Minecraft: Story Mode [Minecon 2015 Trailer] discussion thread.

Minecraft: Story Mode [Minecon 2015 Trailer]

Jesse and his group of friends revere the legendary Order of the Stone; four adventurers who slayed an Ender Dragon. The Order are the very best at what they do: Warrior, Redstone Engineer, Griefer, and Architect. While at EnderCon, Jesse and his friends discover that something is wrong... something dreadful. Terror is unleashed, and they must set out on a journey to find The Order of the Stone if they are to save their world from oblivion.

Comments

• It would have been better if it had the graphics like those of fan-made animations.

But the trailer convinced me to buy the game.

• edited July 2015

I used to hate this game, but the trailer kinda changed my mind. Even tho I think they could've done their own IP instead, because it looks like the story is gonna be serious again. They're just milking their Minecraft licence to get better sales.

I hope TT will handle this well...

• I have to say, it looks like they actually did a pretty great job with this. Wish I had convinced myself they were actually going to announce something before the panel instead of taking the chance and missing the info.

• It looks interesting, I guess. I'll be waiting for reviews before I consider buying. I've played quite a bit of Minecraft, but I'm not jumping into this blindly. :)

Also, the pig looks like it might talk; Look at dem eyebrows!
    And 2 cobble + 1 stick =/= gold sword. :P

• Chills went down my spine when I heard LEE!

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

So what do you think the weird glowing around this is? I'm certain it's not plot related and has something to do with combat.

Alt text

• Pretty much we click the zombie to attack.

Or te zombie has magical yellow glow powers

dojo32161 posted: »

So what do you think the weird glowing around this is? I'm certain it's not plot related and has something to do with combat.

• edited July 2015

Hopefully they move towards Life is Strange style implementation (third person, let you to actually move instead of constant scene after scene with timed dialogue options.)

Actual gameplay would also be nice considering Minecraft has its own combat mechanics.

• Yeah just what I thought. In my opinion it looks stupid. Such a dumb idea. On youtube the video has 2000 likes and 1000 DISLIKES.

• It's more 50/50 now. I agree, the trailer did nothing for me. And i played minecraft a whole bunch back in the day, and i love all telltale games.

Wigams posted: »

Yeah just what I thought. In my opinion it looks stupid. Such a dumb idea. On youtube the video has 2000 likes and 1000 DISLIKES.

• Let's see....sorta use the plot from every generic fantasy ever....Mine craft graphics...hmm no thanks.

• edited July 2015

Personally im gonna get it because it looks good in my opinion like blind sniper said looks like they are doing a great job with this

ill for sure give it a shot in the trailer the style choice looks promising to me also the voice work is good in my opinion

• The trailer's pretty good in my opinion. Also the character Dave Fennoy voices is dark-skinned and has a black beard around his mouth? A reference, anyone?

Also, wow, it's being hated on REEEEEEEAL hard o.O

• No idea what the plot is going on by the trailer, but Dave Fennoy sooooo, now I need to buy no matter how good it is

• I agree crips also the voice work is top notch and people have stated the animation is most likely a style choice from telltale personally which is likely possible i feel this is gonna be a amazing series very much i do what about u?

Crips posted: »

The trailer's pretty good in my opinion. Also the character Dave Fennoy voices is dark-skinned and has a black beard around his mouth? A reference, anyone? Also, wow, it's being hated on REEEEEEEAL hard o.O

• I liked the idea from the start, I'm not a big fan of Minecraft, I'd say meh, but this is looking pretty cool :D

Lehfeels posted: »

I agree crips also the voice work is top notch and people have stated the animation is most likely a style choice from telltale personally which is likely possible i feel this is gonna be a amazing series very much i do what about u?

• Well, the trailer music is absolutely phenomenal (hopefully Bay Area Sound uploads it to their SoundCloud)...

I'm trying to keep an open mind about everything else - cast is definitely impressive, though.

• edited July 2015

But with telltale at the wheel we can expect something very awesome most likely

Crips posted: »

I liked the idea from the start, I'm not a big fan of Minecraft, I'd say meh, but this is looking pretty cool

• Very interested. Definitely buying. When this was first announced I didn't think the plot would be like this, but it is and appears to be drama focused, so hey now.

