Forrester Greatsword Names

I created an account just to ask this question. There are many swords with names in the books and the show (Ice, Dawn, Oathkeeper, Longclaw, etc.) Anyway, I was intrested in what you guys thought the Forrester Greatswords name should be.

Comments

• It wouldn't surprise me if it had something to do with ironwood, but I have no idea what it'd be.

• edited May 2015

I've always wondered what its name would be too, but I can't think of something good enough. I think it has to be reflective of the strength of Ironwood, but also the intricacy of their craftsmen and the softer side of the house (Ethan's book-smartness, Talia's singing etc.)

• Johnny.

Johnny will strike fear in everyone's hearts.

• edited May 2015

Ironslicer

Snowsong.

Wolf's Whisper

Iron Kiss

Steelshatterer

Winterwrath :P lol I have no idea... Would indeed be interesting to find out, though. I hope we do.

• Man I don't know I'd love to hear other peoples ideas. Right know I'm thinking 'Irons Blessing' I guarantee someone will think of something cooler mine isn't that great.

• Is their Greatsword even Valyrian Steel?

• Can't be. Didn't look like Valyrian Steel, wasn't mentioned to be Valyrian Steel, and if it was, House Forrester would just sell it for thousands of Dragons and be sorted.

Remember, up until Season 4, even the Lannisters--THE LANNISTERS, you know the richest house in Westeros--didn't have, nor could they obtain, any Valyrian steel.

Churned posted: »

Is their Greatsword even Valyrian Steel?

• edited May 2015

I don't think the Forresters would sell their family sword, even for gold. Remember, in the same story, even the poorest houses wouldn't give up their family swords to the Lannisters. Then again, those houses weren't on the brink of ruin, so who knows.

DillonDex posted: »

Can't be. Didn't look like Valyrian Steel, wasn't mentioned to be Valyrian Steel, and if it was, House Forrester would just sell it for thou

• But, that's what I mean. The Forresters would have no choice but to sell it, if it were Valyrian Steel. The sword isn't worth more than their lives.

I don't think the Forresters would sell their family sword, even for gold. Remember, in the same story, even the poorest houses wouldn't giv

• edited May 2015

I don't think it would have to be a Valyrian Steel sword for people to buy it, it's still a pretty great sword. As for selling it, mabye that could be a choice in game, decide if you want keep the sword or sell it.

But, that's what I mean. The Forresters would have no choice but to sell it, if it were Valyrian Steel. The sword isn't worth more than their lives.

• Wolf's Whisper sounds like it would be a Stark sword.

Ironslicer Snowsong. Wolf's Whisper Iron Kiss Steelshatterer Winterwrath :P lol I have no idea... Would indeed be interesting to find out, though. I hope we do.

• I like Iron kiss.

Ironslicer Snowsong. Wolf's Whisper Iron Kiss Steelshatterer Winterwrath :P lol I have no idea... Would indeed be interesting to find out, though. I hope we do.

• Wolf's Whisper would never sound like a Stark sword, but would sound like a sword to a trusted family of spies that serve the Starks.

Wolf's Whisper sounds like it would be a Stark sword.

• A family of spies that serve the Starks? That sounds like it could be intersting.

LukaszB posted: »

Wolf's Whisper would never sound like a Stark sword, but would sound like a sword to a trusted family of spies that serve the Starks.

• Alt text

Poogers555 posted: »

Johnny. Johnny will strike fear in everyone's hearts.

• The Impregnator

• I actually really like that. Best one in this thread imo.

AgentZ46 posted: »

Man I don't know I'd love to hear other peoples ideas. Right know I'm thinking 'Irons Blessing' I guarantee someone will think of something cooler mine isn't that great.

• Iron Spirit

Kinda goes with what Lady Forrester tells Rodrik: "Your body may be damaged, but your spirit must be like iron."

• I only went for it because the Forresters live in the Wolfswood.

Wolf's Whisper sounds like it would be a Stark sword.

• Ah, I forgot about that, my mistake.

I only went for it because the Forresters live in the Wolfswood.

• I think that's my favorite so far.

LoseMyHome posted: »

Iron Spirit Kinda goes with what Lady Forrester tells Rodrik: "Your body may be damaged, but your spirit must be like iron."

• :O yay! I actually do like it but I didn't think other people would.

I actually really like that. Best one in this thread imo.

• I think Endurance is a good name for the sword. The sword is a symbol for House Forrester's relentless endurance against the challenges they face.

• Tbh, I am thinking about "The North Grove"

But that would be stupid if Gregor's Greatsword was called "The North Grove"

I am thinking more of "The Iron Forest"

• The Pimp Hand. Slappin' all the Whitehills who come near it.

• Sword.

The Pimp Hand. Slappin' all the Whitehills who come near it.

• Alt text

voltaire posted: »

The Impregnator

• edited May 2015

Iron

I like it. It makes sense for the Forresters and its simple, like Ice.

Btw. Welcome to the forums!

• Ooh, I like that one.

I think Endurance is a good name for the sword. The sword is a symbol for House Forrester's relentless endurance against the challenges they face.

• Father's Fury

bam, first post.

• edited May 2015

Given the house words are "Iron From Ice" and Ice is already taken.

Iron

• From isn't.

Choombi posted: »

Given the house words are "Iron From Ice" and Ice is already taken. Iron

• The Lannisters did have a Valyrian Steel sword unfortunately it was lost at sea hundreds of years ago.

Can't be. Didn't look like Valyrian Steel, wasn't mentioned to be Valyrian Steel, and if it was, House Forrester would just sell it for thou

• Even if it was Valyrian Steel the Forresters wouldn't sell it. Keep in mind, when house Mormont fell on hard times Jorah chose to sell people as slaves rather than sell his Valyrian sword.

But, that's what I mean. The Forresters would have no choice but to sell it, if it were Valyrian Steel. The sword isn't worth more than their lives.

• I would love Gared to have a sword called the 'Ice Dragon'. He said in the beginning of Episode 1, he would have a sword and the name 'Ice Dragon' sounds neat.

• Polaris, the word is pleasing and communicates power, radiance and the ability to exist on and on into the future. And it fits because Polaris is the North Star and House Forrester has ruled in Ironwrath and loyally supported the Starks since time out of mind.

• I'd go with something like "Resilient Rage"" symbolizing the resilience and strength of House Forrester and Rage symbolizing how brutal a Forrester can be once they've got the upper hand

• edited August 2015

"Iron Root " or "Ice Nettle" since they are a family of lumberjacks

• "North" is a pretty badass name for this sword ^^

Sign in to comment in this discussion.