TV Show

2»

Comments

• edited May 2006
    Woah, way to dig up a dead thread. Strange thing though, just found out where you can download most if not all the episodes. It's a little sad how they've kiddied the show down so children can watch it without crying but it's still pretty funny. Too bad the episodes download really SLOWLY. But hey, I got 13 of them in a folder right now. Mmm... Sam and Maxy goodness.

Most episodes? If you find more then 17 then please tell me, cause that's all I have out of the 23.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2006
    *BLAM! SCREEEEEECHH!!!*
    Turns out I didnt need to use that plutonium, the site still exists (www.samandmax.net)

Heres what they said:
    "The Episode Media Archive is currently in limbo pending the hosting of a number of large video clips. You'll be the first to know if this situation changes, though. Thanks for your patience."

Oh, yeah... Its the UNOFFICIAL site... Not made by Steve... Sorry... #-o

Hey woo! Samandmax.net is actually my site - I started it in high school! - though I've left David (AKA Metallus) largely in control now that I work at Telltale. I would one day like to get those brief episode video clips back on the site, but it was a lot of work to get them up in the first place, and after our server crashed a couple of years ago I couldn't bring myself to set it all up again. Someday...
    edited May 2006
    Hey guys (and gals?), I just had to go through this thread and delete a lot of posts, which isn't something I ever like to do in any forum. (Everything I removed was directly related to how to obtain pirated copies of the show.)

Please (really) keep discussion of pirated material out of the forums. Yes, that includes the allegedly cunning messages asking users to email you privately so you can disclose the location of said pirated material - despite appearances we're not dumb and can in fact read, so in the end moves like that are no more clever than posting a link. :)

I know everyone's enthusiastic about Sam & Max, but Telltale's forum isn't the place for that particular brand of enthusiasm.

Thanks,

Jake
  • edited May 2006
    I'm sorry, Jake! I'll never do it again! :-s
  • edited May 2006
    The Sam and Max Fox kids TV Ad , show opener, and Artsy Craftsy thingie and on google Video/ Youtube anyways.
  • edited June 2006
    Woah, way to dig up a dead thread. Strange thing though, just found out where you can download most if not all the episodes. It's a little sad how they've kiddied the show down so children can watch it without crying but it's still pretty funny. Too bad the episodes download really SLOWLY. But hey, I got 13 of them in a folder right now. Mmm... Sam and Maxy goodness.

Most episodes? If you find more then 17 then please tell me, cause that's all I have out of the 24.

Bump!
  • edited June 2006
    I bought all three of the official, Nelvana VHS tapes from eBay a few years ago. My nephew had some of the episodes recorded from when they were originally aired and he's certain that there are more than the what were released on those tapes. (More episodes might have been released since then, but I'm not aware of them, and I look regularly.)

I converted all of the tapes to DVD, but I used a low-quality, constant bit rate. Really grainy. I have difficulty watching them any more because of how much more experience I've gained with DVD mastering. I plan on converting the tapes to DVD again but this time with a higher, variable bit-rate and a better encoder.

Then again, I wouldn't have to do this at all if TTG and Steve could put some pressure on Nelvana to release the episodes to DVD as a promotion with the release of the game.

Hell, have Nelvana give me the episodes and I'll remaster them for DVD! I even have several DLT drives that I can use to make a master for the manufacturing plant, for heaven's sake! I'm serious!

Honestly, I think that this is something that TTG/Steve should strongly consider doing. Nelvana has pretty much let their "Sam and Max" episodes languish. I doubt that they consider the episodes to be of great value. TTG/Steve could probably buy them from Nelvana at a respectable cost.
  • edited June 2006
    I bought all three of the official, Nelvana VHS tapes from eBay a few years ago. My nephew had some of the episodes recorded from when they were originally aired and he's certain that there are more than the what were released on those tapes. (More episodes might have been released since then, but I'm not aware of them, and I look regularly.)

I converted all of the tapes to DVD, but I used a low-quality, constant bit rate. Really grainy. I have difficulty watching them any more because of how much more experience I've gained with DVD mastering. I plan on converting the tapes to DVD again but this time with a higher, variable bit-rate and a better encoder.

