The ToMI sucks thread.

Ok. Countdown. Time to start downplaying the game so our expectations aren't too high. There's no competing with nostalgia so we need to do this.

ToMI sucks because I just ate a carrot.

Comments

• edited July 2009
    ToMI will suck because....

...because...

...damn this is harder than I thought.
  • TimTim
    edited July 2009
    ToMI will suck because..

..apparently ToMI stands for:

Tools Development of Basic Electronic System Design Automation

Now that has to be the worst acronym ever invented, since it isn't one even (strictly speaking).

Do we want the worst acronym for our beloved pirate game? I think not.
  • edited July 2009
    ToMI sucks because...
    ... there's a monkey in my pocket.
  • edited July 2009
    ... there's a monkey in my pocket.
    So... did you get it back from LeChuck?
  • edited July 2009
    ToMI sucks because...

... I can't think of a reason for it to suck.
  • edited July 2009
    ToMI sucks because I'm not 12 anymore. What the hell am I supposed to do here guys, just drop everything for the next 6 months? It'll start when I can no longer afford quality snacks for my ToMI play sessions. And it'll end with me pawning this computer for a puptent, my new home and sole possession. So thanks a lot Telltale, for releasing this game about 15 years too late, thus bringing utter ruination to my adult life.
  • edited July 2009
    So... did you get it back from LeChuck?

Hee-hee-hee... Stan tryed to sell me another one. Emphasis on tryed.
  • edited July 2009
    So thanks a lot Telltale, for releasing this game about 15 years too late, thus bringing utter ruination to my adult life.

Ummm, you know that this thread is supposed to be funny... as in there is no real reason to say that ToMI sucks... as in what's with the rant?
  • edited July 2009
    ToMI sucks because...

... it will be the best game ever, and it will be a real problem to have any other new game done because we will have a pandemic of depressed game makers because of comparison and unbearable envy :D

Heck, will anyone please think of the game-makers?? :D
  • edited July 2009
    Ummm, you know that this thread is supposed to be funny... as in there is no real reason to say that ToMI sucks... as in what's with the rant?

The rant was surely intended to be funny. As far as it actually succeeding at said goal...
  • edited July 2009
    Tomi sucks because he's a non-Telltale character and thus does not belong here.

ToMI sucks because my notebook does.

ToMI sucks because the weather's way too hot and steamy.
  • edited July 2009
    The rant was surely intended to be funny. As far as it actually succeeding at said goal...

My apologies... :)
  • edited July 2009
    I thought you rant was funny.

But srsly, ToMI sucks because I will not go to sleep untill I beat it. Addictive personality ftl.
  • edited July 2009
    ToMI sucks because it inspired some jerk to start this thread

EDIT: And thanks!
  • edited July 2009
    ToMI sucks because it inspired some jerk to start this thread

But I know you listen to hiphop.
  • edited July 2009
    But of course!
  • edited July 2009
    But of course!

Your "song in hell" rhyme in the Insult thread revealed you. You probably even have written some lyrics yourself.
  • edited July 2009
    ToMI sucks because it'll be released the same day that my copy of Street Fighter 4 will probably show up. Come on Telltale, release it on Monday!!1!elf :D

np: Masha Qrella - I´M Stranger Here Myself (Speaklow (Loewe And Weill In Exile))
  • edited July 2009
    ToMI sucks because...
    ... I went out and bought a Monkey to celebrate the release of the game and he just challenged me to Monkey Combat
  • edited July 2009
    prizna wrote: »
    ToMI sucks because...
    ... I went out and bought a Monkey to celebrate the release of the game and he just challenged me to Monkey Combat

Slam dat fool wit sum eek eek ooks and he'll be murdered dead.
  • edited July 2009
    Tomi sucks because it's a brand of children's toys which, tbh, have parts too small to be allowed in the hands of small children.

