Telltale and Marvel: What would this game be about?

2»

Comments

• Well, I've been here a while, and Believe me, There a quite a few people on these forums that are... Less than Understanding.

Cope49 posted: »

I wasn't being negative .I just giving my honest opinion and that is all. He understands that but half of these other "members " cannot.

• This seems too similar to the whole "Marvel" project they got going on. I mean, is this the Marvel thing but focusing on a certain character? I know nothing about this franchise, so I wouldn't know.

• This is about the marvel thing, Just focusing on one character.

This seems too similar to the whole "Marvel" project they got going on. I mean, is this the Marvel thing but focusing on a certain character? I know nothing about this franchise, so I wouldn't know.

• edited May 2015

Here's my ideas that i would like for the Marvel Telltale Games

Moon Knight
    Slapstick
    Darkhawk
    Howard The Duck
    Deadpool
    Spiderman
    Inhumans/Nuhumans
    Nextwave
    New Warriors

• You had me at Moon Knight. XD

Here's my ideas that i would like for the Marvel Telltale Games Moon Knight Slapstick Darkhawk Howard The Duck Deadpool Spiderman Inhumans/Nuhumans Nextwave New Warriors

• Well Civil War happened in the comics too.

I'm really like to see a game based off of the upcoming Civil War storyline, but since that movie comes out in 2016 and not 2017, I'm guessing it won't be relevant enough for Telltale to make a game about?

• I love Runaways but I think that would be really great as a film, to be honest I think it was for the best that the first movie got canned because Runaways can really only work once the main heroes are well established so I think it would be best for that to be a phase 3 or 4 movie.

• edited May 2015

Hopefully The Punisher or Moon Knight.

Both are perfect for a Telltale adaption.

Hell, maybe they could do a story focusing on the villains. Perhaps the Sinister Six?

• kenjisalkkenjisalk Telltale Alumni

Count me in for Moon Knight. He's the most interesting Marvel hero few know about, and his identity crisis would perfectly gel with the player agency aspect of TellTale's games.

My wife is an avid Moon Knight fan, and I learned so much about him and read his comics because of her. He's really complicated and interesting, and talk about relatable.

If you're interested in seeing what he's all about, check out Bendis' 2012 miniseries or the most recent Alan Moore run. They're freaking awesome and could be the foundation for a TellTale series.

• So I've been giving some thought to this since the announcement that the Mine Craft Story Mode game would include new options for character customization with gender and race and appearance, so I was thinking of how those ideas could be centred and expanded on within a Marvel based game. So I started thinking, suppose TT could craft a story where you play as a new hero where you could determine their appearance, but also their power origins - are they a Meta (gained powers from external source like Spider-Man and the Fantastic Four) a mutant (X-Men), magically powered (like Doctor Strange and the Scarlet Witch) or been exposed to Terragenesis (Inumans), and all of this affected the story and aspects of gameplay? And during the game a player would be able to interact with the various superhero groups of the Marvel Universe like the Avengers, FF, X-Men and Inhumans, all of whom have different opinions and feelings towards the others, even if they are all super heroes. Players might get to work with allies like Miles Morales or Kamala Kahn as they work to stop a dangerous threat to New York and beyond.

• I hope they try to go for realistic graphics. This will be released in 2017 so plenty of time for TT to get it looking amazing!

• I actually am hoping for the exact opposite given they are working with comic franchises; imagine how incredible a Marvel game with the Wolf art style would look!

Jake360 posted: »

I hope they try to go for realistic graphics. This will be released in 2017 so plenty of time for TT to get it looking amazing!

• I think it'll really depend on whether TT are planning to do a comic based or MCU based game experience, and if the comic exactly what sort of comic to draw from. But you can say that a MCU/Netflix based Daredevil game would have to look and feel different to one based on, say, the more light hearted Mark Waid run of comics. But I honestly would love a game which feels like a comic come to life.

I actually am hoping for the exact opposite given they are working with comic franchises; imagine how incredible a Marvel game with the Wolf art style would look!

• Maybe the Avengers!

• I'm just looking forward to all the special effects used for the powers (I presume it isn't going to be a 5 episode origin story). I can get the appeal of a cartoon style but I can imagine all the amazing action sequences they can do in cities with realistic graphics. It's something TT will dip their toe into eventually and this seems like the only IP that will give them that opportunity over the next two years. I'd love it!

I actually am hoping for the exact opposite given they are working with comic franchises; imagine how incredible a Marvel game with the Wolf art style would look!

• It's something TT will dip their toe into eventually and [Marvel] seems like the only IP that will give them that opportunity over the next two years. I'd love it!

Eh, not quite. People had similar expectations for Game of Thrones, but that used an oil-painting art style - and was based off of HBO's presentation of the source material, which contradicts the idea that Telltale would have to use realistic graphics for an MCU game. Marvel's comic source material lends itself pretty well to Telltale's comic art style, regardless of whether or not they base their game in the comics or the MCU. As Wolf Among Us and Walking Dead showed people, giving something a comic art style doesn't mean they can't stray away from more intense plot elements.

Jake360 posted: »

I'm just looking forward to all the special effects used for the powers (I presume it isn't going to be a 5 episode origin story). I can get

• I never said they would have to use it. I said I hope they do. I also said I can get the appeal of a comic style.

It's something TT will dip their toe into eventually and [Marvel] seems like the only IP that will give them that opportunity over the next

• Cameos or references to them would be nice, especially if it is set in the MCU.

Smellmeh posted: »

Maybe the Avengers!

• Had another idea which is a bit of a shot in the dark but would be totally awesome if TT did this - have a game centred across the landscape of Battleworld, as currently seen in the Secret Wars comic event. The advantage this brings is that Battleworld is a construct by Doctor Doom comprised of numerous alternate realities like the Age of Apocalypse, Future Imperfect and the Maestro, the Marvel Zombies and the Age of Ultron, 2099 etc. Which allows for players to both be and interact with notable characters who happen to be alternate versions of heroes and villains in a prequel storyline featuring Battleworld's notable like God Doom, Baron Strange, the Thors, 1872 Sheriff Steve Rogers, Valeria Richards of the Foundation, Bar Sinister's Mister Sinister, the Maestro and more. And even give players the chance to be a version of an established hero, maybe even pick where from as they navigate various domains on the planet from Greenland and Technopolis to the dark lands beyond the Shield like the Deadlands and Perfection.

Battleworld Map

Sign in to comment in this discussion.