Marvel and Telltale Games Teaming Up for 2017

2»

Comments

• OMG.....Can't wait to see whats planned but um....where the season 3 for TWD? lol

• Apparently

LuigiHann posted: »

Am I psychic? Even if it's not set in the MCU, it'd be neat if they brought in Clark Gregg as Agent Coulson anyway, as some of the non-MCU cartoon series and games do.

• This is amazing!!

• Obviously everyone would want to see a Marvel VS DC game, but I don't think Telltale would be the company to do it. The whole idea would be more suited to a fast paced fighting game engine rather than a slower paced, more story-focuses adventure series. However, I still think it could be a cool idea and could work.

Wolfstar27 posted: »

what would make it awesome if they did a Marvel vs DC crossover game with a really great story driven piece like the wolf amongst us and the walking dead...but thats just wishful thinking

• holy crap.

• I actually really like that idea... more so the shield agent.

BullseyeRey posted: »

I wonder, will we play a Cop/SHIELD agent set in the Marvel Universe?

• Dude I do that all the time.

When I saw this I literally screamed. I have never done that towards anything in fiction ever. (Non-jump-scare)

• I think it maybe safe to say that we most likely be won't controlling Bigby Wolf again until the 2018-2020 games period, unless Telltale tells us otherwise.

But....The Wolf Among Us season 2....? ;_;

• OHMYGODOHMYGOGOHMYGOD

Alt text

• Aw for fucks sake. Rip TWAU 2.

• I say this time and time again. Just because they announce they are making another game doesn't mean they aren't working on TWAU S2 or TWD S3.

Tyranitar posted: »

Aw for fucks sake. Rip TWAU 2.

• Yes, please. Don't lose hope THAT early. 2017 is a long, long way to go. Especially in Telltale time.

• Or maybe sooner than 2017, if their ahead of schedule. And that also makes this upcoming series a Disney game.

• Disney owns Lucas Arts and Marvel.

franleiman posted: »

Oh, Come on! Bring all the classic games back, like Tales from Monkey Island, Full Throttle, Maniac Mansion.... Please Guys, do something with Dysney or Lucasfilms' Franchise... Please....

• Honestly, fuck it, I'm done with Telltale just about forever. Ever since they fucked up Season 2 of The Walking Dead (the sequel to my favorite game of all time!) and The Wolf Among Us, everything has gone downhill from there. Jesus, Telltale, what happened? At least Tales of The Borderlands seems to be the only okay thing to have been announced/planned/released/just anything from Telltale.

• Nice concept, I wonder what they'll do with it. A lot of my friends saw this and complained about the release date,and i was like "you can't rush telltale, there taking there time so they can make the best game they can." In the mean time I'll have the wait for ep.3 of Tales from the Borderlands to focus on.

• DAMMIT TELLTALE focus on your 2 games first got border!!!!!!

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Just because they announce something it doesn't mean they are taking focus away from their other games, the Marvel game is so far away (2017) that there won't be any issues of it causing any problems to their current games.

DAMMIT TELLTALE focus on your 2 games first got border!!!!!!

• Telltale you should team up with everybody! I am pretty sure you people can take any story to the level of greaness!

P.S. How about The Matrix universe?

• I'm only a volunteer Moderator, not a Telltale Staff member, but I wrote an Unofficial FAQ about Telltale's future plans with questions answered about Marvel, Telltale's Super Show, and how they can handle this many projects. Hopefully it answers some questions and alleviates concerns for people worried about how Telltale has a handful of announcements for their next few years.

• interesting. well they can go into the fantasy aspect of it, like they create new characters and they get powers - telltale get to create they own stories. or they use character in Mavel's world already.

• HOLY FUCKING SHIT OMG!!!! I love you guys... SO MUCH! I'm gonna god damn cry, THANK YOU.

• Listen, they just announced it, and It won't be out 'till 2017. They aren't taking the focus away from anything, The reason TWD Season 2 was bad was because they were working on too many other games at once, (TWAU, GoT was in Very early development) and They had too many directors work on it, They were just stressed at the time. Give them a chance.

HSPLazerz posted: »

Honestly, fuck it, I'm done with Telltale just about forever. Ever since they fucked up Season 2 of The Walking Dead (the sequel to my favor

• Well, For now they have no info or confirmation for TWAU Season 2, But that might change in a couple months! ;)

• For all of you who don't know how to click a Link and Just jump to a conclusion that this is gonna suck, Here's the current Seasons Chart info on telltale, Just so you know they aren't forgetting about anything yet, Curtosey of BlindSniper.

Telltale has a handful of upcoming projects (at various/different points in planning, development, etc) they are working on into the future, up until 2017:

Current Seasons in Progress:

Tales from the Borderlands
    Game of Thrones

Announced Upcoming Projects:

Minecraft: Story Mode (Coming 2015) - Premiering later this year...
    The Walking Dead: Season 3 (Release info TBA; likely to release later this year or sometime in 2016...)
    Telltale's first Super Show - "Project FTFS" (Original IP) (Coming 2016) - new Show/Video Game hybrid format, more info to come later this Summer
    Marvel Collaboration (Coming 2017)

There's the info you need, No one is forgetting about TFTBL and GoT, They are not working on Marvel, Minecraft, TWD, and TTFSS yet. I just wanted you all to know that just as Blindsniper did so we don't have to argue about it. :)

• Oh wow. Now you're officially going big or going home.

• the waiting is gonna take foreverrrrrrrr

• edited April 2015

Alt text

This discussion has been closed.