The cult of Ted

2»

Comments

• If we pray does Ted give us money?

He must be a trillionaire, I also hope he is very generous.

3 new members in 3 days. The cult is growing. We will to power and finally get that condo. I chalked up the numbers. The statue of our lo

• In the beginning, there was Ted. In the End there is Ted. Ted is Ted. Ted was mentioned as the brother they don't talk about in undead harvest DLC in BL2.

You can see Ted as any type of Doctor, but i associate him as the master of human genes and mutations, and he has a fucking eye patch. Badass right?

History of Ted.

In the beginning, there was Ted. He was the best doctor with mutations, biological alteration. He created Psycho's, Goliath, and Badass Psychos, midget Psycho's, and hundreds more. Legend has it that he was there through-out all of history. He was the one who taught the Eridians about how to build the Vaults, and more advanced Technology. He Helped Jack with they eye of the destroyer. You know how how Jack contained Lilith in BL2 so easily? He was Taught by Dr. Ted himself. He went crazy with his power (Jack), and Ted turned his back on Jack. He was the one who brought the BL2 Vault hunters together. He was pulling the strings from behind. Realizing his mistake with Jack, he also created Krieg. He changed his genes, allowing him brutal strength while allowing him to keep his conscious. He helped, Gaige, Zer0, Maya, become what they are.

Lets skip forward a bit. Years after BL2, Dr. Ted made more mutated creations. Several. You know that Guardian you saw at the end of TPS? It was from the future, created by Ted, to use the Vault of the Traveler and go back and warn the Vault Hunters, of a war.... A war, that Ted created. This war was massive, Dr. Ted was too smart for this borderlands universe. Blood was going to be spilled. He needed warriors. He went in to the vault of the traveler, he built his own warriors to fight in this war. What did he do? He went far back, before BL1. He worked for Atlas, he was presented with a child. He went to work. Making her into a warrior he would need. It was Athena by the way. Then he traveled, he helped/made Zer0, he introduced Lilith to the Eridium. He even trained the legends Brick and Mordecia. He then took a trip back to the future.

But just before the war, Dr. Ted has ascended to the throne of a god. (Now back to the future-present) He had enough science to immortalize himself without using some disturbing secretes. He couldn't be killed. He, was a legend. Many had searched for him, for his secrets, but he was nowhere to be found. Have you heard of Dr. Ned? He tried to become immortal, and killed many people, and a made zombies instead, a kinda type of immortality. (Dr. Ted sent the BL1 vault hunters there to stop him).

Dr. Ted had left the borderlands long ago, but remains as a presence watching over all the planets. Nothing goes without his knowing. Where did he go? He came to our earth. He came to me, I welcomed him into my home, into my soul. I became Ted. I continue his studies.

That is just the abridged version. If you want the full story, you have to buy the 4500 page book.
    TL;DR: Go buy the book. Dr. Ted mentioned in Bloody harvest. Forbidden brother. Not talked about. He ascended to borderlands god, and gained a cult following. He also has an eye-patch

kaza125 posted: »

Who the hell is ted?

• When you get money, and you are like "Why the hell is this money here?" or even "Maybe i should find the person who lost it..." Dont return it. Even if you it fall out of somebodies pocket, that is Ted sending you a message.

If we pray does Ted give us money? He must be a trillionaire, I also hope he is very generous.

• If I return it to the person I show respect to Ted, I show him that I understand his message but I'm merely passing it onto others to share his love. If the owner isn't around then I shall only take it as a gift and message of love.

When you get money, and you are like "Why the hell is this money here?" or even "Maybe i should find the person who lost it..." Dont return it. Even if you it fall out of somebodies pocket, that is Ted sending you a message.

• Yes, you are learning more. Ted smiles down upon you.

If I return it to the person I show respect to Ted, I show him that I understand his message but I'm merely passing it onto others to share his love. If the owner isn't around then I shall only take it as a gift and message of love.

• Well, lets make that a Combustible lemon rain.

Ted-- No, I am immortal, as long as I live, our faith in Ted the maser of mutation, shall live on.

• I have an idea. I recently met this girl who knows someone, an archaeologist friend of hers, who found a Vault Key at a dig site. I was thinking we sell it to somebody for some quick cash. I hear Hyperion has a lot of cheddar these days.

3 new members in 3 days. The cult is growing. We will to power and finally get that condo. I chalked up the numbers. The statue of our lo

• Where did she find it? Eden 6?

Rock114 posted: »

I have an idea. I recently met this girl who knows someone, an archaeologist friend of hers, who found a Vault Key at a dig site. I was thinking we sell it to somebody for some quick cash. I hear Hyperion has a lot of cheddar these days.

• Yeah, how'd you know?

Where did she find it? Eden 6?

• Heard a few things about that place...

Rock114 posted: »

Yeah, how'd you know?

