Silicon County: An Interactive Story (Ongoing)

Comments

• Wow, a part for Silicon and a part for Monument on the same day! I have no idea how you manage to do that, but I like it a lot :D

[Take the risk of ill-side effects to know what happened to Alex and Luke.]

Owen and legitimate concern, huh? Good joke. Although, this time I do believe that he is concerned, not about Samantha, but because I don't think he wants her to find out who the killer is. In any way, I must know what happened there. Also, I see Luke is back and awake. He has a lot of explaining to do and he better has some very good explanations, or else he can jump straight back into that lake, this time chained to a millstone.

Speaking of explanations, I recently had a new theory what might have happened. We know, all evidence points at Luke to be the killer. However, things simply can't be that easy, can they? Which made me think: We have seen how dangerous, unstable and outright malicious Luke has been after just one month out of his body. It's not too far fetched to assume that whatever happened to him could have happened to someone else before, perhaps years, decades or even centuries earlier. This someone had a lot of time to loose his mind and to become evil and for some reason, it decided to take control of Luke before the prologue, just like Luke took control of that drug dealer. Then, for reasons unknown, it murdered Alex, before leaving Luke's body again, without destroying his mind. That would explain the shock he was in, in the prologue, and it would also explain this 'It' which Owen mentioned in the Chapter 3 finale and which apparently changed Luke.

NoHopeLeft posted: »

CHAPTER FOUR (Part 1) Awakened Owen Williams The brisk wind bit Owen through his thin clothing and caused him to violently shiver.

• [Take the risk of ill-side effects to know what happened to Alex and Luke.]

CHAPTER FOUR (Part 1) Awakened Owen Williams The brisk wind bit Owen through his thin clothing and caused him to violently shiver.

• Wow, a part for Silicon and a part for Monument on the same day! I have no idea how you manage to do that, but I like it a lot :D

Taking week long breaks helps.

Owen and legitimate concern, huh? Good joke. Although, this time I do believe that he is concerned, not about Samantha, but because I don't think he wants her to find out who the killer is. In any way, I must know what happened there. Also, I see Luke is back and awake. He has a lot of explaining to do and he better has some very good explanations, or else he can jump straight back into that lake, this time chained to a millstone.

I'd say it's a little of both. Since, as mentioned, there's an empathic link between herself who she envisions. She could kill herself.

Speaking of explanations, I recently had a new theory what might have happened. We know, all evidence points at Luke to be the killer. However, things simply can't be that easy, can they? Which made me think: We have seen how dangerous, unstable and outright malicious Luke has been after just one month out of his body. It's not too far fetched to assume that whatever happened to him could have happened to someone else before, perhaps years, decades or even centuries earlier. This someone had a lot of time to loose his mind and to become evil and for some reason, it decided to take control of Luke before the prologue, just like Luke took control of that drug dealer. Then, for reasons unknown, it murdered Alex, before leaving Luke's body again, without destroying his mind. That would explain the shock he was in, in the prologue, and it would also explain this 'It' which Owen mentioned in the Chapter 3 finale and which apparently changed Luke.

Third party? Hmm. Seems.... likely. I can confirm there's a physical being you will be able to exact revenge on.

Wow, a part for Silicon and a part for Monument on the same day! I have no idea how you manage to do that, but I like it a lot [Take the

• exact revenge on.

No vengance!

Wow, a part for Silicon and a part for Monument on the same day! I have no idea how you manage to do that, but I like it a lot Taki

• edited October 2015

Third party? Hmm. Seems.... likely. I can confirm there's a physical being you will be able to exact revenge on.

enter image description here

Oh yes, this is excellent! Although, that means it's likely not another out-of-body presence, since I wouldn't count them as physical beings. Ah, whatever it is, as long as they will pay dearly for what they did, I'm more than satisfied >:D

Wow, a part for Silicon and a part for Monument on the same day! I have no idea how you manage to do that, but I like it a lot Taki

• But... now I'm interested. What would you do with the killer instead of taking vengeance?

