Grand Conspiracy Thread

Hey guys, My name is Cole and i am pretty new to these forums, I see all these conspiracy threads everywhere so i thought i might start one.

You know so everyone can throw in there own Crackpot/Legit theory's. plus this is kind of a way to compare legit theory's of a similar subject and let everyone examine there flaws and concrete facts, if this actually gets even one comment we need to keep this civil and keep the flaming low. no one wants that shit.

Example:

I don't think Finn Killed that lord's son

i mean the NW is filled with the scum of the earth, Murderers rapists thieves and the like. so i kinda think Finn is acting like 'aww yea. you heard about that one lord's kid that got shanked? yea. that was me' even though he didn't because everyone else there is like that because they did. i mean that knife has the naked lady of house Piper of The Riverlands,(kinda, there lady has banners over her privates) which is a kinda big deal for him if he claimed to of murdered a piper. Also it seems like both Finn (or Cotter if you made Finn happy in Ep2) start warming up to you when you go to take your vows, we know that cotter had a secret but it kinda has me wondering if Finn had a secret too at some point (But i feel that might be scraped by TT since we get to know Cotters secret either way) So we might never know if Finn really killed that guy. but when you kill/let Britt die i think he kinda cracks. and his total hardass douche facade melts away because he is both "OMG that guy was your black-brother!" and "OMG you killed someone!"

BUT

How did he get the knife if he did not kill the lord? was he a simple thief like cotter the potato fucker?
If so how did he keep the knife if he was caught?
and Since he went to the weirwood that means he follow's the old gods and is from the North, and those from the Riverlands follow the Faith. so it is unlikely that finn murdered a lordling from the next kingdom over

or you could just be like "Rodrick is the traitor on the council"

Alright so you guys can destroy this theory (which i seem to have done myself) or post others But remember to have fun typing endless walls of text!

Comments

• First of all, interesting theory, but Finn is from the Riverlands. He's from the lands around Raventree, the seat of House Blackwood. The Blackwoods are descendants of the First Men, and still worship the Old Gods. This is even after the Andal invasion resulted in the vast majority of houses in the south converting to the Faith, including the Blackwoods' arch-rivals, the Brackens. So Finn is simply one of the few Riverlanders/southerners to keep to the Old Gods.

Otherwise, I like this theory. Finn acts like a tough guy, but going from what he says in the last episode, he seems to put that up as a facade. The question is where he got the knife from. He could've been sent to the Wall for a reason like Pyp, but the knife is a mystery to us all.

• So we might never know if Finn really killed that guy. but when you kill/let Britt die i think he kinda cracks. and his total hardass douche facade melts away because he is both "OMG that guy was your black-brother!" and "OMG you killed someone!"

He might've killed someone but puts on a hardass act so he can live with himself. He might not even agree with murder, he just has to tell himself he enjoyed killing the guy so he can sleep at night.

• edited May 2015

Hi Cole! Welcome to the forums!

Mah theory is that Finn and Cotter are going to rule the seven kingdoms and sit on the Iron Throne!

• I have a hard time believing Finn has killed anyone.

• Well now that i get back to reading mine again. i can see this play out better than mine. because this would solve the knife problem

JakeSt123 posted: »

So we might never know if Finn really killed that guy. but when you kill/let Britt die i think he kinda cracks. and his total hardass douche

• It may have been a similar situation to Pyp. I think in the show, a male lord attempted to 'touch' Pyp and he refused, causing the lord to send him to The Wall.

Perhaps a similiar situation arose with this lord, where they forced Finn to do something he didn't want to do (maybe he loved this lord's daughter and the lord told him to stop seeing her), and so out of anger he killed the lord. However it was never intentional, just a horrific accident due to impulse, and one in which he may deeply regret. Thus he places a mask on that, he never loved the girl, killed the lord out of hidden bravery and would "valiantly" accept his ticket to the Wall.

• There was a theory about Jon Snow not being a bastard but being the son of the mad king and the sister of Ned Stark, why this thinking? Ned Stark is a honorable men and not the guy who cheates on his wife i don't know all the details but i've heard it from a friend of mine who reads the books and is truly obsessed with GoT.

• Taken from ASoIaF wiki

"Many readers believe that Jon is not the son of Eddard Stark. Instead, he is the son of Prince Rhaegar Targaryen and Eddard's sister Lyanna. Rhaegar and Lyanna disappeared together to the Tower of Joy early in Robert's Rebellion. There, it's believed, Rhaegar leaves a pregnant Lyanna to defend his family's dynasty.

At the end of Robert's Rebellion, about one year later, Eddard and his companions find three of the Kingsguard at the Tower of Joy: Lord Commander Ser Gerold Hightower, Ser Oswell Whent, and Ser Arthur Dayne. The reasons for their presence and the ensuing fight are unknown, but defending the unborn son of the Heir Apparent would be a good reason to have been posted. The only known survivors of the fight were Eddard himself and Howland Reed. Eddard recalls his sister dying "in a bed of blood," where he made her an unknown promise just before she died.

Also, while Robb, Sansa, Bran and Rickon are said to have Tully features (hair color, eyes), Jon and Arya are said to be closer in appearance (which had made Sansa believe Arya was also a bastard like Jon, until her mother put Sansa's theory down). Arya is said to resemble Lyanna. In the same line of comparison with his "siblings"; while all their direwolves are described having dark fur, Jon's, Ghost is white - a color oft associated with Targaryen features.

Further evidence to the truth of this theory in the eighth Eddard chapter of A Game of Thrones, in which Ned contemplates the significance of King Robert's bastards. As he muses, Ned's thoughts drift to Jon Snow, a logical segue, but also to his sister Lyanna, the promise he made her, and to Rhaegar Targaryen, implying some tacit link between the three individuals.[4]

Daenerys Targaryen's visions in the House of the Undying include an image of Rhaegar with his newborn son Aegon, proclaiming that "there must be a third" because "the dragon has three heads". Given that, according to Jon Connington, Rhaegar's wife Elia was believed infertile after two difficult pregnancies, and that Aegon the Conqueror himself had two wives, it is logical for Rhaegar to have attempted to fulfill the prophecy by having a third child with another woman. Another of the visions Daenerys sees is the image of a blue winter rose growing from a chink in a wall of ice, filling the air with sweetness. Lyanna was noted by Ned to be fond of winter roses, and he associates them with her death. Jon, who could be the product of Lyanna, is currently at the Wall.

If Rhaegar secretly married Lyanna, it would ironically mean that Jon is not a bastard despite his life having been defined by his believed bastard status to a great extent, and that he is the heir to the Iron Throne after Aegon VI Targaryen (although this last point is rendered moot so long as he belongs to the Night's Watch).

With Eddard beheaded by King Joffrey, Howland Reed is the only living person who knows the nature of Lyanna's death and what she made her brother promise."

True_Scum posted: »

There was a theory about Jon Snow not being a bastard but being the son of the mad king and the sister of Ned Stark, why this thinking? Ned

• Dragon fire can't melt stone towers Harrenhal was an inside job wake up sheeple!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.