Confused About Ep 5 Ending

edited July 2015 in Game Of Thrones

So, I was hoping someone could clear a few things up for me which I am a little bit confused about, regarding the ending to Episode 5.

First of all, Asher landed in Ironrath? This is strange on its own just from the geographic of Westeros, Ironrath isn't even on the coast and besides to get there he would of had to sail from Slavers Bay, around Dorne and up past the Iron Isles.

Secondly, where were they going? I mean Asher and the pit fighters just had a really long journey were they seriously going to attack Highpoint? Wouldn't Rodrik want to wait and I don't know, discuss the plan of attack with Asher?

Thirdly, Rodrik was aware that someone had let Gryff go free, but he didn't notice all the other prisoners which went free? And given the lack of food in Ironrath from the earlier episodes, those prisoners were sure well fed and not weak at all.

Which brings me on to my final point, where did Gryff a prisoner find all these weapons and armour for his troops? If Rodrik was marching off to war or what not, wouldn't he want as many weapons and armor as possible for Asher's 'Army'. And somewhat more noticeable to me was that no noticed a horse go missing? I would've thought they'd want everyone for travel...

Anyway I actually thought the episode was really good despite the flaws in the ending.

Comments

• They didn't land in Ironrath, they landed at a port. When they were leaving, they were heading to Ironrath.

• The only thing that confused everybody in this episode is: how the fuck Gryff got healed that quickly if you maimed him!?!

• It looked pretty small to be White Harbor.

• Since the traitor was keeping contact with the whitehills and also knew about the attack, i assume the escape was planned to happen close to Asher's arrival and Gryff encountered some whitehills troops somewhere near ironrath and got some gear.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.