Lets keep things PG on this side of the Forums

I know Telltale has been making Adult Games for a while, but now they'll be making Story Mode a game made for anybody including children, so with all due respect let's keep things a little more tamer here in the Story Mode forums. Let's try not to leave a bad impression and scare off younger kids when the Season officially premieres later this year. It may be a little hard at first, but we can do it guys!

Alt text

Comments

• So, I can't cuss? THIS IS Censored!

• I DONT LIKE THIS

HES TRYING TO OPPRESS US

So, I can't cuss? THIS IS Censored!

• OPPRESSION!

Green613 posted: »

I DONT LIKE THIS HES TRYING TO OPPRESS US

• Alt text

I DONT LIKE THIS HES TRYING TO OPPRESS US

• In all seriousness though, I dunno, it seems kinda weird to do this just because a child audience is arriving. Won't the ones too young to see swears be supervised by their parents? I think anyone going on here won't really care in all honesty :P

And it'll be hard for people to censor themselves too, I know I'm definitely going to have a hard time at least :p I don't remember the last time you wouldn't see a swear word in my latest 25 posts.

• edited July 2015

As a person who also swears more than they should. I just think it's definitely something to keep in mind. It's an E10+ game and kids are likely to show up so try to at least keep HEAVY language away. (Hell, Crap, damn are all fine to an extent).

In all seriousness though, I dunno, it seems kinda weird to do this just because a child audience is arriving. Won't the ones too young to s

• at least keep HEAVY language away. (Hell, Crap, damn are all fine).

But I need my fucks :[[

As a person who also swears more than they should. I just think it's definitely something to keep in mind. It's an E10+ game and kids are likely to show up so try to at least keep HEAVY language away. (Hell, Crap, damn are all fine to an extent).

• Alt text

at least keep HEAVY language away. (Hell, Crap, damn are all fine). But I need my fucks :[[

• If Telltale can survive going from a family friendly audience before Walking Dead to a mature audience, they can survive going back to a family friendly audience again. I get the impression you guys think this is literally the first time ever Telltale has dared to make a lighthearted game for anything less than an M-rated audience.

In all seriousness though, I dunno, it seems kinda weird to do this just because a child audience is arriving. Won't the ones too young to s

• I get the impression you guys think this is literally the first time ever Telltale has dared to make a lighthearted game

Of course not, I know what games came before TWD.

I'm just saying, for the people that are part of the forum as of right now, it's going to be weird, no? :P

If Telltale can survive going from a family friendly audience before Walking Dead to a mature audience, they can survive going back to a fam

• I wasn't speaking specifically to you, but rather to the general Walking Dead fanbase as that's been the vocal opinion. :P

It'll be different, sure, but Telltale doesn't really aim for one specific audience - they just want to tell good stories. As long as the Minecraft audience can appreciate the good story Telltale is telling, I don't think anyone will rock the boat too much.

I get the impression you guys think this is literally the first time ever Telltale has dared to make a lighthearted game Of course n

• Eh, whatever.

• I think thats a good idea. I dont swear at all so you don't have to worry about me :P

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited July 2015

Just as is the case with the rest of the forums, using language in moderation is OK as long as you aren't cursing up a storm or anything. The expectation is that members who sign up on the forums to discuss the story are at least 13 years of age (See the Privacy Policy). I can't speak for how the other moderators will handle this once more Minecraft fans arrive, but in my book, I personally think you guys should be alright as long as you guys keep it tasteful (as is requested you do everywhere else on the forums). :)

If anything, the only thing I'm concerned about is how Walking Dead/Game of Thrones/etc fans will get along with Minecraft fans. I greatly appreciate the users who act civil and welcome the new users, but I'm not a fan of the small and vocal minority of users from the other fanbases that make posts acting rude, condescending, and elitist towards new users. I'm noticing a trend where users come here from other boards here on the site just to mock the new fans from the Minecraft side of things that aren't yet familiar with how Telltale works. For every time someone feels like mocking a new Minecraft user for asking if this game will have X feature/game mod from Minecraft, don't forget there were just as many complaints like this that people made when Walking Dead: Season 1 was announced, where people were asking if Telltale's Walking Dead was going to be a first person shooter, or complaining that a zombie game focused on talking to people instead of fighting walkers sounded stupid.

Not everyone on the internet is a walking Telltale encyclopedia who knows to expect bi-monthly, episodic, interactive stories where you make choices through dialogue selection, walk around in hub areas, and perform minor QTEs for combat scenes, and there's nothing wrong with that. Instead of criticizing them, you can always just give them a brief rundown of what to expect instead. Likewise, if you are afraid of users acting immature, you can do the proper thing and act mature in order to set a good example - lashing out with even more immaturity and derailing threads with ironic jokes, gifs, etc is not only rude but is also setting a bad example for the new users. If nothing else, don't forget - before people join a forum, they usually read threads and try to get a feel of what the community is like and how people talk to each other. If they see older fans acting rude and spamming threads with ironic jokes and gifs, they might take that in and expect that's how people normally talk to others here.

As the old saying goes, "When in Rome, Do as the Romans do" - so, please, try to set a good example if you feel that immature users could potentially be a problem and give them an example to look up to. :)

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

What the flipping flap are you flapping on about? For cupcakes sake, this is all a bunch of baloney. What a flipping joke.

