Silicon County: An Interactive Story (Ongoing)

Comments

• [Give up and sleep] I hope bad things don't happen.

Great part!

NoHopeLeft posted: »

Chapter Two: “Matters of the Heart” - Part 4 Rachel Carson Rachel returned the bottle of pills to the counter and rested her weight

• [Give up and sleep.]

It's quite likely that something wants her to fall asleep. Staying awake would only cause further pain for her, so it's probably the best to just give in to the urge. Perhaps something important will happen to her while she sleeps.

Chapter Two: “Matters of the Heart” - Part 4 Rachel Carson Rachel returned the bottle of pills to the counter and rested her weight

• [Resist further]

• Or maybe something interesting will happen if she endures the pain maybe she'll discover something but it would cause great pain in doing so.

[Give up and sleep.] It's quite likely that something wants her to fall asleep. Staying awake would only cause further pain for her, so i

• A branch snapped somewhere in the woods and Murphy looked up from the creek bed to the direction of which it came, throwing Samantha’s attention away from the object.

Alt text

[Resist]

Since it's become obvious which one will be picked.

• [Resist further.]

• [Give up and sleep]

• [Give up and sleep.]

• [Give up and sleep.]

• Voting is closed!

(!) Samantha will let herself fall asleep

Well, I guess I should get started on the next part. Something I forgot to mention after closing one of the previous choices... Remember when I gave you the choice to run for the hills or explain yourself? Well let's just say you avoid your first action scene. Which in this case was a good thing... Too bad you can't avoid the next one <3

Oh... and while I was out for a walk, some asshole in a pickup truck told me to "run" while they drove by, and it scared the shit out of me since it looked like he was going to turn around. Of course, instinctively I hauled ass home, and I'm fine. It was just freaky. Meh, I don't know, felt like sharing. Anyway, have a goodnight everybody!

• Too bad you can't avoid the next one <3

;-;

Oh... and while I was out for a walk, some asshole in a pickup truck told me to "run" while they drove by, and it scared the shit out of me since it looked like he was going to turn around. Of course, instinctively I hauled ass home, and I'm fine. It was just freaky. Meh, I don't know, felt like sharing. Anyway, have a goodnight everybody!

Looks like you just avoided your first action scene too.

Voting is closed! (!) Samantha will let herself fall asleep Well, I guess I should get started on the next part. Something I forgot to

• Oh shit you're right... I'm glad I didn't wait around for an explanation. D:

Too bad you can't avoid the next one ;-; Oh... and while I was out for a walk, some asshole in a pickup truck told me to "run

• Let's hope you can avoid the next.

Oh shit you're right... I'm glad I didn't wait around for an explanation.

• Uh-oh...

Let's hope you can avoid the next.

• Too bad you can't avoid the next one <3

bruh

Alt text

Voting is closed! (!) Samantha will let herself fall asleep Well, I guess I should get started on the next part. Something I forgot to

• Oh 'n' did I mention that possibility of a death? ;)

BlueShadiw posted: »

Too bad you can't avoid the next one bruh

• INPUT ANIME IMAGE OF DISAPPOINTMENT HERE

Oh 'n' did I mention that possibility of a death?

• edited July 2015

while I was out for a walk, some asshole in a pickup truck told me to "run" while they drove by

This totally reminds me of Forest Gump.

• Did you mean, Image of anime disappointment?

Alt text

BlueShadiw posted: »

INPUT ANIME IMAGE OF DISAPPOINTMENT HERE

• Another update:

I've been preoccupied recently and haven't given much time to the next part, but it's currently in development and coming along nicely. Slowly but nicely. It picks up with Clive again as he ventures into a bar. Sounds boring? It kinda is. It'll hopefully devolve into something less boring as I continue writing. (Bar fight confirmed?!) Note: This is not the action I was referring to previously; the action I was referencing will directly involve Samantha again. (I need something to keep you on your toes, right?)

