Free episode?

Hi! i'm new in Telltale Games and I'm asking, will there be free episode of Minecraft Story Mode. I think this feature will be great, because I'm going to test game before buying.

Comments

• No.

• No. It'll only be like $5:00 though so just buy the first episode then decide whether you want the next 4. If that's not good enough I imagine there will be a trial version.

• I don't recall there ever being a trial version for TellTale Z. Has there been?

AgentZ46 posted: »

No. It'll only be like $5:00 though so just buy the first episode then decide whether you want the next 4. If that's not good enough I imagine there will be a trial version.

• edited July 2015

They release the first episode free sometímes after the season has been completed.

• Telltale Z?

I don't recall there ever being a trial version for TellTale Z. Has there been?

• They make demos for the console versions & mobiles as well.

Though don't count me on it.

• JenniferJennifer Moderator

Or sometimes slightly before that too. The first episode of Game of Thrones is free on XBLA now. The only platforms to never receive the free episode are PC and Mac, since they only sell the games as seasons on computer platforms.

That's balanced out though, since their games on PC and Mac have had sales for as much as 80 or 90% off the regular price at Steam or GOG.com a year or more after the games have been out.

ps3gamer095 posted: »

They release the first episode free sometímes after the season has been completed.

• I'm calling you Z, lol.

Telltale Z?

• Oh! Silly me. Well I've personally played the trial versions of Tales from the Borderlands and Game of Thrones. The TFTBL trial ends exactly when Loader Bot says "hi" and the GOT trial ended at the end of the scene at the Farm.

I'm calling you Z, lol.

• You can play the free demo but that isn't a full episode. There won't be a free episode.

• I don't think so. but without a doubt it will be cheap.

• I would give the first chapter for free, how else are they going to "encourage" people to play it, don't give me that BS because its TTG you'll get it, because if that was the case, why haven't you got the SVU games, and all those other great games.

• There is often a ten minute demo, though to be honest watch the first episode on youtube and see if the game is for you

• Yeah, True. If i was trying to sell it, i would give the first chapter for free, to encourage people to get into the game, just me.

There is often a ten minute demo, though to be honest watch the first episode on youtube and see if the game is for you

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited July 2015

They likely will (at least on consoles and smartphones/tablets), but many months after the season has begun, either a few episodes before the season ends (Game of Thrones episode 1 was released for free on XBLA in the beginning of July) or some time after the season has completed.

A lot of Telltale's sales come from purchases after the season has already started or after a season has completed, either by people looking for a discounted price, people who aren't sure about the season before purchase, or those who want to play a season all at once (or a combination of these). So, this approach works well for Telltale.

CrazyGeorge posted: »

Yeah, True. If i was trying to sell it, i would give the first chapter for free, to encourage people to get into the game, just me.

• I think it will especially work for this game, it might cause people to get into it. It will help. I personally can't wait to see the first meta reviews on this game. Its going to be a fun day of reading.

Jennifer posted: »

They likely will (at least on consoles and smartphones/tablets), but many months after the season has begun, either a few episodes before th

• TWD Season 2 had it as well I believe. It ends when you fall into the river.

Oh! Silly me. Well I've personally played the trial versions of Tales from the Borderlands and Game of Thrones. The TFTBL trial ends exactly when Loader Bot says "hi" and the GOT trial ended at the end of the scene at the Farm.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.