Then again, I wouldn't have to do this at all if TTG and Steve could put some pressure on Nelvana to release the episodes to DVD as a promotion with the release of the game.

Hell, have Nelvana give me the episodes and I'll remaster them for DVD! I even have several DLT drives that I can use to make a master for the manufacturing plant, for heaven's sake! I'm serious!

Honestly, I think that this is something that TTG/Steve should strongly consider doing. Nelvana has pretty much let their "Sam and Max" episodes languish. I doubt that they consider the episodes to be of great value. TTG/Steve could probably buy them from Nelvana at a respectable cost.

Dude you should definatly re do them in High quality.
    What non-official VHS episodes did your brother manage to get taped?
    If you go to Nelvana's official website and go to the shows section and then Sam and Max, it'll list all 24 episodes for ya.
    I'd love to get my hands on these so I can burn myself a high quality DVD. I've already made menus and I have an awesome DVD cover this dude made, I'm just waiting to get better versions of the episodes. The ones I have now suffer from blocks and artifacts, save "Aaiieee, Robot!" which is in pretty good shape..
  • edited June 2006
    Dude you should definatly re do them in High quality.
    What non-official VHS episodes did your brother manage to get taped?
    He doesn't remember (he recorded them several years ago) and he can't find the tape that he used. :(
  • edited June 2006
    Hey I've gone through my old sam and max tapes..and these are the episodes I have.. if any of them are the ones that are needed let me know and ill capture them an upload em to youtube or sumthin.. this is what ive got

the 2 best episodes(written by steve purcell of course)

"little bigfoot" and "christmas bloody christmas"

and the rest...

its dangly deever time
    Aaiieee, Robot
    the glazed mcguffin affair
    kiss kiss bang bang
    the second show ever
    maxs big day
    a glitch in time
    that dam gator
    we drop at dawn
    the tell tale tail
    the trouble with gary
  • edited June 2006
    I think you have some of the episodes which weren't released on tape!!!! B-)
  • edited June 2006
    I think you have some of the episodes which weren't released on tape!!!! B-)

tell me which ones..and i'll put em up for people... B-)
  • edited June 2006
    Okay I've figured out I have some of the missing episodes which were not released on VHS... its funny the best episode of the series "christmas bloody christmas" written by steve purcell wasnt 1 of em.. the episode features sams granny and is hilarious!

ill be puttin up christmas bloody christmas, dangly deever time aiiiee robot and the glazed mcguffin affair in the next couple of days...
    edited June 2006
    Hey guys, here's a complete list of titles and summaries of episodes from the animated series which never made it to VHS release: http://www.samandmax.net/?section=animatedseries&page=episodelist&id=2

That page used to have a few short video clips from some of the episodes, but they were sadly lost in a server crash and I never got a chance to fix them and get them back up. Maybe someday I'll have time to get all those video clips working again... :(

At least it's got descriptions!
  • edited June 2006
    man i know i got "the final episode" on tape sumwhere as well..im gonna have to look for that 1..
  • edited June 2006
    HieroHero, you would be VERY kind to post that stuff. VHS were my only way to see Sam & Max in action (I'm Italian), I bought the three original videotapes collection from Canada many years ago. I would be glad to see the missing episodes. :D
  • edited June 2006
    Heres christmas bloody christmas... B-)

• edited June 2006
    YESS!!!
    I can now burn more!

With my mad skillz I'll download the video off youtube
  • edited June 2006
    don't forget "A Glitch in Time" if you're putting these on youtube
  • edited June 2006
    2 replies? I'm gonna need more of a response than that if you want me to put up the rest... /:)
  • edited June 2006
    Hierohero, just give me the time to answer (I live in Italy)! :D
    AND TO THANK YOU! :))
    The Christmas episode is really delirious.
  • edited June 2006
    don't forget "A Glitch in Time" if you're putting these on youtube
    Hey, I already put that one on there!
  • edited June 2006
    Hey, I already put that one on there!

hmm... I see... but I was hoping for a better quality, sorry but that episode is very pixelated in many spots.
  • edited June 2006
    By the way, TellTale, don't let anything here sway you from contacting Nelvana! If you can get the rights to those DVDs, I'll definitely be buying multiple copies regardless of whether or not the episodes are available on VHS/YouTube!

