1 day left. what time can we download..?

Now it is 1 day left. and im woundring what time i can download the game..? is there anyone who knows...?

maybe today after midnight :P

Comments

• edited July 2009
    Don't bet on it :-p
    AFAIR the new games usually come out around 4-5 PM central european time ...i guess thats about 9-10'ish west coast time
  • edited July 2009
    I work the night shift at my job, and I seem to remember coming home at 4:00am eastern time and Muzzled! was already out.
  • edited July 2009
    Instead of "1 days[sic] left", an hour:minutes:seconds countdown might have been more helpful. :)
  • edited July 2009
    Jerec84 wrote: »
    Instead of "1 days[sic] left", an hour:minutes:seconds countdown might have been more helpful. :)

If they knew :p:. My guess would be that they're still working on finalising the game today and wouldn't like to put up a timer in case any show stopping bugs come to light and they just disappoint everyone.
  • edited July 2009
    They wouldn't be able to do a hours/mins/secs because TTG don't work on a release schedule quite that accurate - just the day is good enough :)

So BE PATIENT. It'll come out tomorrow (just like the sun that Lil' Orphan Annie sings about) and it'll be at some point during the San Francisco working day.
  • edited July 2009
    I would have liked an "hour: minutes: seconds" countdown as well, just to know till when I still have time to pre-order the game. I will only find time for it this evening (german time, that is) and I really hope that the pre-ordering can still be done by then. But if my maths are right, it should work.
  • edited July 2009
    I would have liked an "hour: minutes: seconds" countdown as well, just to know till when I still have time to pre-order the game. I will only find time for it this evening (german time, that is) and I really hope that the pre-ordering can still be done by then. But if my maths are right, it should work.

Yes, a counter would be great but for the one Day it doesn't make much
    sense. :) It would be lovely if the Game released in the evening
    (German Time). :D
    Can't wait to tell Guybrush what do to, with my Mouse. *ggg* :D
  • edited July 2009
    I would even prefer that they let us download an encrypted Archive already (maybe even a week earlier) and they just publish the code to decrypt it, on the second when it is 7.7.09, in somewhere like new zealand, which is a couple of hours ahead.
  • edited July 2009
    burak wrote: »
    I would even prefer that they let us download an encrypted Archive already.
    I bet they're still working on the game down to the last second.
  • edited July 2009
    don't forget it will be going by telltale time which is 8 hours behind (if you are from Uk) so expect it later in the day to download. The exception was wallace and gromit which was available in the morning... as it is a british franchise.
  • edited July 2009
    Working on it till the last second would be dumb !
    Don't they have some kind of "Investors" that try to make sure that they do it allright ? Investment security or something ?

Well I'm going to reclaim my money if they do not manage to deliver the game to me till the 8.July according to their time.
  • edited July 2009
    burak wrote: »
    Well I'm going to reclaim my money if they do not manage to deliver the game to me till the 8.July according to their time.

That's surely not going to happen. ;)
  • edited July 2009
    Can hardly believe this is even happening.

To think, just as little as 2 months ago, we thought this franchise was still as good as dead, and now, 2 huge releases in the space of a fortnight.

I'm still pinching myself.. :P
  • edited July 2009
    hmm wonder when the reviews are gonna hit the web?
  • edited July 2009
    badmonk wrote: »
    hmm wonder when the reviews are gonna hit the web?

German review from MTV's GameOne is coming out tommorow!
  • edited July 2009
    Best game release of 09 IMO! and it starts within the next 24 hours :D
  • edited July 2009
    Some reviews get posted tomorrow and Wednesday from what I've been told. Can't wait only a few hours left!!!! :D
  • edited July 2009
    Right. Tomorrow at 11 AM GTM +1:00 (Poland) I'm having my diploma exam. Just wonder how long I'll have to wait for my game after the exam : )
  • edited July 2009
    Yes and I'll be posting a detailed review at the earliest possible moment available to me.

http://scummgames.net/mitales.php
  • edited July 2009
    i don't know but I've prepared my squealing like a school girl voice for the moment I refresh my account page and it appears :D
  • edited July 2009
    i might get it today if it on wiiware
  • edited July 2009
    If a company was to give the exact second a game was going to be released, there would be so much traffic on the servers in the minute leading up to the release it would be crazy. To prevent the servers from crashing they would need to account for this before hand. By not giving an exact second, people are less willing to hammer the servers, waiting for the release, and so the server load at any one point in time is reduced. Also, there would be a possibility of this forum being over-run with "IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN RELEASED FIVE MINUTES AGO!!!! :mad:" posts.