• I don't get all the YouTube dislikes for the trailer. This looks fucking brilliant. I guess it's because a lot of people don't like new ideas that are "odd" or "weird"; as if those two words are suppose to be negative conatations which are not really

Weird is good

• The trailer left me flat. There's nothing wrong with it, but I'm not seeing anything to grab hold of in it.

• Thread: Minecraft Story Mode: Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sb7D8APneOA

• I don't know, I was keeping an open mind about it but the plot just doesn't seem interesting and the trailer didn't do anything to capture me, which is probably a first for a Telltale game launch trailer. Idk I'll just wait and see I guess

• I had many doubts just because it was minecraft, but by looking at the trailer, looks like it will be a good game after all.

• edited July 2015

@revec well trailers usually never do any movie or game the justice it deserves most of the time

Revec posted: »

The trailer left me flat. There's nothing wrong with it, but I'm not seeing anything to grab hold of in it.

• Well like i said trailers usually never do any movie or game the perfect justice

I don't know, I was keeping an open mind about it but the plot just doesn't seem interesting and the trailer didn't do anything to capture me, which is probably a first for a Telltale game launch trailer. Idk I'll just wait and see I guess

• Whether that might be a valid point for movies, I feel like Telltale's trailers have always gotten me interested and hyped up. Even games that were/are just aight to me like Walking Dead S2 and Tales, I would enjoy the trailers because it looked interesting. For lack of better term, @Revec is right - the trailer just looks flat.

Even the plot itself doesn't sound that interesting, it just feels like another generic fantasy story. But like I said, I guess I'll just wait to find out.

Well like i said trailers usually never do any movie or game the perfect justice

• Well i do agree the trailer does not have much to it but who knows maybe telltale is only showing small bits and theres a much more interesting plot to it

Whether that might be a valid point for movies, I feel like Telltale's trailers have always gotten me interested and hyped up. Even games t

• Also at 0:48 i said "DID I JUST HEAR LEE'S VOICE?!" O_O

• Yep dave fennoy is confirmed to be voicing in this

Smellmeh posted: »

Also at 0:48 i said "DID I JUST HEAR LEE'S VOICE?!" O_O

• edited July 2015

Thats good. He is a good actor.

Yep dave fennoy is confirmed to be voicing in this

• NUICE im gonna buy it when it releases so i can play it and have fun all day and that is my speech of the day doodoo

• We also got alot of other known faces the girl who plays ellie is voicing in this & billy west & the guy who voiced luke in twd s2

Smellmeh posted: »

Thats good. He is a good actor.

• It looks interesting. I'll give it a try.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

This speech of the day was brought to you by Lehfeels. Lehfeels, he feels the feels.

NUICE im gonna buy it when it releases so i can play it and have fun all day and that is my speech of the day doodoo

• Really didnt like the trailer, it was all over the place and really failed to grab me in any way into the universe like other launch trailers have, also didnt like the voice acting (with exception of dave)

• have fun all day

You mean have fun for 1.5-2 hrs of your day ;)

NUICE im gonna buy it when it releases so i can play it and have fun all day and that is my speech of the day doodoo

• Hmm, I don't know. I was right that Telltale made a story that they could've easily made an entirely different world for instead of using Minecraft. The story looks interesting but...It doesn't feel right, I still see them using the Minecraft name as a way to increase sales to different groups of people. If they made the same story but in their own universe then I can guarantee that people would've taken this a lot better.

The actual video on Youtube also shares a negative feedback. I have never seen Telltale video get a 4000/4000 like to dislike ratio. People in the comments are mostly disappointed but it's the Youtube comments so I'm not surprised. The actual trailer...Is....cool I guess...I still wish it was in it's own universe.

Telltale is making this extra hard for me to choose since they bring in great voice actors...Hell, I might play for the voice actors alone. I don't really know if I'll buy this one.

• edited July 2015

Like I expected, this looks like the Lego movie, you have the main character thas kinda clueless and then there is the confident redhead girl who is the love interest and you get Lee as the wise wizard. Too bad nothing in the trailer hinted that this will be a comedy game like TFTB and that is what made Lego movie great. The trailer was meh for me.

Alt text

• Well im gonna play 100 times a day so all day every day ALL DAY EVERYDAY

have fun all day You mean have fun for 1.5-2 hrs of your day

Sign in to comment in this discussion.