My offer to remaster the episodes for DVD still stands.
  • edited June 2006
    By the way, TellTale, don't let anything here sway you from contacting Nelvana! If you can get the rights to those DVDs, I'll definitely be buying multiple copies regardless of whether or not the episodes are available on VHS/YouTube!

My offer to remaster the episodes for DVD still stands.

thats probably as much chance as lucasarts handing over the old freelance police material.. [>:)]
  • edited June 2006
    thats probably as much chance as lucasarts handing over the old freelance police material.. [>:)]
    I don't see why. Nelvana is just sitting on the episodes. They hardly have any space on their web site dedicated to Sam and Max, and they certainly don't show it anywhere. I can'timagine that it would be so difficult to coax them into selling or licensing the episode rights. They even have a licensing area right on the web site.

LucasArts ... well, that's not a fair comparison. Lucas has this thing called an "ego" that makes him think of some really, really stupid things, like having Greedo fire first.

[>:)]
  • edited June 2006
    has nelvana released any shows on dvd tho? man im still waiting for eek the cat..doubt im gonna get 13 episodes of sam and max.. and plus its probably fox kids that owns the rights to the show..nelvana was just the company that made the episodes.. I mean rockos modern life hasnt even been released on dvd..so not much hope for classic cartoons from the 90s it seems
  • edited June 2006
    The Glazed McGuffin Affair

• edited June 2006
    do you by chance have that episode "Have a Heart" on tape?
  • edited June 2006
    has nelvana released any shows on dvd tho? man im still waiting for eek the cat..doubt im gonna get 13 episodes of sam and max.. and plus its probably fox kids that owns the rights to the show..nelvana was just the company that made the episodes.. I mean rockos modern life hasnt even been released on dvd..so not much hope for classic cartoons from the 90s it seems
    I am getting this directly from the VHS tapes that were released in Canada but now sit proudly on my desk thanks to someone on eBay who doesn't mind exporting goods to U.S. buyers ...

Sam & Max TM and © Steve Purcell
    Series © 1998 Nelvana Limited. All Rights Reserved.

Unless Nelvana has sold the rights since these videotapes were manufactured, they own the rights to the series. Fox Kids licensed them for broadcast from Nelvana, who licensed the rights from Steve Purcell. Just because Fox Kids showed them means nothing. After all, Star Trek is shown on G4. That doesn't mean that G4 now owns the franchise. There merely licensed the rights from Paramount. Look at it this way, too. Steve Purcell owns the characters. TellTale doesn't own the characters just because they're releasing a Sam & Max game.

With respect to cartoons from the 90s ... when the cartoons were manufactured is not the issue. It's percieved cost/profit/demand that drives the decision to release any entertainment medium. We need to get on Steve's and Nelvana's case to let them know that there is demand. I'm actually kind of surprised the Steve hasn't gone to them already and asked how much it would cost to buy the episodes. Well, maybe he has. I don't know, obviously.

Remember, Fox beought back The Family Guy when they saw how well the DVDs were selling. I doubt that Sam and Max has the same amount of fans - you never knw, though - but if enough of us speak out, maybe we could persuade Nelvana to release them.

Oh, don't bother going to their web site. The e-mail address that they have keeps bouncing back with a failure. /:)
  • edited June 2006
    How is this thread still alive? Not that piracy is a good thing but... I've noticed that most of the Sam and Max episodes happen to be on eMule (The P2P file sharing software thingy). If this has been noted already, sorry, but there's no way in hell I'm going to go check throguh all the previous pages. I'm a busy guy. Got Final Fantasy's to play.
    edited June 2006
    Hey guys, sorry, I'm going to have to close this thread. :( I asked once for the discussion of pirated copies of the show to end but it hasn't. If you guys really want to talk about passing around pirated TV shows please do it privately or on another forum.

I know you're all talking about it because you like Sam & Max a ton, and episodes of the Sam & Max TV show are hard to come by, but this isn't the place to swap links and download locales. Hopefully you can understand!

Thanks,

Jake
This discussion has been closed.