Having a countdown to the exact second of release might seem like a good idea, but it would cause TTG more problems than it's worth.
  • edited July 2009
    true true....
  • edited July 2009
    I needs it now.
  • edited July 2009
    hehe! we all do ;)
  • edited July 2009
    its like it is christmas
  • edited July 2009
    I'm hoping that it will be released by the time I get home from work tomorrow...but living in the UK I might just be getting my hopes up
  • edited July 2009
    Its usually around 3, 4 o'clock here, not sure about America, early morning I guess it would be morning for you guys.
  • edited July 2009
    what about Norway then...?
  • edited July 2009
    I'm about to spazz out.
  • edited July 2009
    to bad for you then!!!!
  • edited July 2009
    Shmeh wrote: »
    If a company was to give the exact second a game was going to be released, there would be so much traffic on the servers in the minute leading up to the release it would be crazy. To prevent the servers from crashing they would need to account for this before hand. By not giving an exact second, people are less willing to hammer the servers, waiting for the release, and so the server load at any one point in time is reduced. Also, there would be a possibility of this forum being over-run with "IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN RELEASED FIVE MINUTES AGO!!!! :mad:" posts.

Having a countdown to the exact second of release might seem like a good idea, but it would cause TTG more problems than it's worth.

Thats why we in 2009 have a feature created that is called preload :) Telltale could use that as well as steam :)
  • edited July 2009
    It's probably finished and ready for release, they'll probably be working on the next episode and making sure that the file servers etc are all ready and stuff. I'm excited tho fo sho!
  • edited July 2009
    I don't think that I will DL tommorow because I rather have a copy that I can keep to myself FOREVER ... DL copies are so easy to loose copies of and it's not reliable. I did that with S&M and I lost most the games...until I bought them on a season release DVD ...
  • edited July 2009
    doodo! wrote: »
    I don't think that I will DL tommorow because I rather have a copy that I can keep to myself FOREVER ... DL copies are so easy to loose copies of and it's not reliable. I did that with S&M and I lost most the games...until I bought them on a season release DVD ...

FOREVER yes, but I don't understand what you mean by being able to lose downloads?

Did they up and walk away?

DVD's are much easier to lose then that which you can download off your telltale account all the time... Unless you're simple or something :p
  • edited July 2009
    You make no sense! Not reliable? Loosing copies? Are you deleting the files after you download them? You can redownload. Are you not saving the serial numbers? They're on your account.

And yes you can keep the disc version to yourself forever (unless they jump out of a moving car or something) but that shouldn't stop you from downloading unless you want to play it from start to finish but in all honesty what you've just said doesn't make a single bit of sense
  • edited July 2009
    The tension is killing me!
  • edited July 2009
    me to! haha I honestly cant wait! just got myself some lasagna so I guess that'll help killing time :P
    would be nice to know within the hour of when it will be released the timezone I am in. ( Norway. think its gm + 1 or something like that )
  • edited July 2009
    I guess that an hour/min/sec timer would only count down to server crash as so many before them :)
  • edited July 2009
    I can wait. I'll probably download it only at the evening, because I have to work during the day and if I download it ASAP then I can't do any work.

Only way you can lose your games from your account is to share your password in some pirate site so that people download game huge number of times. But if you have downloaded all those times yourself (and not pirated your copy) you can get extra downloads by contacting Telltale. Also if you have downloaded full season you can order free DVD and you just have to pay the shipping.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.