Redemption? [Episode 5 Spoilers.]

2»

Comments

• What was told to me was that the attack happened because Rodrik imprisoned Gryff on the first place. If that is the truth, then it was Rodrik's mistake.

It wasn't a Rodrick mistake... :O Do you already know why they have to leave someone behind?

• edited July 2015

All the blame can't really be put on Rodrik though. He was trying to do what he could to protect his family & also partially Duncan/Royland's fault for setting him free, although, the reasoning by which they give why they set him free gives me pause at least. At least they didn't want to see the Forresters killed off.

Abeille posted: »

What was told to me was that the attack happened because Rodrik imprisoned Gryff on the first place. If that is the truth, then it was Rodrik's mistake.

• Mhm, I see it; they wanted to protect their House in their own way since they weren't chosen. It's definitely a clash of ideals. I understand that. But I would think over time that they would have arrived at the conclusion that it wasn't working out as they had thought it would. I don't label either of them as bad, simply-- very misguided by the statutes that they live by.

Harian96 posted: »

You know guys, its kind of poetic in a way - depending on who Ethan chose as sentinel - the traitor is determinant - and the dissent can be

• If the traitor was covering for someone, then who would be the possibilities? I mean-- Lady Forrester could have put them under oath to do it but I would think they'd try to subvert it or reveal it to Rodrik in some manner. & if it was Ortengryn, well, I'm not sure that either Royland or Duncan likes him much in the first place-- So, I don't think that would work out.

unra321 posted: »

i dunno, a part of my wants to believe that the traitor was covering for someone else. maybe is just wishful thinking.

• It is kinda hard for me to redeem my traitor, because I kinda ran my sword through him...

• edited July 2015

If you ask him about it, he says he didn't tell a word about it to Whitehills. But then again who knows how much trustworthy is Duncan the traitor.

Forsoothe posted: »

So if Duncan was the traitor, do you think the Whitehills were told about the North Grove? Is the North Grove actually going to help at all, since a potential traitor was the one encouraging Gared to seek it to "save House Forrester"?

• Good idea, but I don't think Telltale would go through that much trouble since the traitor can be Duncan or Royland and he can be dead or alive. I think the traitor's fate will get mentioned in the dialogue, that's about it.

• If Duncan is the traitor, he tells Rodrik that he didn't say anything to the Whitehills about the North Grove.

Forsoothe posted: »

So if Duncan was the traitor, do you think the Whitehills were told about the North Grove? Is the North Grove actually going to help at all, since a potential traitor was the one encouraging Gared to seek it to "save House Forrester"?

• edited July 2015

Well, as I stated, if you spared them.

It is kinda hard for me to redeem my traitor, because I kinda ran my sword through him...

• Mm. :/ Even so, I think it'd redeem the lack of a proper, working story from this most recent episode. But if they're only mentioned in dialogue in the next episode it's probably because Rodrik/Asher killed them off screen or something else happened to them.

Pipas posted: »

Good idea, but I don't think Telltale would go through that much trouble since the traitor can be Duncan or Royland and he can be dead or alive. I think the traitor's fate will get mentioned in the dialogue, that's about it.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.