Rodrik is Jesus (Semi Serious Fan Theory)

Anyone else think Rodrik in terms of appearance bears great resmblance to imagery of how Jesus is believed to have looked very strange...coupled with the fact that Rodrik is believed to be killed and then goes through a "resurrection" where he returns to House Forrester just when they are in need of a "lord". There are a few other instances throughout his character arc that seem to be allegorically placing Rodrik in the light of a Jesus like figure including being betrayed by one of his men who he considered family. If anyone has any other examples feel free to point them out I just thought this seemed interesting.

Comments

• Alt text

Elaena.

• edited July 2015

Well Rodrik can walk on wa... Oh no never mind he can't do that. But he has a wood stick... Oh no wait that was Moses...

Don't really see the connection tbh. If anyone who has a Judas in their life, a beard and escaped death is Jesus, then I'm sure we could find plenty

• Not this shit again

• Actually I didn't even think of anyone of this until a friend pointed out he looked like Jesus and them I saw comments from a few other people on different forums pointing out that he looked like Jesus as well. That's why it's only a SEMI-serious theory but they may well have actually intended to draw a few parallels if only just a few or put their own spin on some of those situations to make his character development more compelling or to make him a character players could better empathize with.

_DIO_ posted: »

Well Rodrik can walk on wa... Oh no never mind he can't do that. But he has a wood stick... Oh no wait that was Moses... Don't really see

• I'm new to the forums has someone made a post like this before lol?

Clemenem posted: »

Not this shit again

• People said the same thing about Kenny lol

I'm new to the forums has someone made a post like this before lol?

• Yeah I doubt that. Sorry mate

Actually I didn't even think of anyone of this until a friend pointed out he looked like Jesus and them I saw comments from a few other peop

• At least Kenny had the whole "came back 3 episodes later" thing.

People said the same thing about Kenny lol

• Depends.

Did Jesus put a sword through Judas?

I'm afraid my Rodrick is not too forgiving, like Gryff and Duncan can testify.

• Absurd. Kenny The One-Eyed is obviously Odin incarnate.

People said the same thing about Kenny lol

• Heh, he died in my playthrough.

Now I know it was for Forresters' sins.

• 400 Days, All That Remains, and A House Divided?

• *by Odin's beard

Fixed that for ya.

• Well, Jesus did murder a tree for not growing fruit out of season.

Depends. Did Jesus put a sword through Judas? I'm afraid my Rodrick is not too forgiving, like Gryff and Duncan can testify.

• Yeah I think that's what he's referring to.

• Hey, I never said I agreed with it or found humor in it. All I was saying is that the whole "Kenny = Jesus" joke had a bit more thought put into it than Rodrik's version.

Part of their joke was that he was believed to be dead from No Time Left to 400 Days, 400 Days to All That Remains, and All That Remains to A House Divided. He was seen alive in 400 Days and A House Divided, that's true. The whole thing was a joke anyways. I think it spawned from some "5 Reasons Kenny is Jesus" video.

• I'm new to the forums has someone made a post like this before lol?

• Holy sh*t that's amazing........

• You sir win the internet omg this is amazing!

• No but he should have put a sword through Jesus and actually you have the option of sparing the traitor just depends on you

Depends. Did Jesus put a sword through Judas? I'm afraid my Rodrick is not too forgiving, like Gryff and Duncan can testify.

• You get a like for the Tobirama profile pic lol

• should have put a sword through Jesus

What? Who would do that?

No but he should have put a sword through Jesus and actually you have the option of sparing the traitor just depends on you

• The romans.

should have put a sword through Jesus What? Who would do that?

• It was a spear/lance, but same idea.

The romans.

• Rodrik is our lord and savior.

• Auto Correct changed Judas to Jesus sorry lol that sounded horrible

should have put a sword through Jesus What? Who would do that?

• AWESOMEOAWESOMEO Banned
    edited August 2015

S5 AND ADWD SPOILERS IF ANYONE HASN'T SEEN/READ IT YET

If anyone's Jesus Christ, it's Jon Snow. A highborn man (just noticed both of their names also start with J) of mysterious birth dwells amongst the wicked, rapists and the thieves as their brother, going around encouraging them to make peace with their enemies (he literally loved a wildling girl), betrayed by his closest allies (Alliser Throne, Bowen Marsh, Olly) for preaching for peace between the wildlings and the black brothers (hell, there was even a wooden cross with the words "traitor" right where he was stabbed), stays dead for some time, then is (most likely) resurrected as the savior of mankind in the form of Azor Ahai, a divine hero reborn amidst a certain bloodline according to ancient prophecies to save the known world from the Night's King.

Yeah, he's Jesus Christ.

enter image description here

Sign in to comment in this discussion.