Minecraft: Story Mode [Minecon 2015 Trailer] discussion thread.

124»

Comments

• 11,000 DISLIKES ON THE YOUTUBE TRAILER VIDEO. TAKE A HINT TELLTALE

• edited July 2015

And there's 17,000 likes which make up the majority.

Edit: I'd like to point out that the likes are currently at 30,000, double the amount of the dislikes, which is just under 15,000.

Wigams posted: »

11,000 DISLIKES ON THE YOUTUBE TRAILER VIDEO. TAKE A HINT TELLTALE

• The 11,000 dislikes should be concerning. To compare it the Tales from the Borderlands Launch trailer has 1,492 likes and only 8 dislikes.
    The Game of Thrones Teaser Trailer had 8,818 likes and 403 dislikes.

NoHopeLeft posted: »

And there's 17,000 likes which make up the majority. Edit: I'd like to point out that the likes are currently at 30,000, double the amount of the dislikes, which is just under 15,000.

• With that comparison, I see your point. Though the thing is the dislikes are probably being taken with a grain of salt. Of course, I'm sure telltale aren't really excited how poorly the trailer is being received by a larger portion of the fanbase, but I doubt it'll in anyway cause then to cancel (which is what I assumed you meant by 'take a hint telltale') or rethink their plans.

The 11,000 dislikes should be concerning. To compare it the Tales from the Borderlands Launch trailer has 1,492 likes and only 8 dislikes. The Game of Thrones Teaser Trailer had 8,818 likes and 403 dislikes.

• Oh yes, Yes they did. But that's not all they did... No... They felt the need to blow my portal up, and then blow me up, and I landed in a pit of Soul Sand with one Heart, and no way to jump up. And you wanna know the best part? I had no items, and No way to kill myself... That was, what? The 3rd time I ever went to the nether?

Kateis posted: »

Wait... Did they destroy your portal? Because I hate when that happens, once I got stuck in the Nether because I respawned there and couldn't get back, although that was on a modded game.

• Haha i guess i meant cancel it but there no way thats happening. They've spent months on the game and im obviously hoping its great so that i don't have only one telltale game to play until 2016

NoHopeLeft posted: »

With that comparison, I see your point. Though the thing is the dislikes are probably being taken with a grain of salt. Of course, I'm sure

• There's always hope for TWD: Michonne. I'm not too interested in either that or Story Mode, but admittedly, the trailer for Story Mode peeked by interest. Though I not a fan of buying the episodes as they come out, since my hard drive space is always running low, I gotta wait for the hard copy to release. I'm doing the same thing with TftBL and GoT.

Haha i guess i meant cancel it but there no way thats happening. They've spent months on the game and im obviously hoping its great so that i don't have only one telltale game to play until 2016

• It might will be a mix of comedy, action, and drama.

Well they got a lot of acting talent for this thing I guess. Do admit it looks kind of daft though, I'm hoping that this trailer is misleading a bit and they are not actually trying to make the game a serious drama

• Find me another Telltale trailer with almost 20,000 likes/ this kind of audience response. Then we'll compare and contrast. :)

Until then, youtubers gonna youtube... as a platform for discussion, it's about as utterly worthless as 8chan. :(

11,000 DISLIKES ON THE YOUTUBE TRAILER VIDEO. TAKE A HINT TELLTALE

• Well that was....loud.

Going deaf video 10/10 Video of the year

Poogers555 posted: »

Stuff Lori, Things.

• The closest one i could find was "The Walking Dead:S2 Reveal trailer" It had 17,281 likes and only 311 dislikes. I agree youtube is not the place to go to have a good discussion. A majority of those dislikes will turn to likes after they play the game I imagine.

Vainamoinen posted: »

Find me another Telltale trailer with almost 20,000 likes/ this kind of audience response. Then we'll compare and contrast. Until then, youtubers gonna youtube... as a platform for discussion, it's about as utterly worthless as 8chan.

• Not on youtube, but in principle. :)

A stong negative reaction has seldom damaged sales, I guess (the Telltale fanbase reacted e.g. really negatively to TWD announcement in 2010), while the overwhelming popularity of this franchise pretty easily outdoes anything Telltale has achieved as of yet. So, really, nothing to rethink as of yet. :)

The closest one i could find was "The Walking Dead:S2 Reveal trailer" It had 17,281 likes and only 311 dislikes. I agree youtube is not th

• Lmao, We all just love that our man Lee is in it.

Poogers555 posted: »

Stuff Lori, Things.

• edited July 2015

Look what I found :)

Alt text

Alt text

• Telltale very rarely has bad games. So I have a lot of faith in this series.

• Not as epic.

Karnedg2013 posted: »

Look what I found

• edited July 2015

Not gonna lie, I'm down for this. I feel like TellTale can make this work. The voice acting is pretty good from what we've seen. The story is actually kind of intriguing, TellTale has a great writing team. So, yeah, I'm buying the first episode, I'm down for new things. And I don't even like Minecraft.

• I liked it. Looks cool and funny and Minecraft lee Everett so that's gonna be sweet

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Wow, this trailer is the most viewed trailer on Telltale's YouTube channel.

• edited July 2015

I don't know... I know I'm not that interested in buying it just due to the fact I was never keen on Minecraft. But it will be good to see what it's like when it's released.

• Looks pretty lame.

I was hoping they'd do a more comedic style reminiscent of a sitcom or maybe skit comedy, but a serious fantasy trek through block world seems utterly pointless and boring.

• Anyone else really loving the music in the trailer?

• It was ok...

Anyone else really loving the music in the trailer?

• From these views do not depend. Minecraft not get more sales than "TWD" and "TWAU".

• edited July 2015

Will see, girl!

Alt text

• Look at the views for Welcome To The Jungle by Guns N' Roses then look at Taylor Swift's Bad Blood.

• I figured it would be a lego movie-esque sort of story... with all new characters and adventures.

I'm sure I won't be disappointed.

• Life Is Strange has a nice style in my opinion. Of course there's the.. triple-A dialogue. GNOSH.. lmfao, so cringey. And Final Fantasy references.. because Square Anus.

dojo32161 posted: »

"Telltale presents..." Life is Strange a Telltale Games Series.

• And this is Minecraft it doesn't count

• I like the name of the group. "The order of Stone"

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

That's also the name of the first episode apparently.

Catlord posted: »

I like the name of the group. "The order of Stone"

• edited July 2015

Ya it sounds good, i am looking forward to this.

People that hate minecraft might like this, but if they are gonna be like "These graphics are horrible" and all that crap, then they aren't gonna have a good time. Graphics aren't everything, is the story that matters to me.

• Also Minecraft was almost called "Minecraft: Order of Stone" But they decided to shorten it. Its a nice little reference for minecraft fans.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.