Silicon County: An Interactive Story (Ongoing)

Comments

• [Open the door.]

NoHopeLeft posted: »

Chapter One: “Missing Man” - Part 3 - May 14th - 7:24 AM - Clive Carson Clive stood on his porch while leaning on the railing, with his c

• [Open the door.]

• [Remain in your study.]

Chapter One: “Missing Man” - Part 3 - May 14th - 7:24 AM - Clive Carson Clive stood on his porch while leaning on the railing, with his c

• edited June 2015

Voting is closed

(!) Clive will open his study door

Sorry anyone who has not yet voted, but the vote is pretty one sided at this point so it probably wouldn't make a difference. Anyway, I'll get to working on the next part, I was out most of the day so I didn't get a chance to work on it. Hopefully it will be done sometime tomorrow.

And thank you for everyone who has submitted a character an reading the story. I'm exceptionally happy for this kind of support, I just hope I deliver since expectations are high. This story hasn't moved very fast these first few parts, but it should pick up pace very soon. I'm currently planning the future of this story, it'll have quite a few interesting twist and turns. And the overall premise is (hopefully) intriguing. I'm thinking the next part will tie up several other PoVs for the time being while I continue to move the chapter along. It's currently planned (plans can change) that there will be two more parts in chapter one. I know it is kind of short, but it was always meant to be short. Hopefully they play out alright.

And one more thing! If you have a question feel free to ask here, or just PM me if you want to keep it a secret from the everyone else.

• Chapter 1: “Missing Man” - Part 4

May 14th - 7:32 AM - Clive Carson

As Rachel aggressively knocked on the door, Clive approached his desk and rested his hand on the chair. The laptop’s monitor displayed a document he was writing - his so-called, self-proclaimed next best seller. It had been so long since he’d made something to be proud of. His vision fell to the closed study door, that continued to be knocked on, with widening eyes. That was simply not true. From his previously tear eyed expression formed a light but happy smile.

Clive opened the door just as Rachel was beginning to shout another slur, but before she could continue, Clive embraced her in a hug. “I’m sorry,” he said. “You’re absolutely right. We’ll sort this all out.”

Rachel, taken back by her father’s sudden reasonability, returned the hug. “Al… Alright.” Rachel and her father parted and she stepped towards living room while nodding, somewhat doubtfully, but appreciative nonetheless. Clive turned back to the study and reentered the room. He placed his hand on the laptop and closed it. As he walked out of the room, he closed the study door behind him.

May 14th - 11:33 - Samantha Jones

Samantha left her class to head for lunch, after leaving the principal's office she went to her first class of the day - sadly one Kayla wasn't a part of. But that time had passed and she was on her way to the cafeteria to meet with her friends. Samantha bared a sad expression as she walked. As she opened the cafeteria doors her vision quickly fell upon her friends sitting near the back of the large room. She first went through the line and soon finished at the register, there she began approaching her friends with a tray full of food.

Samantha froze in place. She spotted someone among her friends, someone she wouldn’t expect. It was Luke. He didn’t seem like himself. He wasn’t exactly there, and his face seemed sad, almost scared, but also filled with some kind of wonderment. In a blink of an eye he was gone. Vanished into thin air. Samantha felt a chill run down her spill and goosebumps appear on her skin.

She blinked several times just to see if he would reappear. No dice. Samantha shook her head and continued towards the lunch table with her friends. “Hey, Sam!” Anna shouted as she approached the table. “Hi,” Samantha replied, still shakened by the brief... hallucination.

Kayla sent her a very interested but friendly smile. “So, what did the principal say about Luke?” Kayla asked respectively. Samantha shook her head disappointedly. “All he said was that he’s missing and the sheriffs are looking into it.” Samantha placed her head in her hands. “It fucking sucks,” she exclaimed with hushed words.

“I’m really sorry to hear that,” Kayla comforted. “It’ll be okay though. Just wait…” Kayla attempted to reassure, but was left sounding unsure of herself. “Well, listen,” Kayla said as she reached into her backpack. A quick rummage through it and she found what she was looking for. She pulled out a what looked like a circle with strings weaving between the loop and feathers hanging from the circle. It was a dreamcatcher. “Here, Sam, Anna,” Kayla handed them each a dreamcatcher. “I’ve got my own. But, um…” she pulled a another one from her backpack, “this one was for Luke.”