• Prepare for: Exposition

Another update: I've been preoccupied recently and haven't given much time to the next part, but it's currently in development and coming

• Chapter Two: “Matters of the Heart” - Part 5

Clive Carson

Clive was heartbroken. His son was dead and his daughter was going to chase down the killer. There was a fine line between justice and straight up revenge, and he feared this line would blur if Rachel ever got the chance to… Clive made a soul face and shook his head; he didn’t like to think about it.

He felt very tired, but he feared sleep would not be a friend in this endeavor. And almost obviously, it seemed best to not think of sleep while at the wheel of a car and he make a frequent effort to avoid letting his eyelids drift shut. Other thoughts filled his mind and he could barely escape them. His son, his daughter, his… wife; people he loved, but they were also those he neglected in favor of his writing. His pitiful excuse for a career.

His best seller was the only book he ever wrote that he could truly feel proud of. Even then these achievements felt worthless given what he’d done (or didn’t do for that matter) to get them. Only a handful of his published work fell into the alright category, while most others fell below even that.

He could hold no pride in his writing. What came from it was hollow, ashamed feeling.

What he worked on now felt, up until now, worth wild. He recalled that earlier that morning he said to Rachel, how this book he was working on would be his next best seller. Clive had a habit of self-proclaiming things about his writing, a habit of which he was painfully aware.

These thoughts pearlized him; sending chills of regret down his spine and made him doubt every single decision he had made. But they were a far cry from the most horrifying thought that could ever enter his mind. His son was dead and his daughter was going to chase down the killer. Despite Rachel’s promise to Clive, he was still filled with doubts and fears and the very thought of his daughter killing someone was lasting; it didn’t faded, it didn’t dissolve. He feared for Rachel now more than ever. He feared she would exact vengeance -- a process that could take away the innocence he saw in his daughter.

Clive felt a thirst for something that had remained absent from his life for a very long time. He became an alcoholic the day Alexander was born -- the day his wife, Melissa died from giving birth to his son. And sometime after that, he had given up the bottle and instead began a fruitless attempt at rekindling his novelistic tatents.

Today seemed as fitting of a day as ever to begin drinking again; the cliched, sorrowful father mourning the loss of his son by sulking in the presence of a bottle. Clive stopped at a redlight and peered at the road ahead. He looked at a sign for a bar and having already made up his mind, pulled into its small parking lot once the light changed colors.

As he opened his car door he heard a screeching sound and slammed his door closed as a car pulled into the parking spot to his left while narrowly missing his car door.

“Watch where you’re stepping, old man!” a voice of a young man bellowed from the other car as this young man left his car and shot a condescending look towards Clive as he entered the bar.

Clive starred in brief shock for several seconds before he shook his head as unbuckled his seatbelt. Maybe it wasn’t the opportune time to have a drink, but he had come this far, and so he continued out of his own car.

He entered not far behind the young man who took a seat across the bar. Hoping to distance himself from him, Clive set on the opposite side of another man who wore a clean, light blue, button-up shirt who had a book laid down on the bar before him.

Clive’s face lit up briefly with an arrogant smirt as he realized it was his book the man was reading. He quickly suppressed the smirt with an ashamed frown as the man reached for his glass in between pages.

After idling in his seat for a moment, the female bartender approached Clive from behind the counter and greeted him with a smile. “What can I do for you?”

Clive attempted to return the smile but failed. “I’ll just have a beer, please.”

She nodded and stated, “Alright, that’ll be 3.04,” as she began preparing a glass while Clive searched his pockets for his wallet. Upon finding it he sorted out the money to pay for his drink.

The bartender soon approached with a glassful of amber-tinted liquid. Clive handed the cash along with an extra dollar to the bartender who smiled and said, “Thanks,” as she pocketed the tip.

Clive simply nodded and looked down at the medium-sized glass that lay before him. Enticed by the warm glow, he gripped the glass in one hand and raised it to his lips and took a bitter gulp. It tasted much more bitter than he remembered -- perhaps it was the brand. With a soul expression he returned the glass to the wooden countertop and once again placed his eyes on the book the man to his right was reading.

A Day without the Sun. The title wasn’t exactly self-explanatory considering that it was in fact not not about the sun disappearing. The real nature of the novel was dark and unsettling to say the least. Clive didn’t receive much praise for this novel. It was promptly written after writing the book that made a name for himself, but having not been well received by most, it fell into the alright category.