ToMI sucks because it needs to come with a shot of free grog (SMI recipe).
  • edited July 2009
    TomI will suck because one month is too long to wait between episodes especially since one epi can be completed in 4 5 hours

true story

/thread

THREAD LOCKED
  • edited July 2009
    It will suck because it's not designed specifically for use with a trackball and a USB rubber chicken!
  • edited July 2009
    ToMI sucks because I waste too much time in this forum.
    ToMI sucks because I wrote some insults which I can't translate into my native language properly.
    ToMI sucks because I pre-ordered it before I even knew if it will run on my notebook. (It probably will, albeit a bit slow.)
    ToMI sucks because it made me forget about that RPG, well, almost.
    ToMI sucks because I am using a MI-SE wallpaper as my desktop background now.
    ToMI sucks because if you'd ask me today, I'd tell you that my favorite game character is Guybrush Threepwood.
  • edited July 2009
    TMI sucks because...

-W&G controls suck
    -the DVD won't play in a UK PC
    -LeChuck is a woman
    -the game isn't in 2D
    -the DVD won't play all episodes continuously
    -it isn't on PS3
    -MI:SE looks so much better
    -it doesn't have insult swordfighting
    -Stan and Murray aren't in it
    -not everyone has credit cards
    -you suck
  • edited July 2009
    Shmeh wrote: »
    TMI sucks because...

-W&G controls suck
    -LeChuck is a woman
    -the game isn't in 2D
    -it isn't on PS3
    -you suck
    I hereby declare this thread DONE and OVER. :D
  • edited July 2009
    cause the Guy from italy is right. The other gamedevelopers have to compare with. :-)
  • edited July 2009
    TMI sucks because...

-W&G controls suck
    -LeChuck is a woman
    -the game isn't in 2D
    -it isn't on PS3
    -you suck

- And ToMI will have different controls.
    - So? Just dl the episodes.
    - You fell for that? You're dumb.
    - No, it's in 3d LDO. It's what made the making possible.
    - Ok, if it's true then that's kinda bad.
    - Whatever, stay true to the art and play it on PC.
    - Yeah, Guybrush like a doofus zombie looks rly good srsly. Have you seen how he walks? You're taste needs heavy refining.
    - I haven't played any episode yet, neither have you. It may contain insult swordfighting in another form.
    - You don't know that.
    - Well, anyone lacking credit card in this day and age could surely persuade his/her parents to pay up.
    - I disagree.
  • edited July 2009
    ToMI will suck because TellTale's format of light and simple adventuring with gentle humour will seem incongruous with a series so many of us cherish. The little differences will gnaw away, incapable of living up to the standards the originals set and nostalgia hardened. This will turn to disappointment and leave the experience hollow, creating a deep resentment.

Damn I'm good at Devil's Advocate. Only 2 days, woot!
  • edited July 2009
    *snip*
    Epic sarcasm detector FAIL.

np: Silkie - Dam 4 (Soul Jazz Records Singles 2008-2009 (Disc 2))
  • edited July 2009
    TOMI will suck because....

..halfway through the game, you'll find out that Monkey Island is a hologram for being a pirate in a piratey adventure, sitting in a cantina in the Star Wars world.
  • edited July 2009
    Guybrush has scurvy.
  • edited July 2009
    TOMI sucks because i had to spend $30+ buck on buying it and now i feel like saving and not subscribing to WoW
  • edited July 2009
    ToMI sucks because I won't be able to think of anything else before Tuesday.
    ToMI sucks because I won't be able to stop playing until I finished the episode.
    ToMI sucks because I'll throw my notebook out of the window if the game does not run properly.
    ToMI sucks because at dA I ignore the 400 deviations from friends and search for MI fanart instead.
  • edited July 2009
    ToMI sucks because I have to wait a month between Episodes.
  • edited July 2009
    Leak wrote: »
    Epic sarcasm detector FAIL.

np: Silkie - Dam 4 (Soul Jazz Records Singles 2008-2009 (Disc 2))
    He was def serious.
  • edited July 2009
    ToMI will suck because of diffusion. See, the game will have a lower concentration of matter than its surrounding environment, and erm...
  • edited July 2009
    TMI sucks because...

Actually, it will.
  • edited July 2009
    Actually, it will.
    Just for the record - Shmeh, whom you quoted, just listed all kinds of things other people have written about here on the forum in the last few days, most of which (like this one) have already been refuted.

That looks very much like sarcasm to me, which would be quite what this thread as a whole intended... *hint hint*

np: Evil Nine - Icicles ft. Seraphim (They Live!)
  • edited July 2009
    He was def serious.

Um... no, no he wasn't.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.