“Well, thank you Kayla.” Anna smiled as she looked at the hazel colored sting. “Matches my eyes,” she pointed out. To Samantha’s surprise, hers did too. And the dreamcatcher Kayla presented as Luke’s had hazel sting as well. Odd considering Kayla was blind, but someone probably told her their eye colors.

Samantha smiled as she put hers away in her backpack. “Thanks Kayla.” Samantha turned her sight to the one made for Luke. “And Sam,” Kayla caught her attention, “I wanted you to take the one I made for Luke. Just for safe keeping.”

“I’ll take good care of it then.” Samantha was handed the last dreamcatcher. She briefly held it in the air and looked at it. It seemed to sway in the air. Samantha quickly returned her attention to her friends after she placed the dreamcatcher in her backpack.

“Well then,” Anna frowned, the brief happy expression now vacant. It now seemed unsure.“I’ve overheard some of the others talking about looking around the woods to see if they can find anything.” Kayla nodded in agreeance. “I’ve heard it too,” Kayla confirmed.

“Who? Samantha questioned with an uneasy feeling. “Well, Melissa, Eli, and there’s us.” Samantha narrowed her eyes. “Melissa? I can understand Eli, but Melissa hasn’t ever seemed like the kind of person to be that outgoing, especially without her posse.”

Anna nodded understandingly. “I think Eli got her to tag along. If you think about, he’s seriously the only guy Melissa hangs around on a regular basis.” She twisted her head around and looked at another table across the cafeteria. Samantha followed her eyes to one with several people they hadn’t gotten to know well, but among them was their leader, Melissa, and her underappreciated sidekick Eli. “So,” Anna smiled as Sam continued to look behind herself, “you wanna come?”

“Sure,” Samantha replied as she faced the table with her friends. Where and when are we doing this?” Samantha asked. “Just after school, we’re going down creek to avoid getting in the way of the sheriffs. Around your mom’s diner, I suppose,” Kayla answered.

“Alright.” Samantha smiled halfheartedly. “I’ll come, but there’s something I need to do first. I’m going to visit the consular, though I’ll meet up with you afterwards.” Her vision fell to the spot she had thought she’d seen Luke sitting. It was empty.

May 14th - 4:12 PM - Thomas Callahan

Thomas was a somewhat tall man. He wore a light blue dress shirt and clean blue jeans. He was muscular and had a handsome face. His hands held a book. He set in a chair at a desk while reading. His eyes turned towards the door as it gently opened and a young woman stepped through. “Hello,” he greeted. “How can I help you?” He with a kind and flowing calm voice.

“Um, I would like to talk,” the girl said with an unsure tone. It was Samantha Jones. Thomas nodded understandingly. “Well then,” he pointed to a chair in front of his desk, “have a seat.”

As she took a seat Thomas moved from his desk to a chair in front of Samantha. “Samantha, is it?” Thomas asked. “Yes,” she confirmed.

“Alright, Samantha, what do you need to talk about?” Thomas waited for an answer as he folded his hands in his lap. “You probably already know, but Luke, Luke Page is missing.” Samantha let out a long sigh. “And I’m worried. The principal said the sheriffs were looking into it, but just I’m not really that confident in them.”

“Doubt is a very natural thing to experience. But for what it’s worth, I do believe the Sheriff’s office will come up with something.” Thomas attempted to provide reassurance, but left Samantha with the same feeling as before - a hollowing disappointment and uncertainty. “Sorry, but it isn’t very reassuring,” Samantha replied.

Thomas Callahan nodded and stretched his head. “What world make you feel better about this? Is there anything in particular?” Thomas asked with a sympathetic look. “I…” Samantha sighed. “I don’t think so.”