• We should sell it for $10,000,000. That should cover a lot of the cost.

Heard a few things about that place...

• Make sure we get the right guy at the deal, no guy with fancy augmentations.

We should sell it for $10,000,000. That should cover a lot of the cost.

• k

• I'd like to join Sir.

• Sorry, im working to become a surgeon. Even though that is years off, i had to cut back on forum time here and on gearbox and do serious stuff.

We dont let just anyone join. Answer these questions.

1. Do you have any special skills? Any skills.

2. Can you use those skills to show your praise to Ted?

If you dont have any good skills, just give a short (or long) praising to Ted, and i will most likely allow you to join.

I'd like to join Sir.

• edited August 2015
    1. My special skill is making police siren sounds and posting dank memes I find on the glorious "Internet Explorer"
    2. I'll make a dank meme that would praise Ted for ages(If I find a good free Photoshop program)

Dr. Ted is love, Dr. Ted is life.

Sorry, im working to become a surgeon. Even though that is years off, i had to cut back on forum time here and on gearbox and do serious stu

• I welcome you to our cult. May you have good times, and work to spread the name of Ted.

* My special skill is making police siren sounds and posting dank memes I find on the glorious "Internet Explorer" * I'll make a dank meme that would praise Ted for ages(If I find a good free Photoshop program) Dr. Ted is love, Dr. Ted is life.

• Will do.

I welcome you to our cult. May you have good times, and work to spread the name of Ted.

• Come on comrades, we must band together and bring the Great-lord back to the borderlands. To that one guy (when i say guys, i mean gals too) who is thinking, this is cool, i should join, i wont be on for a while. A long while. Mostly because of medicine stuff.

http://strawpoll.me/5779914/r

• edited October 2015

Ted. is.
    HHH HHH H H H H H
    H H H H H H H
    HHH HHH H H H
    H H H H H
    HHH HHH H H H H
    okay, i was gonna have the h's spell: "sexy!", but the forum doesnt wanna cooperate.

just imagine the H's spell out sexy.

• Y'all probs thought Ted was Ded, but you thought wrong. Ted is still alive, his soul burning inside of my human vessel with all of his divine glory. Soon this thread and the other thread will be flowing like a river, Ted demands it, so it will be so. Soon my Ted cultust comrades, we will reign free and powerful.

Ignore the gramer mistakea, Dr. Ted hasnt blessed me with spellibg skills yet.

If you are part of this cult, i ask you to join the Gearbox forums Ted cult to, there are awesome folks there. You dont have to, but it will increase your experence and will keep both threads alive.

• edited February 2016

Also i do 3d models and want to do Ted animations once i learn how to animate later down the line. Any suggestions for this videos? I think i also have to clear this with a Gearbox person. Theyll probs allow tho.

• Sit on my face, Ted.

• Yes, Ted does so in his spiritual form. He likes your "enthusiasm".

Sit on my face, Ted.

• "We don't talk about Ted..."
    -Sincerely Dr.Ned

• "Remember how you got killed 3 times by the vault hunters Ned?" Sincerely Dr. Ted

"We don't talk about Ted..." -Sincerely Dr.Ned

• That's a tough one

"Remember how you got killed 3 times by the vault hunters Ned?" Sincerely Dr. Ted

• I'll sacrifice my soul and my body for Ted.

• I wanna be a member.

Ted cured any depression I had.

• Ted is love

Ted is life

• edited March 2016

All Hail Ted.... The Forbidden Brother.

Unlike my brothers... I actually have a medical license... And a Top Hat. Because they're freaking awesome

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/dr-ted-as-a-playable-character-for-borderlands-3/280094

• Wow, so much love for my savori in the past days, Ted loves you all.

• Are you alraedy part of the cult? I cant tell if you are the guy who posted the OP in the linked thread.

All Hail Ted.... The Forbidden Brother. Unlike my brothers... I actually have a medical license... And a Top Hat. Because they're freaking awesome http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/dr-ted-as-a-playable-character-for-borderlands-3/280094

• I have not commented on this till that one above. Saw the thread when I came on this morning and had to comment. Wasn't sure if that thread had been posted either so I linked it!

Are you alraedy part of the cult? I cant tell if you are the guy who posted the OP in the linked thread.

• enter image description here

Wow, so much love for my savori in the past days, Ted loves you all.

• I welcome you to the cult, may you make many contributions in Teds name. :)

lottii-lu posted: »

I wanna be a member. Ted cured any depression I had.

• I welcome you to the cult, Ted looks forward s to seeing your love for him grow.

I'll sacrifice my soul and my body for Ted.

• Ted indeed love and life. He welcomes you with his arms wide open.

Duck_Hunt posted: »

Ted is love Ted is life

• If I pray to Ted hard enough will he ban Rhack for me?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.