I have a suspicion about Lord Glenmore... (Ep. 4 Trailer Talk)

I think he's dead. I have a few reasons to believe so:

1. It being reason the Glenmores want Gryff gone as revenge would make sense.
  2. The fact that Elaena's brother says 'I command father's elite guard' and that 'they're yours if you take down Gryff' tells me that Lord Glenmore doesn't need them anymore cause he's dead.
  3. 'Something happened' from Elaena. What would bring her and her brother all the way to Ironrath, especially since the brother is captain of the farher's personal elite guard?

What do you all think?

Comments

• edited May 2015

No my opinion is that the glenmores are helping gryff because boltons keeps hostage elaenas father and in other words rodrik is fucked.

• That sounds really plausible

• I like this theory. It would make sense as to why they randomly show up at Ironwrath. One thing that I don't agree with is the belief that Ludd Whitehill is some political mastermind that is secretly working with the Glenmores or anything like that. We really have no evidence that Ludd is clever what so ever. In fact from our limited interactions with him, I find him to be quite unintelligent. Like when he and Ramsay are discussing with Ethan about the Iron wood and Ludds like "with enough time we could achieve forester quality ironwood" He just doesn't strike me as a genius, if anything he reminds of Walder Frey, who only acted boldly after he knew he had Lanister backing. Except in Ludds situation, I think he thinks the Boltons totally have his back, yet in all honesty, I don't think the Boltons care so much about him, they just want Ironwood. They've got other Stark Loyalists to worry about.
    Really hope that I'm right about this, because I really don't want the Glenmores to stab us in the back.

• I like this theory. It seems really plausible

• Interesting...

• Ludd Whitehill a mastemind he doesnt have the brain to wipe his own ass he just follows boltons orders

• Ludd Whitehill a mastemind he doesnt have the brain to wipe his own ass he just follows boltons orders

• Why would they need those extra troops? The Whitehills took Ironrath with only a couple dozen men. They don't need the Glenmores there to hold it.

No my opinion is that the glenmores are helping gryff because boltons keeps hostage elaenas father and in other words rodrik is fucked.

• edited May 2015

Yes but remember in the small counsil there is a traitor and rodrik is ready to make his move and this traitor told everything to ludd whitehill so here we are rodrik is so dead

Why would they need those extra troops? The Whitehills took Ironrath with only a couple dozen men. They don't need the Glenmores there to hold it.

• Yeah, I forgot about the traitor. I'm still holding out hope that at least one thing will happen in the Forrester's favor. It would be pretty messed up for the Glenmores to betray their old ally like that, especially after Eleana promised she'd marry Rodrik in my playthrough.

Yes but remember in the small counsil there is a traitor and rodrik is ready to make his move and this traitor told everything to ludd whitehill so here we are rodrik is so dead

• Lord Glenmore has decided an Elaena-Gryff marriage is safer than an Elaena-Rodrik, hence why Elaena and her brother come to Rodrik in secret and ask them to take Gryff down. They want Gryff gone so Elaena doesn't have to marry him.

Either that or the Whitehills are making threats towards House Glenmore, too.

Elaena's brother speaks of their father as if he's still alive. If he were dead, he would say "I command my elite guard" or "I command our brother's elite guard" as someone other than their father would be lord.

• But why would the elite guard not be guarding the lord? That's what I don't get.

JakeSt123 posted: »

Lord Glenmore has decided an Elaena-Gryff marriage is safer than an Elaena-Rodrik, hence why Elaena and her brother come to Rodrik in secret

• I dont think that Ludd and Walder has something in common becuase Walder is very clever. Ludd is simply a less fat version of Homer Simpson, but in general I agree with your summary.

• You're assuming what we saw in the trailer was all of the elite guard. Some of them are probably still back at the Glenmore stronghold do just that.

But why would the elite guard not be guarding the lord? That's what I don't get.

• True....

Ludd Whitehill a mastemind he doesnt have the brain to wipe his own ass he just follows boltons orders

• I agree with you. I think that Ludd and the other Whitehills are taking it for granted that Roose will just let them do whatever they want to the Forresters, without any interference from him. Especially with how bad the Crown seems to need/want the Ironwood and what the Forresters can make from it.

I mean look how Roose treats his son. Not as a treasured member of his family, but as an attack dog of sorts, a threat. But we also see him chastise him, and call him stupid for some of his decisions. We know Roose doesn't trust his judgement. We also know that Roose likes to be obeyed in his orders, without question, without deviation. So what will Roose do when he finds out about this situation? Were these his orders?
    Or is Ludd just taking advantage of a situation where he believes that he has the upper hand, and little to no supervision of his plans of action?