AgentZ46 posted: »

exact revenge on. No vengance!

• If it was an option... JUSTICE not murder, call the police.

But... now I'm interested. What would you do with the killer instead of taking vengeance?

• edited October 2015

Hm, nah, that wouldn't be justice in my eyes. Locking the killer away for a few years, before he gets a chance to escape, or perhaps manages to get out of prison on parole after a couple of decades, that is far too soft for what he did. He does not deserve an ounce of mercy or the chance of ever living something that resembles any kind of life again. Normally, I'd probably agree with you, but this time, I really want vengeance. The only way I wouldn't take the option to kill him would be if there would be an alternative option that would utterly ruin the killer's life in every way imaginable, an option that would be worse than death for him. With that, I don't mean simply locking him away in prison, where only his life in our society will be ruined, but rather an option that would ensure that he will suffer a thousand times as much as Alex suffered, that he will never feel even the hint of joy or peace for the rest of his life, up to the point where death would be the more merciful option. He has to get what he deserves, and a simple prison sentence is not what he deserves. That said, if he gets sent to prison on top of getting some real punishment, I certainly wouldn't object.

If it was an option... JUSTICE not murder, call the police.

• You're going to have a lot of "fun" options in this chapter (or possibly the next).

Hm, nah, that wouldn't be justice in my eyes. Locking the killer away for a few years, before he gets a chance to escape, or perhaps manages

• Announcing a break:

So, since my Halloween costume remains unfinished, I need to take a break. I'm going to enter a contest with it and it needs to be my only focus if I want to have a chance at completing it. The break is going to last from now to the end of October (which is when the contest ends), but it may end sooner or later than expected. Thank you for your understanding!

This is what I'm making:

enter image description here

I have most of the pieces built and all that remains is hotgluing a frame on the inside of each piece (and that's taking forever D:<), sealing it so I can move on to painting it, then I have to attach buckles and probably other stuff so I can wear it.

• [All of the risks]

Because listening to people is boring!

• Well now the character that does what you want them to do will be as bad as the killer (imo) what will their punishment be?

Hm, nah, that wouldn't be justice in my eyes. Locking the killer away for a few years, before he gets a chance to escape, or perhaps manages

• Looks awesome so far!

Announcing a break: So, since my Halloween costume remains unfinished, I need to take a break. I'm going to enter a contest with it and i

• edited October 2015

In my opinion, they would deserve a medal for ruining the killers life in every way imaginable. Does giving a child-killing bastard exactly what he deserves makes them really as bad as the killer himself? I mean, you might be satisfied with simply locking him away in prison forever, but I am far too involved in this case to give him such a mercy. If it wouldn't involve one of my characters, I would almost certainly be inclined to agree with you. In any other possible case I would be satisfied with simply locking him away. But now, I simply can't stand the thought of the killer ever having a happy moment in his life again. Why should he have it any better than Alexander? Completely ruining every possible aspect of his life up to the point where he begs for death is, in my eyes, the only satisfying and justified punishment for him. Everything less would be mercy and I fail to see why I should be merciful with that guy.

Well now the character that does what you want them to do will be as bad as the killer (imo) what will their punishment be?

• Is there any chance that the killer has not been introduced yet?

This could be dangerous but I am just too curious to finally get some answers. And now that Luke is back, perhaps at least the killer will be identified soon.

• I fail to see why I should be merciful with that guy.

To preserve innocence? To be the better person? If people went around giving people what they 'deserve' and indulging in vengance we'd risk losing good in the world (probably an exaggeration XD). It is my belief that you shouldn't kill people no matter the circumstance and that no one has the right to decide what someone 'deserves', the priority should be to keep them from hurting people. You could argue that by killing them you're stopping them from hurting people which is true in some cases, if prison isn't an option for some reason. By giving people what they 'deserve' we'd create a vicioius cycle of it, kill someone for murder someone else does the same to you etc. By indulging in vengance you risk falling out of the light and into darkness.

