Why should I get this game?

Just an honest question, I don't really know shit about it. No spoilerino pls.

Comments

• edited May 2015

Are you saying you don't know the setting or just what the game is about?

Anyway, I would recommend it but you will get more of the game if you actually check the TV show up to a certain event.

• For one very special line.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited May 2015

I'd probably recommend watching the show before playing since this one has a lot more to do with the source material than most other Telltale games. Personally it's been my least favorite Telltale series but I've seen people who consider it their favorite so your mileage may vary.

• If you watch the show you'll definitely be way more inclined to buy it. If you don't plan to you probably won't have a fun time since you most likely won't understand a lot of the stuff though when I first played it I hadn't watched any of the show and still loved the first episode, that was probably just me and a few others. Other than not understanding the setting it works a lot like TWD (plot-wise) and Telltales more recent choice based games like TFTBL (gameplay wise) so if you liked those things you'll most definitely like this.

• Well, Im not a fan of the show but I like the game alot, but I didnt really like episode 1. But I would overall recommend it if you are a fan of Telltale.

• Because it is incredible. Probably Telltale's best game since TWD S1 right next to TWAU

• Reason for buying:

It will give your life meaning

• edited May 2015

Also buy it so you can be this pretty..

Alt text

Don't you want to be pretty?!?

• Do you realize that this is a major spoiler?

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Whether or not you spoiler tag this, this shows up in Piggs feed.

• I didn't scroll down far enough in my feed to see the spoiler. Thx, Green and dojo. You saved me.

• I'm loving it so far, despite knowing nothing about Game of Thrones. (I couldn't resist.) I only know GoT by reputation, and what I learned from TV Tropes and Honest Trailers. I did try watching it once, but I was rather turned off by the gratuitous sex in just the first episode. :|

Which is why I'm pleasantly surprised by TTG's Game of Thrones. I think it's fantastic, everything that the TV show could be. And that is a bold statement, I know, but this proves how great GoT can be without unnecessary sexy time. That nonsense happens, yes, but that doesn't mean I want to see or hear it. TTG Game of Thrones has a compelling story, great characters, nice music, and so on. Even someone clueless about GoT proper loves this game.

I'd definitely recommend getting this game.

• Just buy it, i did watch a lot of those episodes on the show, and the game is of course 10/10

• I didn't watch the show or read the books, but it's a fun game. I think you'll enjoy it.

• Well, the answer to this will really depend on specifics of what you are looking for in a game.

Firstly, if you are fan of the show, or the books, you will get a chance to go further into the universe of the show then you otherwise would.

Secondly, if you are a gamer, there are aspects of this game which will deviate from your expectations, which will be honestly interesting. I, myself, have been playing video games since the Atari, and have fond memories of games like the Legend of Zelda on the NES. What I am trying to say is, I have played a lot of games over the years. However, this game has already had moments that I could not have expected, and that left me thinking, 'wait, that is not how this is supposed to work!'

Finally, if you are interested in a psychological aspect of gaming, this game presents a fantastic opportunity to evaluate decision making, and what defines the personality of a character. You can, with this game, look into aspects of speech and thought, such as as schemas, and define for your characters why they choose to behave the way they do, and what that means to them.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.