Even he felt somewhat conflicted on the novel. The book was like a bad dream that you couldn’t wake up from. In fact, he integrated nightmares he himself had into it - nightmares that were experienced during the months after his wife died - making the overall piece much more personal, but unfortunately, to him alone.

It was his mad dash of sorts; an attempt to get back out there after his wife’s passing. It turned out rushed and messy in terms of story. He was at fault for that, and he accepted it, but luckily it was more than readable. A Day without the Sun, an odd title that Clive chose - he even recalled his publisher advising against it - it was once again more personal.

It was hard to think back all those years, but he still remembered once at a book signing a kid got a hold of it and started skimming through while his mother’s attention lay elsewhere. And as fate would have it, the boy stopped on one of the disturbing scenes - nothing too bad in comparison to other parts of the book - the mother was ticked off nonetheless and even tried to scold Clive.

Clive would have felt sorry, and he did, but the mother’s attitude towards him insured otherwise. Instead he came up with a somewhat snarky remark. He had a good wit, but it certainly wasn’t appreciated by the mother.

Eventually she somehow managed to get him kicked out of the book store. It pissed Clive off considering the mother was the one who allowed her son to get ahold of the book, but there wasn’t much he could do beyond leaving with a resentful look. It was partly his fault for, as the mother put it, antagonizing her with a taunt. It was more tame than she made it out to be, but it was the argument that followed the devolved the harmless remark.

Clive cringed at the memory. The mother was out of place with her accusations, but in hindsight he was rather immature about it.

Clive cringed with embarrassment once again as he was shooked away from his thoughts by the words of a man. “Are you alright?” the man to his right asked with a worried but more so confused look.

Clive, having realized he was staring blankly at the novel for what seemed like a while, quickly nodded and replied, “Sorry, I was reminiscing.”

After apologizing Clive’s vision drifted forward awkwardly. Still feeling the eyes on him, he turned to the man once again, and in an attempt to silence the awkwardness, he presented his hand.

The man took uneasily but quickly warmed up to Clive after his off putting introduction. “Thomas. Thomas Callahan.”

Glancing to the book once more to find it folded with his name clearly visible, he sighed. “I’m Clive,” he lowered the volume of his voice, “Carson,” he muttered almost distastefully.

“Clive Carson?” The man briefly smirked as he recognized him as the author of the book he was reading, though his smirk faded rather quickly once he picked up on Clive’s admittedly sad expression.

Clive saw fit to choose a subject before another silence ensued. “So, what do you think my book?” Clive forced a smile, but Thomas easily saw through it.

“It’s good. Strange, but good.” Thomas then gazed to the cover which depicted a large explosion that looked like a setting sun but on a much larger scale. “I haven’t reached the climax, so don’t spoil anything, please.”

Clive nodded. “Of course not.” He placed his hand on his glass again and swished it around a bit before he attempt to take a slip. The same bitter taste numbed his mouth. “I, uh,” Clive scratched the back of his neck awkward. “I was wondering how you came by my book. It’s an odd coincidence.”

“I heard about it from your son, Alexander.” Clive felt his heart drop at the mere mention of his son’s name. As Thomas continued, he became painfully aware that Thomas didn’t know of Alex’s death. “I found out you were a writer and decided to look up some of you work. I’m glad I did; it’s got character to it.”

“Thomas Callahan… I recall the name, but not your work. You’re a teacher at the high school?”

Thomas nodded. “Yes, well, counselor,” he replied.

“You’re the student consular?” Clive interest was peaked. “I don’t suppose you mind talking for a bit about a few… problems.”

“I don’t mind. It’s my job. I try to take pride in it even while out of the school.” Thomas glanced towards his empty glass before returning his eyes back to Clive. “Keep in mind though, I might be a little tipsy.”

“I’ll keep it in mind.” Clive let out a long sigh as he swished his glass’ contents around again. “Alexander…” he mumbled longingly, “he’s dead.”