In my opinion, they would deserve a medal for ruining the killers life in every way imaginable. Does giving a child-killing bastard exactly

• edited October 2015

As I said before, in any other case I would completely agree with you and, to be honest, I can't even argue against what you say, because I have the same beliefs, for most of the time at least. However, in this case I feel personally involved and that completely changes the way I see this case. I am beyond angry at the killer, because the character that was killed was one of mine and one I liked on top. Because of that, I don't see the killer as a person, but as a monster, with literally zero human or even positive traits. Whatever good intentions or reasons he has, whatever tragic backstory he has, I just don't care for that anymore. For me, he's nothing more than a monster and monsters are meant to be killed. In this particular case, I do not want to be the better person, I only want a way to vent my anger. Being the moral victor sucks if it means that the killer gets away with what he did. There is no satisfaction in locking this monster away only to know that he will find some way to enjoy his new life in prison. After all, he could escape from prison and start a new life somewhere else, or he can find peace in prison and I want neither of this for him. In fact, the mere thought of this killer finding any sort of happiness in life ever again is infuriating and beyond frustrating for me and I really do not wish to make Alexander's death any more frustrating. However, he doesn't necessarily have to die, if there's the option to give him a fate worse than death.

I fail to see why I should be merciful with that guy. To preserve innocence? To be the better person? If people went around giving p

• Maybe. Maybe not. It shall all be revealed; despite my break, I'll be writing a little in my free time.

xSensus posted: »

Is there any chance that the killer has not been introduced yet?

• Imagine if Rachel tortured the killer for vengeance and Clive witnessed it. He would be absolutely devastated. He wouldn't be able to look at his own daughter without being reminded of that. Not to mention what it would do to Rachel; she would be a monster, not only in the eyes of others but hers as well; a loss of innocence.

As I said before, in any other case I would completely agree with you and, to be honest, I can't even argue against what you say, because I

• Exactly! Though Rachel already swore she'd put the killer away and not to put him in the ground so I'm not too worried about her.

Imagine if Rachel tortured the killer for vengeance and Clive witnessed it. He would be absolutely devastated. He wouldn't be able to look a

• edited October 2015

So, you say the killer should be spared? Simply sending him to prison, without making sure that he will never enjoy his life again, that would actually even be a reward in my eyes. It would make a mockery out of Alexander's death not to do everything possible to make the killer's life a living nightmare. After what he did, sending him to prison is not an option anymore. Humans get sent to prison, but the killer can't be considered a human being anymore. He is nothing less than pure evil and he deserves the most horrible fate possible. That wouldn't be vengeance, that would be justice. Mercy is inappropriate with this monster and he does not deserve being spared.

It is beyond question that I don't want this whole frustrating mess to ruin Rachel's life as well, as much as it angers and utterly frustrates me to even think about it. If the option to give the killer exactly what he deserves would destroy her and her life, I probably wouldn't take it, even though I would hate to spare any part of this worthless monsters life. However, at the same time I simply can't stand the thought of the killer getting out of this with simply being sent to prison, where he can live a somewhat normal life, where he can continue to mock Alexander's death with his sheer painless existence. Even worse, it would give this self-righteous child-murdering prick a chance of finding happiness and inner peace. This whole case is already frustrating enough and the thought that the killer might even be rewarded for murdering Alex, by simply being sent to prison for it, that makes it only worse. I just can't stomach the thought of letting him get away with that after what he did and I hope he will get what he deserves in the end. There has to be justice instead of mercy.

Imagine if Rachel tortured the killer for vengeance and Clive witnessed it. He would be absolutely devastated. He wouldn't be able to look a

• Valid argument (if not somewhat vengefull) but liquid you fail to consider two possibilities.

1 the killer might be crazy. If this is the case it is possible they didn't realise what they were doing or had no control of there actions (under drugs or controled by some evil entity or something like that, they might even regret it. Would it really be right to kill someone because they are crazy? Even if they fully regret it? In this case i would chose mercy over justice.

And what if the killer was being forced? I would imagine if some sick monster forced a person to do something the person would have nightmares everyday about it.