He nodded. “Well tell me, Samantha, what was Luke to you? To my understanding he was your friend.” Samantha nodded. “He was a friend.” Thomas raised an eyebrow. “Nothing more?” Samantha bite her lip and sighed. “I thought of him as a friend, first and foremost. But I did think we could get together someday, only maybe. I didn’t think about it much though.”

“How did Luke feel about you?” Thomas asked. “I don’t really know,” Samantha answered. “I’m sure he thought of my as a friend as well. I wasn’t interested in getting into a relationship. I don’t want to put that above actual friends.”

“You seem like a good friend. Even if you aren’t interested in Luke in that way, putting friendships above personal wants, urges, or even vices, is a very thoughtful gesture.” Thomas paused gave a brief nod. “Is there anything else you would like to talk about? Is there anything particular about Luke, or you, or anything really?” He smiled. “I’m all ears.”

“Yes,” Samantha awkwardly replied. “I… I saw Luke.” She watched as Thomas’ eyes widened and he straightened his posture. “Sorry?” Thomas said with a confused look. “Could you clarify?” Samantha nodded. “I was in the cafeteria and I saw him sitting where he usually sat. Then I blinked and he was gone.”

Thomas bite his lip and seemed to be thinking. “You haven’t been on any medication, have you? Mainly one that could induce hallucinations. Or a history of have hallucinations?” Samantha shook her head. “I don’t have any medications and haven’t ever had a… vision like this before.” She sighed. “Any thoughts?” Samantha asked with an uneasy expression.

“Well, it could have been your imagination - maybe a very vided thought.” He narrowed his eyes. “A vision, I suppose. What are your thoughts on ‘holy visions’? Signs, clues, symbols, warnings, omems, etcetera. Not necessarily religions, just in general.” Samantha took a second to think. “I… I don’t deny the existence of gods or other things, I can’t claim to know that kind of stuff, but I suppose it’s possible. I’m not really religious or even superstitious though.” She looked up at Thomas. “If you don’t mind answering, have you ever had a vision?” Samantha asked.

“Of course I don’t mind. I wouldn’t be setting a good example if I wasn’t willing to ask these kind of questions to myself.” But then shook his head. “I haven’t experienced any visions. And I haven’t been a man of faith - of god - I suppose, for a while.”

Samantha gave a sympathetic look. “Should I worry about? With this vision?” Samantha asked. “No. No, I’m sure you’re fine. But if you have more of these vision - maybe dreams, I’d advise you see me again.” Thomas scratched his chin. “In case you were wondering; if you continue to have visions it would probably be best to see someone more informed. But by all means, talk with your parents, your friends, your peers. Though it may be awkward, I’m sure most, if not all, will understand and could provide some guidance.” He shot a smile. “Or course that’s part of my job title. So don’t hesitate to come by office if you have any woes of worries.”

Samantha did her best to smile back. It looked forced and Thomas seemed to realize this. “Well, thank you, Mister Callahan. I guess I should be going.” Samantha stood from her seat and nodded as she walked. “Seeya,” Thomas replied as she left through the door.

Thomas frowned and looked at the book he was reading. ‘A Day without the Sun’ by Clive Carson. He didn’t feel like finishing at the moment - an admittedly, somewhat dated horror story. It was a good book though. He grabbed his bag from behind the desk and dropped the book inside before closing it. He looked at his watch. It was time for him to get going.

It had been so long since he’d been to a bar. A drink couldn’t hurt. And to him the thought of having a beer was quite satisfying. Or he could go home and watch something on TV, have a bath, etcetera. Choices, choices…

[Go to a bar. Get a drink.]

[Go home.]

• edited June 2015

That was a great part again! The Rachel/Clive part was sweet and the Thomas part was very interesting as well. He is a pretty cool guy. But the best PoV in this was the Samantha part for me. Luke appearing to her was intriguing and I'm looking forward for more of this.

[Go to a bar. Get a drink.]

Bars are good. Drinks are good.

Chapter 1: “Missing Man” - Part 4 May 14th - 7:32 AM - Clive Carson As Rachel aggressively knocked on the door, Clive approached his

• [Go to a bar. Get a drink.]

I wanna see a good bar fight.

Great chapter!!!

