The ToMI sucks thread.

2»

Comments

• edited July 2009
    ToMI will suck because I think that any game that isn't exactly the same as games I've already played in the past can't possibly be any good.

Oh and graphics DEFINITELY matter for Monkey Island, I mean a game can't possibly be fun or worth playing if it doesn't look like real life. The original Secret of Monkey Island had photorealistic graphics and you could see every hair on Guybrush's head blowing in the wind, these new graphics are so lazy compared to the level of realism in previous games in the series.

And what is with Guybrush? Don't they know he's really Japanese and a master of kung fu? Now he's some scrawny blonde white guy? Man, no respect for the source material.

I also think it's a big mistake to have this game be controlled by throwing rocks at your monitor. I mean, why do they have to force these horrible control schemes on us? I haven't actually read anything about the game or watched any trailers for it, but I assume that since some other game might have involved this control scheme, that this game DEFINITELY uses it. I lost the rock throwing championship 10 years ago and now this game is forcing me to relive those painful memories with its horrendous and archaic control scheme.

One more thing that will make it suck is that it's not a first person shooter, I know the other games were all third person point and click adventure games, but I mean what is the point of having 3d graphics if I'm not able to shoot everything on screen to death? Isn't that what 3d was invented for?

These game developers, they just don't get it. I mean, they obviously have never played an adventure game and they have no idea what they're doing. Why don't they just let random people on message boards design the game? Angry masses on message boards are never wrong about anything. Ever.
  • edited July 2009
    Let me try this:

Tales of Monkey Island (I just can't stand Acronyms on the Internet) will suck because...

...a few hours after its release, thousands of "not very nice people" (you can replace this with more unpolite words if you like) will swarm over this forum and Ron Gilberts Blog (poor Ronnie) and start complaining about it. That it's not "their" Monkey Island, because of the Graphics and so on. Giving me the urge to eat my desk and punch my face at the same time.

Ok, many people are complaining about this stuff already (or had complained about this), but after the release, their will be much more people than now.

Oh and it will suck, because none of my friends play Adventure games, so there is no one around to talk about hte jokes.
  • edited July 2009
    inso wrote: »
    Um... no, no he wasn't.

Ok, then neither was I.
  • edited July 2009
    tomi will suck cause the sex-scene between guybrush and elaine right in front of a distraughted le chuck won't make in the final release....
  • edited July 2009
    Cyphox wrote: »
    tomi will suck cause the sex-scene between guybrush and elaine right in front of a distraughted le chuck won't make in the final release....

But it'll be available on the disc, you just need to use a hack to get to it.

Hot Grog, anyone?
  • edited July 2009
    Just in case you wanted to hear it from me to believe it.....yes, the post was a joke. It's a gag thread so I didn't think it needed a smiley to make it obvious. :)
  • edited July 2009
    MOKKA wrote: »
    Oh and it will suck, because none of my friends play Adventure games, so there is no one around to talk about hte jokes.

Thats what we're here for! ;)
  • edited July 2009
    ToMI will suck because it's not going to be exactly how I imagine in every possible detail.
  • TeaTea
    edited July 2009
    Hee-hee-hee... Stan tryed to sell me another one. Emphasis on tryed.

What about emphasis on tried ;)

[/grammarandspellingwhore]
  • edited July 2009
    Pale Man wrote: »
    But it'll be available on the disc, you just need to use a hack to get to it.

Hot Grog, anyone?
    Actually unleashing the hot grog will reveal not only the secret of Monkey Island but Ron Gilbert's social security number as well.
  • edited July 2009
    MOKKA wrote: »
    ...a few hours after its release, thousands of "not very nice people" (you can replace this with more unpolite words if you like) will swarm over this forum and Ron Gilberts Blog (poor Ronnie) and start complaining about it.

I'd do everything to see Ron Gilbert's "real" MI3 in VGA graphics though, and if complaining on his site in an unfriendly way would help that, I'd do it. But it doesn't help anything, so I'll just take TMI instead and enjoy it as much as the other two Non Gilbert MI games. =)
    TT did a good job with Sam and Max after all, so why should TMI suck?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.