Well you get the point. We don't know if the killer was in cotrol of they're actions or even if they regret the murder. We don't even know there gender or even if they were one person. We need more information before we could decide the punishment.

So, you say the killer should be spared? Simply sending him to prison, without making sure that he will never enjoy his life again, that wou

• I actually do consider the possibilities you mentioned. See my most recent theory, where I speculate that Luke might have been possessed by some sort of evil spirit. If the person who shot Alex was indeed possessed and had no control at all over his actions, then this person is not the killer in my eyes. In that case, the evil spirit is to blame. However, since Hope said that there is a physical being responsible for it, I doubt that it was an evil spirit, unless said spirit has a physical body somewhere, similar to Luke.

If the person who shot Alex was forced, perhaps blackmailed or something like that, then I would be willing to consider his reasons. If his reasons are good enough, for example, if the killer had to murder Alex to save his own family, I won't see him as the killer either, but instead would put the complete blame on the person who forced him to kill. I'm not unreasonable, after all.

However, if the killer is indeed the one responsible and if he dares to show regret, then this will make it even worse in my eyes, even more infuriating and insulting. The killer is a complete fucking monster, period. He can't get any worse and he is beyond redemption. I highly doubt that such a being of pure evil would be capable of genuine regret. But even if, what will regret change? Does it magically revive Alex? Does it heal all the pain his actions caused? Does it make him a better person? Does it mean he no longer deserves to be punished? No, any sort of regret this irredeemable monster can show won't be genuine and it won't be enough. If Alex would have survived, regret might have been enough, but now, no amount of regret could be enough to justify sparing the killer. Even worse, coming from such a monster, every kind of regret would be even more insulting to Alexander's memory. There is no regret that could make it any better, it would make this whole case even more frustrating. But trust me, if the killer gets exactly what he deserves, then he will show genuine regret.

Finally, madness... I'm not sure if that would make it better or worse or if that would be enough to convince me to spare the killer. If, for example, the killer is like the Joker, a being of pure evil that just happens to be mad on top, then he would deserve to be put through a lot of pain. If he isn't like the Joker, but shot Alex because he forgot to take his pills or something like that, then I don't know... that would probably be the worst outcome possible, because then there would be no one to blame. And honestly, there has to be someone to blame, because the thought that Alex' death was nothing more than a tragic accident without anyone responsible at all, would be unbearable for me.

Lord_EAA posted: »

Valid argument (if not somewhat vengefull) but liquid you fail to consider two possibilities. 1 the killer might be crazy. If this is th

• edited October 2015

Ah sry hadden't seen that. Good theory. Good arguments too.

Also while i was reading this something occured to me. What if the killer has multiple personality dissorder and just one of the personallities comited the murder? What would you do then?

I actually do consider the possibilities you mentioned. See my most recent theory, where I speculate that Luke might have been possessed by

• Damn, that is a hard question. As I said, a truly insane person who had no control over their actions, someone who is not responsible at all for their actions and never even wanted to kill Alex, that would be the worst possible outcome for me, as well as by far the most frustrating and least satisfying, because I couldn't even hate the killer in that case. I mean, even if the killer gets away without any sort of punishment, simply locked away in prison as a reward for his actions, I would at the very least have someone to direct my hatred against, even if it would be horrible to know that he got away with everything he did. But someone with multiple personality disorder... I don't know man, I really don't know. I just hope it isn't someone with multiple personality disorder.

Ah sry hadden't seen that. Good theory. Good arguments too. Also while i was reading this something occured to me. What if the killer has multiple personality dissorder and just one of the personallities comited the murder? What would you do then?

• Yeah that would be horrible.

Damn, that is a hard question. As I said, a truly insane person who had no control over their actions, someone who is not responsible at all

• What you want isn't justice it's murder or if you make their life a living hell is straight up villainous and possibly worse than what the killer did, if a character did this justice would demand that they be punished for it.

Just to clarify I'm not attacking you or saying you're villainous, I'm just debating with you.