Chapter 1: “Missing Man” - Part 4 May 14th - 7:32 AM - Clive Carson As Rachel aggressively knocked on the door, Clive approached his

• [Go home]

Nice soothing bath, maybe order some pizza, watch some tv...Nice night.

• [Go home]

• [Go to the bar. Get a drink.]

• [Go to the bar get a drink]

• [Go home]

You're drunk.

• ( Go to a bar. Get a drink)

• [Go home.]

• [Go to a bar. Get a drink.] Awesome to see Thomas in action :P

• Thank you. I aim to please! Just wait until the story starts to grow darker... Hehe, nobody's gonna see it coming >;3

That was a great part again! The Rachel/Clive part was sweet and the Thomas part was very interesting as well. He is a pretty cool guy. But

• I doubt things will escalate that fast...

mr.quality posted: »

[Go to a bar. Get a drink.] I wanna see a good bar fight. Great chapter!!!

• When you put it like that it honestly sounds great.

[Go home] Nice soothing bath, maybe order some pizza, watch some tv...Nice night.

• Not yet ;)

BlueShadiw posted: »

[Go home] You're drunk.

• He'll get some real action soon enough :3

janitor posted: »

[Go to a bar. Get a drink.] Awesome to see Thomas in action :P

• So no bar fight then?

I doubt things will escalate that fast... Thanks

• Voting is closed

(!) Thomas will head to a bar and get a drink

Currently working on the next part. I'd say the main part of it is a little less than halfway done and the small bit for Thomas is still in the works. Expect it sometime late tonight or early in the afternoon tomorrow. As I've said before, this part will mark the end of chapter one. In which we'll get another look at Henry's point of view and how things are going on the investigatory side of things. Will they ever find Luke? How will things turn out for our student consular on his trip to the bar? How could things get worse? (Will I start some action or continue this slow burn?) Find out soon!

• Probably not at the current point, but hey, anything is possible...

So no bar fight then?

• Chapter 1: “Missing Man” - Part 5

May 14th - 4:28 PM - Thomas Callahan

Thomas stepped into the bar with a tired look on his face. He eyed up the place. It was his usual bar - being pretty sure it was the only one in Silicon - where he would come to get a drink if he felt like it. And the smile of the bartender greeted him like always. “Hey Tom,” she said with a peachy tone. Thomas nodded. “Hey,” he replied with a smile.

“Usual please,” he ordered his drink. She brought out a glass and began pouring whiskey into it. As she began stepping away with the bottle in hand, Thomas added, “leave the bottle please.” She replied with an awkward but cheerful nod and set it by his glass.

Thomas took the glass in hand and swallowed the liquid. He let out a long sigh with a content expression on his face.

May 14th - 5:45 - Henry Parker

Henry massaged his forehead with his eye closed and a disgruntled look on his face. “Fuck,” he sighed as he soon opened his eyes. He was in a canvas tent went to hold the gather evidence. His eyes wandered across the table in the middle of the tent. A torn t-shirt, pictures of shoeprints, the bloody ones found in the house, and his own, Mitch’s, and several pairs shoes from the house itself. None matched the shoe prints originally tracked throughout the house. Several explanations were that the shoes wore by Luke as he wandered away were majorly different from shoes found in the house. “Henry?” He turned around and came face to face with their secretary, Clyde Roberts. Henry cleared his throat. “What is it?” he asked.

“I’ve wrote everything down, as you asked.” He presented a yellow folder with a large amount of paperwork inside. “I have the, um, items cataloged. I can take them down to the office and put them in the locker whenever you want.” Henry nodded with an appreciative smile. “Where do I sign?” Henry asked jokingly. “On most pages,” Clyde replied with a frown.

“I better get to it then.” Henry patted Clyde on the shoulder. Clyde turned to leave but was stopped when Henry spoke up again. “And could you get Mitch? I’m gonna need his signature.” Clyde nodded and left to find Mitch. Henry put the folder on the table and began filling out parts of each page. “Fuck paperwork,” Henry hissed under his breath as he continue to fill out different pages.

