What do you want to see from the Telltale Marvel game?

Personally I want to see Moon Knight. He may be a c-list character but I think that's what makes him work, he strays from what Marvel is doing with the more comedic movies with a more grounded 'hero', in an iconic moment for the character, he carves his original killer's face off with a crescent blade. This type of brutality could translate to his action sequences. With most Marvel heroes, the athleticism would be lost in Telltale's oft-maligned Quick Time Event sequences

But ultimately the story is what is most important with Telltale and that is where Moon Knight shines. The morally ambivalent superhero would be right at home in a Telltale narrative, exploring justice and vengeance both on the streets and in politics. In the original series when Moon Knight returns to the States after becoming Khonsu's avatar , he creates two alternative personalities for himself: millionaire playboy Steve Grant and taxi driver Jake Lockley. As time goes on, Spector begins adopting more identities. The tools of his trade soon materialize into a disability: dissociative identity disorder. Moon Knight often becomes lost in his different identities, unable to wrestle himself out of the mental quagmire.

Which in my opinion just sounds like a perfect concept for a Telltale game, the dialogue options that could spurt from this could create a truly engaging and unique narrative.

But what do you guys think, what would you want to see from a Telltale Marvel game? A more grounded experience with street level heroes or maybe something that explores the superpowers of a character, or something else completely? Would you want to see the game take a more comedic route, or follow the mature themes of Telltale's recent games? What characters would you specifically want to see?

Comments

• I wouldn't mind a Shield Agent.

• Spiderman pls

• I would love to see Telltale make a game about Daredevil or Ironman. Deadpool would be cool too, but I figure Telltale will do something a little more mainstream for their game.

• I don't want him to be the protagonist, but if Deadpool is in the game, I will fucking buy it instantly.

• You see, The problem with this is that Moon Knight and Daredevil won't work because we already have The Wolf Among Us. Spider-Man won't work because, Let's be honest, when was the last time something decent came from him? Wolverine would be a great choice, But with his Backstory, and The way he kills, we'll be crossing some dangerous territory there...

I think either the Guardians of The Galaxy or Iron-Man would be perfect here. Both of them have the comic relief aspect, Both are amazing superhero stories, Both have faces some damn cool Enemies, such as Titanium Man, Thanos, Ronan, and The Mandarin!

I think the only other 2 worthy of a Telltale series would either be A very Risky wolverine, or a Nick Fury game. Thing is, If they do Nick Fury, I'm damn sure everyone's gonna want Dave Fennoy for Fury, and You'd better believe there will be a shit fit if he isn't Nick. I would too, Dave would make a perfect Nick.

• Nick Fury game. Thing is, If they do Nick Fury, I'm damn sure everyone's gonna want Dave Fennoy for Fury, and You'd better believe there will be a shit fit if he isn't Nick. I would too, Dave would make a perfect Nick.

What I was gonna say, I would love a Nick Fury game.

You see, The problem with this is that Moon Knight and Daredevil won't work because we already have The Wolf Among Us. Spider-Man won't work

• Same here. But I think I'd perfer GotG over Nick

Saltlick123 posted: »

Nick Fury game. Thing is, If they do Nick Fury, I'm damn sure everyone's gonna want Dave Fennoy for Fury, and You'd better believe there wil

• i'll be a bit disappointed if Deadpool doesn't at least make an appearepance.

• edited July 2015

There was an Ultimate Spider-Man game back in 2005 in which Dave Fennoy did the voice for Nick Fury.

And I still think Moon Knight could be made fairly different from TWAU, while there'd undoubtedly be some similarities which is hard to avoid, I think there's enough they could do to make it it's own separate and different entity. While I'm not expecting this to happen, I still stand by that I at least want someone they aren't doing in the MCU or TV shows. I want to see a whole new character that gives Telltale a lot more room to work with as opposed to being stuck with adapting a more 'well known' property. Plus letting Telltale differentiate themselves from what they're doing in the MCU in the process.

You see, The problem with this is that Moon Knight and Daredevil won't work because we already have The Wolf Among Us. Spider-Man won't work

• edited July 2015

Um...

Moon Knight and Daredevil won't work because we already have The Wolf Among Us

What kind of logic is that? Moon Knight maybe a little but Daredevil and Wolf Among Us are practically nothing alike other than both of them are dark (and the Daredevil show is dark, the comics aren't as dark). It's like saying because Telltale had a comedic game like Sam and Max, they shouldn't have made Tales from the Borderlands.

Spider-Man won't work because, Let's be honest, when was the last time something decent came from him?

The Amazing Spiderman movies are some of my favorite superhero movies ever, and the recent comics from him (Superior Spiderman) have done great with critics (I am yet to read them, will pick them up from my library soon).