So, you say the killer should be spared? Simply sending him to prison, without making sure that he will never enjoy his life again, that wou

• edited October 2015

and possibly worse than what the killer did

You see, in my eyes he could have done nothing worse. He murdered one of my characters, in a very painful way on top, and I want a satisfying punishment for him instead of the utter frustration that would a simple prison sentence be. How would you react if it would be your character murdered by that monster? Would you be content with just locking him away in prison? Would you be fine with allowing this worthless inhuman rat to continue his life in relative peace and happiness? If so, congratulations, that makes you a far more forgiving person than I could ever be, but I just can't forgive him and I can't let him get away with that. What you suggest isn't justice in my eyes, it is as if you want to reward the killer by giving him a ridiculously merciful sentence. It's as if you're giving Jack the Ripper a parking ticket for all the people he killed.

I mean, I have repeatedly admit that I would even agree with you if I wouldn't be involved in this case. But the murdered character was one of mine and because of that I just can't stomach the thought of letting the killer away without punishment. That would not only feel incredibly and unbearably frustrating for me, but it would feel like an especially degrading insult to his victim.

if a character did this justice would demand that they be punished for it.

And what is with the punishment of the monster that murdered Alex? You're talking about letting him away with a ridiculously low punishment and call it justice. The moment the killer gruesomly murdered a character I care for, he stopped being a person in my eyes and he lost his right to live without agony. He has to suffer for what he did. That is justice. What you suggest is mercy. The killer is a complete monster and he does not deserve your protection nor your mercy. Nothing I could imagine, nothing any character in this story could do to him would come close to the justified punishment, but everything would be better than further degrading his victim by not punishing him at all.

Just to clarify I'm not attacking you or saying you're villainous, I'm just debating with you.

Umm... now I have to ask, have I given the impression that I feel attacked? Because that was not my intention. I just tend to get loud when I debate, without actually being angry. Of course, I feel incredibly frustrated that you insist on rewarding the killer instead of dealing justice, but I definitely do not feel attacked.

What you want isn't justice it's murder or if you make their life a living hell is straight up villainous and possibly worse than what the k

• If one of my characters were killed I would be crushed, I definitely wouldn't forgive the killer but my morals would demand I be the better person and stay in the light.

No you've been fine, it's just that when I've had huge debates like this in the past with people they've gotten aggressive, condecending and even resorted to insulting me. I don't want to be like that with you because you're awesome ^_^

Sorry for frustrating you.

and possibly worse than what the killer did You see, in my eyes he could have done nothing worse. He murdered one of my characters,

• edited October 2015

If one of my characters were killed I would be crushed, I definitely wouldn't forgive the killer but my morals would demand I be the better person and stay in the light.

I guess that's the problem. My morals demand that I'll do everything to get justice and to punish the killer, at least as long as it does not destroy Rachel in the process. And even then, I would be terribly disappointed to give up on my well-deserved vengeance. It's also my deepest conviction that, regardless of what I might get the chance to do, I would still be a better person than the killer in the end, because he is by far the worst person possible. In fact, I don't even think it would make me an even remotely bad person if I make this worthless piece of shit pay dearly for what he did. And I'm not willing to allow this murderous rat a single moment of happiness ever again. Given how determined I am, there is simply no way I'm not going to get satisfyingly sweet justice in the end. It will end horrible for the killer and I am and always will hope and push for a fate worse than death for him. He mustn't get away with killing Alex, he simply mustn't.

No you've been fine, it's just that when I've had huge debates like this in the past with people they've gotten aggressive, condecending and even resorted to insulting me. I don't want to be like that with you because you're awesome ^_^

Ah, good, that's a relief. I was afraid I had given off such an impression. As I said, I'm only a bit frustrated that you insist on allowing the killer to get away with what he did, but definitely not angry or feeling attacked or anything like that. I actually like debating about this. Also, I had no idea what condescending means until now, so I even learned a new word from our debate.