The tent flap opened and Mitch stepped inside. “My turn?” Mitch questioned with a disappointed look. “Your turn.” Henry hand him the folder, having finally finished his part. Mitch reluctantly took the folder and a pen from Henry and began filling out what was left for him to sign.

“We’re going out again with another search party in about five minutes. Are you joining this one too?” Mitch asked with a somewhat worried expression. “Of course,” Henry replied. “Take a rest,” Mitch suggested. “What do you this is?” Henry answered with a sarcastic tone of voice. Mitch shook his head. “How about you take a turn on guard duty? Kyle’s itching to get out and start looking, but here you have him watching the house at all times.”

“He’ll get his chance.” Henry scratched the back of his neck. “But how about a compromise?” Henry brought up. Mitch gave a doubtful look. “I’m listening.” Henry crossed his arms and began explaining. “Kyle can take your spot in the search and you can handle watch the house. Besides, we’re both younger than you by a long shot.” Mitch narrowed his eye. “No offence intended,” Henry added. Mitch didn’t like it when his age was brought into the conversation, even though Henry had a point. But Mitch’s expression softened and he sighed. “Fine.”

Henry nodded with a somewhat cocky smile. Clyde entered the tent again and carried with him several cardboard boxes. “Ready to start packing this shi--” Clyde paused as he spotted Mitch. “Well?” Mitch exclaimed, “I ain’t gonna write you up. Swear away for all I care.” Clyde uncomfortably nodded. Henry stepped towards the table with Clyde before Mitch stopped him. “Clyde and I got this,” Mitch said. “Go on with Kyle now, will ya?”

Henry sighed. “Alright. Make sure to keep an eye on things.” He stepped out of the tent and was greeted by the sun light. The clouds were gone and it was a clear sky. It was still chilly out. Henry grabbed his coat from a chair sitting outside the tent to put over his uniform. He then yawned deeply with his hand cover his mouth. Henry looked his shoulder and a young adult approached him. It was Kyle Finkton - a newly appointed sheriff’s officer. “Kyle, there’s a slight change of plans. Mitch will be guarding the crime scene and you’re coming with him me.” Kyle nodded with an indifferent look. “Sounds good.”

Henry and Kyle both approached a small table sitting in the open with a map on it and several rocks on top of the corners of the map. It was a map of the town and its surrounding area, which was mostly woods. The map was divided into sections. A few of the areas were marked with an ‘X’ to signify they were cleared. “You’ll start here,” Henry pointed to a part of the map with an ‘X’ already on it, “and work your way to here.” His finger landed on a area that hadn’t been searched yet. “I’ll be heading a far downstream as far I can before it gets too dark. I’ll be starting where Mitch found the shirt.” He scratched the back of his head. “I don’t know…” Henry trailed of. “Any… questions?”

Kyle shook his head. “All good here.” He looked over to a table set up a few meters away. Several citizens sat there. They were participating in the search. Henry counted 9. There were much more earlier that day, but most had gone home at that point. “C’mon,” Kyle said, “let’s this started.” Henry agreed and the two walked towards the table. “Listen,” Henry caught their attention. All eyes were on him. “We’re gonna be searching woods one last time today. This time some of you will be going with Kyle, some with me.” He narrowed his eyes as he chose how to divide them. “Will four of you come with me, and the other five go with Kyle?” They all listened and stood from their seats and walked towards them. Henry was surprised by the mood of most of them. Some were laughing and joking with one another. Others seemed indifferent, but far from unhappy.

“Everyone got their walkie-talkies?” Henry questioned. “Yeah,” several of them agreed. “Alright. Good. Good,” Henry mumbled as they split into two groups. “Well, let’s get started.” Henry lead the way.

Upon splitting up, Henry’s group went down the creek. Several people were on both sides and Henry was right by the water. Once they’d past the bridge going over the creek they’d soon reach new territory that they had not yet searched. Henry walked down the creek while keeping in sight him two of the other members of the search party. One on his far left and the other in the woods to his right - each having one more person after them. The one to his far left was a woman across the creek who began talking to Henry from across the water. “So,” she said, quickly catching Henry’s attention. “Yeah?” Henry replied. “Just making conversation,” she answered. Henry narrowed his eyes. “So, what’s your name?”

