and Banner stuff, i can imagine tapping that x button to keep calm or making sure a slider is in the middle to steady his emotions.

• Alt text
    Am I psychic?

Even if it's not set in the MCU, it'd be neat if they brought in Clark Gregg as Agent Coulson anyway, as some of the non-MCU cartoon series and games do.

• Oh, Come on! Bring all the classic games back, like Tales from Monkey Island, Full Throttle, Maniac Mansion....
    Please Guys, do something with Dysney or Lucasfilms' Franchise...
    Please.... :(

• I don't really care which universe these games take place in. I just hope that the events in the games are canon to whatever pre-existing universe they might be set in.

Anyways, it's always good to see Telltale expanding and teaming up with tonnes of other companies. Awesomeness.

• I hope it is something like DC Universe Online

• what would make it awesome if they did a Marvel vs DC crossover game with a really great story driven piece like the wolf amongst us and the walking dead...but thats just wishful thinking

This discussion has been closed.