The family paintings

I can't get rid of the feeling that there's some hint we're missing, hidden in the paintings. Something to do with... dark past and forbidden love and drama and stuff. Something that got to do with the feud between the families. What do you think?

Alt text

Alt text

Comments

• Gwyn is creepy.

And that brother of the far right is sad.

And two of the people, Talia and Ethan, and the two Whitehills look happy.

That's all I got.

• Nice mustache.

• Ludd Whitehill has some rather fancy mustache.

• edited May 2015

Just makes me think that the Forrester tapestry must have been created a very short time before the events in the game, which I'm not sure is possible. Everyone looks the same age they were in Episode One, even Ryon, who would be noticeably smaller if the tapestry had been made a couple of years before.

• I'm not seeing any deep meaning other than showing what kind of people they are.

(This analysis is my opinion not fact I could be completely wrong)

For example: Asher standing to the far left looking away from the others shows he's an outcast or the odd one out.

One of Ludd's son's reading a book possibly hinting at him being a lover of knowledge hence Gwyns mention of Ebbert being at the citadel.

• I really can't find much, aside from on the Whitehill tapestry, they have the common "Older Brother is the strongest, Middle brother is the smartest, and the Youngest looks up to the Older Brother" thing. The Forrester's tapestry is relatively easy to decipher.

• Rodrick will mary with Gwyn and end the war by making a new tapestry

• I see, did you add the moustache?

• Yes. It flatters his face, no?

Killah posted: »

I see, did you add the moustache?

• Anything that covers up more of his face can only be an improvement

rousseau posted: »

Yes. It flatters his face, no?

• edited May 2015

Gwyns face makes me laugh every time. Maybe the colours in the Forrester picture?

1. Red: Father = dead. Ethan = dead. Roderik = will be dead OR tricked into thinking he was dead before ep 2? Mother around neck/down to chest = is she gonna die? Or is a scarf around her around to symbolise 'hiding'/'vulnerable' (foreshadow being traitor?).

2. Mira wearing purple = royal colour, kings landing.

3. Talia is wearing blue. Some connection to the whitehills later on? Wouldn't it be odd if she was the traitor and had been listening in the counsel? Trying to 'be tough' and protect her little brother to prove something. I dont think she is, just throwing out thoughts.Or perhaps there's something about her and Lady Whitehill, maybe Whitehill will see his wifes spirit in her or she gon get preggo with Gareds babby.

4. Asherwearing green = symbolising direct contrast between him and Roderik

5. Ryon wears yellow = Fear? Not as extreme as red so possibly hinting to him being in danger but not being harmed?

Just random thoughts, haha. I wouldn't take them too seriously.

Alternatively, red could simply be the Forrester colour an blue the whitehills. Notice how Gwyn and Lady Forrester wears both.
    I should go to bed

• I once made an analysis of how Rodrik and Asher are each others opposites based on how they are standing opposite to one another. And yeah, I agree with Asher being the outcast or the odd one.

AgentZ46 posted: »

I'm not seeing any deep meaning other than showing what kind of people they are. (This analysis is my opinion not fact I could be complet

• edited May 2015

I think the Whitehill family portrait points to the Maester as one of them.

• Ryon is happy too, and the mother and mira

Gwyn is creepy. And that brother of the far right is sad. And two of the people, Talia and Ethan, and the two Whitehills look happy. That's all I got.

• It's sure as hell suits him!

rousseau posted: »

Yes. It flatters his face, no?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.