Why do older people like Gravity Falls?

I find it strange, and what if the fandom became estranged as the MLP fans?

Comments

• Illuminati or something like that.

Why does anyone like this show? I've never gotten the appeal of it.

• Older people like it because unlike MLP, it's aimed at people for all ages. And because of all the references and mystery surrounding it.

• Because it has a great mysterious story and well writing.

• Why does anyone like this show?

Opinions, different strokes for different folks. I personally love the character development and continuity aswell as the mysterious story and the humor. However it isn't for everyone, much like everything.

Illuminati or something like that. Why does anyone like this show? I've never gotten the appeal of it.

• Well, for the same reasons people enjoy Adventure Time and Steven Universe.

The great story, the Art styles, and It's a time killer until their shows get a new season.

• I thought the same until I actually sat down and watched it properly. I was hooked after a couple of episodes. As someone who grew up in the late 90s/early 00s it feels like a spiritual successor to the shows I used to watch and love, so there's a vibe of nostalgia to it while being something brand new.

• kenjisalkkenjisalk Telltale Alumni

I'm a big animation nerd and comedy buff, and lately there have been a lot of really great animated projects made for younger audiences that are subversive and funny in a way that adults can enjoy too (Adventure Time, Steven Universe, Regular Show, Lego Movie etc). I think it's awesome that a new generation has such experimental and witty things to enjoy like we did in the 80s and 90s. : )

• Theres a lot of good adult jokes in there, its a well written show that can easily appeal to everybody.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.