Here, take some of your own advice -

Alt text

• Gr8 b8 m8 I r8 8/8

Batman

• Honestly? The chances are endless. They could try to fit it into the main MCU story and maybe do a Hawkeye/Black Widow game where we play as both of them during some of their missions prior to the Avengers. Or they could feature one superhero that hasn't been featured in MCU shows and movies so far and just make an entire game around him (like Moon Knight), yet it's still canon to MCU.

Or they could just make a Spiderman (fingers crossed), Iron Man, or maybe even Thor or Captain America game in it's own universe, just using the comics as inspiration.

I kinda hope it doesn't focus on SHIELD because it feels really overdone already but I have confidence in Telltale to make a good story regardless, so hopefully they won't fuck it up. But this is definitely my most hyped project from them in the coming years

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited July 2015

11/10

Batman

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

I just want an interesting story.

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited July 2015

A game based on Secret Warriors (where Skye/Daisy/Quake leads super powered S.H.I.E.L.D. agents in a secret team started by Nick Fury) would be really awesome. Plus, it would fit in the Marvel Cinematic Universe well, as the end of the second season of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. hinted that Skye and Coulson were heading in that direction.

• Hey, I would definetly play that.

Batman

• I don't really like anything Marvel, but Daredevil would be cool I guess.

• Does Marvel have anything besides superheros?

Just out of curiosity.

• I am a massive Marvel fan. I have original signed art by Andy Lanning. I have Guardians of the Galaxy pop art handing over my dining room table. I got to talk with Todd Nauck 1-on-1 for like two hours.
    And, while I'd love to see a Guardians of the Galaxy video game, especially based off the original 2010 run, I don't think that's going to happen. Why? Disney Infinity. I would bet my entire run of Rocket Raccoon, including the figure and signed #1s alts, that they're going to pull away from MCU and do something like TWAU or TWD, which followed or spun from the comics.
    A lot of my friends have been begging for a Runaways game, and given how well Secret Wars is going... it could happen? Maybe?
    Either way, if they DO do MCU for some reason, it's not going to be the movies, but something spin-offy, like Daredevil or SHIELD.

edited July 2015

Their original stuff is pretty much superheroes, but they do have adaptations of other media into comics that aren't superheroes, such as Dark Tower or Anita Blake: Vampire Hunter.

Does Marvel have anything besides superheros? Just out of curiosity.

• They have all of Star Wars as well.

Does Marvel have anything besides superheros? Just out of curiosity.

• Ah interesting, thank you for the quick answer.

Jennifer posted: »

Their original stuff is pretty much superheroes, but they do have adaptations of other media into comics that aren't superheroes, such as Dark Tower or Anita Blake: Vampire Hunter.

• I thought Star Wars is owned by Disney these days?

divisionten posted: »

They have all of Star Wars as well.

• Disney owns Marvel.

I thought Star Wars is owned by Disney these days?

edited July 2015

Disney bought Marvel a while back too. They just got the rights back to Star Wars from Dark Horse last year (although the switchover didn't officially start until this year). Dark Horse still has the rights to make comics based on Indiana Jones though (although Marvel made some Indiana Jones (and Star Wars) comics in the 1980's, prior to Dark Horse getting the Lucasfilm licenses in 1990).

I thought Star Wars is owned by Disney these days?

• Ha, I didn't know that.

Kind of funny, that the people whos films i grew up with, also made the scene in Daredevil where the Kingpin decapitates a guy with a car door. :D

Jennifer posted: »

Disney bought Marvel a while back too. They just got the rights back to Star Wars from Dark Horse last year (although the switchover didn't

• kenjisalkkenjisalk Telltale Alumni

Oh gosh, I'm such a big Marvel nerd! So many awesome characters to choose from.

SirBlobbington, you've captured my heart with showing love towards Moon Knight (he's my favorite superhero, very underrated and incredibly interesting).

Outside of ol' Moony, I'd love to see a She-Hulk game based on her recent awesome run (dealing with her running a lawfirm tackling the weird legal issues that stem from the existence of superheroes and villains). The new Ms Marvel (Kamala Kahn) is delightful and would be a great protagonist in a video game. A team book like The Young Avengers or Runaways would be a cool way to spotlight some cool lesser knowns (plus play off the ensemble cast aspect of the later Telltale projects). Hawkeye would be another great choice since his recent book is probably some of the best stand alone hero stuff of recent memory.

There's just so many cool choices! I'm sure whatever route they choose, it'll be a ton of fun and full of heart. :D

• You have no idea how much I would kill for a L&O style She Hulk title.

I have katana.

kenjisalk posted: »

Oh gosh, I'm such a big Marvel nerd! So many awesome characters to choose from. SirBlobbington, you've captured my heart with showing lov

• edited July 2015

Stilt-Man, Squirrel-Girl, Howard the Duck or Spider-Ham/Frog Thor.

I'll be disappointed if it's neither of these.

• The Avengers!

• Oh ya TTG will go with Spoderman :P

• The Booty.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.