“Holly,” she replied. “Holly McClaire.” Henry found a smirk appearing on his face. “Well, Holly, I’d shake your hand if not for the creek in between us.” He joked, almost as if he wasn’t tired and miserable. A brief silence fell over the two and Henry suddenly regret making an attempt at telling a joke. But she shot a smile in his direction and said, “yeah,” awkwardly. “Well, how long have you been a sheriff?”

“I’m a Sheriff’s Deputy. And I have been for about a year.” Henry looked Holly in the eye. She had a pixie cut and brown hair. She wore skinny jeans and black combat boots with a loose fitting white t-shirt and a light blue jacket. “Well how’s that been?” Holly asked.

“It’s been fine, quiet. I never expected it to speed up like it has,” Henry answered. “What do you do then?” Holly nodded from the other side. “I work at the pizza place,” she frowned. “Not much happens there, but I figured I’d come down here when we started getting news of Luke disappearing.”

“You knew Luke?” Henry questioned. “Yeah,” Holly replied with a somewhat pleasant expression. “He worked part-time at the same pizza place.”

Henry nodded. He was pleasantly surprised by the turn out earlier in the day of people wanting to help search. Henry didn’t know Luke too well, but he seemed to have touched a lot more people than Henry would have thought. “So what was--” Holly paused. She let out a loud and piercing scream, causing Henry looked to her with a shocked expression. “What is--” Henry began but didn’t finish. He saw it. He looked in the water, on the left bank of the creek was a dead body of a young man.

“Holly!” Henry shouted to catch her attention. She was backing up with a shocked look in her eye. “Holly, please-- please don’t run. Just stand there… I’m-- I’m coming over.” Henry ran into the creek. It was still somewhat swollen with the recent rainfall, but was well below his waist. He pulled his radio from his belt while doing this to get into contact with Mitch. “Hello? Mitch!” Henry yelled into the radio. “Are you there?!”

“Jesus Christ, kid!” Mitch’s disgruntled voice echoed through the radio as Henry continued to wade towards the body. “What is it? Did you find him?” Mitch asked as Henry grew closer to the body. It was caught on a branch. “I’m not sure. I found a body…” Henry huffed as he pushed through to the other side of the creek. “Fuck!” Mitch shouted. “Is it Luke?!”

Henry stood over the body and looked at the body with wide eyes and a sick feeling in his stomach. “It’s…” Henry muttered into the radio. He pulled himself along the bank until he was close enough to smell it - the pungent and sickening odor. He could see it all too clearly. It wasn’t Luke. “It’s not Luke…” he hissed into the radio. “It’s not Luke.” Henry tried to get a better look as he got a little closer.

“Who the fuck is it Henry?!” Mitch screamed from the other end. “It’s…” Henry got a good look the dead body. He, it was he, he had short auburn and looked to be in his late teens. Henry’s slowly mouth fell open as he realized who it was. He raised the radio to his lips and spoke into it. “It’s-- It’s Alexander Carson.”

End of Chapter One: "Missing Man"

Down The Line - José González

• Well then, that's a cliff hanger.

Great chapter.

Chapter 1: “Missing Man” - Part 5 May 14th - 4:28 PM - Thomas Callahan Thomas stepped into the bar with a tired look on his face. He

• That was fantastic! Alexander is who Luke had been fighting with right? I wonder if he killed him.

• edited June 2015

Wait, wait, wait, what? Alexander just died without a single line of dialogue or even a single appearance before his death? Even worse, he died before he could even meet his big sister again? Safe to say, I did not expect that. And safe to say that this is going to completely crush Rachel and to some extent probably even Clive. But especially Rachel's reaction will be interesting, she was a lot closer to Alexander after all. I bet some murderous asshole just booked a tour to a very slow, well-deserved and extraordinarily painful death if she ever gets her hands on him or her.

My theory is that Luke killed him and that the metallic object he threw into the river in the first part was a knife or a gun of some sorts. He is now hiding somewhere because he completely panicked over what he did. That also means that Luke is a dead man for me, even if he's still alive. I really hope that Rachel gets some big vengeance on him or if he's innocent (which I don't believe), on whomever else killed her brother.

