Germans love ToMi!!!

2»

Comments

• VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited July 2009
    Cyphox wrote: »
    :confused:

That's just your opinion, it seems that majority dissents. An adventure doesn't always has to be funny and "monkey-islandish", there are serious adventures out there, too. And that doesn't mean they're automatically bad.

Next example for a good serious german adventure: Overclocked

I second that. There were also quite funny adventures recently, such as "Edna bricht aus" (quite a revolution in terms of responses to player action, despite the very basic graphic attempts) and "Book of Unwritten Tales" (which I marveled at, overwhelming graphics and a nice storyline, disregarding the last chapter, unfortunately).

Tunguska was OK - but not quite what I like. The demo of part 2 scared me off, I found the storyline to be very poorly written and nonsensical. I haven't played Still Life, and Overclocked escaped me, though. And as I haven't played ALL German adventures in recent years, how could I even dare to say that "the rest is boring and lowbudget trash"? ;)
  • edited July 2009
    Book of unwritten Tales is a game for rpg-geeks.
    The people in this game have no good mimic and the humor is typicaly german. The backrounds look similar to the backrounds in Simon 5 and Everlight. I hate them.

AWW might be a realy good looking game. I`ll test it. Edna was funny but more like a homemade game. Another good game might be A Vampyre Story 2and Ghost Pirates from Bill Tiller. There are just a handfull of good Adventuregames in the last 8 years. Ankh, Tunguska, Sam und Max Ep 1/2, Runaway 1, Still Life 1, A Vampyre Story and Wallace and Gromit. The rest of the Adventuregames was on a very low level. I hope Tomi is the next classic in my list.
  • edited July 2009
    It must not be a great adventure for me.

And hey I had LucasArts glasses like you. And now I can play other adventure games too. I want entertainment. That´s all. :)
  • edited July 2009
    Ich will in meinem Leben nur das Filetstück. Mit Mittelmaß gebe ich mich nicht zufrieden. Ich will nur das beste vom Besten. Telltale liefert das im Moment.
  • edited July 2009
    You're spoiled, like a German. ;)
    Not every game MUST be great and must´ve a hyper good quality!
  • edited July 2009
    But better is.
  • edited July 2009
    Don't believe me? Just pick any commercial you want to, that's really cheezy and just outright bad. It's from Germany. Then turn on your TV. What's on? America's got talent? Ok. WTF? David Hasselhoff? How can such a worthless POC no-talent be so famous? Oh, he hit big in Germany? Germany is the asshole of the european culture.

There are two things you have to have in mind. First of all german commercial television is somewhat 20 years old, before that there was none. Secondly comparative commercials are forbidden in germany as far as I know, but besides that you obviously have missed the german late night commercials, they are a mixture between oversized tits and accidental humor, seriously...
    But you cannot generally speak from your taste and map it to the rest of the world, germans are different than the americans, are they worse tastewise, definitely not, but they have other priorities in tastes and a different history!
  • edited July 2009
    Secondly comparative commercials are forbidden in germany

No, since a few years you can do this. Aber fast keiner machts.
  • edited July 2009
    This is probably just me, but there's no way I can read posts in this thread without hearing this really thick german accent in the back of my head ..

please make the voices stop!
  • edited July 2009
    xanax-first-lady-1038.jpg

This can help you.

SeWPKiP <
    Join Date: 07/05/2009 :-) There are many Join Date: 07/05/2009 today
  • edited July 2009
    this thread is of the track, pick it, up pick, up pick, it up ....

I will definitely buy this game only in German; I played it from the very beginning, back then on my Amiga 500 until the latest pc episode and there was always a German version out there! I am used to the excellent German translations and all the voices from Lucas Arts!
    I will not switch!!!!

jazz
  • edited July 2009
    jazzmatazz wrote: »
    I will definitely buy this game only in German; I played it from the very beginning, back then on my Amiga 500 until the latest pc episode and there was always a German version out there! I am used to the excellent German translations and all the voices from Lucas Arts!
    I will not switch!!!!
    Your loss. And I can assure you that Lucas Arts of all companies wil definitely not be translating this game - that's up to whoever is going to publish this game in Europe.

np: Masha Qrella - I Talk To The Trees (Speaklow (Loewe And Weill In Exile))
  • edited July 2009
    realchris wrote: »
    Ich will in meinem Leben nur das Filetstück. Mit Mittelmaß gebe ich mich nicht zufrieden.
    So you waste your time in several forums. Poor boy, that`s not the best in life.
  • edited July 2009
    Ok, i`m a boy. But what do you know about my financial possibilities?;)

Du:eek: und ich:D <--
  • edited July 2009
    what has hanging around in forums to do with financial possibilities?

and btw. i don't think that overclocked has bad graphics. story's a matter of taste. :)

what do you think about fahrenheit? imho it was GREAT! :D

does it have bad graphics, too? :confused:
  • edited July 2009
    Fahrenheit has good Graphics but bad Puzzles. What do you do in a forum?

roter_Fisch_3.gif
  • edited July 2009
    realchris wrote: »
    What do you do in a forum?

:confused:

What do you mean "What do you do...", i wanna talk, i wanna discuss, that's what forums are for, at least if you're not some viral marketing guy or something like that....

i still don't get your "financial possibilities" thing. no one said anything about that.

Das "So you waste your time in several forums. Poor boy, that`s not the best in life. " hat doch absolut nix mit deinen finanziellen Möglichkeiten zu tun, ich schnalls grad net :D

edit: rote heringe, du wirst mir immer unheimlicher... *aktexmusikeinspiel*
  • edited July 2009
    Das war ein Witz den Du nicht schnallst :-)
  • edited July 2009
    Erklär ihn mir doch bitte, sonst kann ich heut nimmer ruhig schlafen

edit: sämtliche variationen und sämtliche bezüge auf vorherige posts die sich mir erschließen wollen, sind nicht witzig. höchstens minimalst (wenn man ein auge zudrückt) amüsant.

okay, genug jetz...
  • edited July 2009
    Edna bricht aus really rocks ! :)
  • edited July 2009
    ja, ich liebe monkey island auch.
    Kartoffel in der arsch !
Sign in to comment in this discussion.