OK, 12:05 am Pacific, 7-7-09...

Still waiting...

:D

(anticipation is always the best part)

Comments

• edited July 2009
    LOL me too.. But I think it's just wishful thinking cause it's probinly gonna to live around noon pacific
  • edited July 2009
    All the telltale guys are wrapped up in bed, getting in some good rest for the launch in the morning.
  • edited July 2009
    I would be willing to bet there are plenty of them working.... getting stuff ready... remember its not just the game they have to set up but the website's main page and ads.
  • edited July 2009
    Oh, I know.
  • edited July 2009
    Irishmile wrote: »
    I would be willing to bet there are plenty of them working.... getting stuff ready... remember its not just the game they have to set up but the website's main page and ads.

Wouldn't that stuff be done well in advance? Seems incredibly stupid to leave it to the last minute.
  • edited July 2009
    Wouldn't that stuff be done well in advance? Seems incredibly stupid to leave it to the last minute.
    You clearly don't know much about web hosting. Just go to bed or something and when you wake up, your game will have appeared! its like magic!
  • edited July 2009
    They just updated the countdown page.... "It's almost here!"

:D
  • edited July 2009
    Ah... It's coming.

Feels strange after 9 years of waiting.
  • edited July 2009
    The main page's headline has changed from "1 day" to "almost there" :)
  • edited July 2009
    It's 9:10am in the UK and not here :(
  • edited July 2009
    Its 4.15pm here, feels like I'm well into the day approaching the 8th!
  • edited July 2009
    I'm sure we all understand that 07/07/09 could mean any time on that day in any timezone. I'm sure as hell am not expecting it to come out on the 7th in my timezone (It's 4:18 in the afternoon on the 7th where I am).

Although that being said, It would be nice if it was... :D

Edit: backlash above me is where I am from! What are the chances? How's it going buddy?!
  • edited July 2009
    SubElement wrote: »
    I'm sure we all understand that 07/07/09 could mean any time on that day in any timezone. I'm sure as hell am not expecting it to come out on the 7th in my timezone (It's 4:18 in the afternoon on the 7th where I am).

Although that being said, It would be nice if it was... :D

Edit: backlash above me is where I am from! What are the chances? How's it going buddy?!

LOL I'm in Perth as well. 4:30 pm and counting:). I wish there was a count-down clock, I can't wait!

edit: Does anyone know how big it is (in MB, not time). I'm downloading a wallace and gromit episode but my connection is slow as. Seeing as though this is on WiiWare aswell, I figure it will be a lot smaller than W&G. Is that a correct assumption?
  • edited July 2009
    Creepy! Perth loves the Monkey Island it seems...
  • edited July 2009
    I can't see it appearing till around 5pm GMT in UK that always use to happen with Sam & Max
  • edited July 2009
    I'm from Perth as well! Oh wait, that's just me again
  • edited July 2009
    Monkey love is universal.
  • edited July 2009
    It's 11:39 AM in Romania... just payed my internet bill so that I can download it at home (I'm at work now)
  • edited July 2009
    I can't see it appearing till around 5pm GMT in UK that always use to happen with Sam & Max

That's like, 8 hours away. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo:(
  • edited July 2009
    6:45p here in Sydney
  • edited July 2009

that sounds like 3am on the 8th in queensland time. now debating if it's worth having a quick kip and trying for the early morning playthrough. shame i have to work tomorrow.
  • edited July 2009
    I wish it was night time here in UK then i could go to bed and when i wake up and it'll be here. I feel sorry for you guys in Oz you seem to have the worst deal.
  • edited July 2009

Hmm, that might just be in time for me to download and play on the train home...
  • edited July 2009
    sumodaz wrote: »
    I wish it was night time here in UK then i could go to bed and when i wake up and it'll be here. I feel sorry for you guys in Oz you seem to have the worst deal.

Don't worry, we're used to it... :(
  • edited July 2009
    since when? this is alright it's server update time happening at 7pm that really gets to ya. every mmo i've tried has server updates at 7pm or thereabouts..right when you would be playing them if you had a day job.
  • edited July 2009
    Germany's waiting... 10:51am :D
  • edited July 2009
    I feel sorry for you guys in Oz you seem to have the worst deal.
    Whoa, time ain't that relative, you know. It's going to be out at the same moment in all parts of the world, it's just that their clocks and calenders will show something else. :P
  • edited July 2009
    5pm GMT sounds about right to me (roughly 8 hours from now). That's when all the S&M's went up, or when I got my emails at least. Although that would still make it morning for the Telltale guys, so if they don't get it up until late afternoon it could realistically be another fifteen hours yet.
  • edited July 2009
    Malko wrote: »
    Germany's waiting... 10:51am :D

Portugal's waiting as well... 09:58am :P

God did we went wild when the guys at Video Games Live played the Monkey Island theme for the first time ever by fan request. I wonder how many of us pre-ordered this. :D
  • edited July 2009
    Aequil wrote: »
    Whoa, time ain't that relative, you know. It's going to be out at the same moment in all parts of the world, it's just that their clocks and calenders will show something else. :P

I know that, but when those 'down under' get the game, they will have waited all day and it will be beddie-bo's, where as if you live in US you will wake up and it'll be there to download, a bit like Christmas..... :)
  • edited July 2009
    In Germany you get the christmas presents in the late evening :)
  • edited July 2009
    Yeah I'm from oz aswell, the waiting sucks!!!

Reviews seem positive so far, should be worth the wait!
  • edited July 2009
    I know that, but when those 'down under' get the game, they will have waited all day and it will be beddie-bo's, where as if you live in US you will wake up and it'll be there to download, a bit like Christmas..... :)

you make me wish Germany was closer to the US :D
  • edited July 2009
    10am in UK, gotta go to work now :( back at 10pm better be up!!!
  • edited July 2009
    Malko wrote: »
    In Germany you get the christmas presents in the late evening :)

Is that on Christmas Eve like in Poland or do you wait unitl late evening on Christmas day?
  • edited July 2009
    Its 6 10pm here in Japan and STILL nothing.
  • edited July 2009
    it is the same time globally, and we're fine with it. what is annoying is that the time given isn't the same time globally. we're quite accustomed to just adding another day on the end. it's better than it used to be with local releases lagging by between two weeks and 4 months.

however it's pretty hard on the old noggin getting bombarded with the 7th constantly when it is the next day in practise. i still don't understand why they don't do staged releases on local servers so australasia is the first realease (lower numbers to crash test everything) 8 hours later euro comes online, then 8 hours later the americans get their update. technically we all get it the 7th then and about the same time of day.

and asutralia and it's surrounding neighbours are not huge markets so if there IS an issue it can be picked up before the other two markets get it
  • edited July 2009
    Fishsnot wrote: »
    Its 6 10pm here in Japan and STILL nothing.

if they usually are available at 5pm in UK it'll be about 1am in Japan when it is released.... unlucky, its going to be a late night.
  • edited July 2009
    11:14 in Spain, bananas ready for when monkeys come
  • edited July 2009
    if they usually are available at 5pm in UK it'll be about 1am in Japan when it is released.... unlucky, its going to be a late night.

Too right buddy....too right.
    I thought today would be easy, but I have been waiting for a new MI game for years.
    Please hurry up Telltale.:)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.