Episode 5 Release Date Discussion - PC/Mac/PS3/PS4/Xbox One/Xbox 360/iOS/Android Out Now

Comments

• If not, fans are going to be very mad and disappointed.

JackBauer24 posted: »

So definitely sometime this month?

• I'm sort of expecting no big battle. Many shows i've watched have spent the better part of the season building up huge battles and then they just don't happen.

I would love for a big battle to happen . Alternating between Rodrik and Asher during the same fight sequence. Itd be epic :D

MagnusVrang posted: »

What are the chances of a battle between the Forresters and the Whitehills in episode 6?

• Definitely something this week.

JackBauer24 posted: »

So definitely sometime this month?

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Not too different from the norm.

If not, fans are going to be very mad and disappointed.

• edited July 2015

Here's a HUGE bit of hope. usually the episode release a week after they finally let us see the actual episode size.

Episode 5 will be a 2.20 GB download. :D :D :D :D

Steam Database GoT

• Mira sneakin around cutting throats.. I would play.

• Telltale: news this week guys!

Telltale: releases screenshots and trailer Sunday at 11:59 PM

• edited July 2015

Awesomeness. I'm really thinking it's July 21st at this point.

Edit: Does anyone remember if Episode 4's file size got uploaded to the database a week before we thought it would come out (May 19th)? Because we all remember how disappointed we were in TellTale the night of the 17th.

Wigams posted: »

Here's a HUGE bit of hope. usually the episode release a week after they finally let us see the actual episode size. Episode 5 will be a 2.20 GB download. Steam Database GoT

• Yeah, that would be cool.

I'm sort of expecting no big battle. Many shows i've watched have spent the better part of the season building up huge battles and then the

• When you play the Game of Thrones, don't go to weddings or the Blackwater.

• Welp, I'm jealous for the night. :P

• Playtesting...Hm, I really hope its' a finished build.

• You say this as if previous episodes have been unfinished.

Playtesting...Hm, I really hope its' a finished build.

• edited July 2015

Not what I meant at all. I was just hoping that the current build he's playtesting is a final copy of the episode. Meaning we could get the episode next week. Not trying to be negative at all dude :U

You say this as if previous episodes have been unfinished.

• Ah, ok. Sorry for the misunderstanding. From my experience, this series has had minimal glitches.

Not what I meant at all. I was just hoping that the current build he's playtesting is a final copy of the episode. Meaning we could get the episode next week. Not trying to be negative at all dude :U

• Job, you lucky son of a bitch :(

• Kind of off-topic, but am I the only one who really liked Ethan? Like at the start I hated his VA but he grew on me and then, well, that thing happened. Honestly, I would prefer Ethan over Rodrick, but unless there's some sort of magic or something in the GoT universe I don't know about, Ethan coming back isn't going to happen anytime soon =(

• Actually from my experiences (not to shit on Telltale or anything because the episodes ARE definitely fantastic) this has been the most buggy TT game to date.

Ah, ok. Sorry for the misunderstanding. From my experience, this series has had minimal glitches.

• edited July 2015

Have you've played some of Telltale's older games? I ran into some pretty awful bugs in the past.

Green613 posted: »

Actually from my experiences (not to shit on Telltale or anything because the episodes ARE definitely fantastic) this has been the most buggy TT game to date.

• edited July 2015

You know how some have criticized the Forrester story getting too similar to the Starks?

Well, Season 1 of the show was more like a Prologue than anything else, Eddard Stark's murder would spark the War of the Five Kings which in turn would trigger more subsequent events, you could say much of the plotline of GoT owes its existence to Eddard's death.

Iron from Ice is like that - Telltale Games are normally 5 episodes long, the reason this was 6 was because it followed a similar format to the show - Ethan's unjust death would spark much of the subsequent plotlines we see in the remaining 5 episodes, the first episode was in this was a prologue to begin the story - the story which starts with the death of a young unprepared Forrester lord.

Season 1 of the show was a prelude for the real plot to come, same for Episode 1 of the game.

I liked Ethan - I liked Eddard Stark as well - likable characters who aren't ruthless sociopaths tend to have little to no plot armor in ASOIAF. Except Brienne.

BTW Ramsay is diabolical but I enjoy every scene he's in and he's better than Joffrey in some weird evil way.

• I am so jealous..... I wish I could play it now - the game might be released this week or maybe in ten days, certainly within a fortnight, oh... it pains me to wait so long (yes I know its actually a short wait if its released this week but it feels long).

• Nah I haven't, I've tried a small bit of Sam and Max (wasn't my cup of tea) and it ran fine for the most part :p

Have you've played some of Telltale's older games? I ran into some pretty awful bugs in the past.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

It's likely a press build so it will be pretty much finished at this point.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I haven't had any bugs during GoT apart from one small glitch where Royland appeared out of nowhere when we where walking out of the Highpoint meeting room.

Actually from my experiences (not to shit on Telltale or anything because the episodes ARE definitely fantastic) this has been the most buggy TT game to date.

• Time to start sharpen our danger senses again

• I hope so but it'll probably be Tyrion's quote, "Kings landing is a nest of vipers to the uniniated."

Either way more Mira :)

UrbanRodrik posted: »

I see that the release date is coming YES! (wait a nest of vipers??? The red viper ? )

• It's not released this week, it's released in one week. But yes, it's been a short wait again, which is nice

Harian96 posted: »

I am so jealous..... I wish I could play it now - the game might be released this week or maybe in ten days, certainly within a fortnight, o

• edited July 2015

Looks like I'm late to the party.

Alt text

• In my game there are maybe two buggs that I can think of.

• I couldnt say this better myself clap clap

• Only 2.20 gb?

Here's a HUGE bit of hope. usually the episode release a week after they finally let us see the actual episode size. Episode 5 will be a 2.20 GB download. Steam Database GoT

• edited July 2015

Anyone else know that moment when you replay all episodes the week before a new one comes out... every time...

No? That's only me?

• Now there are two of us, bro

![Alt text](http://content-15.foto.mail.ru/mail/altairap.ru/touchanswers/i-418.jpg  "Optional title")

Anyone else know that moment when you replay all episodes the week before a new one comes out... every time... No? That's only me?

• I do that too :P

Anyone else know that moment when you replay all episodes the week before a new one comes out... every time... No? That's only me?

• There's actually a bug in the very first sequence. When Lord Forrester is being attacked near the end of Chapter 1, his sword just hovers in the middle of the air....its pretty funny.

OzzyUK posted: »

I haven't had any bugs during GoT apart from one small glitch where Royland appeared out of nowhere when we where walking out of the Highpoint meeting room.

• Ethan was no Eddard Stark.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.