Chapter 1: “Missing Man” - Part 5 May 14th - 4:28 PM - Thomas Callahan Thomas stepped into the bar with a tired look on his face. He

• Yep.

Thanks!

MasterStone posted: »

Well then, that's a cliff hanger. Great chapter.

• I think so. No dialogue or an appearance is right. Sad, but right. Yep, Rachel is currently unaware of his death and didn't even get to see him once more before he died. Rachel? Think about Clive! He's going to feel majorly responsible for this. You know nothing Liquid. Nothing.

Interesting theory, but that doesn't explain some of the things that have happened. Samantha having a brief vision of Luke. Luke having a strange marking appear on his skin. Things aren't exactly normal throughout this town. For reasons I cannot explain, I recommend you don't completely condemn Luke until it's sure he killed Alex. Besides, have you thought of a reason he might have killed Alex? If I recall Alexander Carson wasn't the most likable person, if you know what I mean, I'm not trying to justify his potential murderer's motives, but it's something to consider.

Though most of the time I would tell you to not hold your breath, the nature of this story may mean Alex isn't too far out of reach, in a sense...

Wait, wait, wait, what? Alexander just died without a single line of dialogue or even a single appearance before his death? Even worse, he d

• Thank you! And yes, it was mentioned that they got into a fight. Eh, anything's a possibility at this point >.>

AgentZ46 posted: »

That was fantastic! Alexander is who Luke had been fighting with right? I wonder if he killed him.

• well uh, I'm at a loss for words here. This was not expected... I asked for a bar fight and i got a dead kid. I just mean, damn man.... So unexpected. Poor kid though,

But great chapter!

• This is why you don't ask for bar fights dude, bad shit will happen.

Thanks though >.>

well uh, I'm at a loss for words here. This was not expected... I asked for a bar fight and i got a dead kid. I just mean, damn man.... So unexpected. Poor kid though, But great chapter!

• edited June 2015

You know nothing Liquid. Nothing.

I should have chosen Jon Snow as my avatar.

Rachel? Think about Clive! He's going to feel majorly responsible for this.

I guess they are both going to be equally devastated about this. But for me, Rachel's reaction is the more interesting one, as well as probably the more intense one in general. She's more the type to do something to aid the local police and find the killer, while Clive is likely just going to lock himself in his room to mourn. Hopefully that does not mean that Rachel is going to get herself killed while looking for the killer. She definitely deserves to get her vengeance for this. There is also the question how this is going to affect their relationship. I have the feeling Rachel will hold Clive responsible for this as well, further destroying their already rocky relationship, perhaps irreparably this time.

For reasons I cannot explain, I recommend you don't completely condemn Luke until it's sure he killed Alex. Besides, have you thought of a reason he might have killed Alex? If I recall Alexander Carson wasn't the most likable person, if you know what I mean, I'm not trying to justify his potential murderer's motives, but it's something to consider.

If he killed him, he deserves at least the same fate, Period. A reason wouldn't change my opinion on this, unless it was in self-defence (and I doubt it was self-defence) or happened as a result of circumstances completely out of his control (you know, like some sort of possession that did not happen willingly). Of course, Alex was hardly the best person around, but I don't really think he was bad enough to give anyone a good reason to kill him. If Luke is innocent, he has a lot of explaining to do though.

So far, everything points at Luke to be the killer. He was near the river, probably around the time Alex was killed. He had a metallic object in his hands at the beginning of the story, an object he threw into the river as if to dispose of potential evidence. He was absolutely distraught when he got home, up to the point where he lied to his parents about something and almost broke down after they left. Either he is the killer, or he knows more about it. And the fact that he threw something that might be the murder weapon into the river does not help in his case. The amount of evidence against him probably means that he is innocent though...

Interesting theory, but that doesn't explain some of the things that have happened. Samantha having a brief vision of Luke. Luke having a strange marking appear on his skin. Things aren't exactly normal throughout this town.

