Traitor's Identity - Episode 4 Clue

edited May 2015 in Game Of Thrones

I think the Maester is the traitor. In fact, I think he's Ebbert Whitehill under the alias Ortegryn, and Gryff didn't recognize him probably because he went to the Citadel shortly after Gryff was born.

Comments

• I am still thinking the Maester is the traitor, but I can admit seeing Whitehill mercilessly beat him up left me with some doubts. Unless he failed to deliver important information Gryff needed, him receiving such a beating can possibly rule him out as the traitor.

• I almost feel like its really Duncan. After seeing Gryff beat up the Maester I feel like that crosses him off the list. Royland always jumps to violence agents the Whitehills. I almost feel like Lord Forester knew Duncan was a traitor and for some reason he wanted Gared to tell Duncan about the North Grove. As far as we know, the North Grove might just be a big trap for the Whitehills

• I have no clue why, but I started to suspect Royland.. and that guy is my damn SENTINEL...

When I decided to take the Glenmore Soldiers with me, he had such an evil grin on his face...

• Do the people who still suspect Royland or Duncan know that they both can show complete willingness to kill Ludd Whitehill?

• Lady Forrester can express a desire to kill all whitehill babies but it doesn't stop people suspecting her.

• Yeah but if I had to choose between Royalnd or Duncan as a traitor I would have to say Duncan, mostly because we've seen Royland fight them and he's always trying to teach Rodrick how to take them down and wants to take more hostile approaches agents the whitehills, unlike Duncan who doesnt want to harm them.

• But Lady Forrester doesn't have a scene where she throws an axe through a Whitehill baby's head.

Flog61 posted: »

Lady Forrester can express a desire to kill all whitehill babies but it doesn't stop people suspecting her.

• In the sneak preview of the next episode Rodrick says "I can't believe I trusted him!" after reading a slip of paper. Assuming that's referring to the traitor, that kind of rules out Lady Forrester.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

I was thinking it was a reference to the exchange between Ryon and Gryff.

• Presumably we'd witness the exchange first-hand, no? If Ludd tries a double-cross we won't need to find out about it via raven.

dojo32161 posted: »

I was thinking it was a reference to the exchange between Ryon and Gryff.

• I think Gryff doesn't know about Ludd's spy. It is perfectly reasonable to suspect Ludd wouldn't tell Gryff he had a spy in Ironrath in order to keep the spy well hidden.

fayescarlet posted: »

I am still thinking the Maester is the traitor, but I can admit seeing Whitehill mercilessly beat him up left me with some doubts. Unless he

• I do not think Duncan is the traitor because when ludd whitehill threatened to kill ryon I chose the option that duncan attack Ludd, and he killed him, why would he do that if he's helping Whitehills?

• It's a HE, so keep that in mind.

• It happens also if royland is the sentinel.

• I think it will end up being the one we least suspected....

Rodrick himself!

• My thinking is why would Duncan be so hard pressed for Gared finding the north grove and to preserve house Forrester if he was the traitor?(of course if he was a traitor, the north grove could be useful to the whitehills as well but thats too convoluted and indirect as he could have somebody else look for it).

Royland is my sentinel and i think he is too much of a warmongering idiot to think so far as betraying the house for his own personal gain. I left the guards behind and brought Duncan because i thought I might as well, perchance he was the traitor and we were walking into a death trap.

imo even though i made the deal for the trade i don't understand why they let us go, why not keep both Rodrick and lady Forrester as hostages as well? its not like the number of hostages make much difference but at least you cut off the leadership. If i was Ludd I'd never let them leave.

• I'm still subscribed to the theory that the traitor is whomever you didn't pick as Sentinel. Aside from changes in dialogue, that choice has yet to fully play itself out. You can easily make a reasonable case for both of them, non-canon "Attack" option withstanding.

• edited May 2015

Yeah I'm about 80% sure it's the Master especially after the episode 5 preview ("I can't believe I trusted him"). I think the Maester being beaten is just an elaborate ruse. The other 20% goes to Lady Forrester. Something just still doesn't feel right with her and I guess who is to say the letter Rodrik gets in the trailer even has to do with the spy.

• I really hope it's a fixed thing rather the game just swindling you with it being the opposite of who you choose between Duncan and Ser Royland, because in both cases the game provides legitimate instances in which they both clearly and gladly attack Whitehill's with you.

I was a bit suspicious of Ortengryn when whoever it was said he was "arguing with Gryff"

• Ooooh, I didn't even think of that when Gwen said one of her older brothers went to the Citadel. And she kept emphasizing how much older they were too. Layers upon layers of conspiracy.

• Also don't forget Gryff's older brothers apparently treated him like garbage. Maybe Gryff was just using his new position of authority as an excuse to get revenge on one of his former tormentors.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.