Did the Manderlys really just let the Forresters and Whitehills fight in White Harbor?

So the port Asher landed at was apparently White Harbor, the seat of House Manderly, a very rich and powerful northern house. Why was there no resistance? I get it was after the Red Wedding and all, but White Harbor is a city (in fact the only city in the North) and House Manderly is the richest Northern house, who could easily get guards. Writing or an actual reason?

Comments

• Because plot

• edited July 2015

I believe that wasn't white harbor. It's supposed to be an actual city, not a small port town.

• There's some files that label it as White Harbor.

Drbg posted: »

I believe that wasn't white harbor. It's supposed to be an actual city, not a small port town.

• Really? -.-

There's some files that label it as White Harbor.

• I noticed this, too! If there had been more time, it would have been great if Rodrik said, "We have to alert the Manderlys. There is no way Lord Manderly would stand for Bolton bannermen preparing an ambush in his city."

• edited July 2015

They may have initially intended for it to be White Harbor but it most certainly was not. Otherwise Gryff and Co. would have been fucked up the moment they started something.

If it was White Harbor then next episode had better start like this:

Surviving Forrester brother: "AAAHHHHH REVENGANCE!!"

Sentinel: Well, on the bright side Gryff and all his men were killed because they couldn't escape from the Manderly soldiers on account of the gate they broke, which Ludd is now paying for.

• The Whitehills paid them off? ┐(‘~` )┌

• The Manderly's are about as anti-bolton as you can get in the books. I doubt they could be paid off easily too, since they are very rich.

fayescarlet posted: »

The Whitehills paid them off? ┐(‘~` )┌

• There is no way that the final scene took place at white harbor regardless of what some game files call it.

• ArthurVArthurV Telltale Alumni

It's not White Harbor.

• Don't know why you would think it was. That port was way too small to be white harbor

• Thanks for clearing that up bro.

ArthurV posted: »

It's not White Harbor.

• edited July 2015

Hey Arthur ! Sorry to bother you but would you happen to know if Telltale is currently working on fixing the Gryff eye issue ?

Edit: He totally evaded the question...

It's not White Harbor.

• I was literally getting ready to post this exact same thread! I thought that there was no way that the Manderly's would let that happen and there was no way that small port was White Harbor. Glad to see that it's not, thanks for clearing that up.

• "The North Remembers Lord Davos"

Wyman Manderly in ADWD

The Manderly's are about as anti-bolton as you can get in the books. I doubt they could be paid off easily too, since they are very rich.

• Yeah!

_DIO_ posted: »

Hey Arthur ! Sorry to bother you but would you happen to know if Telltale is currently working on fixing the Gryff eye issue ? Edit: He totally evaded the question...

• Ditto!

Hey Arthur ! Sorry to bother you but would you happen to know if Telltale is currently working on fixing the Gryff eye issue ? Edit: He totally evaded the question...

• Oh. I know nothing about GoT except what I learned on these forums. 8D; Since Telltale confirmed this wasn't the White Harbor place, good to know.

The Manderly's are about as anti-bolton as you can get in the books. I doubt they could be paid off easily too, since they are very rich.

• On the other hand, this might be the point where Lord Manderly was pretending to love the Boltons and Freys in order to get his son returned safely. In which case, he might have turned a blind eye.

• Which brings up an interesting point: isn't White Harbor the only port city in the North? What other options would Asher and company have had?

I was literally getting ready to post this exact same thread! I thought that there was no way that the Manderly's would let that happen and there was no way that small port was White Harbor. Glad to see that it's not, thanks for clearing that up.

• You're telling me that the north has no ports besides white harbor? Yes, it's the only full fledged city but not the only port in The North.

Brn2bwild posted: »

Which brings up an interesting point: isn't White Harbor the only port city in the North? What other options would Asher and company have had?

• Why do files say otherwise?

It's not White Harbor.

• They may have initially intended for it to be but then realized it would make even less sense than the traitor so didn't go that route and they simply left the file names alone.

Why do files say otherwise?

• Does this place have a name? The people at the wikia are going to keep calling it White Harbor until well yeah.

It's not White Harbor.

• edited July 2015

Could be short for "Whitehill Ambush Harbor" or something.

Why do files say otherwise?

• edited July 2015

Can ya give us a different name for it or are you not allowed?

It's not White Harbor.

• edited July 2015

It's the only port 'city' in the North. Technically, it's also the only actual city at all in the North. But there would plausibly also be smaller ports at Widow's Watch, Ramsgate, Oldcastle, Bear Island, Deepwood Motte, Flint's Finger and at the fishing villages along the Stony Shore. Various rivers heading inland would also possibly provide access for smaller vessels to Karhold, The Dreadfort, Hornwood, Barrowton and Torrhen's Square.

Brn2bwild posted: »

Which brings up an interesting point: isn't White Harbor the only port city in the North? What other options would Asher and company have had?

• Has he even been online since it was asked?

Whenever I check when someone was last online, I get some impossible time saying they were last online hours before their most recent post, so I have no way of actually knowing.

• I wouldn't rely on that thing. Every time I see it it looks kinda off

Forsoothe posted: »

Has he even been online since it was asked? Whenever I check when someone was last online, I get some impossible time saying they were last online hours before their most recent post, so I have no way of actually knowing.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.