Thomas’ eyes widen as he straight his back. “I’m… I’m sorry,” he quickly replied with a shock, sympathetic look in his eyes. Though before he could continue there was an interruption.

“Boo-fucking-hoo,” the voice of a man rang from the other end of the bar. Clive’s attention landed on the man with a cold stare. Upon second look, the man was older than he originally thought, much older in fact. He looked pissed drunk, which was odd considering he had been here as long as Clive, but the thought occurred to him that he was drunk long before he entered the bar.

“Just ignore him,” Thomas advised. “He’s the P.E. teacher at the high school, and if he continues we can always step outside--” before Thomas could finish what Clive would have guessed had been them stepping outside to finish talking, they were once again interrupted.

“Yeah, we’re step outside,” the man muttered while stepping over to them. He stood several feet away and by the look of his eyes darting back and forth, it was clear he was deciding which to focus on.

“Listen, Buddy--” Thomas muttered calmly, but with a clear hint of frustration before he was interrupted by the man again.

“Alexander was a prick,” the man mumbled. “Always disrupting class with his…” he appeared to feel slightly sick for a brief moment before it appeared to subside, then he continued, “stupidity.”

Clive’s lip was curling with anger as the man paused; he seemed to enjoy from his reaction thus far. Clive already knew his fist was clenched, he definitely wanted to punch the the guy square in the jaw. With Thomas' attention the man and the bartender gone, seemingly on break, there wasn't much stopping Clive from doing it. He hoped Thomas would be on his side.

[Punch the drunk man.]

[Let Thomas handle it.]

[Spill your drink on the drunk man -- all classy-like.]

• I would like to see a bar fight but I dont think that would be such a good idea so I will go with [Let Thomas handle it.]

Chapter Two: “Matters of the Heart” - Part 5 Clive Carson Clive was heartbroken. His son was dead and his daughter was going to chas

• [Punch the drunk man.] I've said it before and I'll say it again, what could possibly go wrong?

Chapter Two: “Matters of the Heart” - Part 5 Clive Carson Clive was heartbroken. His son was dead and his daughter was going to chas

• Great part. After this, not only do I have a far better opinion on Clive, I also got a new least favourite character, namely that bastard of a P.E. teacher. He's one of these people who would look a lot better with a fractured jaw.

[Let Thomas handle it.]

I'd like absolutely nothing more than for Clive to punch that fucking asshole. However, I don't think he is any match for a P.E. teacher in a physical fight and the last thing the poor guy needs today is getting beaten by some drunken son of a bitch. Instead, I hope that Thomas gets pissed off enough to get into a fight instead. I guess he has far better chances to give this guy some much deserved beating.

• [Mess him up Thomas]

BAR FIGHT

• [Let Thomas handle it]

• [Punch the drunk man.]

• [Punch the drunk man.]

• [Let Thomas handle it.]

• [Let Thomas handle it.] No fighting!

• [Punch the drunk man.]

I don't want Clive getting into a fight he obviously can't win.

• [Punch the drunk man] Rip his damn head off and feed it to the lions... If we have any.

It would be awesome if Thomas would punch this guy but I have the feeling he will try to calm the situation down first. But this teacher really needs a beating.

• [Punch the drunk man.]

• So did somthing happen NoHope? Or can we expect somthing soon?

• edited August 2015

I'm alright. I'm just busy with other things at the moment and haven't formally announced anything.

Nolonius posted: »

So did somthing happen NoHope? Or can we expect somthing soon?

• edited August 2015

I'm terribly sorry for any invested in the story. If I'm being honest, I don't know how I want to continue, that and another thing is keeping me from working on this. I feel the need to revise what I've been planning, as it doesn't quite make sense.

I have started a new writing project, off the forums. It's been taking up most of my writing time. What is, is this: I'm attempting to write a book. It seems to be going alright so far. I'll try to keep everyone more updated on the status of Silicon from now on. Hopefully I'll figure out how to continue and work from there for this story.

• edited August 2015

May I ask what kind of book?

I'm terribly sorry for any invested in the story. If I'm being honest, I don't know how I want to continue, that and another thing is keepin

Sign in to comment in this discussion.