So, to clarify...

edited August 2015 in Game Of Thrones

In Episode 6, does House Forrester have an army to fight the Whitehills?

Or do they really just have Asher's six men? (Why couldn't it have at least been twenty good men™?)

Because all along, the goal has been to aquire an "army." Asher's original goal was to aquire a 100 men strong division of the Second Sons. But when he greets Rodrik, he acts as if he succeeded in that goal. He says it himself. "I've brought you an army." Are we to believe he thinks those six pit fighters are an army, or are there actually more soldiers on the ship? Or were TellTale not able to render that many--but are going to find a way to in Episode 6?

I just don't understand. If he really did have more soldiers, and TellTale just weren't able to show that, why couldn't they have done some clever camera angles to make it look like there was more? Or a have a line, establishing there are more soldiers waiting on the ship? The fact they did none of those things make's me wonder if, in Episode 6, we really just have six Mereenese pit fighters to go to war with. Which, if true, is pretty tragic and depressing. Even for GoT standards.

Thoughts?

Comments

• AWESOMEOAWESOMEO Banned
    edited August 2015

They originally planned for it to be a real large-scale army, but then it hit them that they had to animate the men so they went:

"lol no"

• We also have 4-5 Forrester soldiers xd.

• edited August 2015

if only we had...

Forresters Vs the Whitehills

• Ser Twenty-Goodmen!!

DillonDex posted: »

Forresters Vs the Whitehills

• House Forrester is pretty screwed, as far as we know the 6ish people Asher brought with him are all we've got now in terms of reinforcements. I really doubt we'll get any more Glenmore help either and our own forces are so feeble and few that to say, 'We're going to war", makes me laugh every time. The best the Forrester's could do is try some guerrilla tactics but even then, any attacking force will more than likely get decimated at worst, cut in half at best.

It would have been nice to have all those other pit fighters we saw but I have to go by the simple fact that since we didn't see them once we got off the boat (even if they were just copy and paste soldiers like the Glenmore soldiers) that those 6 we have are all we've got. The Forrester's got no chance... unless one hell of a isolated plague inflicts itself upon the Whitehills lol.

• We have around 10 pitfighters (including Bloodsong), around 10 Ironrath soldiers, Asher/Rodrik, the sentinel, Beskha and maybe, but only maybe we get the Glenmores back... Elaena might persuade them to fight againts the Whitehills (either cuz she wants to support Rodrik or out of revenge for Rodrik)...

Also, people act as tho the Whitehills have thousands of men... they don't... Mira cost them their 100 men army... Now they dont have any more than the Forresters...

And overused jokes are overused, just sayin...

• edited August 2015

Episode 6 starts

Beshka and asher/rodrik are attending to the remaining survivors of the house.

"How ccan we possibly defeat them m'lord?" asks the sentinel "We haven't got enough men"

Rodrik looks at Beshka / Asher and Beshka share a sly grin

"Asher was a dumb arse, but he knew how to fight dirty" Beshka gives Rodrik a sly but sad grin (rodrik route)

"You think I busted my arse for 6 men?" Asher laughs. (Asher route)

Hundreds of pit fighters burst through the gates, from the walls, and through the houses

• I like this person!

Miny77 posted: »

Episode 6 starts Beshka and asher/rodrik are attending to the remaining survivors of the house. "How ccan we possibly defeat them m'lo

• Come on mate,we also have 4-5 Forrester tough soldiers and... A wounded one.ok.. We are fucked.

House Forrester is pretty screwed, as far as we know the 6ish people Asher brought with him are all we've got now in terms of reinforcements

• Hey what about Amaya?

We have around 10 pitfighters (including Bloodsong), around 10 Ironrath soldiers, Asher/Rodrik, the sentinel, Beskha and maybe, but only may

• We were fucked

We are fucked

We...

darko22 posted: »

Come on mate,we also have 4-5 Forrester tough soldiers and... A wounded one.ok.. We are fucked.

• I counted her under the pitfighters, i specifically mentioned Bloodsong cuz he can be optional...

Hey what about Amaya?

• Don't lose hope brother ! We still have our bacon,BACON FROM ICE!

shayan80 posted: »

We were fucked We are fucked We...

• Hundreds good men.