I really don't understand what happened between the Forresters and the Whitehills for Ludd and Gryph to be so vehement in their hatred for All the Forresters. They keep bringing up the Pride angle, and i just don't see the Forresters as being so puffed up as to brag, or bully or lord their positions over anyone.

But i don't believe that Roose Bolton will let Ludd Whitehill destroy his hopes of staying in the good graces of Cersei through his actions either.

• I could see this. Eleana's father was the one who wanted her to reject or break the betrothal, and after Rodrick convinces her with the Ironwood deal, she says, "yes, i think that should convince him." Which only means that she hopes that it will.

We don't see if it convinces Lord Glenmore or not, but i suspect not. I think that Ludd probably sent a raven to him or something, saying 'that there wont be any Ironwood to share with the Glenmores as the Whitehills have taken control of it all, so he better reconsider the betrothal to Rodrick, for one to Gryph. Then Eleana can still be Lady of Ironrath.'

And so he does. And tells Eleana that this is how it has to be. But she refuses to be forced into marriage with Gryph the Fourthborn Fuckface, and so enlists her brothers aid to help the Forresters and herself out of this situation.

Lord Glenmore has decided an Elaena-Gryff marriage is safer than an Elaena-Rodrik, hence why Elaena and her brother come to Rodrik in secret

• You nailed it, couldn't agree more!

Arya_Stupid posted: »

I agree with you. I think that Ludd and the other Whitehills are taking it for granted that Roose will just let them do whatever they want t

• This feels much more likely for why Gryff is the specific target.

• Are you forgetting what Ramsay said? "I don't care about loyalty".

Ludd Whitehill a mastemind he doesnt have the brain to wipe his own ass he just follows boltons orders

• The Very Elite Of The Elite guard are guarding lord Glenmore

You're assuming what we saw in the trailer was all of the elite guard. Some of them are probably still back at the Glenmore stronghold do just that.

• He did not follow Roose Bolton's orders.

• That definitely does look like that is the entire elite guard. Key word ELITE! 1 in a hundred is elite. There were around 15 elite guards, the entire army than would be 1500 men. That makes sense while any more would not.

You're assuming what we saw in the trailer was all of the elite guard. Some of them are probably still back at the Glenmore stronghold do just that.

• edited May 2015

Elite noun - 'a select group that is superior in terms of ability or qualities to the rest of a group or society.'

'Elite' is about quality. It's got nothing to do with number ratios. If a 16th soldier proved himself worthy enough to be called 'elite', would they not let him into the guard because they already have 15? Or would Lord Glenmore have to go get another 100 regular soldiers, so that the ratio was still accurate?

Who the hell cares anyway? Telltale have had much bigger plotholes, than why the elite guard may or may not be defending their lord at all times. If he's got 1485 other soldiers to fall back on, then I'm sure he'll be fine.

LukaszB posted: »

That definitely does look like that is the entire elite guard. Key word ELITE! 1 in a hundred is elite. There were around 15 elite guards, the entire army than would be 1500 men. That makes sense while any more would not.

• edited May 2015

Group or society, this is neither. In historical terms they are the highest rank before colonel which used to be the second highest rank. And only the elite guards can protect their lord in their own land.

Elite noun - 'a select group that is superior in terms of ability or qualities to the rest of a group or society.' 'Elite' is about quali

• Uh... 'group' is a general collective noun for a number of people or things that are located, gathered, or classed together in any way, so it can apply to basically anything, but anyway I suspect that Telltale couldn't care less about any real world historical application for the term. 'Elite guard' just sounded cool. Much like 'Sentinel', as their equivalent of a Hand despite that term not existing at all in the original source material. Don't be surprised if they don't adhere to the same strict technical description as you do.

Group or society, this is neither. In historical terms they are the highest rank before colonel which used to be the second highest rank. And only the elite guards can protect their lord in their own land.

• Telltale based their game on the show which does use the original source material a lot. Hand is based on Right Hand Man.

Uh... 'group' is a general collective noun for a number of people or things that are located, gathered, or classed together in any way, so i

• edited May 2015

Um...I'm saying 'Sentinel' is the term that isn't from the source material, not 'Hand'.

Telltale based their game on the show which does use the original source material a lot. Hand is based on Right Hand Man.

• Called that shit!!

Arya_Stupid posted: »

I could see this. Eleana's father was the one who wanted her to reject or break the betrothal, and after Rodrick convinces her with the Iron

Sign in to comment in this discussion.