Now... these things are indeed strange, especially the markings. Perhaps the killer is something supernatural and Luke is either aiding it or used by it, comparable to Lucas in Raining. Or perhaps he witnessed something that killed Alex and decided to dispose of the murder weapon because he fears that nobody will believe him and that he would become a suspect instead. Either way, he knows more about it and finding him will probably answer a few questions.

Though most of the time I would tell you to not hold your breath, the nature of this story may mean Alex isn't too far out of reach, in a sense...

Holds Breath

Does that mean there will be visions or dreams or stuff like that? There would be a few possibilities I could think of here. I mean, Samantha seems to be the local vision person and Rachel's condition could make her prone to this as well. Only problem in Rachel's case would be that she is less likely to take a real vision of her dead brother's ghost seriously.

Faints from lack of oxygen

I think so. No dialogue or an appearance is right. Sad, but right. Yep, Rachel is currently unaware of his death and didn't even get to see

• lesson learned.

This is why you don't ask for bar fights dude, bad shit will happen. Thanks though >.>

• I guess they are both going to be equally devastated about this. But for me, Rachel's reaction is the more interesting one, as well as probably the more intense one in general. She's more the type to do something to aid the local police and find the killer, while Clive is likely just going to lock himself in his room to mourn.

Rachel is more then likely to aid in the investigation. She is a police officer of the L.A. I'm sure she has plenty of useful experience. Then again she isn't the only one with police background. You're diffidently right about Clive, that is something he would do, but given the circumstances he might behave differently.

Hopefully that does not mean that Rachel is going to get herself killed while looking for the killer. She definitely deserves to get her vengeance for this. There is also the question how this is going to affect their relationship. I have the feeling Rachel will hold Clive responsible for this as well, further destroying their already rocky relationship, perhaps irreparably this time.

Choices matter in this. People can die, while the overall story may not change too much, it has major impact on the characters. People will die and people will mourn, but also, they'll kill and they'll live. I have mentioned that the premise of the story is an interesting one, hopefully one that isn't out of the blue. But it will all make sense when the time comes. Probably around chapter four. Rachel and many other characters have lots of potential - lots of it - but also potential to do terrible things. The story may not be was black and white as Raining. There will be things that won't make sense until that one piece of information is introduced.

Now... these things are indeed strange, especially the markings. Perhaps the killer is something supernatural and Luke is either aiding it or used by it, comparable to Lucas in Raining. Or perhaps he witnessed something that killed Alex and decided to dispose of the murder weapon because he fears that nobody will believe him and that he would become a suspect instead. Either way, he knows more about it and finding him will probably answer a few questions.

Supernatural things are far from out of the question. If anything it is the most reasonable possibility to what has been seen with Samantha's vision and Luke's mysterious marking. How else could you explain those things? But the real question: are they dealing with a supernatural killer or the aftermath of something far more strange?

Does that mean there will be visions or dreams or stuff like that? There would be a few possibilities I could think of here. I mean, Samantha seems to be the local vision person and Rachel's condition could make her prone to this as well.

Probably. So far the vision have been isolated to only Samantha. But perhaps it is not the person who has the magical ability of visions, but instead something causing these vision? In which case it Samantha wouldn't be the only one who could have a strange vision to lead them in the right direction. Rachel's place in the story does make it possible, but the motive of the source of the visions would play a big factor in whether of not they have visions.

Only problem in Rachel's case would be that she is less likely to take a real vision of her dead brother's ghost seriously.

Yep, that's a very good point.

You know nothing Liquid. Nothing. I should have chosen Jon Snow as my avatar. Rachel? Think about Clive! He's going to feel ma

• This is why you don't go to bars, everyone.

Peeps be dyin.

Alt text

• edited June 2015

How long of a wait do you think it'll be until you finish the beginning of chapter two?

• edited June 2015

It's anyone's guess since I've been busy, but I'll try to get started on it and hopefully have it finished soon or later. No exact dates planned. Sorry.

On a side note, I have the chapter mostly planned out.

AgentZ46 posted: »

How long of a wait do you think it'll be until you finish the beginning of chapter two?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.