If one of my characters were killed I would be crushed, I definitely wouldn't forgive the killer but my morals would demand I be the better

• Hey No Hope, i just wanted to ask. What are the episode titles refering to? (Only the ones from finished eps of course). I mean i can guess but i would like to see your viewpoint as the writer.

• Escape? Wait,wait,wait right there Liquid my friend. As logical people we cannot throw out imprisonment just because we assume the person would escape. This is not a comic universe, not everyone is going to escape from jail.

Also we don't know what TYPE of imprisonment were talking about. We could be freezing them in time or even banishing them from this existance to a pocket dimension for eternity. We cant rule out a non lethal satisfying punishment method BEFORE we look at more facts.

• edited October 2015

If by episodes you mean the acts, then the first act's title is a reference to change. A crucible:

A ceramic or metal container in which metals or other substances may be melted or subjected to very high temperatures; a place or occasion of severe test or trial; a place or situation in which different elements interact to produce something new.

But if you're referring to the chapter titles, I'll explain each as best I can. Engulfed by Rain and Wind is abstract but is referencing the dense rain in the prologue; Missing Man quite simply refers to Luke's disappearance; Shattered Glass was just abstract as well until shattering glass was frequently mentioned throughout the chapter; Awakened refers to Luke's awakening; the chapter titled Empathy could mean a number of things, maybe just an understanding of a person's actions, or it could refer to Samantha's abilities, which have been revealed to let her feel what those she envisioned felt in an empathic (and legitimately harmful) sense.

Finally, I won't say anything about the chapters of act two. Those are secret c:

Hey No Hope, i just wanted to ask. What are the episode titles refering to? (Only the ones from finished eps of course). I mean i can guess but i would like to see your viewpoint as the writer.

• edited October 2015

Thanks. I was right for some of these :) and COULD be right for Empathy. And don't worry i am fine not knowing about act 2 stuff yet :).

If by episodes you mean the acts, then the first act's title is a reference to change. A crucible: A ceramic or metal container in whi

• edited October 2015

Escape? Wait,wait,wait right there Liquid my friend. As logical people we cannot throw out imprisonment just because we assume the person would escape. This is not a comic universe, not everyone is going to escape from jail.

You see, this is the problem. Sure, an escape from jail is extremely hard to pull off, but it is not impossible, even in the most tightly guarded prisons. Every few months, there are big news about some dangerous bastard escaping from prison somewhere on earth and I won't take the risk of this guy becoming one of them. Aside from that, I'm not only disapproving of simple imprisonment because it would give the bastard a chance to escape, I mostly disapprove of it because while the percentage of people who escape from jail is nearly nonexistant, the percentage of people who start a new life in jail, who find inner peace and happiness and who try to earn redemption in jail is a lot higher. And I don't want a new life for the killer, no inner peace, no happiness and especially not a single chance at redemption for him, because he is beyond any redemption. Finally, prison is by far not the living hell this monster deserves.

Also we don't know what TYPE of imprisonment were talking about. We could be freezing them in time or even banishing them from this existance to a pocket dimension for eternity. We cant rule out a non lethal satisfying punishment method BEFORE we look at more facts.

Now, this on the other hand sounds a lot more like the stuff I actually want for the killer, although every type of imprisonment should always include the added bonus of neverending, excruciating agony for the rest of his worthless existence. I agree with you, there are non-lethal, but still utterly satisfying punishments and these are actually the punishments I hope for. I don't want to kill him, because he deserves a fate far worse than death. Actually, if he gets he deserves, death would be mercy and surprisingly, I have no intentions to be merciful.

Escape? Wait,wait,wait right there Liquid my friend. As logical people we cannot throw out imprisonment just because we assume the person wo

• Voting is closed!

(!) Samantha will envision the day of Luke's disappearance and Alex's death to find out what happened, even at the risk of severely hurting herself

Having finished my Halloween costume I can return to writing! I'll get working on a part soon enough! :D

• You said i wouldn't be long. Has that changed?

Thanks for all the feedback! I'll make sure to take note of a lot of things, including the characters that people like the most - most of th

Sign in to comment in this discussion.