But seriously I rarely swear unless I'm quoting, it adds to my point or it's an exception so I'll have no flipping trouble with that.

edited July 2015

What the flipping flap are you flapping on about? For cupcakes sake, this is all a bunch of baloney. What a flipping joke.

But seriously I rarely swear unless I'm quoting, it adds to my point or it's an exception so I'll have no flipping trouble with that.

What horrible, vile language you have! I should permaban you on sight for making such an offensive post!

dojo32161 posted: »

What the flipping flap are you flapping on about? For cupcakes sake, this is all a bunch of baloney. What a flipping joke. But seriously

• flagged for saying horrible

What the flipping flap are you flapping on about? For cupcakes sake, this is all a bunch of baloney. What a flipping joke. But seriou

• stirpicusstirpicus Telltale Alumni

Hey watch the flim-flamming language you ice cream cone! I oughta shove a kazoo up your snoot for such fiddlin' faddlin' profanity!

What the flipping flap are you flapping on about? For cupcakes sake, this is all a bunch of baloney. What a flipping joke. But seriously

edited July 2015

What have I become?!? I've failed you all!

(Skip to 1:15)

The only honorable way out...

flagged for saying horrible

• Zoidberg lol.

What have I become?!? I've failed you all! (Skip to 1:15) The only honorable way out...

• If Telltale ever makes a Futurama game, I'll die happy. :P

Zoidberg lol.

• The mature fans might get annoyed of the kids, with their mis-spelling, inmature posts, and all that crap.

But they should get along

Just as is the case with the rest of the forums, using language in moderation is OK as long as you aren't cursing up a storm or anything. Th

• No! Duck you, you flipping flipper.

• Watch your language bruh!!!

papai46 posted: »

No! Duck you, you flipping flipper.

• In the words of Mr Torgue

SO I CAN'T SAY STUFF LIKE SHT, CCK, OR PSSY FCKIN' DCKBALLS! THATS HALF MY FCKIN' VOCABULARY, IT'S GODDAMN BULLSH*T!

• I laughed way too hard at this.

• That's a pretty reasonable thing to request.

Just keep in mind that not all of the kids who come to post are actually going to be kids. It's fine to be safe just in case with those types of posters, but it looks a little gullible to me to just believe the "I'm 10, is GoT too violent? Is Lee in it?" types.

• Yeah there might be some trolls, but there might also be some younger kids who are just excited to talk about the episode they just played and I really don't want that kid to be scared away because someone was cussing up a storm in the comments. It's just the safest thing to keep in mind on a game with a E10+ rating.

Forsoothe posted: »

That's a pretty reasonable thing to request. Just keep in mind that not all of the kids who come to post are actually going to be kids. I

• Yep. It's good to be safe with your language. It's better to be safe with your language while also making sure you're not the butt of someone's joke.

Yeah there might be some trolls, but there might also be some younger kids who are just excited to talk about the episode they just played a

• I'll be honest, i doubt young kids will actually play this game. I mean, TT's gameplay isn't for everyone specially 8 years olds with a short attention span.

• That's fucking stupid Ben... (Sorry had to)

• If someone is young enough to be hurt by swearing then a public forum probably isn't the best place for them. I don't swear very much, and I can understand censoring it to a degree but I don't really see the point of removing them all when some minecraft youtubers swear every now and again.

• Fk dat. I'm saying all the bad I can here like st and n****

sarcasm

• Well....that wasn't exactly what I planned....

Fk dat. I'm saying all the bad I can here like st and n**** sarcasm

• Fuck that family crap...... please

If Telltale can survive going from a family friendly audience before Walking Dead to a mature audience, they can survive going back to a fam

• Prepare! Children are going to storm soon!

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I don't really think everyone should completely change what language they use on this part of the forum as there would be nothing to stop younger users from looking at other parts of the forum where swearing might be used more, the Forum Guidelines do say swearing is fine but to use swear words sparingly and obviously not to insult someone but due to the type of game Story Mode will be i don't see why anyone would need to use swear words when talking about it.

Because Telltale comply with COPPA (as stated in their Privacy Policy) children under the age of 13 are not really supposed to have a account as Telltale are not allowed to knowingly collect information about users under the age of 13 under US law, most children 13+ will likely already know about swear words anyway so i don't think there is too much to worry about.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I think it's a good thing that Telltale are going more diverse again rather than sticking only to the more mature games, family friendly games can still be fun for a older audience and i am personally looking forward to seeing what they will do with Story Mode.

Fuck that family crap...... please

• Yeah...That's true. I don't know...I just wanted to help...I guess I really didn't. Can you just close this thread and forget I ever said anything.

OzzyUK posted: »

I don't really think everyone should completely change what language they use on this part of the forum as there would be nothing to stop yo

• You didn't do anything wrong and were just trying to ask people to behave; we were just clarifying that, technically, we're just going to keep the guidelines consistent across the forums. It's nothing to be ashamed or embarrassed of.

Yeah...That's true. I don't know...I just wanted to help...I guess I really didn't. Can you just close this thread and forget I ever said anything.

This discussion has been closed.