Episode 6 starts Beshka and asher/rodrik are attending to the remaining survivors of the house. "How ccan we possibly defeat them m'lo

• edited August 2015

enter image description here
    I'll just live it here

Ser Twenty-Goodmen!!

• War aren't decided by the numbers of soldiers. Strategy, tactics, smarts and experienced are just as deadly. Remember in episode 4, Asher, Beskha and Croft were able to take down a whole section of Meereen soldiers by using stealth and their fighting skills.

In my playthrough, Rodrik survived. He is a veteran of war and is an experienced leader and soldier. His sentinel is Royland, who knows how to fight and train men. He might be able to force some respect from the pit fighters due to his headstrong nature. Rodrik has an alliance with Elaena and there is still the possibility of Glenmore soldiers. Also, Beskha is there and we all know what a badass fighter she is. That and some extra Forresters soldiers, that might make a differences if they are used well enough, such as guarding, scouting and keeping some orders in Ironrath. I'd say that we got a fair shot against the Whitehills.

Maybe it is not wise of me to be optimistic in GoT setting, but I am. :)

• Well then he's kind of a dick, because if all those pit fighters had been at the port then they'd have saved both brothers.

• Unless they arrived much later?

Flog61 posted: »

Well then he's kind of a dick, because if all those pit fighters had been at the port then they'd have saved both brothers.

• Let's be real here. Beskha herself is equivalent to 20 fighters. Seriously that woman is scary in battle... and I love it.

• Yes please

• I guess lord and sentinel will send Talia, Elissa and Elaena to safety, Whitehills will burn Ironrath and final battle will be at Highpoint. Everyone will die, except Beskha, who will escape with Ryon.

• Who doesn't love bacon?

Don't lose hope brother ! We still have our bacon,BACON FROM ICE!

• Bacon from ice!

mackibennie posted: »

Who doesn't love bacon?

• I'm almost certain he has more men they just aren't all on the screen at once.

• I always assumed there were more but he only brought those few along through the gate because animation. I mean, he and Malcolm both refer to it as an army, I don't think they'd call 6 men an army. There were more on the ship I think.

• enter image description here

Bacon from ice!

• If Ramsay could bring down Stannis and his army with 20 men why couldnt we bring Whitehills down with 6 pit fighters + 40 men that Royland promised us.

• At least every single one of them can take down many Whitehills like Rodrik or Asher at the end of Episode 5.
    So that should be enough to wipe out the Whitehill army including Gryff and Kenny's Ancestor.

Remember, these are Pit fighters that kill for fun. Whilst Whitehills..

Whitehills are pretty much the same except they don't know how to fight Properly, I mean a half Crippled Lordling started rekting half of them. If it weren't for Kenny's Ancestor to stab him he would wipe the fuck out of Gryff and his Army.

Come on mate,we also have 4-5 Forrester tough soldiers and... A wounded one.ok.. We are fucked.

• This is Game of Thrones. Everyone dies. Be prepared.

• Lol at your name

This is Game of Thrones. Everyone dies. Be prepared.

• edited August 2015

Dude its more then 6 men no matter explanation you give me. On the ship there is CLEARLY more then 6.

• enter image description here

War aren't decided by the numbers of soldiers. Strategy, tactics, smarts and experienced are just as deadly. Remember in episode 4, Asher, B

• Lol at your face :P

Lol at your name

• Iron From Ice, Bacon From Ice.

• Gryff and Harys(Kenny's ancestor or my name for him Chuckles(the first thing he did when we saw him)) will pay.

At least every single one of them can take down many Whitehills like Rodrik or Asher at the end of Episode 5. So that should be enough to w

• She burned you like a nice juicy muton chop .

Lol at your face :P

• Yep the digit army stayed in the boat

Wigams posted: »

Dude its more then 6 men no matter explanation you give me. On the ship there is CLEARLY more then 6.

• NO ONE DISSES THE TUTTLE FACE!!!!!1!!!!!!1

Lol at your face :P

• Was it so bad you had to go change your picture? Aw, cute. :D

NO ONE DISSES THE TUTTLE FACE!!!!!1!!!!!!1

• poor lad ...

Was it so bad you had to go change your picture? Aw, cute.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.